Rhinoplasty & Neck Lift - Saint Louis, MO

Hello, I have been wanting Rhinoplasty since about...

Hello,
I have been wanting Rhinoplasty since about 17 yrs old. Now that I am older my neck area needs help as well. A double chin runs in my family and lucky for me Lol mine is the worse. I have always dreamed of having Rhino surgery but never thought it would be possible to have. I am now in the process of scheduling my surgery. Have sent the facility my deposit for a surgery date now just need for them to call me with the actual date available.

I'm finally doing it!!!

Just made my surgery date today for September 16, 2014. Nervous, scared and excited all in one!!

I scheduled time off from work!!

Hello, I made arrangements at work to be off for a month during my recovery process. Hope that is enough time to recover fully. Is anyone else on here having your surgery around Sept 16th? Would be good to chat. You can private email me if you wish.

Here are some pictures of my neck & nose

As you can see I have a turkey neck and I'm only 41 but have always had a problem with a double chin. Also you can see the hump on my nose. So hopefully in Sept I can have both of these corrected.

What do I need

Do I just need the hump removed or do you think I should have my tip made smaller as well? The tip doesn't really bother me to much but it does stick out from my face. Please let me know what you think?

Yikes!!!

It's already August time is flying by, before I know it it will be September and surgery time! My hubby says I have a cute nose and he doesn't think I need surgery. Need to get my blood work and EKG done soon.

Me from front. Sorry this is a picture

Pre op

My Pre op appt is Sept 3rd. Time seems to be flying by!! Won't be long and the day will be here.

Also....

I was called by Dr Nayak office yesterday and they told me my surgery on Sept 16th was now scheduled for 6:15 am not 7:15 am so now an hour earlier.

5 weeks to go

Ok so I have about 5 weeks left before my surgery! I am getting very nervous and wondering if I can do this! I know it is just nerves but this is huge stuff to go through. I am very nervous about the anesthesia because it takes me awhile to wake up. Anybody have any suggestions to calm my fears? Anything I should ask the Dr.

So had blood work done!

So I had my blood work done on Saturday Aug 9th and now I have a huge bruise on my inner elbow. So I am wondering if I bruise this bad with blood work how bad am I going to bruise when I have my nose and neck lift done.

Not to long now!!

13 days until my pre-op and 26 days until my surgeries. Wow time is flying by! Be glad when this is over and can recover and go back to work.

3 more days until my pre op

Only three more days until my pre op. My husband says I don't need surgery and wants to know if I can go ahead and cancel the appt. I told him I don't want to cancel it. A friend of my says I'm wanting to look better to others. In away yes but it is also bout feeling better about my self. She keeps telling me "I hope you don't regret what you are doing". She is making me nervous about this procedure. I don't need to be stressed out more than I am. I just want this done and over with so I can heal and recover and get it behind me. I am sure she will be more freaked out when I tell her I plan to do more surgeries later on lol!! In a year or so I hope to have lower eyelid surgery to get ride of my dark circles and an brow lift to get rid of my hooded upper lids.

Yesterday was Pre op day

So I went to my 2 week pre op appt yesterday! Gave them the rest of the money I owed. Had a simulated nose picture made. I had to ask for one to be made so that was kind of disappointing, thought he would have done that automatically. He told me he would remove the hump, decrease the width of my nostrils and widen the nose some as the right side is dented in a little. So my nose wide be slightly wider than what it is now.
Well hope everything goes ok since I have been hearing lately is how people have went in for routine procedures and have had major complications and even died. Hear a lot on the news about these things happening. Just be glad when the day is here and over with.
Got all but one of my meds today. Need to shop for food and other supplies. I have to stay in a hotel the night before since it is about 3.5 hours from my home then have to stay the night of surgery because I have to go back the next morning for a check up then i can come home. Twelve more day then it is my turn. Ugh!!

Shopping

Just got home from shopping for my nose procedure. Bought a lot of soft foods to eat so my husband won't have to cook to much while I'm recovering from nose and neck surgery. Still have a few more things to pick up but bought most of it today. Just 10 days left until its my turn. Only have 5 days of work left then I'm off work. Sept 12th is my last day to work. I'm sure this week will either drag by or fly by but not sure which it will be.

Ok...

Ok so I think my face knows something is coming up soon because it is starting to break out the week before my big day!! One zit on the chin. Hopefully I can get rid of it before the big day haha!! Next Tuesday it is!!

One week to go!!

One week to go until the big day!! Not sure how I feel!! Just want it over with so I can come home and recover at home. Still a few things to pick up before next Tuesday. Bought ice cream because I was told to eat a wet diet but think I need to buy more because I have already started eating it all lol!! Should have waited until Sunday I guess. Hope I can lose some weight with this nose surgery. A few pounds would be great!!
Well as I mentioned before I have a zit on my chin and I guess my forehead decided it felt left out because it now has bumps on it as well HaHa!!

4 days left

Ok so I only have 4 more days until my surgery! Not sure how I feel. Kind of excited but more nervous. Just been wondering about the recovery process. I know this weekend will go by fast. Before I know it it will be Monday and me and hubby will be headed to St. Louis. Hope I get a hotel room where a lot of people won't have to see me coming and going after surgery. Wow how time has flown by!!

OK Ladies Need a question Answered!

Ok so like a lot of you on here when you went to have your surgery you were menstruating so what did you do? Did you tell the staff? What did they say for you to do? Because I am having mine as well. Not sure as to what I should do?
Any information would be helpful!!
Thanks!

were here

In hotel room in st louis. Starting to feel nervous. Won't be much longer. 11 hours to go.

It's finished

Back at hotel. Neck hurts. Glad it's over. More later.

Finally Home

So were finally home. In some pain but not a lot. Glad that is over with. Dr seemed really pleased with his work. Have two big drain in place. Got in the tub and got my nose wet a little bit hope that doesn't hurt any thing. Sorry don't have glasses on so hope this isn't to hard to understand. Will try to upload pictures.

Hello

Just an update. Sorry I haven't been on here much, haven't felt very well since surgery. Nose not bothering me much just the neck area is. Neck is very tight and the drains are very long and pull on my skin and stitches. Also have been lightheaded when standing up so can't stand up for long periods of time. Been mostly just taking it easy. Get my drains, stitches and nose cast removed Monday can't wait for this. I'm sure the drains will hurt coming out but it will be a relief once they are gone.

Ok finally some post op day 7 pictures

Hello, here are some pictures I took today on the way home from St. Louis. They are not the best pictures but you can get an idea of the change in my profile. I still have a lot of yellow bruising below my eyes and neck area. There was a few stitches that hurt a lot being removed but that part wasn't too bad. Don't know how many stitches the Dr put in there but it sure took a long time for the assistants to get them out. The drains were very weird having them removed. As they were being pulled out I could feel the drains moving underneath my skin and it was very strange and hurt like the dickens, luckily it was over in a few seconds. Nose cast removal wasn't that bad at all, just some pressure mostly. The whole experience with stitch removal, drains, nose cast, a lady applying make up and picture taking took 2 hours. My hair was a mess after all the fuss so I still looked like an orphan after it was all over but hey the make up was a nice treat and I got to keep it as well. So go back to the Dr on Oct 1st. Still not feeling 100% yet but getting better everyday.

15 days post op

Hi all went back to the Dr yesterday. He said I was healing beyond what is expected at this point. He was very pleased with my recovery process. Had just a few stitches removed but other than that the appointment consist of taking more updated photos. I have another follow up appointment Dec 10th. Here are some updated photos I took today.

Hello!! It's been 1 month and 3 days since rhino & neck lift

Wow time has flown by! Can't believe it's been a month. Tomorrow is my second week back to work and so far no one has said a thing about my nose and neck. So I would like to ask a question; is anyone still having nose bleeding this far out in their rhino surgery. I am having a small amount of bleeding at the inside tip of my nose on both sides. Posting some update photos!!
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon