Restylane Was Well Worth It - Salisbury, MD

I am 31 years old and have had horrible hollows...

i am 31 years old and have had horrible hollows under my eyes ever since i can remember. of course since i'm not getting any younger they wern't getting any better plus in that certain horrific lighting i could see the hollows were very uneven, one side was worse, the other side went down further. I was scared to death of getting any type of injections because of the risks/side effects. well after several years of hearing "you look tired" "you look sick" "didn't you get any sleep?" etc. i finally decided to go for it last friday which was 3 days ago. now i understand everyone is different but wow, i had no bruising and no swelling that i could see. she injected it deep onto the bone. she used half a syringe. although i probably could've used more we both agreed to leave it as is for now and if i wanted in a couple weeks, she could add more. the hollows are no where near as pronounced as they were. i will definitely be doing this again but i'm hoping the results will last for a long time.

Wow wonderful results, gorgeous eyes too!
So much better!!! Are you still happy with your results? I'm wanting to get Restylane injections, but the nurse practitioner I trust to do the injections has only done them just below the skin...not deep onto the bone like yours. Wondering if I should keep looking for someone to do the injections that deep.

Wow! you look great I can definitely see the difference!

@PickettFences--I changed my profile photo to show the difference with Restylane. Unfortunately, I couldnt find a close up photo but it did work wonderfully. Just keep in mind that my bags didnt go away completely but for the most part, it looks a lot better.
Hi Rhon518, I was doing some research on getting Restylane injections and came across your post. You look awesome. But I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to get it done and since I live on Kent Island [about 50 min away from Salisbury}. I made an appoitment. They said its with Rebecca [ I cant remember her last name] for this Thursday and I'm so excited!! Thanks again for your post!
you're welcome. how did it go for you?
@ MsDevine19 please post pics! I'd love to see your before and afters. I'm considering this procedure. Your tear tr
ophs look similar to mine
@PickettFences-- I will definitely post some soon..
you look great. It really draws attention to your big beautiful eyes!
thank you!
Very nice improvement. I think your doctor was conservative wanting to give you an improvement in this area instead of overfilling you and making more money in one shot.
Unfortunately in my case, my hollows were not as severe as yours but the doctor recommended one restylane syringe per eye. The filler lumped on the side of the tear troughs and it is uneven making the tear troughs look deeper than before. This was suppose to be an expert in undereye restlylane and he charges top dollar for this technique. I was willing to pay twice as much for filler if his technique had given me a significant improvement. I should have tried his technique on one eye only. I was so convinced from his pictures and posts that he was an expert though and never thought I would be dealing with lumps and needing enzyme to dissolve the filler I paid so much for. I hope I can help someone think twice about paying twice to an expert who will overfill to charge more but may not really be concerned with the results you get. I really want to believe that he will try to correct this and give me a significant improvement but he may just try to charge me for more filler. I am happy to see your improvement and hope your big, pretty green eyes continue to look brighter.
thanks so much. i'm sorry that you had a bad experience :\ even though it went well for me the first time i am still scared to go a second time. afraid i may not be so lucky again. i still have some restylane left but i can tell its a lot less than when i first had it done however the hollows are still no where near as awful as they were. she said even though the restylane will eventually absorb, my hollows will never be as bad as they were before i had it done. i'm hoping that is true. anyway, how is everything with you now? did you get the problem fixed?
Hi deoressedmess-- they injected the needle in several places under the eye and kinda rt above the cheekbone. They had me I've like 3 minutes before and I iced for days after as well. The swelling went down after about 4-5 days thanks to the arnica cream and pills I took.. arnica helps with bruising and swelling. My bruise is officially gone after about 8 days.. I'm pretty much back to normal now. I was sooo worried also because I wasn't given any info at ALL. I had to research it myself and ask questions to verify if the inf
If the info. I read was correct. I would def recommend the arnica to expedite the healing :)
Hey rhon518 and Msdevine, can you explain how the injector injected the restylane? Like did he/she make a lot of injection points or did he/she move the needle around alot while in your skin? I'm starting to wonder if a certain method of injection is causing less bruising. Did they have you ice your face afterwards or some other method to reduce swelling?

I contacted a Medispa in upstate Delaware and they said that there WOULD be downtime with a restylane injection in the eye area. I thought the whole purpose of restylane was because there would be practically no downtime. To make things even more scary she said that the bruising could lasts days to weeks and the swelling would lasts a few days longer than the bruising. I don't know, that doesn't sound reassuring to me. :(
sorry, haven't been on in a while. she did a couple injections under each eye but she didn't move the needle around that i'm aware of. she did press on it and then stood back to examine it a few times throughout the procedure to make sure it was even. it is moldable i think up to a week after the injections. I guess the downtime depends on the person and how susceptible you are to bruising. who knows if I go back and do it again I may bruise as well. :/
Wow you look great! I didnt see how good it looked until I enlarged the photo. The doc is right, its always best to be a little conservative, see how much swelling and initial product absorption occurrs, then add more. yes it costs more but the result is always better. I really am encouraged to try this procedure when I can afford it. Thanks for a helpful post and images!
thanks! and you're welcome. if you decide to do it please post pics!
Finally got it done last week and although it was a scary experience, 4 days later, the swelling is gone and I have that extra boost of confidence I needed. I did swell up a lOt though and honestly, it scared me so much because one eye swell up to the point that I couldn't really see. I went back to the place and the staff said they had never seen anyone react that bad to it. Thankfully, everything is fine as of now. Still have a bruise under one eye.. Don't know if I could do it again. I think I will settle for a more permanent fix instead of having to do this every year.
@msdevine i had mixed feelings too. i contemplated it for over 2 years and finally did it. i work at a police dept as well and that was my main worry, something possibly going wrong and having to face the public. i'm still wondering if i'll have the nerve to go back and do it again when the time comes. @kaekae i went to dr. davis' office in salisbury md. dr davis doesn't do the injections a physicians assistant does. her name is rebecca ospital. here is the website http://robertjdavismd.com/
Hi im in the same area as you and you love to go to the same doctor what was his/her name?
Wow.. Nice to know there are several others around my age dealing with this same issue. I hate my eyes!!! My bags are herendouz. I have tried all the expensive eye creams advertised with no results. I had a consultation and I was given the option of having my own fat injected under my eyes or restylane.. Because I've never had this stuff done before, I figured I would try this first as. Temporary fix. I must say, I am getting mixed feelings about this thing. I will try anything to get rid of my bags but I work with the public at a police department so I don't want to have to face them with bruises on my face. any suggestions for
Anyone in the so cal area??
@ Msdevine19 you should use restyalne injected from a top plastic surgeon only.. u should find a facial plastic surgeon.. that's the kind of Dr i use..i had it twice once in 2010 and in Feb of this year... you should do it .. most likely you will love the results.. you may not bruise if you do use make up.. its so worth it trust me I have HORRIBLE circles so I know.
@ rhon518 yes …I did have the same injector both times.. the Dr. I go to is a Facial plastic Surgeon...... one of the best in Tampa where I’m from.. the first time.. he injected only in the tear trough area like under my eyes like in the corner only.. that was may 2010. But in a couple weeks ago. My under eyes were looking so bad dark circles .. hollows etc…I went in his office and insisted on more. He said that I still had some left in the tear trough area..from 2 years ago. So he only injected it under my eyes but more towards the center of under my eye and not in the tear trough area. i left his office and with a small bruise under my right eye area.. exactly where he injected it..I had ice on it the entire drive home and new ice packs when i got home ...the bruise was there for around 2 weeks and it was noticeable even with make up on.. it changed colors too... I didn’t have any initial swelling until over a week after . the bruise was still there it seemed like it was going away.. . I woke up one morning about 10 days after the injection and it looked like a little pillow under my eye.. .I got scared I was freaking out and praying that It would go away..I was scared that I caused this by sleeping on my side.. see I sleep on my right side and it was my right eye.. my eye had that pillow lump for over a week.. at one point I pressed lightly down on it.. I read that online..so everything is normal right now.. I do wake up scared and run to the mirror to see if everything's alright!
my injector was a physicians assistant who specializes in injections. i was a bit nervous since it wasn't a doctor but she did a good job. well i'll put it this way it's only been a couple weeks and so far so good. although it doesn't look as good now as the day i got it, i still see a difference. reading what you said i'm really scared about going back. yikes :/ did your dr. inject really deep? i notice my eyes still look worse in the morning but as the day goes on they seem better. i haven't noticed any lumps as of yet.
Hello All,
How long does these fillers last? How much does it cost? Which is the best clinic? When you say Bella is it Bella vista?

Waiting for your reply to make a move:-)
Thanks