32 Yr Old Ready to Have my Body Back - New Tummy and New Boobies :) Saint George, UT

To think that I used to have perky boobs and a...

To think that I used to have perky boobs and a decent looking tummy seems like a fairytale I dreamed up, but I think at one point I did...Until I got pregnant. The birth of my son was the greatest blessing of my life, but boy did my body go downhill (totally worth it though). I gained 100 lbs during my pregnancy, and about 4 1/2 years ago I lost 90 lbs of that, which I've kept off ever since. Although I've lost the weight and have maintained the loss, I am left with loose skin and sagging of my breasts and tummy. I've wanted this surgery for so long, and now that it's almost here I am getting so darn nervous. I pray that I've picked the right Dr. I hope that my results will be great! I hope that my recovery goes smoothly.

Unfortunately we can't know the answers to any of that until we actually DO IT! What I can say is that reading some of the stories on RS has really helped me mentally prepare (as much as one can be prepared) for what I am about to put my body through. I am scared, but so very excited to get on the other side - from Pre-op to Post-op.

Today is my pre-op appointment with Dr. Peterson. I am going to be picking the size of my implants, which I'm stressing out about picking the right size, and I will also be getting all of my pre-op instructions. I am getting a BL with saline implants (under the muscle) and a tummy tuck w/muscle repair (no lipo - been there done that lol).

I plan on getting all of my post-op supplies together this weekend (any tips would be very helpful). I can't believe it's almost here! Ok, I will keep updating and will be adding some Before pics soon.

Sad tummy . Before

2nd attempt at before Pics

Here are some before pics of my very sad tummy and deflated, low hanging boobies. Can't wait for things to be put back where they belong. Trying to stay on the excited side of things and not let the crazy nerves get to me. Every time I think about cancelling (due to fear), I just look at that stomach and remind myself that I earned this and I deserve it!

3rd times a cham

For some reason my photos won't post? Sorry about the multiples. I will figure it out someday ;p

Picking a size?!?!

I went to my pre-op yesterday and decided on 400cc saline implants, and I am now having second thoughts about the size. I want to go a little smaller to 350cc implants. I am already a C cup with my own breast size and 400's just seem huge. Here are some rice sizers that I put in this morning and they are 360cc's (approx.) Thoughts?
Welcome! Glad you are posting. I like the 360's, you look great with those, nice and natural, not too big, not too small. You and the PS can decide though. Can't wait to hear more on your journey. St George is soooo beautiful! Best of luck.
Depending on the level of lift your getting your going to be losing skin and tissue, not just adding. I think 25cc is the equivalent of 2tbs. Plus going under the muscle will make it look smaller. I don't know anyone personally with saline, they (like me) have silicone cohesive gel, so saline may be different especially if they are overfilled. I know it's a difficult decision :) look at before pictures close to yours and afters that you like and see what type, size and profile they have. I personally don't know anyone who wished they went smaller ;) good luck and keep us posted.
I like the smaller ones, but that's just my preference. I also run the implant removal community, so I see lots of ladies who are unhappy with a too large size. That said, most doctors report that the biggest regret is generally not going big enough. You'll have to follow your gut on that one. :) Please keep us posted! Hoping you get your fairytale body back.

2 DAYS AWAY!!!!

I am beyond scared and nervous!?! I can't believe it's almost time! I'm trying to remind myself of all the reasons I want to do this, but a part of me just wants to cancel, or reschedule. I'm a nervous person by nature so this is sending it to a new level.

Will post a few more before pics tonight.
Good luck. Can't wait to see pictures

Less than 24 hours to go!

I just got the call... Reporting for surgery at 6am tomorrow morning. This is so surreall and I'm so nervous that my body is going numb or something... Just emailed the doc to see if I can take a Valium. I'm nervous about the pain for sure, nervous about the results and if it will be worth it, but surprisingly right now I'm most worried about the anesthesia and not waking up. I know people do this every day and I'm sure it will all go well, but there's the nervous side of me that just won't listen to reason.

Well here are my last before photos... Tomorrow I will be on the other side... Recovery
6 am will be here before you know it. Now take the time and breathe....just breathe. Relax all your muscles, and take all those worries Out of your mind. Think positive, healing thoughts, and picture yourself a couple of months from now, and how amazing you will look. We are here for you on RS, supporting you through it all. Positive healing thoughts!
Thank you for the positive words of encouragement. As much as I've wanted this I'm starting to feel how very real it is. I will be taking a Valium tonight to calm my nerves.
Thanks!

Post op! Woohoo!

I'm way to tired to post anything in great detail but I'm now post op! I am sore, but the pain so far isn't as bad as I thought it would be. My boobs actually hurt worse than my tummy as of right now...didn't expect that! Im wondering if it's because of the pain pump? Anyway, I haven't gotten to see anything so I'm assuming at my post op visit tomorrow morning I will get to check it out.

I haven't gotten to see them but I definitely see cleavage ;)
Oh yes....for sure some cleavage , best healing vibes to you. And thanks for posting and and letting us see a glimpse?
I just wish I would stop feeling nauseous! I've thrown up once already and I feel the second time coming up, I know I need to take the pain medicine but I can't keep feeling like this :( thinking of trying the Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
Remember to eat a little something before you take any pain meds. It may help with the nausea. Hoping it will help.

Show me show me!

My first post-op appt with my PS is about 1 & 1/2 hours away. Bright and early at 7am. Can't wait to see what things look like under all of these tubes, wraps and garments! I also get my catheter out this morning thank goodness.
Here are a few more cleavage pics since it's all I can see lol
Also, I ate a lot of pineapple. I have a nutribullet and made smoothies with greens and protein and had no bruising and healed great. Also drank green tea daily. I think all that helps with healing :)
What did you end up getting? So far looks good! YAY!! What a relief right?
Went 410 on left and 440 right saline implants. I'm feeling pretty good! Hubby says I'm doing great!

Post op day one.

Here are my day one pics .... Long way to go but overall feeling pretty good.
You look great! Hope you have a speedy recovery!!
Awwww thanks!
Great results! You look amazing! Nice waist, nice breast, nice BB. Way to go girl! Now it is time for you to take care of you! Best healing vibes being sent! Happy you have a pain pump too!

Day 3 Post

I've been pretty tired and out of it the last few days so I didn't want to post a bunch of gibberish. I'm a little more "with it" today and it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm trying to take less pain medication. I did throw up a few hours after surgery and I'd like to avoid doing it again if possible.

I have to say that I thought recovery would be harder than this and a lot more painful... But I am pleasantly surprised. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, but it's tolerable for sure. It's a whole lot of soreness and discomfort, but not hardcore pain. I've had tooth pain that is worse than this for sure. For me I'd say that the swelling is the worst part and the least expected. My thighs are almost double their size and they look like tree trunks :/. It's only temporary I know, but my pants that were loose before don't fit now lol.

Anyway, Went to my 2nd post op appt today and Dr. Peterson says I'm doing great and moving around very well :) hooray for mobility. I do require a lot of assistance for some things, but I am able to stand up on my own and go to the bathroom so I'm very happy about that! I got my catheter out on Wednesday, and my pain pump out today so all that's left are the two drains.
I am so grateful to my wonderful support of my hubby, my mom, and my doctor and all his staff. Everyone has been so wonderful!

I get to shower today so I will do it in a few hours and try to get some pics to post.

Time for a nap...Happy healing to all :)
You look great! I love having a flat stomach and boobs that don't flap/ slap when I run.. Haha. I was so excited to have a flat stomach again I never really got the "what have I done" blues. I'm six months out and still I am still pretty much numb below the belly button but other then that everything was back to normal at the one month mark. Hang in there it is soooooo worth it!
Thanks! I've actually seen the swelling in my legs go down significantly and have lost around 5 lbs of fluid retention in 2 days... Lots of trips to the bathroom ;) im feeling better today and haven't taken any pain meds in 24 hrs. Only ibuprofen and Tylenol. I'm trying to be more patient with myself and allow time to heal
Thanks for the kind and supportive words! I need them right now. Today has been emotional... I've has the why did I do this blues because I am so swollen EVERWHERE. I know it's temporary so trying to stay positive.

5 days post

I feel like I may be turning the corner as I've a lot of people say :) I haven't needed pain meds in about 24 hours and have just been taking ibuprofen and Tylenol.
Thankfully the swelling in my legs has reduced significantly and I have lost about 5 lbs in fluid retention in the past 2 days. Please be prepared for frequent trips to the bathroom! Like every 30 mins to 2 hours. It seems like I'm getting up at night at least 4-5 times.

Everything. Just feels very very tight and uncomfortable but no pain at this point. And I'm nervous/excited that my left drain is ready to come out.

Here are a few more pics. I'm really going to get some better pics today but I have been so exhausted I haven't thought about it. Going to attempt another shower today too :)
Happy healing all!
You look amazing! WOW! and losing weight also. You sound like you are healing well, and with little pain. The settling will take time...hang in there!
Thank you! Today was one of the most tiring so far but I am now showered and in bed :). Both drains are out now (right drain site appears to have a slight infection- will call my PS in the morning). I'm trying to be patient also with the settling. The healing and waiting is definitely the hardest part of the whole surgery process.
For sure call your PS if you think you have an infection

9 days post

Since my last post I have gotten both drains removed :) (it's not pleasant but only lasts a few seconds and totally a relief once they are out). I think yesterday was another turning point for me... I showered all by myself for the first time, put actual clothes on instead of sweats, did my hair a little and put a little makeup on. Hubby was happy when he got home :) today I had another appt with my PS (I drove my self :)) and he seems very pleased with my progress. He said I can remove the steri strips on Tuesday so I can't wait to see what things look like then. I see him again in 4 weeks.

Overall I'm pretty amazed at how il feeling. I've been working remotely from home since Sunday and it's been working out pretty well. I'm feeling better every day. Even went shopping for some wireless bras and a spanx for my tummy today. Tried on a cute tank with NO BRA and I'm amazed that those were my boobs :)

Although I can't see my final results yet, I am confident that I picked the right surgeon. He and his staff are beyond amazing! Dr Peterson answers my emails personally, even on the weekends! And Joley in the office is wonderful! She has called me, texted me, walked me through things on the phone and been so invested in my success and well being! I truly feel cared about and it's pretty awesome! They even sent me a thank you card after my surgery. I really can't say enough about them and that's a pretty cool problem to have :)

I will update again after I take the steri strips off... Hope you're all doing great and feeling even greater!
Yay you! So excited about your first little shopping trip.!!!
:) thanks!
You look great!! I hope you are feeling as good as you look!!

So worth it

I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to do a quick update. I am a little over 6 weeks and happy with my results overall. There have been some small healing concerns where the incisions have some stress spots and they are healing slower and have opened up a few times but finally getting to the point where even those are healing. Swelling is not fun and I wish it would go away already, but I know that all if this is a waiting game at this point. I'm feeling great and can't wait to see the changes as I contour to heal.
Love love Dr. Peterson and his staff. So glad you got the results you wanted. You look FANTASTIC!
You look great! I'm going to Dr Peterson on Monday for my pre-op. I'm nervous on the exact size. I have saline 450cc under the muscle. I got them 10 years ago. My right one went flat last month. So I'm upgrading to silicone and want to go bigger. I'm nervous of the pain too. Good to see a positive review and great results from Dr Peterson. :)
This is exactly why I wanted to give a review and I'm so glad it helps you feel more comfortable. You will do great and so will he :)
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

My interaction with Dr. Peterson and his staff have been wonderful! Dr. Peterson has personally responded to my many email both before and after my surgery. He even responds on the weekends! He seems to have a genuine care about the patients and I don't feel like it's just about $$. His staff have also been very friendly and very easy to talk to. Joley in the office is wonderful! She has called me, texted me, walked me through things over the phone and been so invested in my success and well being! I truly feel cared about and it's pretty awesome! Although I can't see my final results just yet, I am confident that I picked the right surgeon.