Mommy Makeover Done- Saint Louis, MO

I'm the mother of 4 children, my last being twins...

I'm the mother of 4 children, my last being twins that I carried fullterm making my belly 50" round. My post baby weight is now 105#. When I was very young I had saline implants after having my first 2 children. I thought they were put under my muscle, well, they weren't. They were pretty old anyway. My PS was wonderful about advising me what would be the best end results with them. He ruptured them for me (just a simple pin prick) which is giving my skin a chance to shrink up and not be stretched so thin when I go in for surgery (I have naturally thin skin already).

So, I'm having them replaced with silicone and a BL. A smaller size will fit my frame better and my husband will be so much happier with that silicone! I'm excitd and terrified for the TT, just like everyone else. I've coped with 2 C-Sections before, but I do fear this is going to be more difficult. I also have twins to come home and take care of! I do have help the first week. I don't know how to explain to the kids they can't climb and jump on me without them either taking it personal or being terrified of Mommy's 'boo boos'...

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! Perhaps you could just say that you're having reconstructive surgery and that you need to heal and rest for a while before you can get back to rougher play...

Please keep us posted.

I did my 1st shopping excursion to prepare for my...

I did my 1st shopping excursion to prepare for my MM. It wasn't much, just looking for a shirt that opens in the front. You would think it would be an easy find, but you know the saying 'you never find what you're looking for'. The best I could do was a zip up hoodie or an expensive old woman looking shirt with 3/4 sleeves....I would rather wear a hoodie as a shirt. I will have to try again, I came home with nothing since I already have zip-up hoodies in my closet. I was hoping for something more summer-like. It's been in the 90's here and my date is approaching in 3 more weeks. I don't think it will be sweatshirt weather yet. I will gladly wear housecoats/pjs/anything while at home, but especially need a pretty to wear for my ride home :)
Maybe next week I will get to break away and try a couple other stores. Plus, I do need to pick up the much needed items on the checklist for post surgery. I am the forever procrastinator. I don't want to be running out at midnight the night before my surgery like I'm on a treasure hunt checking off things on this list. That is sooo me. I promise I will not do that.....I promise I will not do that...
I had a hard time finding a button up shirt also! I finally settled on a zip up hoodie but I live in California and it is going to be in the nineties that day. At least I'm always cold. I saw some pretty cute flannel shirts out now but that is just as warm I figure.
I do feel lucky for staying overnight my first night. I have a very weak stomach and that first 24hrs worried me. My husband tries so hard, but he just doesn't have that caregiver quality built into him. The hospital stay was actually a reasonable cost, I was shocked. I expected it to be pricey. It will be well worth it.
You are so lucky to be getting a drainless TT, I have heard such good things about that!
I am also a stay-at-home-mom! I worked before the twins, but chose to stay home until they leave me home alone too long ;)
The nurses that put those IVs in for you put so many in, they'll be done before you know it. Then your surgery will be done before you know it and all you will have to worry about is keeping the kids climbing on your husband only and getting yourself better!

I've started my overnight bag/case for my surgery....

I've started my overnight bag/case for my surgery. I've settled on a zip up hoodie and tie sweats to wear home. Haven't bought the granny panties yet. There are salt-free saltines for car ride home and my Imitrex shots just in case I were to get a migraine (I take no chances with my migraines, EVER). So far that's it, but I figure that's some good packing for me.
I was wondering about the potty-riser chair. I'm not sure if I should get one....I know everyone on here calls them a must have, but what if your short? I'm 5foot, that toilet's not too far away from me as it is. Would the riser make me have to climb up to get on it I have to wonder.....
I did buy my husband a new rain shower head with a handheld to it so that I can sit in his shower stall. I figured I'd rather spend my money on that than a stool for my bathtub that I will only use for a week or 2. He was happy with that!
I'm almost at my 2 weeks pre-surgery date. I'm not too nervous yet. Life is just too busy with routine to give too much thought to it. My quiet time comes when getting ready for bed. Then is when I see my ruptured implants, so, that gives me more of a determination/excitement to get this surgery done....not a fear as much setting in over it as much right now. There is more fear leaving my twins for the 2 days time. I hate that.
not long until your surgery!!!!! How are you feeling? I have a real sense of peace now, not really nervous at all. Excited to see how I turn out!
Ouch Yell326, I just read your 1st week update. No pain pump? You've had a rough week. I think I will be thankful for my comfy recliner too! My bed is actually belly button high on me...I might not be crawling in it for awhile :(
I hope you get to feeling better real soon! One week down for you though, that's great! Are you standing straighter?
I am 1week post-op & didn't think the toilet seat riser was a must. I am very thankful for my shower seat though! My recliner also is a must in my book. I've slept here every day/night. Good luck & don't stress too much.

P.S. I have a 6yr, 4yr, & twins that are 19mo. My 6 & 4 year understand to be gentle around me ut my twins are still too young. I think your twins will be fine;)

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday which helps...

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday which helps make the upcoming surgery become very real-life, doesn't it? Only real new advice I received was to wear a cotton tee under my garter for TT. So, I ran out today to get that. When I was trying to find the most comfortable fabric, I realized I wouldn't be raising my arms up due to the BA/BL. So, I went to the maternity section and bought a nursing tank top instead. It's actually a comfy material and will unsnapped at the shoulders and drop straight down off of me. It has the extra plus of easy breast dressing changes too :) Win Win!
I thin I have my youngest girls ready for me to go. They've been told I'm going to the Dr's. I have grocery store shopping to do tomorrow and my bag to pack then we will be leaving for the hotel. My surgery is Friday morning 7am!
Hiya-getting a little worried about you.....everything okay? I hope you are well :)
Thanks AussieMum, I'm okay. Very tired! I will post a clearer update as soon as my mind is a little less foggy....I've been good at keeping up with my pain meds, so, pain is tolerable. They put in 320cc silicone under muscle with a BL and an extended TT that removed an entire foot of skin! I can't wait to see the results tomorrow when I get to change these dressings :)
You will be so happy once it's over!!!
yay I am so relieved to hear from you!! wow, a foot of skin!! I can't wait to hear your update once you are ready. Mine is in 15days.....

Post-op update: everything went well. I stayed...

Post-op update: everything went well. I stayed over night at Progress West Hospital in St Louis. I didn't have any nausea all day after the surgery, but then overnight I seemed to use my Zofran a lot! The nurses were such a help with that and kept me comfortable for that first 24hrs. We left for home Saturday afternoon and everything has just been a bit of a fog. I don't remember sleeping this much my entire life. The pain meds have kept everything at an acceptable level I can handle. My PS put in 320cc silicone under the muscle and they look just like the size I was back in High School! I'm very happy, you can't get more natural looking than that! I didn't have any lipo done, but the PS said he cut 12" of skin off of me from my belly button down. I can't wait to see what that comes out looking like once it's healed.
Sunday I pulled my pain pump from my abdomen. It wasn't painful, just a slow process. My poor DH declined doing that for me. Once I started doing it, it wasn't all that bad and well worth the pain it saved me over those first couple days!
When I've changed my dressings I don't notice any bruising or anything ugly down there other than those 4 drains. I really wish they weren't there! They will be the last step of this process to get past (I'm hoping).
As soon as I can stand straight I will post updated pics. I know how much those encouraged me taking on this big decision. For me this was well worth it!
Good luck to all those out there healing with me :)
Glad to hear that all is well & you are happy! My first week was a blur & it was tricky to type while foggy on meds ;) It's amazing how soon you will feel like doing all the things you shouldn't ... That's the hard part! Happy healing :)
Thank you, Shelly. I don't think I've slept this much EVER! I'm relaxing as much and as long as I possibly can.
I thought of you and your review the entire time I pulled my pain pump btw ;)
Can't believe that you pulled out your own pain pump!!! You are one brave woman. How are the kids? Not climbing all over you??

I had my 1week follow-up appointment today with Dr...

I had my 1week follow-up appointment today with Dr Prada. Everything is looking wonderful, but those drains just keep a drainin' too much. So, we will have to try again next week. One of my drains is even draining 37ml on one day. He said he could pull my right breast since it's down to only 7ml drainage, but I would rather be better prepared by taking a pain pill prior to the pull.....I'm a big wussy. He agreed to wait till next Tuesday when we're hoping to do all the drains.
So, today was pretty much just checking my drains and changing my tegaderm tapes. All of my stitches are interior, then covered in tegaderm. Dr Prada's work is impeccable. No stitches seen. Everything just looks like a seam.
I will post pics when at a computer.
Happy healing everyone!!!
Awesome news about your 1wk post op. the drains are doing their thing, and I'm a bit jealous that you have them. My PS didn't use them for my TT or BA, and I'm super swollen. I hope you get rid of them soon!
I'm like you getting my drains pulled was super scary for me, but it wasn't that bad!! Trust me you will feel much better once you get rid of those things. Happy healing
that's good to know :) Mine were in my bed cuddling me this morning and my girl said to her brother "watch out for Mummy's boo boo"!! Ha ha haven't even had my surgery yet!

I posted a pic from 6 days post-op. I look a bit...

I posted a pic from 6 days post-op. I look a bit rough, but I still wasn't standing straight and it's tough to take a pic and hold all those drain tubes. My husband won't take the pic....he would be horrified if he knew I posted 'boobie' pictures online. I know how helpful others who were courageous enough to post helped me with my decisions, so, I will do the same :)
It looks like it hurts worse than it did. I can't say enough good of Dr Prada. Him and his team were able to keep me more comfortable than I ever imagined this procedure would be.
Looking good, hope your recovery goes well xx
Thank you, janeellie! I'm trying not to overdue things, battling swelling and drains right now :)
looking GREAT!!! How are you feeling?

Well, since we drive so far to get to Dr Prada's,...

Well, since we drive so far to get to Dr Prada's, we were to call with drainage amounts and color on my drains today before leaving tonight for the hotel. My drain appointment was in the morning. All are below 15ml a day output, but only 2 are yellow. The other 2 are dark red. Funny thing is those are the ones with the least outputs of all. So disappointed, I want these things out. Instead, we have made another appointment for this Friday and my TegaDerm Tapes will be removed at the same time...no stitches to be removed, just tape. Once again, I will call Thursday with drainage amounts and colors....
You look great! Good luck with the drains. I had 2 - one drained very little & the other never did change to the "apple juice" color. You will feel so much better that you will have to be careful. Are you taking any vitamins? I think they really helped my healing & energy. I still take them :)
I do, lots actually, my son says I have "expensive pee" (you know, meaning 'Mom, you don't need all this...'). Which ones do you take? I wasn't sure when I could restart all of my omega oil PS had me stop before surgery. I even take BioSil for my skin and bones, but then have to take Caltrate or I get terrible cramps with it. Yes, I am a supplement-junkie!
Vitamedica. I took the pre & post op surgery recovery formula, then switched to the wellness. I like how they have a morning (energy) & evening (relax). My hair grew like crazy & here I was worried it was going to fall out from the stress! You're nearing your two week milestone, so you should be cleared soon to resume. It was 2 wks when I could take Advil etc.

Big Last Minute Road Trip Today! I called to...

Big Last Minute Road Trip Today! I called to report my null and void drain amounts to my PS this morning and they asked if I could make the drive in today to have them pulled (even though 2 of my colors are still dark red). A big resounding YES! My DH has rescheduled his day around and canceled a few things he had going on, we scheduled a hotel for tonight and we will be there by 4:00 this afternoon. I was warned the lumen is a bit large and will be uncomfortable, so expect it. I dread going in there alone....my DH will be watching and taking care of the twins while it's happening. I'll get past it though and it will be over soon enough!
Well done! You're on the road now... probably feeling more human, mobile etc; great news!
I'm having the same procedures done in about a week and a half. my ps is giving me the pain pump as well. how well did that help to manage the pain? that's whats freaking me out the most.
For me it made those first couple days really bearable. I only had one pump for the TT and I didn't have any liposuction whatsoever. The pump isn't narcotic, it only numbs the area and it does that well. I would not do the procedure without it! Will you have to pull yours out on your own or does your PS do it for you?

I had a difficult time finding a PS I trusted to...

I had a difficult time finding a PS I trusted to go through such an extensive surgery as BR/BL and TT. Once I had a consultation with Dr Prada though, I had no doubt. His staff is so friendly, accommodating and friendly. The procedure is done in an excellent hospital where I spent the first night completely comfortable. Then the Number One deciding reason is Dr Prada himself. I trust his judgement and his professional talent....I really can't put enough words together (they would be too many).....I will keep it simple.....he is a gifted surgeon, a gifted cosmetic surgeon.
I'm so, so thankful to have found him to be able to improve my quality of life.
Re toilet / toilet seats / peeing / toilet seat risers: my garment lady has given me an adapted plastic milk bottle - ie she has cut of the top of it and shaped it so I can hold it between my legs - it's soft so it can be squeezed - so I can pee standing up... she is an ex-theatre nurse... I think I may be very grateful for it next week... thought I would share
That is a creative person! I'll be thinking of you next week tum69! (dont forget to take your stool softener!) Happy Healing to you!
That is so smart! Thanks for sharing.

Updated my pics for 16 day post-op. I STILL...

Updated my pics for 16 day post-op. I STILL haven't had my shower. I bled during the night on my right breast drain site. So, no shower this morning. If I don't bleed today from it I'm taking one tonight.....I'm sitting super still with that arm, man, do I want a shower!!! I thought I was in a hurry to get this surgery over with, but I can't be more thankful right now that I didn't do this during the summer's heat. I'm glad the weather's cooled off that I'm not a super sweaty, stinky mess right now.
You look great:-) sorry you haven't been able to shower. That stinks.
Wowzer - you look ace... pity it's not scratch and sniff - or relief it isn't. Anyway - hold on there - you look brilliant, just need to heal!
Thanks! I will be watching for your post-op update on how you're doing. You're strong and well prepared, you'll do great!

I just had my first shower! I felt as though...

I just had my first shower! I felt as though Heavens Gates opened up and blessed me. It was Wonderful!
I can only imagine how much better you feel after a shower, when I don't feel 100% showering is the only thing I want to do! At least with the no drain method I can shower after 24 hours - if I have the energy!
Your DH will do it for you, but my bet is on day 2!
Glad you got to take your 1st shower! Woohoo!

After reading a fellow realself friend's update...

After reading a fellow realself friend's update who is so good with her words, I was reminded why we write our Reviews: to help others going through this same process. So, an update from me on one of the more difficult things for me to get past....  I have been doing my own drains, dressings, cleaning, ect. My DH is absolutely wonderful and has been so helpful with kids, house, pillow props and everything....Everything, but the blood or incision issues. I believe it's mostly the incision issues. He avoids looking at them which means avoiding looking at me and my changes. This has been a tough thing for me to take and understand. I take it wrong and I'm too sensitive, I close myself in the bathroom and lock the door like I'm hiding myself (big blow to the self esteem). After a couple weeks of it, me being the Great Communicator that I am, told him he would have to touch me again someday.  Yeah, I know, NOT the right words.
This is the reason all of us write our Reviews! The update that I read that helped me so much brought out such a good point that her DH has to 'get used to her new body' just like she does and it's quite a transition. I have to admit, my DH does not accept changes very well, could be a good point that I understand. Not to mention the easy to understand point that she brought out that her DH told her he only feared her incision because it looks so vulnerable to him.
It might take my DH a little longer to feel comfortable, but that's ok. It's probably easier for me.....it's the skin I'm in, I can get used to it faster. We'll see :)
How are you doing - nearly at a month!!
I'm improving little bits everyday. I feel good! Unfortunately, if I do too much, by the end of the day I start to stoop over a little and breasts hurt. I think that's normal stuff though. I was going to post update pics, but I don't think I look any different from the last ones. My post-op with PS is next Tues, I can't wait for that! I bought a couple Spanx and I'm anxiously awaiting the day I can put those on instead of this binder.....i'm sure you are too! When did your PS say you could switch to a Spanx from your CG?
Big hugs going out to you. I'm sure this part of it is tough for all of you, but it'll be over soon. And yes, your posts are SO helpful to all of us. It's great to watch your progress! Thanks for your courage. Prayers going up for ya!

I had to run through the Mall today. As I walked...

I had to run through the Mall today. As I walked past VS for the 2nd time I convinced myself to just browse through for just a minute, even though I know I'm not ready for any of the things they sell yet. Bras, undies, lingerie....everything was a bit discouraging to me. It's hard to patiently wait as I wear my same baggy sweats, CG binder and taped up boobies all the time. As I was leaving I caught sight of a strapless bra. That lifted my spirits! It has been so long since I've been able to wear one of those......soon.....I can't wait!
Hey u look amazing! I'm so happy to read that u are feeling better! I have a question for u,during the first few days after surgery did u find your breast to be really firm and "high"? My breasts are really hard to me and seem to be riding high. Everyone says this is normal, just wondering if u had experienced the same thing.
@itsjustMo, I had silicone 320cc put under my muscle with a BL and a previous saline removed that was above the muscle. I did have a lot of swelling that was high up with the muscle and hard, but it dissipated over 2 wks considerably. You can still see some in my 16 day pics. I don't know what size, kind of implant and where you had them, but I wouldn't worry about them, they will drop. My PS gave me a boobie band to wear across the top of them to push them down. Maybe you can ask your PS if you need that? Mine have finally started to soften and I know they will soften even more over time. I know from my experience with saline, they don't soften much. What kind did you get?
I got silicone 350cc high profile under the muscle with a bl. They just look kinda weird to me. I'm only 6 days post op so I still have a lot of swelling and the nurse today said they look better than most patients at this stage. My husband says to quit worrying and give it time. I got the booby band for the last 3 days now and they don't feel as tight as the first 3 days.

I just had my 2nd post-op appt with Dr Prada....

I just had my 2nd post-op appt with Dr Prada. Everything went well with no big new changes. The steri-strips were removed from my boobies. They are now free. He said they are basically at their final size. I have no idea what that final bra size even is, i havent tried any new bras on or tried to size myself at all yet. I will make a point to figure it out now! They have minimal swelling, but not enough to be a bra size difference when it goes away. In 2 weeks (when im 6wks post-op) he recommended I could try the VSX bra. I'm going to try that one. It's nice to actually see what my final effect of my top half looks like without all that tape. As far as my bottom half goes, I asked if I could switch to a Spanx instead of the binder CG. He said I could as long as the Spanx applies the same pressure on my front abdomen as the binder does. Well as soon as my appt was over I ran outside and got my Spanx out of the car to try on. I can't get a smaller size, I hope it's tight enough to wear. I think it will work for periods of time when I go out. Around the house and at night I'm afraid I'll stick to the binder. Then the last thing that I'll be changing will be with my incisions and belly button, especially my bb. I've been using neosporin on all my incisions and my bb. The last week my bb has been looking a little angry red. Dr Prada said that's a result of using the neosporin instead of a polysporin. Using the neosporin after several weeks in a row on some people's skin can irritate it. I had no idea! So, no more of that! Anyone getting ready to be post-op buy that polysporin like you're told...not neosporin.  He said I can switch to whatever topical stuff I want to put on them now. I'm open to any recommendations anyone has. I'm very fair skinned, so I don't know if silicone sheeting will help me or not or even where to buy it???
I will post updated pics soon, hopefully within the next couple days at the latest. Getting that tape off me is a big change that can be seen!

Part 2 of the above update Dr Post-Op visit.......

Part 2 of the above update Dr Post-Op visit.....Spanx isn't going to work for me for more than a couple hours at a time, yet. I wore it for 7 hrs and this is the most swelling I've experienced. I'd like to blame the salty fast food I ate on the long drive or doing too much....but, I've done both those things before without experiencing this swelling. I'm swollen all the way up to my ribs. It's so discouraging to be 5 wks post-op and still not able to take this binder off. I'm supposed to be able to go without it in a little over a week. That just doesn't seem possible....do you just grit your teeth at the end of the day about this swelling? I was so hoping I could get away without this since I didn't do the lipo, I guess not :(
My Dr recommends CG for up to 6 weeks max... Not sure of implications for swelling, but says better by 3-6 months so I guess there's a bit of grin and bear it. I have a bit of time out each day, ESP as my CG is really tight by 6-7pm. I then change in to slightly more forgiving spanx type thing for sleeping. The numbness makes me feel swollen too.
Yes, I agree, give it time. They will soften. Mine are lower now than they were at the 2 wk pic, I will try to update a new pic by this weekend if I can. They have softened considerably, but I know will still soften more. It takes time and I even still have swelling. Your healing will take longer with it under the muscle, but your overall results will be sooo much softer and natural! Plus that silicone eventually is supposed to feel like natural tissue as much as possible. Mine is still firm, but I'm happy with it's softness even now!

I posted my new 5 weeks updated pics and measured...

I posted my new 5 weeks updated pics and measured for my bra size. Bra measurement according to charts should be a 32D, but the bra I have in that size here is too big when I put it on. So, I'm thinking I'll be a 32C. It's so hard to say with implants. I'm going to try to get out this weekend and go bra shopping since now I'm at my final bra size! VS here I come. Nothing fancy, but functional.
My Spanx Swelling went down after a good 10-12 hrs of wearing my tight icky binder. I did get some good advice from SoCalMM on swelling if anyone else does juicing (I do) these are some good recipes from her I'm going to start:
For swelling: 3 pineapple rings with skin, 1/4 ginger root, 1/2 pear; and the recipe says mix with sparkling water, but I don't & instead add a few kale leaves and 1/2 cucumber. Swelling & Tissue repair: Ginger Hopper: 3 carrots; 1/4 ginger; 1/2 apple; 1 red pepper; Garlic Express: handful parsley; I clove garlic; 4-5 carrots; 2 celery stalks. I have been throwing blueberries & 1/2 banana into a raw protein shake
I figure I'll battle more of the swelling when I start up exercising next week and I better have a plan so I don't get too disgusted with myself. Plus, I haven't been eating too well on this low sodium diet. I really should be juicing, which I haven't done since last spring. I would certainly be getting better nutrition in me that way!
It seems everyone is healing well and my thoughts are with those right now getting on 'the flat side'. Rest well everyone!

I forgot to add in my update that I have an...

I forgot to add in my update that I have an interior abdominal stitch I can feel below my sternum now. I feel it when I run my hand over my skin. It's a super ick feeling and I guess one of the risks of this surgery, especially if your thin with low body fat and thin skin (I have very old woman paper skin). The PS nurse told me with time it will soften and not bother me so much. Ugh. Time, time, time.
Also, I did buy a scar treatment a couple days ago called Scarguard MD. I'll update how I like it after 3-4wks. It looks, feels and smells like I'm applying clear nail polish, but it's a liquid silicone that dries to a solid. I was able to find it at Target for $27. The way it's running out looks like 1 bottle will last 1 wk. I'm using it on my breast anchor incisions plus my extended TT incision. I've got a lot of incision lines to 'paint'! The cost is reasonable and worth it to try if it can help.
Hope everyone is doing well!
Congrats your results look great and us who are still awaiting our surgery do appreciate the info!!
Glad you are doing so well and thanks for the tips: I have to say - you're not looking swollen at all; indeed you are looking amazing in your pics - time to start charging I think!! :-)
Tum69, I hate to have to give the credit to that awful binder...., but I do have to! My binder has 3 elastic straps that wrap and literally can bind you as tight as your heart desires. So, when I was swollen I stretched those elastic bands as tight as I could bear and went to bed. The next morning it was better, so I cleaned up and put it back on again as tight as I could go with it. Before noon I was pretty miserable with how tight it was and it was a really hot day. I went in to loosen it and cool off a few minutes and I looked pretty normal again. When I put it back on I just wore it at my normal tightness. I also did drink one of those energy drinks (AMP, I think). I never drink those and I drank it early that morning and peed a ton from it....that might have helped too.  Thank you for the vote of confidence that I'm looking good with this. I think we all worry about that ;)

I have my bra shopping done! VS sized me at a 32C,...

I have my bra shopping done! VS sized me at a 32C, YAY! I bought the VSX Angel style since it has the memory fit cup that's better for implants. I have 3....2 white, 1 black...like I said before, nothing fancy, but functional! I get to start wearing them at weeks post op then I'll just wear my surgery bras to sleepfoe my Mall shopping I wore my Spanx and got away with the 4 hrs in it without any substantial swelling. While at the Mall I also splurged on a few Hugo leggings to try to upgrade these baggy sweats I wear everyday (I only have 3 pairs I keep having to wash!) Then my big treat/reward to myself was a pair of Else skinny jeans that had a fabulous pattern on them. My size was on the mannequin and I waited patiently for someone to be found to get them off of her! I really wanted them....even though I won't be wearing them for awhile....maybe for the holidays! It will be a nice feeling. That lady working at Macy's helping me kept looking at me with hate in her eye though :(
Well I think that's plenty of updates from me for awhile!!! I hope everyone's healing well and preparing for their upcoming surgerys well!
skinny jeans... I'm dreaming... lucky you!
My skinny jeans are my dream too, Tum69! I could only slip them on and off for size...much too stiff and firm to wear now! I had a spell check error in my update though. My leggings are Hue. I could never wear them before because of my Kanga-pouch skin. Now they are so comfy. I know you wear leggings. They had velvet and corduroy ones! Verrry soft! I'm wearing the ponte ones now, but will be ordering those cords in the smaller size (they ran bigger for some reason). I don't feel so baggy-ugly in these :) How are you feeling? Back to work yet?
I bought the cord ones a week or so before my surgey!!! Got chocolate brown and black - love them!!!! They look awesome with boots :)

This morning I've officially started wearing my...

This morning I've officially started wearing my Spanx in place of my 3 row Binder CG. My poor binder is mis-shaped and weirdly irregular now....I'm afraid it's not even doing it's job, the elastic almost wraps all the way around me now with very little stretch left in it. I feel like giving it a proper burial. I think instead I will bury it deep in my underwear drawer 'just in case' a desperate moment arises and I think I need it....such a security blanket, isn't it? Oh well. Currently I'm walking on egg shells around here trying not to over do anything, terrified I'm going to swell up like before. I look exactly like E.T. when I swell. Even though I'm 6wks post-op tomorrow, I'm scared to do any exercise without my binder as my back up. I think I will post-pone a workout until next week. What's a few days for the peace of mind?
Several days ago I had what looked and felt like 4 little zits 1/4 inch below my TT incision line. When touching them though you can tell it's an underlying stitch. It's such an icky feeling. Since it's a dissolving stitch I'm hoping what stays under the skin will dissolve still. One has poked it's way through and my PS nurse said to either take the 4 hr drive up to see her to clip it or sterilize my own scissors and clip it myself. I clipped it. It's called 'spitting a stitch'. I don't know why I am so lucky....
Wow TM, you look absolutely amazing!!! I agree with 42Mof3, you definitely have an hour glass figure going on there. I also absolutely love your belly button.
Thanks, Jen, how did your bb come out???
Not sure yet about bb. Still in tape and I haven't taken any of the tape off. I am hoping it comes out as good as yours and some others I have seen on here.

This will be my 5th day wearing just my Spanx...

This will be my 5th day wearing just my Spanx everyday . The swelling hasn't been too bad, although, it has increased below my bb more than before. The positive side of this increased swelling seems to be less spitting stitches. The 3 remaining are staying under my skin and no more are coming out so far. I didn't know if I can credit the swelling or not, but it seems to make sense to me....more cushion? I've resumed mostly normal daily activity, but not exercise yet. We spent one day over the weekend walking all day and I managed, but I was slow and hurting at the end. All in all, that's not too bad considering everything my belly went through.
I've started wearing my VSX Angel bras during the day. I had to do surgery on them though. Some might consider it blasphemy, but I snipped those underwires out. It might just be the problem I have with my narrow body frame and implants, but underwires have always caused me problems even with my previous saline implants. I was hoping putting in smaller silicone implants would correct the problem, but I still have it. These wires irritate the outsides of my boobs ...they poke me like it's too narrow. I have a very wide sternum (center), so to buy a bigger size doesn't correct the problem. Wires think I should be closer together in the center and my boobs aren't there, those dang wires just aren't in the right place for me! I stopped wearing my surgical bra 2 days ago during the night. They aren't fitting me right anymore. So, now I'm wearing a spandex-type sports bra that's comfortable to sleep.
I'm doing my BA massage twice a day still. It's easier to do during my shower/bath with soap. My right breast is harder than the left...I blame the drain that gave me such trouble over there. Overall, that side has just seemed to have the most pain/trauma through this whole process. I've been massaging it more than I do the left trying to soften it up. I don't know how long this takes....
My incisions are dark right now, rather purple looking with the capillaries seen all around them in my breasts, ugh. The drain sites on my thighs look like bullet holes and are actually sunken indentions.  On a good note, the ruffle look is finally smoothing out of my tummy incision, whew!
So happy you are recovering well!
Thanks, Blonde, I haven't had too hard of a time with it. I hope you've turned the corner and gotten past the worst part of the recovery process now? Your pics are gorgeous, you will be so happy with your results...the process is just tough.
I am so happy it's been easier for u!!! Woohoo!!! Last week the worst park was pain- only hurt when I moved. This week not being able to do everything I want to by myself.  Oh and being in pain when I move! Lol it's not as bad as last week. How about u?

At my 5wks fu with PS he put a steri-strip at the...

At my 5wks fu with PS he put a steri-strip at the top of each vertical incision on my BL where it met my areola's to keep that t-site neat (it looks/ed really good). Well, I left the strips on for a week...then finally removed them and a bit of my skin came off both sides. I went ahead and didn't worry about it and put sporin on it with a 4x4 in my bra over the site. Now a couple days ago they are healing and pink....I started working out just my arms with stretching. Everyone keep in mind I have super thin skin -the right breast skin has torn about half an inch around that site near where the strip was. No more stretching or exercise for me until all of this is healed. I've also been going bra-less to help the tear dry out. It has scabbed over now. Tomorrow morning I'll start back with a bra again, hopefully.
I did wake up this morning with the least amount of swelling I've had since day 1 post op! I still have some pitting edema towards the sides below my bb, but there isn't any directly in the center anymore. Even where it is on the sides it is a pretty minimal amount. I'm 7 weeks post-op now!
It's been wonderful to read everyone's updates and how well everyone's surgerys have gone! All of you ladies are looking and feeling so great and I'm just so happy for everyone out there!!! Keep resting well :)
Wow you look amazing! How are you and your hubby doing? I hope things are better!
TY, Mommyof6, i was fortunate my TT didn't have a great deal of trauma to it since I didn't have lipo, I think. The healing for that has actually been easy going. One of my breasts are still not quite normal yet, but otherwise I'm feeling rather normal! Just not ready for any exercising like I would have liked to be doing....which has been a disappointment to me, but I'll get over it. All good things come with time! On the personal side, my DH and I have returned to our normal intimate relationship about a week ago. We started up slow going when I was 5 wks post op and returned to normal after a couple weeks. It just took him a couple weeks to get familiar with all of this (incisions, scars, changes). I'm also still wearing my Spanx all day and night...so, I'll cut him a break. That's not the sexiest thing to see your wife in :) I'm going to stop wearing it at night at 3 months post op... Thank you for asking about us. It's such a tough subject ;)
I'm so glad you woke with less swelling this morning. Besides your minor issue with your boobs, you sound like you are healing so well. I am so happy for you!!! Your body looks amazing and your scars are healing so well!!! Woohoo!!!

I just had my last fu appt with PS...next one will...

I just had my last fu appt with PS...next one will be in May.   Everything went well. I had my 1st set of post op pics taken and agreed to let them be put in the office binder for future patients to look through.
My PS is really happy with all of my results, I am too. I did have a bit of belly swelling from the fast food eating and drive over the night before to get there....ugh, I didn't realize they would be taking my pictures.
Breasts are great! They look perfectly symmetrical. My left one feels exactly how I want it to, it's loosely moving around and natural-feeling in the pocket he formed. The right one I asked him (the PS) what's going on with it. It's not so freely moving. It's firmer and harder to manipulate with the massage I do. He said it's because of the previous implants scar tissue in the previous pocket he closed off. I just need to continue massage and do it more aggressively over there. You'd never know there was a difference by looking at them and you'd never know what a mess they started as either!
I have another stitch spitting out that I clipped off. It's still open where i clipped it off day before yesterday. There are now 3 others I feel below the skin below my TT incision. I hope they dissolve on their own soon.
I'm going to give a try to returning to my normal preop diet.  My normal diet is very clean, by it's definitely not low sodium. If I swell too much as a result I'll go back to low sodium. I've had a very difficult time eating without my salt and I don't stick well to this 100% of the time either.  Right after my surgery, I started off not eating enough because nothing tasted good to me and here lately I've been a carb fiend and found a love for protein bars that I never would have eaten like this. I usually eat as preservative free and natural  as possible and I felt so much healthier. I need to get back to that. Everything on me seems to be turning to exhausted jello.
I'm going to post my updated 2 month post op pics after the Holiday. I hope everyone has a good one!
Thank you for your posts. You are right, talking about even the most uncomfortable things helps us who are deciding on and awaiting surgery. I don't know what I would do without everyone's stories on here- so helpful! You look wonderful! Excited to see more pics as your swelling ends and you have a final result. Good for you for being so brave doing the surgery and posting pics to help us, thank you!
How exciting TM! Everything sounds great. PS only put their best work in the binders, so he must have done a really amazing job. I'm so happy for you.
I didn't realize that, Jen. I thought they put everyone who agreed to go in the binder there. That makes me feel pretty good!!! He did tell me he hopes I'm going to wear a 2- piece swim suit now...said it a couple times. I'm really modest. I must have had a look on my face like, 'you crazy man!'

I just posted my new 9 wks post op pics and when...

I just posted my new 9 wks post op pics and when comparing them with the last 5wks ones I took....I don't think there's a great deal of changes since then. The last couple of days I have started to exercise here at home. I haven't been able to work on my core very much, but it is nice to be able to do a start. I think it will slowly improve with time. I tried to plank and couldn't do that at all, but was able to work from laying on my back.....baby steps. I hope everyone else is healing well and all those preparing for their surgeries, Good Luck, this is so worth it.
You look amazing!
Thank you. I'm going to attempt some exercise for improvement. It will be a nice feeling after all these years :)
thank you so much for you pics....I am in the process of during a mommy makeover... I cant wait.... I really want to be about your size breat I am a 34b( But really a a, but lots of sagging and skin) My goal is 34C ( a Small C)...You look amazing will love to 2, 3 months photos. I am thinking may anywhere from 300cc -350cc will be my goal. Thank you once again

It's finally happened....I'm wearing jeans...

It's finally happened....I'm wearing jeans comfortably all day now! At 10 weeks post op I was able to. I've also stopped wearing my Spanx. I did go shopping all day Saturday and I was on my feet over 10 hrs by myself and ended up carrying a lot of bags. By the end of that day I wore my Spanx to bed for the night, but I really didn't look too swollen. I just felt a little swollen mid-belly line and by morning after sleeping in my Spanx I was flat as a board! Finally, after all these weeks, I am feeling, looking and behaving normally!
On a personal note, I've caught myself during intimate times with my DH reaching and covering my belly in different ways. Once I realize I'm doing it, it's such a relaxing feeling to STOP IT! I know the scars are bad and I do hope they fade soon (they will), but sex was soooo hindered by my floppy belly in the past. This new flat place is going to take some getting used to, but I like it ;)
Hey you!!! How have you been! I was looking at my old comments and found you! I bet your doing well and looking so good!!! Your one year is cuming up and hope you update!
Great updates! I'm so happy you're journey is going well. I was wondering if you have any update or opinion on Scarguard. I'd love to know what you think of it. Thanks!
On the Scarguard-I stopped using it on my breasts. It didn't seem to be of much benefit there for me. I used it for about 4wks on my extended TT and it seemed to help inflammation and especially helped the itching phase. I haven't used any other scar products to compare it with though. I'm not too worried about my scar's final appearance to invest too much in products. It was easy to use. It did rub off easily though...
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

!Updated on 5 Oct 2012:He was on my list as one of my consults and it only took meeting him once to realize he was the only PS I would have do any work for me. He is a perfectionist and has a true talent that can be trusted. I wanted a natural look and that is what he gave me. Him and his staff are Excellent! I highly recommend him!