Almost 7 weeks post op - loving tummy more than ever Salisbury UK

I am writing this to remind myself how incredibly...

I am writing this to remind myself how incredibly lucky I am!
I had a full tummy tuck with MR on 1st March 2013, so am just over 4 weeks on the flat side.

I have spent my whole life overweight, losing a bit, gaining a bit, but last year, I finally got to around 140 lbs, down from a heaviest of 260 lbs, through a combination of exercise and weight watchers over 4 years.

However, although I was feeling incredibly positive about being a normal weight, I had this horrible hanging down tummy that served as a constant reminder of how miserable I had been for most of my life. I wanted that sad woman gone from me, so I could move on with the rest of my life.

My doctor was incredibly sympathetic, and I was fortunate enough to be accepted for surgery on the NHS, which meant I was placed on a waiting list, and almost a year later, I had my tummy tuck.

My surgeon has done an amazing job, but because of how the NHS works, I can't just phone her up if I have a question so everyone's experiences here on real self have been helping me through my recovery.

I am so happy with my new tummy and belly button. I look in the mirror and cannot believe that is me, and all physical traces of the sadness I carried around with me for nearly 40 years have actually gone.

However, I am starting to go stir crazy after 4 weeks with no exercise (I used to run about 25 miles a week and see a trainer pre-surgery) and no work (I have a 2 hour commute each way, so am not quite ready for that). I am actually talking aloud to myself now, and that way crazy lies!

So this review is to remind myself how lucky I am, how hard I worked for this, and how my whole life is waiting for me, just need to be patient for another week or so!

Was very excited at the weekend as finally six...

Was very excited at the weekend as finally six weeks post op, and so could go for a run. In fact, got carried away and did 3 miles Saturday and Sunday, despite the awful British weather. Swelling no worse than usual, and I can't wait until I can go further.

Still love the tummy, but the ends of the scar are really sore sometimes. Any one else get this? Am not sure how to treat scar and it's still a few weeks until I see my PS again, so any ideas gratefully received.

Went to a huge work expo this week and saw lots of people I hadn't seen in a long time who made me blush a lot with their compliments about how fabulous I was looking. To be honest, I had poured myself into my slinkiest dress in the brightest colour possible so everyone would notice me and my fab new shape. Turns out I am not so shy and retiring after all.

Also got my first bikini. I love it so much. Have no idea when I'll wear it, as it always rains in England and I never go on beach holidays, but I'm 40, and flat and thin for the first time in my entire life, so I am ruddy well going to have a bikini if I want one. Even if I only wear it to watch TV.

A dispute with a friend has made this week a bit stressful, so I have been turning to food a bit too much to comfort myself, which I really want to stop because as much as I love my tummy tuck, I don't want to have to have another one any time soon!

I have been trying to keep positive this week, but...

I have been trying to keep positive this week, but my swell hell has been making it really difficult. I look as if I am carrying around a watermelon, which is so not hot.

I don't know if it's just time of the month combining with increased exercise, but I just hope it goes soon. I'm pretty sure it's not a seroma as there are no waves of liquid and it's fairly even spread across my entire abdomen.

But yeah, I have the blues. Hopefully my upcoming weekend in Paris will chase those blues away! At least I'll be swollen eating crepes and drinking fine wine.

After forcing my friend to watch me repeatedly tap...

After forcing my friend to watch me repeatedly tap my tummy in Paris, I convinced myself I must have some sort of seroma so I finally got round to calling the hospital yesterday and got to see my surgeon today. Turns out I do have a seroma but nothing bad enough to need draining, thank goodness.

Then she dropped the bombshell that in her opinion, I should not be running or doing any exercise that involves 'jiggling' for another couple of months, because that's probably what has caused the severe level of trampoline tummy I have had permanently for the last week.

I'm afraid to say I actually had to hold back tears at this point. I adore running. It has made me happy to start again, albeit for shorter distances, and it helps keep me slim and sane, both things I struggle with in life.

But trying not to get too down about it. I will have to learn to stop stuffing my face, and to love cycling, and power walking, for a while at least. In a few months time, when my tummy is looking mighty fine, I'll be glad I did what I was told.

For the last 3 weeks I have been permanently...

For the last 3 weeks I have been permanently swollen, and it's really starting to mess with my head. It's uncomfortable and in clothes looks nearly as bad as it did before the tummy tuck. In fact, this week I have actually been regretting having the op for the first time. I've put on weight cos I've pretty much been banned by my surgeon from exercise, and keep eating cos I'm depressed.

It genuinely feels like it will never go down. Anyone else completely swollen week after week?