Just Had Tickle Lipo Today - Saint Louis, MO

Had tickle lipo this am at The Lifestyle Center Dr...

Had tickle lipo this am at The Lifestyle Center Dr Moore in St Louis. I am 42, 5'0 133lbs. Had full abds done. Procedure itself, I opted for local with nitrous gas so I could drive myself home. All was fine until the nitrous tank ran out mid procedure. I had some pretty sever pain with the upper abs and began shaking from the pain. The Dr noticed the gas ran out switched tanks the started again. He removed 600cc of fat and said he was pleased with that. The nurse then bandaged me up. I was still a bit shakey from the pain. I didn't hurt much in the lower abds, just the upper was "burning" pretty bad. We applied compression garment which made a lot of pain bearable. Drove myself home and took a Vicodin. So far I am comfortable, but can feel some drainage coming through. Hope to have a good outcome but I know it will be several weeks.

First day post op tickle lipo

Did not sleep well last pm. Hurting most of night. Woke up took soak and wet bandages off and took a shower. I do see the improvement already. I am very very sore and swollen with lots of hard lumps all over. I went for my first lymphatic massage and the lady told me I need to constantly massage those lumps. This is difficult because it hurts a lot. I'm hoping tomorrow it won't hurts as bad. I did get out and about today but walked very slow and getting up from sitting to standing was the worst. I had read all about the drainage the first 24 hrs but really didn't grasp how disgusting it was. I had an adult diaper on with peri pads over the five holes then a chux over that plus the comp garment. Had the change myself 3 times of being saturated with bloody fluids. It was literally pouring out the bottom 2 holes when I stood it. It was quite bad. So squeamish people this is not a good thing. Today I'm not draining anymore, just in pain.

Before pix

Day 2 post op

Today was better but still in a lot of pain. It's the upper abs that hurt the worst. No more drainage. The lumps are pretty hard all over. I don't have a ton of bruising yet. Using Arnica cream twice a day.

day 4 post op

Doing much better today. More of the lumps have went down. I have another lymphatic massage tomorrow. The compression garment is itchy but I'm getting use to it. Still very sore all over but went shopping today. I lost 2.5 lbs. I feel my stomach is looking so much better. I am very happy so far and I know it's going to keep getting better.

1 week post

I am still in a fair amount of pain/deep soreness. Mostly with bending over. Puncture sites are closed. Still swollen but very little bruising. Wearing compr garment 23 hrs a day. I am pretty happy with results so far. I just wasn't expecting to still be this sore a week later!

2weeks!!

Still sore with a few lumps but overall I am happy so far.

1 month post

Saw Dr last week. He said the lumpiness will get better and to keep massaging. I am still having a lot of soreness. I seriously did not think it would continue this long. If I leave the CG off I swell and have increased pain. Some days I wake up with my abds looking flatter, other days I think I almost looks pre lipo or very close to it. I am undecided if I'd ever recommend this or do this again. I almost don't think the soreness has improved any in the past 2 weeks.

Looking worse 6 weeks out!!

I don't know what's going on but I look misshaped all of a sudden. It's gross.

Almost 3 mo

I am not happy with lack of results at this time. Still having deep soreness and some swelling at times. Saw Dr 2 days ago. My after pix actually look worse and very misshaped on my left side. He says I'm very fibrous and need to massage area daily to pull apart the fibers... Will follow up in 6 weeks. Right now I look worse for sure, because before I was just round and fat, now I'm lumpy and oddly shaped. I will keep trying to work those lumps out and see if it improves I guess.
Tampa Dermatologic Surgeon

Very nice place with good Dr and staff.