I'm soooo excited about my upcoming TT surgery it...

I'm soooo excited about my upcoming TT surgery it almost consumes me at times. I'm 44, mother of 4, 5'9" tall, 149 pounds. I've lost 34 pounds since last year and about 6 months ago I decided to take the plunge. I booked 2 consults with a reputable PS. One for tummy and one for breast. I was more concerned about my breast being done but I'm so glad I'm getting the TT first. I've been working out a lot and my stomach roll is almost unbearable at times. I seemed to have lost everywhere but there. My TT is scheduled for 12/5 and I have a breast consult on 11/18. Does anyone know how long I should wait between surgeries?

Congrats on your upcoming surgery, your going to look fab
@luv2bmommy: thanks :). I checked out your profile and you're as excited as I am! :))
You are going to look great !!!

Told my boss today

I told my boss today about the TT. She was very supportive. I was worried about one of my co workers finding out and being super negative. After a good talk she suggested I may want to tell her but be upfront about not wanting people to know b/c of negativity and that it's my decision and I'm excited. My boss figured if she's " in on the secret" she may be better. Plus if anyone was to start a rumour why I was out it would be her. So tomorrow I will tell her and cross my fingers. Told her yesterday I was going to take the kids to Disney next year and she yapped on that I must have win the lotto and never told them. Grrrr. I've read too many stories on here where people are afraid to tell and it's just not right. Here we are excited like jumping beans and feel we can't express it due to the haters ( lol ). I have told a handful if people and most all are so wrapped up in the money part if it. I work for it... Geesh ...

Don't you just love how people inject themselves into our pockets, like they NEED to understand how we payed for our procedure? I actually told my fam that the BR was insurance covered and tuck was a cheap add-on. What I should have said was only check writers get to know the details. Now I've been responding that we all find a way to pay for the things that are truly important to us. When my aunt didn't accept that as an answer, I told her it was cheaper than the new car in her driveway. Shut her up pretty quick.
Congratulations on your upcoming surgeries, I has a lower body lift, and had to wait 3 months for my second round which was breast lift and augmentation and arm lift. I am sure you will have awesome results!
Oh we have similar tummies! Let's hope they're both gone soon. Lol

Would love to see TT pics of a tummy like mine!

I'm consumed with my TT. Seriously. My sister thinks I'm going to get addicted to PS. The fact that I hate the thought of looking older makes her argument more valid, lol. If only I was a rich girl...
Thought I'd post a more attractive pic of my belly. Would love to see other belies that look like mine.

OMG!  Your results are going to be amazing, cuz your starting with a great body, just loose skin!
@ Busybe & great2bme: you're me new best friends! Lol. Thanks bunches :))
You don't have much to remove and I'm sure you will look amazing when it's all done :-) Looking forward to following your journey.

5 more weeks!!!

5 more weeks and I'm already trying to get the house purged and myself organized. I'll be glad when October is over and the things that went with it so I can focus on preparing for my new bod! It's all about enjoying the journey as well:))

first 5k last weekend!

Creepy crawl fun run. It was a lot of fun!

You are going to look amazing!
Thank you mamaQ and Pharmsales. I have a vision in my head that I hope to match with my body ;)) I keep looking at this site for other peeps that look like me, lol.
Good luck. You have a nice shape already so I think you get fabulous results!!! See u on the flatside!!

Needed a reality check with my camera

Took pics while on all fours. Eeek. Good reality check for me! Only 4 more weeks till the eve of my surgery! Fretting I won't get everything done. Not sure how much time hubby should take off work. I'm having it done on a Thursday. Have little ones in school and 1 in daycare. When can I drive?

You are going to look awesome...nice hourglass figure. If I go for a Breast rev..I am thinking about a tuck. PS was willing to do it at the same time but I chickened out. also did not think it was wise to put the body under so much stress..especially at my age.
That was a wise choice to wait Grace. As awesome as it would be to get it all over with, our bodies do heal better with less going on. I'm going for my breast consult on Monday. I'm waiting about 6 months to get the girls done. I'm bringing in a few pics. I've been doing a lot of research as he prefers to stage it and not do the BL and BA at the same time. As for your girls... There's a lot if women with boob envy when they see ur pics. I wouldn't lie to u. I've now seen hundreds and hundreds of them. Lol.
Hi Lisa, counting down the days with you. Our shape is similar and I`m 45 and I`ve had 3 kids. I can`t wait for you as well, I won`t lie it isn`t easy and a slow recovery but sooooo worth it! I am now at 40 days and feeling more and more like myself. I did my first 5k run this week-end and it went really well. :) I`m here if you need any support. :)

3 more weeks!

I called the office today for my TT appointment time. No def time but I'm second. I was hoping to be first but I'll take it ;)). I have a breast consult on Monday with him too. Waiting about 6 months for that one. It takes soooo long to get in to see him and then another long wait for a date. Secretary thought I may want to cancel as she thinks I'm so excited about the TT I may use up my breast consult time talking about my TT. Lol. I do have a few questions but I am just as excited about getting the girls done. I have my wish pic and questions ready for him. :))

Best wishes.
Thank you anasScott and Quinceanera! I've got to stop munching. Nerves kicking in. Lol
You will be amazed at your transformation! I only waited 6 weeks between TT and BA and the second surgery was hard on me,but feeling great now that I am 8 weeks from the last one. Good luck and I look forward to following your journey.

15 more days

Went to see PS for BA and talked more tummy talk. I won't have a vertical scar ( yay !! ) and none of his patients ever had senoma. My incision will be nice and low too. I asked about putting the drains in on my incision line but he said it will leave 2 raised red bumps along my line when I heal. No thanks, lol. I can't even begin to express how excited I am! Haven't heard from pre op though. Must be soon.

Couple selfies

I'm a few days after you and I am feeling so many emotions. How r u doing?
I woke up this morning thinking how hungry I'm going to be when I wake up Thursday morning, lol. Biggest fear is my surgery getting cancelled due to an emergency. Happens more often than not here. Biggest fret is the fasting. I'm not at all worried about the operation but if I was going to the dentist I would have to pop an Ativan. My desire to have this done squashes any fear I would have about it. I checked out your profile. You hide ur belly well. Ur results will be awesome ;))
Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

8 days & 12 hours left ....

Everyone around me is getting sick. Seriously can't get sick right now. I'm more afraid of that than the surgery.
My friend is driving me the day of. I got a call from pre-assessment who moved my a Surgery up a half hour. Yay! I'm ready tomorrow!
Mentally I'm prepared, physically I'm prepared but emotionally I'm not sure. I still have a lot to do at work and I worry that the house won't be kept up after my hard work. Worry I might go stir crazy in the house. And really worry I will turn into a big potato from lack of exercise. Still planning to do biceps with hand weights. U don't need and for that ;)
I'm not at all nervous though. Just sooooo excited. It's hard not to want to tell everyone.

In 5 more days ....

In 5 more days they will be wheeling me into the recovery room around this time. I've got 2 calls from pre op already to move my time. First one was 1/2 hour early. Now it's 2 hours later but still fasting after midnight. I don't go in until 1! No chance if sleeping in as I have kids to get up an get to the bus. One needs to get to daycare. That's 7 waking hours with no food. Just sips of water up to 3 hours before. I'm hoping I won't turn into a bear. Lol. I'm a wee but cranky when I'm hungry.
Bought a cig from Walmart today. One piece that has a pee hole ( must have) and it's exposed in the bra area. A bargain at $27. Sexy beige ooooh. Lol.
Thought this week I would be eating better but it's the exact opposite. I know that I will have to really watch my diet after surgery since I can't exercise so I'm enjoying the bad stuff now.

I didn't buy a cig

Stupid auto correct. I bought a CG today... Not a cig. Geesh.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

2 days and 15 1/2 hours ....

I'm in energizer bunny mode! Cleaning and cooking ... For some reason I just HAD to get that oven cleaned ... If I didn't have to work the next couple of days I'm sure I would be re- cleaning what's already clean. Thought I would be eating good with just a few days to go - nope. Not happening. I missed my pump class tonight cause one of the kids had tummy troubles and I had to pick her up from school. I started to have some myself so I napped. REFUSE to be sick.
Aunt Flo arrived Sunday. I was elated. She was due to arrive the day before surgery. I wasn't sure how I was going to deal with that as I'm kind of a hygiene nut and I've read you have to wait a couple days to shower.
Got my wheels all shined up and ready to take with me to the hospital. I'm sure they'll think I'm crazy but I don't want a catheter and I like my independence.
Since they moved my surgery time to 1:00 hubby has no one to watch the kids to see me after I'm up in my room. I told him it's ok but he really wants to see me. He's sweet like that. I guess that's a wait n see.

Good luck! We are rooting for you on the other side! Remember, swelling can get you down but it is temporary.
Thanks Ana! If I get a case if the " swell hell blues" I'm gonna remind myself of just that. I'm not going in expecting to look like a Barbie doll until at least a couple of months. In the meantime I will be checking out all my peeps progress as an encourager. :)) 16 hours to go ....
Good luck tomorrow chicky.

Moved my surgery time once again...

This time it's for 10 am. Wonderful time! That's only 34 hours and 47 mins away! I am still not eating clean. Hoping Aunt Flo goes away soon. I'm up 3 pounds ... Hoping it's from her and not the brownies. Lol.
Put in for a couple of vacation hours first thing in the morning to get my pump class in. My last work out and I've got to make it good. Then it's work and the kids and more cleaning and before I will know it I'll be like a jumping bean waiting to go in to the O.R. Im only half packed. Not sure how big and loose. Packed hubby's pj pants and a pair of mine. With the new surgery time hubby will be able to see me when I get out if recovery. Couldn't find a sitter for an evening visit.
Any last words of advice??? Should I eat really light tomorrow? Start the stool softeners?

13 hours away .....

It's so hard to believe that's its so close. I'm as calm as a cucumber. Tummy grumbling so I think a coffee is in order. I can eat till midnight. I thought I'd be cleaning and going nuts. I'm pretty chilled. Hope I can stay relaxed enough to sleep tonight. See you all on the flat side my peeps! Booyah!!!!

hope all went well!! wishing you good luck sister!!
Good luck today! You're going to have awesome results! You have a great figure going into it! Just a little tweaking and you're golden :) Congrats!!!!!!
Prayers being sent for you hon! So excited for you....see you when you get to the flat side :-)

I've crossed over to the flat side!!

It's over and I have to say that I wasn't nervous in the least. It was a great experience leading up to it. As for the pain, I woke up groggy in no pain. As soon as the pain kicks in at all I get my nurse for my happy pills. Love dilaud.
My doc comes in the morning to check his handy work. He came in last night to let me know how it went. He was able to take even more skin off which left me with a bit longer scar but I'm cool with that. My scar is low and no dog ears. He stitched up my insides from top to bottom. He also uses 3 layers of stitches when sewing me back up. I avoided the extension scar too even though my torso is long.
I'm on a liquid diet and starving. I was extremely weak at one point from lack of food. They brought me in a Popsicle which I ate too fast and was on the verge of throwing up.
Got the nurse to take a couple of pics. She thought I was crazy. Oh....coughed a bit and avoided it by getting up right away and drinking. My fingers are numb at the 2cd joint up on one hand. They feel like they are frozen and it's been 13 hours since I've been awake. My skin is itchy everywhere. Not sure why. No rash. And I'm dehydrated.
It's almost 5 in the morning and I'm wide awake. Don't want to type anymore though. Lol

Welcome on the flat side! So happy for u! Glad it went well. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Congrats!
So glad you made it. Congrats!
Congratulations, you're going to look amazing! Wishing you a smooth recovery.

Doc just in

Doc said I will love it! Even made a contour in my belly. He only peeked can't wait to see it off;)

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see more pictures! Happy healing lady! :)
wonder why the liquid diet? I just read you are bloated so badly I am sorry I hope that has passed and you are able to rest easily now.
Congrats hon!!! Happy healing!!!

Tummy and heart troubles

My bowls have always caused a problem for me as I would have to do daily enemas for relief. I figured I would do the same after this surgery. It didn't work. I'm taking stool softener a too. My belly sounds like it's going to explode! I am very worried about my stitches.
Walking around is manageable. I use my walker. Trying to stick with light eating cause if the bowls. A coffee yesterday caused to blow up like a balloon. I had to take gasx. Didn't really work.
As for my heart ... Was broken last night. I haven't been telling many people cause they get hung up on the money or "what do u need that for" " look at my belly" etc. hubby has been bugging to tell his mom before I see her again next weekend. She had it done at my age which helps and I have been asking her lots of questions. The thing with his mom is that she's not the warm and fuzzy kind. I thought I was prepared for the phone call but I was very wrong! She got mad. She never asked me how I was or anything, just said " can I ask you something?!" I said " sure" she yells at me " how in the world are you paying for this?!? Where did you get the money?!" I said " we worked it out and this is why I don't tell a lot if people cause they get hung up on the money. My mom doesn't even know but it's because I don't want her to worry about me. I told her that hubby wanted me to tell her before our visit next week. She proceeded to tell me the kids and I aren't invited. Just her son. I couldn't continue talking. I was an emotional mess. Hubby walked in the door and seen me. I could hardly breathe. The phone rang and she said " what did u say this time?!?" Unreal. I had to take an Ativan. I was a mess for over an hour. People need to learn how to turn their filters on and keep them on. I've been nothing but good to her. I'm a people pleaser and I try way too hard with those who like me the least.

Thanks Kats mom. I'm still not over it. She hasn't called back. I have no idea what's happening for Christmas but I do know that she will hold a grudge for years ... Even though I did nothing against her. I'm not sure why she feels she can speak to me that way. I don't know anyone who treats her as well as I do. It means the world to me that I have the support of others that understand. Thank you.
My thought is, you tuck your kids into bed on Christmas Eve, you wake to find Santa came Christmas morning and you make memories with your kids and husband that warm your heart! if she chooses not to participate you still end with a great day with your family. In psychology there is this concept of projection. People at some level recognize their own shortcomings, but rather than work them out, they project them onto others around them. Sounds like MIL is doing that, and it is her loss because pushing good people away just ends up making you alone. I'm not a psychologist (because I'd go all Dr Phil on people like her) but we all know enough to know that some people are happier being unhappy. Just be glad she didn't screw up your hubby in the process!
Wow. Just wow. What a wretched thing to say to you. Like everyone else here I'd like to take her out to the woodshed and beat some sense into her. I told Jobaby this too - don't let anyone take away your happy. Your one PO pic looks good! Once you can peek under that cg I bet you love love love what you see! Meanwhile, your MIL can just go steep and stew in her own misery while you, your hubby and your kids enjoy yourselves. If you are like most of us, you never put yourself first. But for once, with the tt, it feels good to do it, so enjoy it.

Day 4 post op - 1st drain out

The first few days weren't so bad really. Today was my worst. I had a dr appt today so u decided to wash my hair while hubby took the kids to school. Took my walker and washed my hair over the sink then I did my make up while sitting down. That was enough to wear me out. When hubby came home I was on the hunt for my bandages. I completely wore myself out and needed a nap and 2 dilaud. Woke up loopy but I had to get into the shower and get ready for the appointment. Hubby was not sure if he could stomach taking off the bandages. Then by the time he was fumbling with the binder I almost passed out. It was awful. He was about to call 911.
We made it there. I had a lot of gas pain. Gasx doesn't work and still softener a made it worse.
Doc was very impressed in incision. Said it was perfect. I tore a stitch in my belly button but he said or will be ok. Took out the drain. Felt like someone put a cigarette out on my skin and didn't take it off! Really hurt. I see him again on a Friday for the second one.
The next couple if days I really have to take it easy. Hubby goes back to work on Thursday and I have to get the kids off by myself.
Took 2 quick pics. I'm very hunched.

You look awesome!!! We're the same height and I weigh 4 lbs more than you :) So excited to see your progress! I am 5 weeks out now.
Awww, so sorry to hear of your experience with your mother in law. Some people can be so heartless. And you're right, guess ya gotta put on a "filter"...even then it can't always prepare ya for everything. Just don't talk to her for awhile, if that's feasible. Anyhoo, you are looking fabulous, seriously. And I really think I WILL get a walker, if for no other reason than confidence. I get woozy easily, and don't wanna take a chance of falling. Hubby will be home with me for about two weeks, so that's good. But wanna get moving independently as soon as possible. As everyone is saying here, REST REST REST! Keep us posted when you can. MUCH love and (((hugs))).
Your incision looks really low ;) Good luck in your recovery x

Day 5 - I understand swell hell

Took my bandages off to clean my bb and drain sites. Had my camera ready and .... Whoah!!! Who's belly us this ?!?! I am soooo swollen. My own fault I'm sure. I'm getting up too much and not drinking enough water. Seems like my life has been simplified for me and I still can't do that. Needless to say I didn't want a pic. I've been up for 3 hours and really need a nap. Hubby had to get car inspected and left my almost 4 year old home. I have to get her to her autism school in an hour. It will be my first time driving. Didn't take any narcotics today but will when I get home. I need some deep sleep. Thank you to all my peeps for comments and suggestions. Now I need to be a good girl and heed some of it!

Thank you for your post. Like you, I have told very few people about my plans. Even had a friend try to talk me out of it. My surgery is eight days away. I haven't told my mother or mother-in-law and now I am not. It's my money and I've saved really hard for this. Good luck as you heal.
You absolutely right @ ready in NM ! Good luck in your upcoming surgery ! Looking forward to seeing you in the flat side.
Do you have to drive? I went out around one week post sx to grocery store.....I felt overwhelmed and in pain. It was much more than I thought. Be careful. I am almost 4 weeks and I notice at night I am swollen. Rest is good. Up some.....sit down some. Lots of fluids.....keep your binder on tight! I have been binder free for a day now and I realize what a friend that thing was....lol. Good luck and please, please....take it easy. I have 5 kids....I know some things can't be helped.....just try to keep the load light....you don't want to mess this up.

Learned my lesson

Hubby got home early and took 4 year old. My older daughter came over and drove me to the stores. She wheeled me around and did everything. It still wore me right out. I'm back home, horizontal and took my meds. Tomorrow I'm not doing a thing. I expect too much of myself sometimes. I'm going to be good girl from now on.

Good! rest, eat and more rest.
Rest up girlie, there will plenty of time for running around soon. Great you even felt like getting out...what a champ! Take care
Welcome to the flat side. Take it easy.

Day 6 pics

This morning I am less swollen so I took some pics. Still very hunched. I took a muscle relaxer today to see if that will help. Today is rest day and see if I can stand straighter day. Would love to sneak in a bath since I don't smell the best....

You be surprise how quickly time passes - I think you have passed the roughest part. It def gets easier day by day. Happy healing!
Today I hit three weeks, and it is night a day difference from how I felt on day 7. Hang in there, you're well on your way to feeling much better.
I needed to hear that. Hard to believe I'll feel normal anytime soon ;))

Day 7 - Mistake not to take my meds last night

Kind of a mess this morning. Last night i went to take my meds and hubby thought I should skip them cause I took 2 muscle relaxers through the day. Huge mistake. I'm in a lot of pain. When I stand the back pain overtakes the belly pain and vs versa when I sit. Waiting for the meds to kick in as I'm useless at this point. I have to get kids ready for school and drop the youngest off. Thankful my daughter stayed overnight. I swore I wouldn't say I regretted this surgery but I can honestly say I'm hurting so bad it's hard not to think those thoughts. So I sit here crying and hoping it goes away

Rest, rest, rest. Keep up on your pain meds... It does get better much better!!
Oh no it will get better. Sending healing angels your way.
You are a couple days away from your upswing. I promise. My husband is now reminding me that I was crying saying it wasn't worth it. Now at 4 weeks I am trying on dresses and amazed at my new belly. Your day is on its way. Years ago, I had depression issues and drank a little too much. So now I don't like to take anything that can be abused. I stopped the meds at 6 days. It's rough, I know how you feel. You are day or two away......seriously. Hang in there.

Second drain out - :))

Still very hunched over today. I am also feeling more burning and sharp pain now and then. Seen dr and he assured me that I was doing great and he took out the second drain. He told me that from now on I will notice a big difference in how quickly things will progress. I'm thrilled. I've already been able to get around less hunched this evening. Yay :))

I feel you on the pain and sharpness.. I still have all 3 drains in there are horrible monday can't come fast enough. I hope your feeling better today. .
I fully get the feelings of up and sometimes you think why'd I do this. I think we need to say ok we will feel bad for a month give our bodies time it's a massive operation. You sound like your doing alot of running around doing family stuff already I'm the same post op time as you and there's no way I could be driving around dropping my kids off to school etc I know something's can't be helped but you need to look after you first.
Thanks Mumma5. I'm doing waaaay too much and today reality hit. I'm usually so busy and as soon as I feel good I start doing a lot more than I should do. Yesterday I had to make supper for 9. Even with the help of my daughter it was exhausting. Today is a chill day and my body is not happy with me. Hunching is worse than yesterday. Thankfully I get alone time for a few hours.

So I went for a pee ....

Today was a total Debbie Downer Day. If it wasn't for some of my RS pals I would have ate my way through it. I had enough of the hunching and swelling and the uselessness of my former non stop body.
Then tonight I went for a pee .... And I looked down at my new belly. It's hard and swollen but only half the size of the one that used to hang over my vijay jay. I would constantly grab the handful of flesh and be excited to know that it would someday be gone. It's not gone... But I can't grab a handful anymore.

Listen to your body and work on limiting your activity. If you don't give your body time to heal, it will take longer and may compromise results. I know it is hard, but you'll be better off in the long run. You may be amazed at how much your family will do for you, and how much more greatful they will be after seeing all you do. Good luck and I hope you have quick healing.
Bad hunch day for me as well weird how the body heals. Hoping your taking it easy cooking for 9 isn't easy mind you. Us mums just can't stop I've been having mini meetings all day with mine one at a time just catching up laying down the rules incase they forget I'm still in the house and hear everything that's going on lol. That mumma hearing still works. My kids have loved having a captive still mum laying in bed chatting away. One of my sons 9 just lied in bed for an hour with me tonight playing his DS quiet with me stroking his hair I loved it we are so busy in life these days we forget how to just be quiet.
Ah, that is so sweet your little guy hung out with you for a while. I miss those days with my girl, but she's a teenager who is always on the go. I would love a snuggle like you got!

What is this?!?! Gross ... It's getting bigger

I found this gross watery blister yesterday. Today it's twice the size. Does anyone know what it is? I had no heat on it. Soooo icky.

Hi,you look amazing. as for the blister, PLEASE call your ps right away! don't mess with any unusual or unexpected stuff as far as wound healing goes. Infection is the enemy. Please keep us posted!!
Hang in there. You are looking great - the healing is the only way out of the weird funky swell hell and TT blues the first few weeks. Don't forget you are going to shrink but you are still healing.

I'm starting to see a difference !

Day 13, practicing standing straighter by going next to the wall and putting my shoulders back. It's working. Today I feel great ( except for the cold I woke up with) and it's a snow day for the kids. My plan is to get them to help me clean this place up before heading outside to play. They are a lot faster than I am, lol.

Took some pics. You can see the blister. Hoping it doesn't scar. I found out it was a friction blister. My PS told me to pop it and put peroxide on it. My boss ( a nurse ) told me to leave it as there are healing properties in there (?). I couldn't stomach popping it. Thankfully it did in its own and I put the peroxide on.

I wore my full body sausage suit yesterday and it made a big difference. I had to take it off when I got home as it was so tight. My cg from the hospital is way more comfy.

Sleeping on my side for 2 nights. First night was hard. Second better. I turn every few hours. I have 3 soft pillows under my head and a stiff one between my legs. My back thanks me in the morning!

You look awesome! Congrats!! :)
Hey Lisalicious I'd love to sleep on my side but still can't. I love the contour of your tummy your ps did a great job!!!! I feel like I may be turning a corner in my recovery I'm a bit scared to say it but I've had a good day today.

I guess I'm perfect....that's what my PS tells me ..

Went to see my PS today to check out the blister. He also got to see my scar without the steri strips for the first time. He said it looked perfect. Everything I asked I go " perfect". I told him he was saying perfect a lot so he switched to great. Lol. I'm doing great, it looks great, he couldn't be more pleased. Made me feel a lot better. I had accidentally put tape over the blister. When I pulled the tape off I also pulled the new skin off. Ouch. He told me to put Vaseline on it and cover with bandage before I tape. So now I'm using micropore tape and I've read good things about it. Plus it's very inexpensive which is a bonus.

Other than getting a perfect rating from my PS, I'm walking a little straighter all the time. Hard to believe the difference in just a few days. I'm aiming for total upright posture by Christmas morning ;))

Oh... Got a nasty cold/flu. Woke up last night terrified of coughing. I grabbed hubby and told him to "GET ME UP". Quickest I've seen either of us move, lol. I raced to the Halls( syrup center - works really well) and then the fridge. Just drank the syrup right from the bottle. I ended up on the couch propped up, cold and had all my stuff lined up if I needed it. Woke up with a fever and I felt like crap. I couldn't help but cough some and my insides felt like they were in fire. Each time I'm thinking I'm damaging something. Pharmacist said to pair Tylenol 3 with DM cough syrup and boatloads of water. Apparently codeine is the best cough suppressant. The downside is it makes me very alert. So it's 1:30 in the morning and I'm still ready to roll. Got to get to bed and pray I don't cough.

Lastly, updated pic. It looks better each day I can stand straighter. At first my bb just looked like it was soooo off. My belly is swollen and shiny. My daughter said it looks like I rubbed oil all over it. She wanted to know if my boobs will be shiny like that after their done, lol.

Best try to get a few hours in before the first kiddo or puppy wakes up.

Your results look amazing! My daughter has a dry cough and my surgery is Friday. My biggest fear is to have a cold / flu during post op... How are you doing with that?
You look great lisa, good for, happy healing & happy holidays * hugs*
Good for you......oops!

3 weeks today and 1st day for a wee bit of cardio

21 days today! What a ride this had been. I'm almost over my cold and I went back to the gym today for a little cardio. PS gave me the ok as long as I didn't hurt. Just walking though. So I put in an hour at 2.4 mph. At first I felt like a real slacker but when I tried to go any faster it hurt. It was the very most my busy could do so I accepted that. Wore my hospital CG as I was afraid the girdle wouldn't be enough support.

This morning I was the least swollen and it felt good but I forgot about pics. I managed to snap a few tonight. It's coming along pretty good. Still trying to stand up without a hunch but every day gets better!

Oops ... Scolded puppy and pushed wrong button. More pics

21 days of progress

Thanks for posting your story. Hope I do as well as you have done and with little ones at that! I'm 51. My children are grown and I plan to be a couch potato when I get home from the hospital :))
Good for you...Go for it! Congrats

Time to start eating right

A year ago on Dec 30th I started my weight loss using Myfitnesspal. I stopped logging my food about about 6 months ago but it's time I start again. My goal is to look amazing by the end of February.

I was at the gym again today on the treadmill. I'm not a big fan of the treadmill as I like a bigger burn. The classes are more my thing. Anywhooooo... I was DYING to break out in a run. I did bump it up to 3 mph but that was my max without feeling like I was gonna rip something. The fact that I was at the gym felt great but sad also as I really miss it.

I see my PS again tomorrow. Will update again with pics next time.

You are looking good. Listen to your bodies limits.
Loved reading your story. You look great !!! Happy healing :-)
Your PS did a really good job, now I understand why my doc said that I should try to get off about 10lbs before getting any surgery, he said my results would be better.

Couple of pics

Today marks my 1 year to a better body. Last year I weighed 179 on this day. Today I weigh 149. My goal is another 8 pounds then sculpting and shaping once I get the okay from my PS. Time back I would have lost more before my surgery but my body liked 149-151 and I stayed that weight since the summer. Cleaning up my diet ;)

You are looking great! And I have been experiencing the same thing! My body is loving the 149-151 lb mark too! And it's so frustrating! I want to be 140 as well! I've been there before, but of course that was before all of my babies. The smallest I've been since having them is 142, but that doesn't last long. I would love to push myself to lose more, but with homeschool, house work, three little ones (under 6yrs), and the closest gym being 40 min away.. It's nearly impossible! :/
Jess.. You look great. Super fab butt. I've got butt envy. My Dd says I have diaper butt now, lol. Your surgery is coming up soon. Do your best to cut out the sugars and hidden cals. I know it's hard to find the time or energy for a burn so why not dance? 3 songs would give you a 10 min burn. The kids would love it. You're going to look great! Xox
3 songs.. That's actually a really good tip, thanks! :) And thanks for the butt envy, makes me feel good. :) I hope my results are at least close to yours! Thanks for your continued updates, they're very inspirational.

4 weeks today

It's night time so I may look more swollen. Tummy still numb. Last night was almost burn free :))
Treadmill again @ 2.5 mph. I will try a bit faster tomorrow. Overdid it last week and couldn't even do 10 mins. Gave it a couple days break and trying again.
Should also mention I lost my butt. Very sad. It's flat as a pancake. My capris are not very attractive, lol. I was starting to like my new booty.

You look great! Looking hot!
You have done amazing!! Mine is in a couple days!! I can only hope ^^
You ate looking great!! Keep up the positive attitude.

I had a date with the treadmill....

I had a date with the treadmill today. Thought I would try 3.0 mph for 30 mins. I actually did 3.5 mph for 45 mins with no burning or pains at all!! Without hinder either. Sooo excited! If all goes well I'm repeating this tomorrow. I got the go ahead after 6 weeks for all exercises and this will def help with the transition.
For all you tt's, listen to your body if it tells you to stop but it doesn't hurt to try a bit more. I'm at 4 weeks and 3 days.
Also... Slept without the pillow under my legs last night. No burning or zinging pains. I woke up nice and flat. It's amazing what a difference a few days make!

Night time Pic.

I am loving your new figure! You look great!!!
AWESOME shape! Talk about your hourglass, NICE. I would LOVE some version of that ;-). Keep rockin it GIRL! Continued good healing and shaping (((HUGS)))
You do look lisalicious!! :-). Glad u r not going thru swell hell. I am going thru it and stopped taking pics :-). Hopefully my doc clears me for treadmill this week! Your workouts seem to be building gradually which is great!! Thx for sharing!

5 week update

Just a quick 5 week update with pics. Last week I pushed myself at the gym and over did it. My tummy felt like a bed of hot coals and I felt miserable. So I stopped the gym until next week. It's not worth it.
Started scar away. Scar is still raised. Husband still won't look at it :/

My hubby won't look at my scar as well he says that its not my body haha... but I know ho will get used to it ...you are looking great !
Thanks :) hubby is just starting to force himself to look at it and I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. He days it doesn't look like my body either. Men ....
hey love! You look super great! If you want your tummy to be ultra flat (no muscle bulges or inflammation/swelling) try using an abdominal board. I started using one at 2 weeks and within hours my tummy was flat, stretch marks and all. It will also help with keeping the inflammation at bay around your internal sutures which will bring the "puffiness" of your tt incision down. Happy healing luv!!!

6 weeks and I'm turning to flubber...

Seriously losing all my hard work. I have lost and gained then lost and gained 3 pounds. I think I may have gained more as I lost muscle. I don't even recognize this new flubbed body. Good news is I'm cleared for all exercises and back to work Monday. I'm going to make my mind up and get back into the game. I'm a bit nervous to get back to the classes but I'm not going to think about it. Just do it. Anyhow, this past week I've felt the best. Also went on a shopping trip today and got some new clothes. I'm the same size but my shape is so off its hard to get clothes that flatter me. Once I start exercising I hope to change that. Posting some pics. Last one is my dream belly. I hope to post one just like this on my 6 month anniversary :)

Looking really good. That dream tummy photo is EVERYTHING!

Just a few split shots ....

;)

Don't worry about the ground you've lost. It comes back pretty fast. I followed all my ps rules and started slow. I am now back to full steam high impact cardio kickboxing stuff. No core stuff like crunches, but pretty much everything else. And my muscle tone is coming back already, so don't sweat it. But....don't freak if your swelling gets worse once you start getting more hard core. It's normal....annoying, but normal. lol.
You look great!! Your incision is awesome!!
Great progress lisa! Nice pictures. Hope you keep getting the look you want! I'm on my way to getting back to regular exercise too. Good luck

7 week update

Went to PS for follow up. He's very pleased with incision. Says this is the worse time of it for redness and it's looking great. Flattening out more.

Looking amazing :)
ABSOLUTELY beautiful, congrats :-D
Thanks girls!! Xox

8 weeks - better all the time :)

Feeling great! I went to my first body pump class last Monday and was sore for days. Went a lot lighter but it was just right. Looking to get back to a regular routine of exercise soon.

Looking FAB!

Comparison

U can see a little change each week

He told me he would wait for the classes till 8 weeks and ease my way into abs. If it hurts then stop. My stomach is still numb and I did try the abs z couple times but it hurt so i stopped. I am concentrating on getting rid of the softness on the rest of me. I'm not going to work the abs for quite awhile. I read on here that some drs want u to wait 8 months.
Did you do the ab work at the end of body pump? i love body pump and cant wait to get back in the gym. i alsi do body combat. im worried about hurting myself as i resume working out next week at my 6 week po.
I skip the ab work at the end. It's not worth risking it and it's all tight anyways. I didn't feel up to pump at 6 weeks even though I got the go ahead. PS said it would better to wait till 8 weeks for the classes. I haven't gotten back to combat yet

10 weeks - look the same

I don't see any more difference in the last couple of weeks I have only got to the gym once a week too :( Hard with kids and hubby's new schedule.
My muscles are quickly adjusting though. Each weight session gets better n better. I'll be back to lifting my normal weight in the next couple of weeks. Still not doing the abs though.
I've also taken off some of my previous photos. A friend informed me that anyone can see these and even though I don't mind my body naked, I wouldn't want my neighbour or do worker knowing it's me, lol

Omg!! You look awesome! How much weight are you lifting now? How much do you usually lift? I've been doing the elliptical and lifting 20 lbs. it feels like nothing compared to what I'm used to. Do u still wear a garment, binder??
Lol! Doing good. Belly still numb. I do my busy pump classes. I can squat about 40 pounds. I was up to 45 before surgery. I avoid all an exercises. It's all depending what I'm doing as to how much I lift ;) I tried body combat tonight but it was too much and I left after 20 mins. My belly was having spasms. I stopped the binder last week. I wear a little spanx thing when I'm out and about. Not when exercising. I think I'll start the binder again at night. My belly feels funny without it. Your results are wonderful. U must be thrilled!
Lookin lovely. I think you have one of the BEST results I've seen. Congrats and keep up the awesome work ;-)

11 weeks

Loving my belly and scar. I put a little make up in it today and it looks fab. Next I'm working on my butt. Tried combat last night and I wasn't ready. Sticking with pump and I think I'll start up my shred video again ;)

You look amazing! I say to your comments about family that doesn't understand: why wouldn't you look this good, if you can?? And girl you look fabulous!!!
Was feeling a bit down today (life stuff) but you totally made me feel great :))
I was looking at your pics you look amazing ;) gives me hope ..

13 1/2 weeks

Seen my PS today. He said he couldn't be happier with my results and most importantly he said that this is not my final results .... That I'm actually going to get FLATTER!!!! Over the moon! Will post a pick on week 14. So for all of you wondering if you're gonna get flatter ... Oh yessss u are!!!!!!

You look smoking hot, girl! I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 149 but I don't look nearly as curvy as you! Never will either and just have to live with my apple shape.
Thanks :)) I am liking my curves. I'll have to check out your apple ... Lol
You look like a different person. I am slightly larger than you pre's, but not much. I have never had a waist line. My hips are 35" and waist 32"! I was 185 lbs 1 time when in a rehab. I want this in the worst way but still paying for other procedures I had in August.

Just over 14 weeks

Tummy still has numbness but I'm cool with that. Scar is red but I'm good with that too. Spring is coming so I'm cleaning up my diet. Hoping to go down one size. Go me!
Big thank you at all my RS sisters! Big bear hug for each of u!!!!

You look good!! It takes time to change our bad eating habits. I'm right there with you. I started changing my eating habits lady year begiry surgery. Now to stick with it, so I can tone and lose a few more lbs. You can do this.
Beautiful. I need a frontal of you to add to my profile as a picture of my "dream tummy"!
You look amazing!! I love that bathroom, owls are my favorite!!

16 weeks and swelling

Not sure what's going on but swelling has taken over! It's been gradual over the last week. My co-worker was the first to inform me that she noticed "my paunch". That was on Monday. Every day got worse. Last night I was even bigger than before my surgery. Put my binder on tight last night- terrible sleep but it has gone down some. I'm home sick today so I'm wearing it all day. I've been exercising more .. Could that be it??? Still avoiding ab exercises. I did read if there is visceral fat around your organs then they will protrude. I was at a good weight when I started this. Oh .... About that .... I'm up a few pounds too. Calling the doctor on Monday if it doesn't get better. Going to try massaging too. If I find a solution I will def share!!!

Have you really changed up your exercising? While it is somewhat strange to suddenly out of the blue have major swelling where you didn't at all, if you haven't been exercising and just started.....or suddenly increased you exercise, it sure could do it. I have had swelling troubles all along, but I started working out pretty early on. And....when I increase it, my swelling is worse. The last month seems worse to me.....and in the last month I added weight training to my regular cardio and circuit stuff. Let us know what your doc. says. And know you are NOT alone! Also, I think those of us who started out thin really notice the swelling big time when it happens. Hang in there. I know all too well the frustration of swell hell.
I'm squatting heavier but pretty much the same .. Just 2 days a week. I've been increasing my cardio though. Just machines. Not feeling the love for combat yet, lol. I've had the binder on since last night and all day. It's def helping. Thanks for the encouragement and I will def post what dr says :))
Funny, I've started keeping the binder on after I exercise (I wear it during) and I swear it helps the swelling go down faster. My doctor says the binder won't help swelling at this point, but I'm gonna wear it anyway. I have the Spanx thing I wear during cardio and during weight training I get the post op. binder out and really make sure the bottom half is super tight, since that's where I swell terribly. I'm increasing my weight this month (from failure at 10-12 reps to failure at 6-8 reps with heavier weights) and am scared of what it might do, swelling wise. I'm at the point where I thought things would be winding down (5 months), not staying the same or getting worse. Sigh. When do you see your dr.?

17 weeks

An update on the swelling.... Wearing the binder the last few days ( I've been home sick with the flu ) and the deep massages with coconut oil seemed to do the trick. It helps that I haven't been eating much either due to being sick. I'm adding a pic I took today. The first pic was taken last summer before my consult. I was a couple of pounds heavier but pretty much the same. Tummy looks ALOT better!

Thank you for you message earlier today. I have read your entire blog and I think it is best on RS. I love how you put so many pictures of your progress. It really shows how things change from week to week. I really connect with everything you said, including the comments (how can you afford it, how much, why?, you are crazy, etc.). I have five big supporters and as long as I have their support. I have not told all the others that WILL JUDGE me, they can just put a cork in it! I have decided I am going to do this, my date is set, it is paid for and I just getting ready to get "flat" with all the other beautiful people out there on RS. You look wonderful! I hope that I can be as "perfect" a patient as you. I'm trying to read everything out there about how to keep my new look.
Keep that positive attitude and you'll do fabulous!
You look amazing. I haven't told any extended family fearing the same response. Believe in yourself and your immediate family for strength. Thanks for your response for my upcoming procedure. If you get the breasts done, do it for yourself as being a mere male, I can tell you men are always fascinated with breasts whatever the size or shape! My surgeon said that a 3 month interval between procedures would be comfortable. Hope this helps.

8 month pics

Struggling with a 9 pound weight gain. I lose a few then find them again. Overall my TT looks good. Need to make time to hit the gym again. ;)

You look fantastic !!
Thanks bunches ;)
Looking amazing!
Dr. Geoffrey Cook

Dr.Geoff Cook is a sweetheart. Sat in the chair beside me and let me ramble on. Very funny and confident. I have no worries whatsoever about his work.