You WILL Regret It - Saint George, UT

So, ive always been the ugly guy.years of nasty...

So, ive always been the ugly guy.years of nasty comments, ive got severe acne scars throughout my face and have always heard how ugly i am, etc, etc.

so im 38 years old and have never had any sort of a relationship, hell ive never even asked a girl out.so i feel these scars are the reason so i check into resurfacing. my instincts told me to back out the first time, but i was talked into it, went ok, though. ive tanned for years, and i can see the differencein skin tone from my face, he stopped at my chin line, to my neck and lower, so im very worried about this, well needless to say, i go back for a second time, and tell him my worries about looking ridiculous with a white face(im very pale naturally) and my neck and chest coming up. so he says they can "feather" it in.

well by "feathering i guess he meant he just wouldnt do the lower half of my face(paid for a full face treatment).the whole event was not very friendly, rushed even. so he takes maybe 3 swipes, im not even red a week later( did i mention i never peeled, only maybe 5 or 6 "sanding dots" the first time) well looking in the mirror i notice this obvious skin difference , on my lower face.

so needless to say ive taken cell phone pics, i go in today to point this out, of course noone can see anything, its "shadows" "no way i could have missed that". he did offer to take a few more swipes on the area that is bothering me when i come back in 6 weeks if it is still bothering me. well i think he is obligated to fix this mess. I am that miserable.

my pictures were totally dismissed, i had only $1600 saved up for a total of 4 treatments , and i do not have the money to keep correcting this, i make basically $9.67 an hour. so basically i will have given up all my money and 2 years of my life for nothing, and my skin will never match again.

DO NOT DO THIS. i work at a gas station and i am so miserable dealing with the public i can not stand it. i feel like every persons eyes zoom right to these spots. i am less confident then i have ever been .

Posted a few more pics, the worst of the damage.

posted a few more pics, the worst of the damage.

he was very nice the first time, but the second time was rushed and unfriendly and you see the results

As a girl that gets compliments on her skin, and hit on all the time, I want to let you know I think that your a very attractive man. Men can rock the rough look, and you certainly do. If you find the way to gain self confidence, finding a lady won't be as tough as you think.
The love of my life (who also broke my heart and left me for a women with much better skin than me) had horrible acne scars much worse than your's. He had a glowing personality a terribly crooked nose and a confidence that could kill a mountain lion. He was handsome to me, wasn't bothered by his scars I never really noticed them until a month into our relationship when I started spending time nose to nose with him. Don't let your skin stop you from loving the inside or the outside of you. Men have it much easier. Rough skin on men is rugged and sexy, accept it, rock it. You are an attractive guy!
i don't know how i came across this post, but i saw it and was intrigued about what i would regret. now i feel compelled to tell you that you are not ugly! you should talk to a dermatologist, if you have health insurance its likely covered (a consultation). just say you want to do a skin cancer check. i had some acne scarring, it was minor, but i did a.series of chemical feels and used some special cream and my skin is greatly improved. i hope you find something that makes you feel better. fyi though, most girls just look for confidence (not cocky, confident). just think about all the good things that you have to offer and ask someone out! good luck!
feels=peels, lol
HEY... I don't think ur ugly at all... I'm 29 n if u asked me out (if I wasn't married lol) I'd give u a shot. U need to chill out, take urself a Valium and see the more important things in life. We have scars not the other way around. I hope you find peace and luv for urself :)
Hi LootyLou,

I can completely understand your frustration, anxiety, and depression with acne scars. I started to developed them at 27. I went through a very traumatic experience in my life, and afterward I started having all this trouble with cystic acne. Besides having to accept and attempt to wade through the mental, emotional, physical, and even spiritual hell I was going through, this acne that I had never experienced as a teenager made it even worse. I used to be outgoing and finally thought of myself as "pretty," but going through this broke me. I stopped feeling attractive about myself...tried to drown my sorrows in all the wrong activities...withdrew from my friends...hated being seen in daylight or overhead lights, then even hated being in darkness! Also at the time I worked as a teacher at a horrible school, and some of my students started calling me "Alien." I'm not sure if it was due to the cystic acne or the scars, but it was a terrible experience. Anyway, I said all that just to let you know I KNOW how you feel.

The Fraxel Re:store did nothing for me, either, and I wasted a LOT more money than you did. I had so many sessions that I lost count. I also wound up with a keloid scar when the physician's assistant burned me.

I had the Fraxel Re:pair in July. I'm not convinced I think it was worth the money, but my family tells me my skin looks really good. I certainly still have scars, and will continue to seek a solution. My next step will be a traditional CO2 laser treatment when I have enough funds and the time.

LootyLou, if you didn't read any of the "book" I just typed, make sure you read this. You should consider yourself a warrior...a survivor of sorts because you have been through and continue to go through the tough reality and mental anguish of your scars. You're also much more compassionate than others because of what you've been through. I would suggest -- just as others have -- of looking into therapy. I didn't receive it when I really needed it, but I've come a long way from where I was. It doesn't matter where you work...try seeking out talking to a woman and forming a relationship. I think you are a nice looking guy, and again, because of what you've been through, you're quite compassionate...ladies love that in a man. Keep us informed of what's going on in your life. Keep your head up! :)

Jabberwocky....I truly pray for a solution.  It sounds as though you have suffered enough!!! Best wishes!!!
Thank you very much, FSRB! I have indeed suffered greatly, and I'm continually a work in progress. :) If I can offer a kind word to anyone else suffering out there, I'm all over it!
Hi Lou, I don't know if you still read this, but you shouldn't feel bad about your face at all. It's actually not bad and I think you're blaming all your problems on the wrong thing. If you've never asked a girl out at 38 and you think people pumping gas are staring at you, then you've got some serious psychological disorder. Like a lot of people have said on this site, sometimes it's better to see a doctor and get some prozac or paxil and just chill the hell out. You'll feel better and your face won't bother you anymore because seriously, there's nothing wrong with it.
I look worse that you and was damaged by the lasers, please don't do lasers
I don't think ur ugly :)
I just wanted to let you know that I think your skin looks great and that you should hold your head up high. Confidence is sexy and if you are comfortable with yourself, women will be drawn to that. Something that I say to myself when I'm feeling down is "fake it till you make it!" If you tell yourself how awesome you are, eventually you believe it! I know how easy it is to get down on yourself and internalize what you think you look like externally but I'm telling you as a complete stranger that you are a great looking guy and there are a lot of women out there that would love to be with a man like you. I recommend you ask someone out, the very worst that could happen is you get a no and move on to the next one but I don't even think that would happen, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. It breaks my heart to hear how down on yourself you are feeling and I pray you'll take some of what I said to heart. Keep us updated on how you're doing.

Brooke
Your Cute!!!!!! Smile it will get better!!!!! I think you should consider finding a new job to boost your self esteem! :-) You can do it...... I'm in sales/recruiting/PR... if you need help, message me!

Good Luck
I totally agree with "Neeser" its something with self esteem because you're acne scars aren't bad, don't let that that small stuff get you down, you don't look bad at all,
You are NOT ugly.
I think you will help yourself a lot by finding some sort of sliding scale therapist who won't charge a lot but will help you see yourself in a more realistic light. And by realistic, I mean positive. You are actually a nice looking guy who has a mysterious self esteem problem. Your looks are NOT your problem. Something is messing with your self image. So I hope you can get someone on the outside to help you figure out what it is, because it breaks my heart to hear you describe yourself the way you do. You know, there actually are physically ugly people in the world who have great lives and attractive mates, because looks are truly not everything. And you are NOT ugly, dude. Not even a little. So find out what's making you sad and how to fix it. I wish you the very best in life. You can have it.
You are NOT ugly.
Hello, lootylou well I think your scars are not as bad as you think,and you do need to protect yourself from the sun at all cost from my experience in dealing with my acne scars I know the feeling, I've also tried microdermabrasio. Sessions weekly or you can even buy a package, their about $50 each, anyways I think your scars are not bad. Also Im having the same treatments and you need to have 4 at least to see results and a treatment of. An IPL they run about $100 well good luck and we want to see end results.
Please do not think you are ugly,you are far from it..also you radiate warmth.. that is attractive in itself.I understand the skin issue.I had Fraxel done and ouch! it hurt and to be honest I wasnt impressed.
I am an Aesthetician and licensed to perform skin peels.you would benefit from TCA 30% skin peels or perhaps Jessner and Glycolic peels.They are not expensive at all.I actually perform a full facial( one hour) with an Acid TCA peel for $125.00. Perhaps you could find a Licensed Aesthetician in a Spa who can help you, they are very affective.Dermatologists or Plastic Surgeons charge way too much for doing the same thing... call afew Spas they will definitely be able to help.. and please dont look at yourself and see ugly.. Looking at the comments on here you have quite a following you ''yum pot''.... ;)
I agree with kathi. I think you have a great profile and do NOT think you are ugly! In fact, you look pretty handsome to me! And the ppl on this site who have said that to you, are not saying it just to make you feel better. You really are goodlooking!! I think if you can save the money that maybe you should go to a good dermatologist, if you have one in your area, and get a a high precentage TCA peel instead of this Fraxel. It may even help to correct the damage the doctor did to you and the peels are a little cheaper then the fraxel I wouldn't do the "at home" tca peel that you can order on the web. Go to a doctor to get it done. I know you probably don't have a lot of faith going to another doctor, but I don't trust some of the peels you can buy on the internet. Heard some ppl say they had good results with the "at home" peels, but have also heard a lot of horror stories. Good luck to you handsome dude!
I'm very sorry about your experience. I also have bad acne scars as well and I know it's hard to feel good about yourself when your face is full of scars. I have been very lucky and found a great doctor. I had broken out when I went to do my second fraxel and she told me that I would be wasting my money to do fraxel if I don't first stop my acne from breaking out. She didn't charge me anything and helped me clear my acne. That was a year ago and now I just finished my second fraxel. She went over my face 10x's on high and it hurt like hell but I want results so it's well worth it. My face is swollen and red which I take as a good sign. I can't give up faith that something will help my face improve and I know I'm only on my second one but I'm desperate and would do anything. My recommendation to you it to find a GOOD DOCTOR who listens to you, sets a good plan of action and cares to see results. It's expensive I know but I believe that you will see results.
Your a cute guy,you look a lot like my husband of 26 years.Have you tried glycolic peels and retnia A cream.I've used both of those and also a light fraxel laser peel 4 years ago.I have a very fair completion.If you want to know more details let me know.
Personally, I think you look really good. You have a nice profile and a strong jawline. Many men have double chins or big noses, etc. It just may be possible that when you feel people are looking at you, it is your really good features that they are admiring. I have seen many people throughout my life that have some scars from adolescent acne, and my feeling is that it has become a part of them, like, say....the scar on my lip from when my brother threw a marble at me and split it...mashed it, really. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it if a doctor said he could do it, but if the procedure didn't work out, I would still have the scar, I guess. But, I would still be me...
Fran21 I totally agree!!! I'm sure it's hard to believe cmn from ppl who are on a site about surgery, but we come on here to get advice from others w the same issues as we hv & it's a great support system. Women aren't into a mans physical appearance NEAR as much as they are ours. Sad, but true. My main thing is I want to feel & look the best I can for myself. U hv to be healthy & happy on the inside or the outside doesn't even matter. Hvn surgery will not solve problems so many think that it will. If u are severely depressed about ur appearance get into some volunteer work, find smthn that fulfills your heart & that alone will mk u feel great & u will start to see urself differently. Once ur more accepting of urself ppl will pick up on that & ur life will change. I'm not saying don't hv surgery (or whatever it is u really want) I just believe wrkn on the inside first can mk a world of difference. Good luck Loot & thank u for ur message. Reach out anytime. I'm hear if u need me...we all are. U ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Believe that!
Beauty from within is much more important than just the exterior package. You look fine, build other strengths & you will have what your looking for. A positive can do attitude is very
appealing to most women. Good luck !!
Hi Looty,

I hv read ur post, ppls comments & ur situation w fraxel. I would like to say first how much I admire ur bravery by telling us about what ur going thru. We are definitely our own worst critic. I hate that u feel so bad about urself, but I would be a liar if I said I don't get down on myself as well. I don't hv acne but hv been considering fraxel or some type of laser for some sun damage & lines under my eyes. I honestly don't know what to do. Some ppl had wonderful results & then there are many others just like u who didn't get what they were hoping for or it even caused more damage. I'm so sorry for that! It's not cheap & spending this kind of money makes it even MORE difficult & devastating!!!!!

Do u hv photos of urself of the side of ur face they say they "lost" u can use? I'm not sure how this all works but it seems there can be some other option. Also, I completely understand why u are more than apprehensive about gttn any more treatments by this dr. It might not be ur skin that's the problem, but the dr and/or the treatment ur hvn done is not the right treatment for ur particular skin. I know it's all so confusing & u don't know who to trust or believe. Every dr tells u smthn different. My opinion (not that u asked) is maybe u should stay away from any further treatments from this person & get advise from other drs (if u already hvn't). Try not to get so down on urself & know ur NOT alone!!!!!

Plssssss keep us updated & let us know how ur doing & if there has been any progress w ur attorney & ur case. I am a flight attendant & I know first hand just how mean, rude & hateful ppl can be. I also know these are usually missable ppl themselves & hv their own insecurities so putting others down somehow makes them feel better about themselves. Trust me, they are unhappy in their own skin. Think about it...if u were truly happy & at peace w yourself why would u ever put someone else down? U wouldn't even think that way.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just wanted u to know ur NOT ugly & good things are to come for u. Try to stay positive (easier said than done, I know). Hope to hear from u soon. :)))))