I Did It!! - Saint Louis, MO

I had a wonderful experience and I'm two days...

I had a wonderful experience and I'm two days post-op and having no problems. Yes it hurts, but it's going to be wonderful when the swelling goes down. I wanted to be rid of my turkey neck and my deep naso-labial folds. I'm healing incredibly well (because I am doing EXACTLY what Dr. Scheu told me to do). I can't open my mouth very wide due to the swelling but that is resolving quickly. Bottom Line: It's going to hurt. You are going to look like a bashed melon for a few days--but then you are going to look beautiful again.

Day 3 I'm 72 hours post-op side view.

I'm doing great! Washed all the blood and gunk out of my hair yesterday and started putting neosporin on the stitches. The bruising around my neck is getting much more pronounced but I am healing very very well and I am happy with the results so far. Dr. Scheu (pronounced Shoy) gave me his personal cell number right after the surgery and his staff has checked on me regularly.

Day 4 post surgical

I forgot to put my chin strap on and woke up about 2 am and put it on immediately. I am convinced that my continuing to use the ice belt has helped my swelling to resolve much more quickly. I have no fluid under my eyes today and my black eyes seem to be resolving while I rock the Jackie O. look with the scarves and big black sunglasses. Pain is getting better although still sore which I'm sure will take about 1-3 months to totally resolve. I couldn't be happier with my progress and can't wait till they take the sutures out! Dr. Scheu used the tiniest sutures I have ever seen and I'm sure the scars will not even be noticeable in a few months.

Day 5

The swelling continues to resolve. I can open my mouth a full inch and the bruising is fading rapidly. I am becoming more and more confident of an excellent result and I can’t wait to get the sutures out so that I can wear some makeup to look like the woman I normally am! I am not going to hide under a scarf and sunglasses today. I’m in no pain & feel great! I do wear the chin strap at all times while in the house because it seems to be helping me heal more quickly and for the swelling to resolve.

Day 6

Feeling better and better as the swelling and bruising continue to resolve and will be happy to have the sutures removed tomorrow so I can cover the bruising that hasn’t faded yet. I think I got a beautiful job and I am delighted with the results so far! My ears are sore and as a side sleeper, I find having to sleep on my back to be the most difficult things since my husband tells me I snore when I sleep on my back. I'm getting the stitches our tomorrow and can't wait because I will be able to use makeup to cover the residual bruising FINALLY!! I use my own formula of mineral makeup and I find that it provides a great cover for bruising and everything else!

Day 7 post op

I get my stitches out today!! I am thrilled beyond words to be getting the sutures removes as they are getting itchy and I want them gone. I did my hair a put on a bit of eye makeup for the trip to the doctor. Everyone in the waiting room was floored at how good I looked 7 days post op, no one could believe I had a face lift 7 days ago! Swelling continues to resolve as does the bruising. It’s hard to believe that I had surgery a week ago today. I am delighted with the results and the beautiful job done by my surgeon and expect to be at work next week! I am confident that Dr. Scheu did a beautiful job as people are commenting on how great I look ONE WEEK post op!

Day 8 post op

The bruising under my eyes has almost completely resolved and the swelling is continuing to decrease. My surgeon is delighted with my progress and remarked to me that he enjoyed doing my procedure because he felt as though he was restoring a masterpiece to it’s original beauty. Awwwww...…
I am thrilled by my progress and my results and I cant wait to put on makeup for the first time in 9 days!! All of my photos are taken as soon as I hop out of bed in the morning because that's when I look the worst (even before I had surgery. I'm as happy as I can be with my results and can't praise Dr. Scheu enough.

Day 9

Getting better every day. Ears are less tender, swelling and bruising continue to resolve. I have steri-strips over the incisions that I have been instructed to leave in place until they fall off. Note to Cover Girl--need a makeup base that covers steri-strips! Other than that, I'm still flying slow and low and not doing any strenuous activities. Chewing is no longer painful and I can open my mouth without pain. Still have the "tight" feeling that come from swelling and I wear my compression bandage all the time because it will help resolve the swelling and retards the formation of scar tissue. I'm also trying to avoid salt and salty foods as much as possible to assist in the swelling resolution. Feeling good and looking better every day. I expect to look a lovely and well cared for 40-something instead of the 55 I will be in December!

day 11 WOW

Today I really see what a fabulous job Dr. Scheu did. I went into this with REASONABLE expectations, I knew I was never going to look 21 again. I wasn't as concerned with looking younger as I wanted to look BETTER. I truly believe I will come out of this looking forty-ish which is fine with me since I will be 55 in December. I am thrilled beyond words with the results that get better every day. My swelling is about 60-65% resolved and the bruises are gone. Here's today's pic with hair done and makeup--and I was EXCITED to be putting on makeup and doing my hair to go to breakfast. I also strongly recommend avoiding salt as I've noticed my swelling is really going down since I started making a serious effort to limit my salt intake--not that I ate that much to begin with--but salt is addicting. I used to salt the tar out of everything without tasting it but my husband doesn't eat much salt so a few years ago I stopped using it when cooking and gradually have started using less and less over the years so that there are a lot of foods that are too salty for me--hot dogs, chips, etc and I TASTE my food before salting now and I ask for it not to be salted by the cook when dining out. It has really helped the swelling!!

day 11 Wow

Notice how smooth my neck is and how the cheeks are plumper and more youthful.

Day 11 Before and After

Here's how you can really see the difference. Here's the before pic taken about a year before the surgery next to today's picture. Even 11 days post-op with a 60-65% resolving of the swelling, you can see vast improvement. My neck is smooth, my jawline is tight, my nasolabial folds and marionette lines are GONE. My cheeks have that plumper youthful look and I am delighted. My friends and family are speechless at the improvement and even my husband who fought the surgery tooth and nail said I am looking great. I am thrilled with the improvement.

Day 12 Post surgery

I had a dinner that was salty and it made me a bit puffy, but the pictures show the swelling in my neck continuing to resolve and that I'm going to have a clean jawline very soon and the turkey neck is GONE.

DAY 13 Post surgery

Puffed up badly during dinner at the outback because of the salt in the food, but pushed fluids and wore my ice belt after dinner with my compression bandage and it resolved last night and today it looks very good. Swelling continues to resolve and check out that nice clean jawline! I'm thrilled to death and looking forward to getting back to work.
Ladies: If you have this surgery, seriously LAY OFF THE SALT. It was actually painful when my face swelled at dinner (We were at Outback for 2 hours) and my ears hurt the most. I had a take a painkiller along with the ice belt so I strongly emphasize keeping your salt intake to an absolute minimum.

Day 13 photos

oops--forgot to add these to my update

4 months post op and I couldn't be happier!

My board certified surgeon, James Scheu did a fabulous job. I look early 40s and get carded when I ask for the senior discount LOL which I thoroughly enjoy. I had one little waitress card me and she then said "I hope I look as good as you do when I'm 55 years old!" which reinforced how happy I am with the work I had done. Here's my before and after pics.

Four months postop

Four months later, my surgery looks beautiful. I've had no problems no complications the swelling is gone and I couldn't be happier with the results. My doctor is absolutely fabulous and I strongly recommend the St. Louis LSL facility. Dr. Scheu was fabulous and I can't be say enough nice things about it! They took excellent care of me and I got excellent results and I'm thrilled to death!

I forgot to mention the numbness

The numbness is also resolving which I did not expect to happen for at least a year. My face has about 75% of the feeling back. The neck is not as good as I only have 25% or so of the feeling but it won't bother me if I ever get it back because it's a small price to pay for looking so much better!

6 months post op

Doing good and looking great! Dr. Scheu in St Louis is THE MAN!!
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Scheu was wonderful pre and post surgery. I am happy with the results and I will update as I go. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

did you have the fine lines above your mouth resolved with the procedure you chose? that is my biggest issue - lines around my mouth due to being a former smoker of many years. I seem to see lines around the mouth area and below the nose on the enlarged photos?
I'm 42 years old and had hysterectomy due to cancer! I've been through the change! I've the wrinkles all over my droopy face and grey hair to prove it! I'm so unhappy with the way I look! Would this be the best way for me to go?
The best way to explore your options in my humble opinion would be to have a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Sorry to hear about the cancer. Good luck to you.
We are heal differently and you do look good girl.
Thank you ever so!
I too was nearly healed at 5-7 days! You look fabulous and I'm so happy for you. Isn't it wonderful to be able to have this done?
I'm totally thrilled with my results and my husband stopped complaining 2 months ago LOL 5 payments down, 13 to go!
Limo--Did you have cheek implants ?? I your 1-st picture shows no cheek bones and now waa waa boom--beautiful.. I have great results but no cheeks like thise............
those
I did NOT have cheek implants. I was 60 pounds heavier in the before picture which was taken about 18 months before the surgery. I ended up losing a total of 104 pounds and then I had my surgery. The cheekbones were always there, I was a model when I was a kid. Those cheekbones made a lot of money for me when I was 18-26 and aged out of modeling. I had the basic LSL and nothing else. They pitched me on a chin implant buti didn't want that either.
Why would anyone want a chin implant. I have always had cheekbones and chin. With age the chin seems to be bigger than ever so I wish mine were smaller. But your surgery turned out do beautifully that you need nothing else.
I'm happy with the lift but I didn't want a chin implant because even a small change makes you look totally different.
Happy to hear you're satisfied with your results.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Glad you are pleased! Great tip about salt intake, too.

looking good! Your lift will relax over the next months. Post if you are still happy with the result then.
It's still looking great.
Hello all I am thinking about getting a LSL, But NOT sure, I just had and paid off care credit for the all on 4 dental implants. I have no chin it looks like it's all neck. My husband thinks I should not do any more to my self, but I have a horrible side profile and my grandchildren all make fun of me and so do all my family members. I feel so alone and I am totally looking for some kind of help for my chin area. I was wondering if this would Not work for me with dental implants? does anyone know?
Of course it will work. Go to the St Louis LSL and get Dr. Scheu. He's an artist.
You look amazing. Your surgeon did a great job. Very happy for you.
I agree it's s blessing to have a skilled surgeon. I also plan to have a the upper eye lid surgery in the near future. My upper eye lids are droopy and make me look tired even when I'm not. You can have botox for forehead lines. It smothes lines snd lifts the forehead.
I would never have Botox. I have forehead lines because I'm one of those people who are very animated and I move my face a lot--I wouldn't be me LOL
Good for you. Well, if you have botox you would need it every 3 months. So you have to factor that into your budget.
That's another reason I'd never do it. LOL Too much suffering involved.
You look awesome!!! :) I too put off a new car for a pending lift!! teehee Thanks for the update! May I ask what is an ice belt sounds interesting!!! Thank you!!
The Ice belt is a strap they give you with pockets that contain freezer gel packs and it fastens with velcro and you wear it and put it in the freezer. I wish I had two--it helped so much with pain and swelling. I still use it. I'm about to post today's pics with 60% of the swelling resolved.