Breast Implants Are Deadly and Will Make You Very Ill...Please Do Not Get Them

I have been gravely ill because of implants. I got...

I have been gravely ill because of implants. I got implanted in september of 2006 with mentor saline implants. I am only 25. Three months after surgey i began to experience extreme fatigue weightloss, rashes, numbness and pain in my extremitys and dizziness. I have deloped mayn automimmune disorders, test postive for mold and lupus. Do your research please. Nothing foregin should go into the body. There are tons of chemicals in implants.

I had saline implants put in early 2010 and within 6 month started developing odd symptoms: Heat sensitivity, vertigo, feeling of unwellness. I was at very badly sick by September 2011. Dry eyes, dry throat:sgorgens syndrome. Nerve pain in my back daily. I use to cry daily from the pain. Extreme pain and was merely existing but not sure for how long. I started getting sharp nerve pain in the left side on my face, and my buttocks would be numb just laying in bed. My fingers would swell and hard to close or open a jar. I was losing my strength. My husband said maybe it was the implants. After studying saline implants and makeup I was desperate to get them out. I went back to the Dr. Who put them in and he removed them and said I should feel better in a year. GUESS WHAT. HE WAS RIGHT. THANK GOD. I believe I had a sensitivity reaction. And I can honestly say I am 90 percent better.
It's sad that almost all PS are brainwashed thinking implants do not contribute to serious illnesses. Total idiots! I suppose I was one two for thinking the same. I'm here detoxing with my implants still in, and I can't wait for my explant surgery so I can get these toxic sacks tested!
I believe you guys and I'm choosing not to do it.
I had mentor silicone implants placed in 2010 because of a birth defect I wanted to hide. The doctor said implants would be the safest way to do it so I did. Problem is, is that the doctor Stefan Craig decided to change the size of the implant while I was under anesthesia (more than likely because they didn't have C size implants available at the time) I came out with double DD implants and I was only 98 pounds! I was so angry I notified the state board of professional regulation. They said there was no wrong doing until I went to a complete different plastic surgeon in the area who a year later removed the implants and put much smaller ones in. He verified to the state board the size of the implants as well as the fact that they were not the brand of implants I was told were placed. Prior to having the implants I did almost 6 months research into plastic surgeons. No amount of research is enough and being a licensed plastic surgeon means absolutely nothing in America. A dentist can perform plastic surgery as long as he has had the certification courses. Plastic surgery in America is costly in more ways than one. After the implants were placed I developed a rash in the center of my upper back that has literally never went away. In 2012 I had them removed and new implants called Naturelle silicone filled were placed after they were replaced the rash disappeared for about a month but then it reappeared only worse. about 1.5 yrs later I have developed a general feeling of unwellness and severe fatigue and fogginess that never goes away. I even have periods where the fatigue is so bad that I physically crash at work and sometimes in my car at the end of the day. I have decided that the birth defect isn't so bad after all and plan on having the implants removed.
Once again, you have been very blessed that you have not had a problem yet, but that is not the case for MANY women. I know of a woman whose saline implant ruptured and OVERNIGHT she developed health problems.
Saline Breast implants made me VERY SICK TOO. And here I am 10 years later still trying to get out of this nightmare. I got saline implants at the age of 21 and within 6mths my health started to deteriorate. The first symptom was SEVERE insomnia, then constant bladder infections/rotten smelling urine, depression/anxiety, then ARTHRITIS in my neck that spread down my spine, constant eye/head pain and stiffness in all my muscles. PLEASE DO NOT GET SALINE OR SILICONE BREAST IMPLANTS. The saline ones also grow mold and bacteria in the water. Look it up people!! I know most girls want to be in denial, but when you lose your health, you realize how important it is and how having small boobs is NOTHING compared to this hell.
I was just diagnosed with Sjogren's and had no issues before implants. I have Saline but the diagnosis is strange because my blood work keeps changing. I have a positive ANA, brain fog, dryness in mouth and eyes, get sick with colds, rashes and other things more often. I want to get my implants taken out to see if I will feel better.
If anyone is out there that had autoimmune problems such as Raynauds with saline implants. I would like to know which type of explant they had & If the symptoms resolved + How long it took post explant. I am struggling with the type of explant to obtain since saline implants have less capsule which is thinner & more adherent. The bigger the surgery the greater the risk. Thank you in advance.
I wish other girls with Saline implants wouldn't try to discredit the ladies here who have systemic immune issues with theirs. I have 12 year old saline implants without systemic immune system problems - but that doesn't disprove that others can have a reaction. That is as silly as saying "I eat peanuts every day with no problems, so anyone who says they have a peanut allergy is lying". All of us with Saline implants have silicone shells in contact with our tissues. Those shells have hundreds of toxins in them - including solvents, heavy metals, and industrial chemicals. Some people are bound to have a *systemic* immune system reaction to them. All of us who have Capsular Contracture (which I do have) are having a localized immune system reaction to our implants! Of course some women are so sensitive to the implant shells and chemicals that they are having a systemic reaction. Point is, you implant that foreign object with hundreds of chemicals and YOU DON'T KNOW for sure if you will be non-reactive (which you hope), locally reactive (capsular contracture +/- 15% of us), or even have a systemic reaction.
You make your laughable remarks to people who are just trying to help someone else not make that same mistake. I too have RA, fibromyalgia and many other illnesses, though however the doc said they are saline but it is my belief and opinion that they are silicone. now for those who choose to mock just do as you please, there will be no,
"I told you so's."
We are not here to say everyone will experience problems but if there is even one person who can be saved the pain and suffering that we go through on a daily basis then it is well worth our time to write. If I had to do it over again I would definately pass.
If you decide to go through with it then do your homework, cross your T's and dot your I's, be sure you have a very reputable doctor and one that has done at least 6000 augmentations. I wish everyone the best of luck but more importantly the best of health.
Thank you everyone I had mine removed after being referred to a breast cancer surgeon who said they had to come out. They had been in my body collapsed for two years, after a fall. All I can tell you is the facts that my body produced more tumors/cysts in those two years than ever before. My health insurance paid for the removal which is not typical but the evidence was overwhelming that the implants had to be removed. I can't believe I had plastic in my body and that I did it for all the wrong reasons. But, it's about the women we are today because yesterday is gone and all we have is tomorrow.
Who was your Dr.? I would like to avoid him/her.
My story is similar to jrhae. Had and implant for 16 years. Developed Raynauds, Scleroderma, PBC. Had the implant removed 5 years ago and I'm about 90% better. Was told I had "atypical autoimmune problems." Fatigue has lifted, dry eyes & mouth is very much improved. At 10 years past implant I was still saying it was great. Well, not so great. I wish you luck!!!!!
I have a the same issues 30+ yrs with saline implants & I want an explant. I am looking for the right surgeon. Who did you use & did they do a capsulectomy? Did you have drains in after surgery? Do you still have the raynaud's? Did you take any detox? I am flipping out. Thanks for any info.
I used Dr. Melmed in Dallas, TX. He did not do a capsulectomy, but got as much as he could. I had drains for 24 hours after surgery. I still have Raynaud's. However, with implants, I would have up to 10 episodes a day. Now, I may have one or two a week. I did not detox, but changed to a plant based diet after explant.
I am new to this site & did not realize you answered me. Thanks!!! How long ago did you have your explant? And how quickly could you tell a difference? Do you know how long your surgery was? From my research removing all of the capsule can be very difficult with the saline implants b/c they are thinner & adherent to other structures. Which also makes for a longer, more invasive surgery =to greater risks. At some point benefits VS risks have to be considered. Were you pleased with Dr. Melmed? Thanks again!!
Hi! I used dr Melmed too :) did he say there was mold on your valves?
Hi! I used dr Melmed too :) did he say you had mold on your valves?
Are you still ANA positive? do you still have Scleroderma? I also have Raynauds and scleroderma. Getting saline implants out April11th. Praying I will get better.
This sounds phony - developed "many" autoimmune disorders? Please. These reactions are common to leaking silicone implants, not saline. I've had smooth round Mentors for 8 yrs with not a single problem. I would absolutely do it again.
I had saline implants for 11 years. I developed Raynaud's and Scleroderma (both autoimmune diseases). On the papers I had to sign before getting the implants, I had to check off where it says the implants MAY, but not likely, cause autoimmune diseases/disorders. That is wonderful you have not had a single problem with your implants. Consider yourself lucky. I have met hundreds of women who have had problems with saline implants. Some have become completely disabled. I had mine removed 6 months ago and mold was growing on the valve. I am so glad those things are out of me. Saline implants are not just saline. The shell contains silicone.
She's telling the truth--all implants have silicone shells, and the body can react to THAT silicone. My body did. No one is completely out of the woods, no matter how long you've had the implants. Your immune system can react at any time.
getting my saline filled implants out this month cannot wait!!!!!!!I have been sick since 1 year after having them put in 6 months ago left one ruptured after having a rash around it for months.personal doctor cannot wait for me to get them out and see if i feel better. he is not a plastic surgeon, just my internist, but he insists my body is in some type of rejection mode.constantly have low grade fever, chills, nausea, ibs., muscle pain weakness and peripheral neuropathy. if in fact these implants did this to me i only have myself to blame for not researching before having them put in and i do not mean the opinions of plastic surgeons. they are selling these--they are not going to tell you they are harmfull.
You shouldn't assume someone is lying. Some people have a susceptibility to auto immune disorders. Foreign object, illness, injury, and environmental exposure can trigger these diseases to strike. I would recommend that someone do a full family history of autoimmune illnesses before making the decision to get implants. Even then there is a risk. I guess that is the price we pay to be beautiful. Anyone undergoing a cosmetic procedure should weigh the risks to the benefits, and be completely prepared for all the risks! Its still surgery and all surgery has risks!
How are you now? Can you tell if the raynaud's has lessened? My story is the same as yours 30+yrs w saline. What surgeon did you use? And did you have a capsulectomy with drains?? This is where I am confused. It appears to be much more invasive surgery with the capsulectomy. But supposedly the capsule holds toxins??? Did you use any detox? Thanks