6/18/13 *4 Unit Bridge Implant Installed* - Salisbury, MD

Greetings... 1st & foremost I would like to let...

Greetings... 1st & foremost I would like to let everyone know that I'm using a tiny smartphone for my review; I have big fingers, so this won't be a long one! :)
I started my recent implant journey for the 2nd time in my lifetime! I thought after my 1st experience that I would never entertain going through this process again !
About 8yrs ago I met a different dentist that specializes in Periodontics & Orthodontics when I moved to the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

He and his entire office staff have been outstanding. When we started the implant procedure; the doctor decided I needed bone grafts....

9 months later my NEW four unit bridge was installed ontop of 3 titanium posts .
Because I don't want to loose what I written this far I'm going to review add images and hopefully send. For me this is a real challenge.

in

never entertain going through this process again...

Additional Implant Added for More Support...

I went for a 2nd opinion to a dentist that specializes in Periodontiics & Othrodontics on the Lower Eastern Shore of Salisbury, Md. He extracted tooth #20 & did bone graphs; inserted 2 posts in areas #18 & 19...My implant journey begin on 10/18/2012. Everything went well after my Post OP appt: I asked my Dr more questions about adding an additional implant. Around February 2013; he advised & added another post for MORE stability... Because the 3rd titanium screw was installed behind the 1st two implants; I experienced more pain then the first surgery. Dr told me that the grafts took well and that my body was a good bone maker...
The healing time as a main consideration and the Dr's financial allowances I'm very glad we went forward for this part of the process.
It's been about 2 weeks now and all is well. I thank God for directing my path to my dentist facility back in 2005! I was told by another general dentist to go for a 2nd opinion back in 2012 regarding tooth #20; I knew who to call without hesitation because I believe Dr. Perim and his team is the TOP in my area!

Three Titanium Implants ...

Healed nicely just before the Dr installed the metal extendtions for the FOUR unit bridge...

Before Dental Work ...

Click on picture for more info.

Picture (REPOSTED) from Comment

Photo © 2013: by PC2 ¤ THREE metal extensions in place for the 4 unit bridge

Picture (REPOSTED) ...

From my FIRST comment. Please click on the image for more details. I'm still learning the format of this Website.

?Interesting read about ZIRCONIA BRIDGES

Interesting read about ZIRCONIA BRIDGES: My Dr advises for me after experiencing a chipped tooth off of my 4 unit bridge that was installed about 4 months ago. The Dr asks me if I'm a grinder and suggested that the ZIRCONIA material would ork better for my particular situation... Has anybody had this type of material used instead of the ceramic porcelain?

My doctor seems very sympathetic with my situation and he proposed to have a new bridge made out of this material...

IS YOUR DENTIST ALWAYS RIGHT?

Photos depicting my last office visit . .

During my last visit at the dentist on 10/15/2013. Dr. Perim told me he would make me another bridge out of Zirconium; he actually showed me the product on the Internet during my follow-up evaluation... He then said "you will now have 2, 4-unit bridges." However, he was completely wrong about the whiteness on the inside of my left cheek; stating it was because I was chewing on my cheek with my NEW 4-Unit bridge.
It has been 9 months now no more whiteness is on my cheeks because I stopped cooking with the new machine that I bought; which I mentioned in an earlier review.
Salisbury Cosmetic Dentist

After some time has now passed I see how this office operates and I'm not very happy. The last time I visited Dr. Perim's office was on Oct 15, 2013. for my newly installed "chipped 4 unit" bridge that was less than 3 months old! He knew from the very outset how much I opposed porcelain and he spoke of another product called Zirconia. I had asked him if he had an in-house lab; he said no. Then he said; he would make me a Zirconia bridge " then I would have 2". . . I felt that he gave me wrong information about something that was happening on that side of my left cheek! I know this to be true because it had not happened ever since I left his office on that date WITHOUT WEARING NIGHT GUARDS!! Doctor advised that I was chewing my cheeks... Which is not true! I bought a new cooking machine called the Big Boss Oil-Less Fryer. I was chewing on the left side and the food was TOO HOT which caused those white abrasions on my cheek. . . Doing that same office visit the doctor noticed I had a loose filling that he wanted to fix and never telling me the cost to fix it. I received a statement in the mail for an emergency service to fix and fill that tooth. I was truly surprised that his office charged an emergency fee since I was there getting that bridge fixed anyway. If that was the case; I could have made another appointment to have the tooth filled on another date. . .?

I'm 61 years old, I have only 4 teeth on top, missing 4 on the bottom. I also have diabetes. I never smile now, I don't go out in public unless I have to. I don't socialize with friends or family anymore. I use to smile and always socialized. I feel trapped living this life now. My financial situation is based on a limited income. What options do I have?
I have 6 teeth on bottom and 11 left on top. I will not laugh or smile anymore. I use to all the time. What is a course of treatment that you recommend. I know if it is dentures I don't care for those they slip and clanked while talking. And I would love to get a price quote. Thanks
You're welcome Rono22. Plz check ur private message and have a nice day!
Hi PC2. Thank you for sharing you experience. I am happy to know that someone had this procedure done and not encounter any problems after 9mo. I have read SO many bad reviews on the implants and the material used. I have an appointment for next month to see about getting 4 implants at Clear Choice but I am afraid now. It was reported that 57people had developed health problems from the titanium metal used. They reported symptoms of muscle ache, inflammation of the gums, tissue and joints, chronic fatigue, neurologic problems and cancer. I am confused. I thought titanium is bio-compatible. I read a article that titanium metal releases toxic ions in the body which can cause problems with the immune system. I was hoping you can help ease some of my fear. Have you had any problems thus far? Have you experienced any strange symptoms? I don't mean to sound crazy, just trying to gain as much info as possible.
You're welcome. Plz check ur private message and have a nice day! Blessings.
I thought implants were patented so I feel stuck with the two dentists that did the first surgery. At least that was what I was told when I went for a second opinion.
Hi Sandy Jean -- thanks for stopping and leaving ur comment. Plz check ur inbox for my reply. Have a nice day!
Thanks you share your stories with us
You're welcome... Thanks for stopping by to check out my experiences. Have a nice day!
Good review. I was looking for some Grand Junction implant dentistry and I'll try and find somewhere like this.
Thank you for your comment; I like to keep it SIMPLE and let the pictures tell the story. I hope that my comments gives you a better idea.
You're welcome. And, thank you for a community forum like this one; it's been a GREAT help this time around!! As can be seen with my 1st REVIEW; I had a time of editing from this tiny device! I hope others will understand and overlook my mistakes.

So glad you are enjoying the community - it is people like you who are willing to share their experiences that make it so helpful!

No worries about the mistakes. You have posted some really helpful info and great pictures that show the different phases. I think you did great!

Thank you so much for pushing through with the extra challenge of posting from a smartphone and getting your story on here to share with others. The pictures are great, especially the x-rays.