34 Year-old, No Kids, Workout Like Crazy, and It Won't Go Away! Saint Louis, MO

Smart lipo of the full abdomen and flanks is...

Smart lipo of the full abdomen and flanks is happening in 3 days! I will post before pictures soon, as I am so hopeful that I will have the results I am looking for! I am an RN who has been on multiple consultations (5-6?) before deciding to go with this team of folks, so far they have been great! I hope I can wait 2 weeks before heading back to the gym!

Before photos...

OMG, is it tomorrow already?!  Good luck, and we'll see you on the other side! :D
It bod Looks like it should have amazing results. Good luck.
hope you are doing well...let us know how your recovery is going....xo

T-24 hours

I saw Dr. Caplin yesterday for some last minute questions, and I can not express how sweet and considerate he and his staff are...anyone who reads this (even though I haven't had the procedure yet) PLEASE do multiple consultations! The range of plastic surgeons I saw made me feel anywhere from creeped-out-uncomfortable-I-need-to-get-out-of-here-and-your-assistant-looks-like-she-feels-the-same-way, to OK, I trust this guy to poke holes all over my body and suck fat out with a small stick while I'm awake (even though I'm kind of a hippie-dippie and TEND to do things au naturel). I REALLY want to list the creepy doctors name (I really think he was on narcotics for my consultation, his pupils were pinpoint and as a nurse [who's heard a lot], I've never heard/experienced a doctor say "um, um" "you have really nice, um, skin" "I'm gonna do this ultrasound of your fat even though I can't tell from the ultrasound what is fat and what is muscle" WTF?), but I won't, that wouldn't be nice.

So, now I am contemplating if I can binge eat...Mexican and Margaritas for lunch? I think of it like this: I eat very well and work out work out work out, and the first place I lose (and gain) is my midsection; so, if I max out eating today, then my fat cells will be nice and plump tomorrow and easier to remove - I'm a nurse, not a plastic surgeon - makes sense, right? ;)

I am a little concerned about the scars from the incisions. I promised Dr. Caplin that I would stay out of the sun for, gulp, a couple months, so that I won't hyperpigment...but I'm vain and worried that once my six pack starts to show up those little dots will too...#smartlipoproblems.

Until tomorrow!
Was the doctor you found…lacking? I guess…board-certified and in good standing?  Not that you have time to answer now, since your surgery is tomorrow(!!) but when you get a chance, very interested.
He was a medical doctor, but not a board certified plastic surgeon. Although he didn't do anything during the consultation that was grounds for licencing review, he was not professional, knowledgeable, or seemingly capable of performing safe Lipo on me...Dr. Thomas Wright was his name...Laser Lipo and vein.
Okay--good to know he wasn't board certified.  Here on RealSelf we definitely stress the importance of board certification.

Congratulations!  And I can't believe you're updating during your procedure.  Talk about dedication!!! LOL!  Hope the pain doesn't get too rough for you in the next couple of days!  We look forward to your post-op update :D.

phase 1

Backside is done, front side just got numbed up, so far so good. NO PAIN

I'll add more photos when appropriate, but for now I see a nap in my future :) Dr Caplin and Tammy are great!

Two days post after...

Well, my procedure was Thursday and today is Saturday...my pain is MUCH better but I am itching like crazy! As expected I am very swollen and have had a couple bouts of nausea, but overall I am OK. I have been going and going the last day and a half, and I think it has caught up with me...today I am resting and tomorrow will be a better day! Some after photos from the day after, and I will add more in a week!
I agree with ColoradoMaiden.  You are already looking great, especially before the swelling set in for real in the last pic.  Happy healing!  I look forward to seeing your progress!  Are you in your compression garment yet?
Compression garment 22/7 :) I take breaks as I think it's so tight that it makes me nauseous :/
Oy :(.  I hope that gets better soon!!!  I hope that garment is the right size for you--but I suppose the doctor sized it for you :).

8 days post-op

I'm feeling pretty good, I really really wanna to go the gym but am patiently waiting 6 more days (I did go out and push mow the lawn on day 3). I'm not really having any pain, just some pinches around the incisions when I pull one way too much. I feel better about the wounds healing without scarring and am super ready for this swelling to go away, had my first lymph massage today which hopefully will help. I will post some more photos in a bit!
How did you feel after mowing the lawn???
Totally fine, just didn't like feeling abnormally winded, but I wore the garment so it worked out OK. I'm going to San Diego in 2 days so I'm going to have to resist the urge to wear a 2-pc!
Totally :).  You can also put sunscreen under your suit.  In some ways getting a TT is easier that way, because you don't naturally want to show that scar, so you cover it.  Whereas the tiny teeny holes you get with Smart Lipo are so innocuous it's easy to not worry about them.  I've heard that clothes aren't generally as sun-proof as we think, especially bathing suits.  Has your doctor mentioned anything about how careful you actually have to be about the whole avoiding the sun thing?

Almost 1 month post-op

So...I have to admit, I haven't been wearing my compression garment. It's just too damn hot and wasn't visibly changing anything, so I stopped wearing it after 2 weeks. When I was in San Diego, I wore SPF 75 with my one piece covering, so even though I did get a LITTLE sun on my belly I don't think I'm at risk for hypopigmentation - worse than hyperpigmentation. Here's a couple pictures, I see my plastic surgeon on week 6 and will post more pic's then!
Congrats! Happy healing. I look forward to you updates. :)
How r u doing? Great?
Thanks for sharing your review! Amazing results!
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

So far, so good! I will update ASAP. Dr. Caplin was very "locked in" on his work, but constantly was asking if I was OK, which of course I was. I was on my belly for the first half and then my back for the second half, and honestly, the worst part of the entire procedure was holding my hands on my breasts without moving while he finished up my belly...my hands got numb and I was ready to move! I have a scar through my belly tattoo which left an indentation, and Dr. Caplin worked extra hard to break up the scar tissue under the scarred part of the tattoo, which was sore, but now I can definitely tell that there is less of a divot there. Two days later I am VERY satisfied with my results and cannot wait to see what each day brings!