34 Year-old, No Kids, Workout Like Crazy, and It Won't Go Away! Saint Louis, MO

Smart lipo of the full abdomen and flanks is...

Smart lipo of the full abdomen and flanks is happening in 3 days! I will post before pictures soon, as I am so hopeful that I will have the results I am looking for! I am an RN who has been on multiple consultations (5-6?) before deciding to go with this team of folks, so far they have been great! I hope I can wait 2 weeks before heading back to the gym!

Before photos...

T-24 hours

I saw Dr. Caplin yesterday for some last minute questions, and I can not express how sweet and considerate he and his staff are...anyone who reads this (even though I haven't had the procedure yet) PLEASE do multiple consultations! The range of plastic surgeons I saw made me feel anywhere from creeped-out-uncomfortable-I-need-to-get-out-of-here-and-your-assistant-looks-like-she-feels-the-same-way, to OK, I trust this guy to poke holes all over my body and suck fat out with a small stick while I'm awake (even though I'm kind of a hippie-dippie and TEND to do things au naturel). I REALLY want to list the creepy doctors name (I really think he was on narcotics for my consultation, his pupils were pinpoint and as a nurse [who's heard a lot], I've never heard/experienced a doctor say "um, um" "you have really nice, um, skin" "I'm gonna do this ultrasound of your fat even though I can't tell from the ultrasound what is fat and what is muscle" WTF?), but I won't, that wouldn't be nice.

So, now I am contemplating if I can binge eat...Mexican and Margaritas for lunch? I think of it like this: I eat very well and work out work out work out, and the first place I lose (and gain) is my midsection; so, if I max out eating today, then my fat cells will be nice and plump tomorrow and easier to remove - I'm a nurse, not a plastic surgeon - makes sense, right? ;)

I am a little concerned about the scars from the incisions. I promised Dr. Caplin that I would stay out of the sun for, gulp, a couple months, so that I won't hyperpigment...but I'm vain and worried that once my six pack starts to show up those little dots will too...#smartlipoproblems.

Until tomorrow!

phase 1

Backside is done, front side just got numbed up, so far so good. NO PAIN

I'll add more photos when appropriate, but for now I see a nap in my future :) Dr Caplin and Tammy are great!

Two days post after...

Well, my procedure was Thursday and today is Saturday...my pain is MUCH better but I am itching like crazy! As expected I am very swollen and have had a couple bouts of nausea, but overall I am OK. I have been going and going the last day and a half, and I think it has caught up with me...today I am resting and tomorrow will be a better day! Some after photos from the day after, and I will add more in a week!

8 days post-op

I'm feeling pretty good, I really really wanna to go the gym but am patiently waiting 6 more days (I did go out and push mow the lawn on day 3). I'm not really having any pain, just some pinches around the incisions when I pull one way too much. I feel better about the wounds healing without scarring and am super ready for this swelling to go away, had my first lymph massage today which hopefully will help. I will post some more photos in a bit!

Almost 1 month post-op

So...I have to admit, I haven't been wearing my compression garment. It's just too damn hot and wasn't visibly changing anything, so I stopped wearing it after 2 weeks. When I was in San Diego, I wore SPF 75 with my one piece covering, so even though I did get a LITTLE sun on my belly I don't think I'm at risk for hypopigmentation - worse than hyperpigmentation. Here's a couple pictures, I see my plastic surgeon on week 6 and will post more pic's then!
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

So far, so good! I will update ASAP. Dr. Caplin was very "locked in" on his work, but constantly was asking if I was OK, which of course I was. I was on my belly for the first half and then my back for the second half, and honestly, the worst part of the entire procedure was holding my hands on my breasts without moving while he finished up my belly...my hands got numb and I was ready to move! I have a scar through my belly tattoo which left an indentation, and Dr. Caplin worked extra hard to break up the scar tissue under the scarred part of the tattoo, which was sore, but now I can definitely tell that there is less of a divot there. Two days later I am VERY satisfied with my results and cannot wait to see what each day brings!