Breast Implants Are Deadly and Will Make You Very Ill...Please Do Not Get Them

I have been gravely ill because of implants. I got...

I have been gravely ill because of implants. I got implanted in september of 2006 with mentor saline implants. I am only 25. Three months after surgey i began to experience extreme fatigue weightloss, rashes, numbness and pain in my extremitys and dizziness. I have deloped mayn automimmune disorders, test postive for mold and lupus. Do your research please. Nothing foregin should go into the body. There are tons of chemicals in implants.

I'm sick one week after removing saline implants. Did anyone else get sick?
Please google susan kolb. Her book talks about detoxification after explant. Alot of information can be viewed on the internet without having to buy the book. Hhhhh it after reading you may want to buy it like I decided.
Typo:) give it some time I believe if you got the toxic bags out you will get better. I had them removed as alast chance and im 90percent better. I have my life back and I believe you will too. Good luck!
I had Mentor silicone breast implants placed in December of 2008 after double mastectomy for breast cancer. I lost a sister at age 28 of breast cancer; therefore, I opted for double mastectomy. When I had the conference with my plastic surgeon regarding reconstruction, he suggested silicone rather than the saline implants that my husband and I had decided on. In December of 2012, after having moved to North Carolina, I was preparing for my checkup with my oncologist when I discovered a lump under the right arm; the cancer had been in the left breast. Fearing the return of cancer, my oncologist referred me for ultrasound-guided needle biopsy. During the biopsy, while talking to the performing doctor, he stated that he could tell me what the pathology was without even sending it out. He stated that it was silicone. I was scheduled for explant surgery in March of 2013. It was discovered that the left implant had a large, gaping tear in the lower right side. The silicone did not stay in place as we were told but was actually oozing out. I went immediately upon recovery and retrieved the implants from the hospital where the surgery took place. I have them in separate sterile covered containers. The unbroken one still looks the same as when it was shown to me in the doctor's office. However, the broken one has brown-grayish, nasty smelling, sticky-gooey looking material in the bottom of the container. I have been suffering severe worsening arthritis, severe fibromyalgia, worsening restless leg syndrome, disequilibrium, severe fatigue, worsening depression, anxiety disorder, worsening short-term memory loss, repeated frequent significant falls, loss of strength, visual problems, etc. The list just goes on and on. My plastic surgeon as well as my oncologist tell me that they do not know what to do with me. They have never seen this happen to anyone and do not know how to treat me. I have repeatedly tried to find an attorney to help me, as after the cancer the group of doctors that I had been working for fired me, or as they said "no longer needed my services." Things just snowballed from there until we lost our home and had to move to North Carolina to live with our daughter until we could get on our feet. That was the worst 10 months of my life. Not only was my health worsening, the depression was so severe I could barely stand it. My arthritis has worsened so quickly in my hands that I now have difficulty with fine motor skills. I was a medical transcriptionist for many years, but as I type this I find myself hitting the backspace button quite often. I also have to stop sometimes and think about a word or phrase that I have used many times but can not immediately recall. I am just at my wit's end and have no clue where to go from here. If this stops just one woman or one young girl from having these time bombs placed inside their body, then this was all worth it. Just please, I beg you, please, do not do it under any circumstances. It is not worth it. I now have nothing at all. That's not quite true, I have many, many scars. Just remember, if you have these implants placed, plan on having repeated surgeries in the future. That is a guarantee. Take my word for it. Thank you all for listening.
I am so sorry for all of the pain and suffering you have endured. I just had my 17 year old saline implants removed because I have developed a serious autoimmune disease and I hated wondering if it was caused by the implants. I'll pray for your recovery.
I had saline implants put in early 2010 and within 6 month started developing odd symptoms: Heat sensitivity, vertigo, feeling of unwellness. I was at very badly sick by September 2011. Dry eyes, dry throat:sgorgens syndrome. Nerve pain in my back daily. I use to cry daily from the pain. Extreme pain and was merely existing but not sure for how long. I started getting sharp nerve pain in the left side on my face, and my buttocks would be numb just laying in bed. My fingers would swell and hard to close or open a jar. I was losing my strength. My husband said maybe it was the implants. After studying saline implants and makeup I was desperate to get them out. I went back to the Dr. Who put them in and he removed them and said I should feel better in a year. GUESS WHAT. HE WAS RIGHT. THANK GOD. I believe I had a sensitivity reaction. And I can honestly say I am 90 percent better.
Did it take a year for you to feel better ? Did you feel worse at first after explant?
Within weeks some of my symptoms were gone. And with physical therapy and deep tissue message my severe nerve pain in my back was almost gone in 3 months. Pretty much my life was improving ...every month a lil at a time. 9O percent better in a year. No I didnt feel worse after explant.
I had the saline implants put in 2/2010 and explanted 1/2013.
It's sad that almost all PS are brainwashed thinking implants do not contribute to serious illnesses. Total idiots! I suppose I was one two for thinking the same. I'm here detoxing with my implants still in, and I can't wait for my explant surgery so I can get these toxic sacks tested!
It's the MONEY. They are aware. My PS asked me about my symptoms and recommended me to get a lift in a year , that I should feel better then.
I believe you guys and I'm choosing not to do it.
I had mentor silicone implants placed in 2010 because of a birth defect I wanted to hide. The doctor said implants would be the safest way to do it so I did. Problem is, is that the doctor Stefan Craig decided to change the size of the implant while I was under anesthesia (more than likely because they didn't have C size implants available at the time) I came out with double DD implants and I was only 98 pounds! I was so angry I notified the state board of professional regulation. They said there was no wrong doing until I went to a complete different plastic surgeon in the area who a year later removed the implants and put much smaller ones in. He verified to the state board the size of the implants as well as the fact that they were not the brand of implants I was told were placed. Prior to having the implants I did almost 6 months research into plastic surgeons. No amount of research is enough and being a licensed plastic surgeon means absolutely nothing in America. A dentist can perform plastic surgery as long as he has had the certification courses. Plastic surgery in America is costly in more ways than one. After the implants were placed I developed a rash in the center of my upper back that has literally never went away. In 2012 I had them removed and new implants called Naturelle silicone filled were placed after they were replaced the rash disappeared for about a month but then it reappeared only worse. about 1.5 yrs later I have developed a general feeling of unwellness and severe fatigue and fogginess that never goes away. I even have periods where the fatigue is so bad that I physically crash at work and sometimes in my car at the end of the day. I have decided that the birth defect isn't so bad after all and plan on having the implants removed.
Once again, you have been very blessed that you have not had a problem yet, but that is not the case for MANY women. I know of a woman whose saline implant ruptured and OVERNIGHT she developed health problems.
Saline Breast implants made me VERY SICK TOO. And here I am 10 years later still trying to get out of this nightmare. I got saline implants at the age of 21 and within 6mths my health started to deteriorate. The first symptom was SEVERE insomnia, then constant bladder infections/rotten smelling urine, depression/anxiety, then ARTHRITIS in my neck that spread down my spine, constant eye/head pain and stiffness in all my muscles. PLEASE DO NOT GET SALINE OR SILICONE BREAST IMPLANTS. The saline ones also grow mold and bacteria in the water. Look it up people!! I know most girls want to be in denial, but when you lose your health, you realize how important it is and how having small boobs is NOTHING compared to this hell.
AGREED!
I was just diagnosed with Sjogren's and had no issues before implants. I have Saline but the diagnosis is strange because my blood work keeps changing. I have a positive ANA, brain fog, dryness in mouth and eyes, get sick with colds, rashes and other things more often. I want to get my implants taken out to see if I will feel better.
I had saline implants put in in 2010 and within 6 months had a variety of weird symptoms. I honestly believe I was allergic to all the makeup of the implants. January 31,2013 I had my explant and today I am 90 percent better. I will always remember to this day what it felt like to be so ill feeling that I thought I was going to die soon and I was okay with it because I felt so ill. Today I am almost back to where I was before implants.
If anyone is out there that had autoimmune problems such as Raynauds with saline implants. I would like to know which type of explant they had & If the symptoms resolved + How long it took post explant. I am struggling with the type of explant to obtain since saline implants have less capsule which is thinner & more adherent. The bigger the surgery the greater the risk. Thank you in advance.
I wish other girls with Saline implants wouldn't try to discredit the ladies here who have systemic immune issues with theirs. I have 12 year old saline implants without systemic immune system problems - but that doesn't disprove that others can have a reaction. That is as silly as saying "I eat peanuts every day with no problems, so anyone who says they have a peanut allergy is lying". All of us with Saline implants have silicone shells in contact with our tissues. Those shells have hundreds of toxins in them - including solvents, heavy metals, and industrial chemicals. Some people are bound to have a *systemic* immune system reaction to them. All of us who have Capsular Contracture (which I do have) are having a localized immune system reaction to our implants! Of course some women are so sensitive to the implant shells and chemicals that they are having a systemic reaction. Point is, you implant that foreign object with hundreds of chemicals and YOU DON'T KNOW for sure if you will be non-reactive (which you hope), locally reactive (capsular contracture +/- 15% of us), or even have a systemic reaction.
You make your laughable remarks to people who are just trying to help someone else not make that same mistake. I too have RA, fibromyalgia and many other illnesses, though however the doc said they are saline but it is my belief and opinion that they are silicone. now for those who choose to mock just do as you please, there will be no,
"I told you so's."
We are not here to say everyone will experience problems but if there is even one person who can be saved the pain and suffering that we go through on a daily basis then it is well worth our time to write. If I had to do it over again I would definately pass.
If you decide to go through with it then do your homework, cross your T's and dot your I's, be sure you have a very reputable doctor and one that has done at least 6000 augmentations. I wish everyone the best of luck but more importantly the best of health.
Thank you everyone I had mine removed after being referred to a breast cancer surgeon who said they had to come out. They had been in my body collapsed for two years, after a fall. All I can tell you is the facts that my body produced more tumors/cysts in those two years than ever before. My health insurance paid for the removal which is not typical but the evidence was overwhelming that the implants had to be removed. I can't believe I had plastic in my body and that I did it for all the wrong reasons. But, it's about the women we are today because yesterday is gone and all we have is tomorrow.
Who was your Dr.? I would like to avoid him/her.
My story is similar to jrhae. Had and implant for 16 years. Developed Raynauds, Scleroderma, PBC. Had the implant removed 5 years ago and I'm about 90% better. Was told I had "atypical autoimmune problems." Fatigue has lifted, dry eyes & mouth is very much improved. At 10 years past implant I was still saying it was great. Well, not so great. I wish you luck!!!!!
I have a the same issues 30+ yrs with saline implants & I want an explant. I am looking for the right surgeon. Who did you use & did they do a capsulectomy? Did you have drains in after surgery? Do you still have the raynaud's? Did you take any detox? I am flipping out. Thanks for any info.