Lower Bleph - One Week Post Op! So Far Pretty Good! -Saint Louis, MO

I have been debating on writing a review, I'm a...

I have been debating on writing a review, I'm a bit self conscious about my eyes. However, after posting on Jill's review this past week I decided it was my turn. Everyone on this board has been so helpful, so maybe I can do the same.

I am 51 years old and have had bags and circles under my eyes my entire life. They have gotten worse over the years. I'm tired of looking tired. I'm tired of seeing myself in pictures and l'm the only one who looks exhausted and old. I have inherited the bags from my father's side of the family.

I had my surgery last Friday, one week ago today. I nearly cancelled due to my nerves. I kept reading all the advice on this board. I know bad things can happen, but I felt confident with my doctor and realized with this type of surgery would be an incision inside the lower lid with no stitches. Nothing too visible.

I was surprised at how quickly and smoothly the surgery went. The first day I rested with ice on my eyes most of the day. I had no pain or discomfort. In fact, I haven't had to take anything stronger than a Tylenol. Day 2 is when the swelling really set in. It looked like I had little cherry tomatoes under each eye. Red and puffy. The redness and swelling has gone down a little each day. I have not had much bruising though. I took the advice of everything everyone recommended..........ice, arnica, sleep upright, drink pineapple juice, and constant rest.

Things were fine up until yesterday, day 6. I awoke to a large blood stain on my pillow case. Of course, I was nervous. I must have slept or rolled over on my right side. I realized that I had irritated the incision. Let's just say that I didn't sleep much last night and made sure I slept so I couldn't turn over.

I went for my post-op today. Doctor said he was amazed at how little bruising I had. He thought the swelling was the normal amount after one week. Everyone is different. I'm going back in a month for a different procedure. I have these ugly bumps under my eyes. Another thing I inherited from my father. Once the bags are gone, the bumps show up more. Doctor said it will be simple to remove each one, with one small stitch for each one removed. I'm definitely nervous about having a stitch or two under my eyes, but I can't stand the ugly bumps. I will have this done on July 22nd, after I return from a family vacation.

I will post some pics today and more as things change. Thanks to each and everyone of you who have shared your story. It helps to know that you are not alone.

Four weeks post lower bleph surgery - 2nd procedure today!

Today I had a second procedure done. I mentioned in my first post about the small bumps/lesions under my eyes. I had several under each eye. I had them removed today. You can see them in my previous photos. Once I had the lower bleph completed they became more noticeable. I'm attaching a photo. I have small stitches on each cut, they aren't really noticeable. You can definitely see the redness. My fingers are crossed on bruising. Doctor said usually you will get bruising since I had small injections (for numbness). So far, so good. Thanks Arnica! :) You can also see in the photo that I still have swelling from the lower bleph surgery on my left eye. Notice how the lower lid is up higher from swelling. Definitely will be a sunglasses week!
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Maack. He calmed my nerves and gave me all the time I needed to discuss my surgery. He is very patient and answered all my questions. I never feel rushed and totally trust him! :) His office staff is fantastic! I am very pleased with the results. He is a wonderful doctor!!