My Doctor Won't Help - Salisbury, MD

I am scheduled for implants this spring and I need...

I am scheduled for implants this spring and I need help choosing a size. My Dr has been highly reccomended, however wants the choosing of the size to left up to the patient. So I need some help!

I am 5'9'' and 127lbs. I want an implant that has projection, upper pole that is not obvious that I have implants. I am currently 32/33 b/c and the diameter of my right breast is 12.5cm and my left is 11.5cm. The nurses in the office say 400cc and I feel that is too big.

All of my friends got less than 300cc, but I know implants look different on everyone! I am so confused. I am leaning towards a 375cc silicone Allergan implant, put under the muscle with a inframammary incision...Is that too big?

Hey Cupcake10, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Did you reschedule your surgery? If so what size did you pick? I am debating about the same ccs.
Hey Cupcake, Did you ever reschedule? If so what size did you pick?
So what happened???
Have you gotten them scheduled yet or what?
No I actually had to cancel my appointment. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Then a 12 weeks later had a really bad miscarriage. Still recovering from that. I appreciate everyones comments and advice. My surgery just will be postponed for a while! Thank you so much for all of your help!!

I'm so sorry you went through this. Virtual hugs.

Yes, so very sorry to learn of your loss. Hope your health improves and you mend quickly. Virtual hugs, too!
I am truly sorry to hear about the miscarriage! =(
I had wondered why you had all of a sudden disappeared and thought I should check on you. I wish you the best, keep us posted. **hugs!**
Be careful about what choice you make now because you look beautiful as you are and the woman you are today, won't be the woman you are ten years from now. So, try and imagine who will this woman be; what will she want and will this choice be right for her. I wish you the best of luck........
they each 200 ccs gives you one cup size
I got 370cc saline & mine aren't too big at all! I know it depends on the person but I almost wish I would have went a little bigger! I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow.
if you liked the way 375 and 400 looked, then don't worry about what your friends got. Also, remember that if you are going subpectoral what looked good in the sizers will prob look a little smaller than those once done (according to other people's posts). I haven't had mine done yet (but soon!) So keep that in mind and don't worry about what your friends got. Everyone is different and they might've had more breast tissue beforehand.
Have you had your surgery yet?
You look so beautiful as you are!!!! I had 400 cc. I felt they were heavy on my chest and when I gained weight I looked matronly. I started out at 115 lbs 32 B/C but they were really sagging. I started getting sick from them and gained 40 lbs. The looked gross and hung to my elbows with no bra. I constantly tried to hide them. I went back to my doc to complain and he bailed! They were Wayyyyy too big and I was sooooo sick!!!! Then I got to the point where I couldn't function. It was horrible. Had to have them out. Not sure if the stress of surgery awakened some opportunistic infection, but when mine came out they had mold on the valves. This is supposedly common. I am allergic to it however and I remain sick after one year, but getting better. Do some research and get an allergy test to silicone, mold and other chemicals in them. They will have some bacteria and mold. It will save you a lot of heartache in the end. Not everyone gets sick, but if you do you are in for a long, lonely road because no one believes they can make you sick and docs don't know what to do with you. All the symptoms in women who did get sick appear to be the same. Your PS will bail on you, too! There are other ways to get natural larger, fuller breasts. Don't go too big unless you gain last in your chest. When you gain weight, they get bigger! Whatever you do, Good Luck!
Hi there! I went with 300cc and repeated to my surgeon I wanted a conservative look not crazy boobs everywhere in everyones face lol! Went to 4 dif Dr and one siad 400cc for me as well. Im a little smaller than u. Im only 5ft 4. You are tall so the 400 is probably good for you. I also had breast tissue before surgery.. wasnt completely flat. I love, love, love my end results. I hope you do as well. Good luck with everything :))
He does have sizers and I was torn between 375 and 400. Then I got scared when all of my friends were under 300. I am leaning towards the 375's, but I never thought of rice or water in bags to try at home!! Thanks guys!!

Have you tried on sizers in his office at least? Personally if my doctor wasn't even suggesting sizes I'd take that as a red flag. From everything I"ve read and experienced, a qualified surgeon will at least measure you and tell you what they think would look natural and fit your body. At the VERY least you should be able to try sizers in his office so you don't have to guess.

All that being said, since you already have a decent amount of breast tissue and based on your "dream boobs" photo, I'd stick around 375. I have 400s but had about half the natural tissue that you do. You are also skinnier which means the same size would look bigger on you than anyone (like myself) who carries a little extra weight.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Choosing a size is the worst part of the whole process. My PS told me what size I needed when I told him what I wanted. I've had 4 kiddos and was quite saggy and just wanted to fill up the volume that was lost. He told me 500cc's and I freaked out! It just feels like 300-400 are the normal. I didn't want to walk into a room and everybody be like hello boobies. Anyways, I'm 5'10 and have broad shoulders. My PS said that was the size that fit my chest and look the most proportional to my body. We went with high profile to give me more projection. I also had a few pictures to show him of what I hoped to look like. In the end I trusted my PS and I'm very happy. They are still a tad swollen, but once the swelling is gone and the babies drop they will be exactly what I wanted. I have to agree with Twins that you can't compare what other people have unless you are the same measurements. Good luck with sizing, I'd say you'd be happy with 400. You can always try it at home with the rice test or water in ziplock baggies.
You are similar build to me, also with asymmetry. My PS said stay with same size implants but I was picky about it, so probably more for my piece of mind he went with 325/350. Going by your photos, dimensions and ideal 'want' pic, I'd go with 375/400 to even it out. I don't think you'll find 400 too big at all.
When you view your own pics, you will see there are curvy arrows above the pics, click on those until they sit right. As to your size, my doc knew what size he wanted to go but didn't tell me until I had made my decision. I think they do that so they are not influencing the patient. Did you try on sizers? If so and you didn't take pics, make another appt just for sizing and take some pics, that way you an see the difference between 300 and 400. You also have to realize that every woman has a different amount of existing breast tissue, so if you are already a full B for instance, then you may only need 300cc. It also has a lot to do with height and bone structure, so don't compare others to you
Can't figure out how to flip the pics! I'm so sorry!