Saddle Bags Gone

I finally had Smart Lipo today (2/9/09) in Santa...

I finally had Smart Lipo today (2/9/09) in Santa Rosa, California. It was a super pleasant experience. The staff were attentive, the Dr was professional and fun, and I ultimately felt very little anxiety or pain.

They put me in a robe and paper panties, I got my area marked (saddle bag/outer thigh) and then got the sterile scrub down. This part was very cold, and I was naked and getting a sponge bath with anticeptic soap in front of two nurses. I layed down on the table, which was heated, and waited for the Dr to come in.

After hthe Dr came into the room they rolled me on to my side and did 4 little shots to numb me up for the holes to be cut in my skin. Those little shots didn't hurt at all. Then they used a big long needle to numb me up. Most of the time the numbing needle didn't hurt, but occasionally it got to the edge of my saddle bag area (into a low-fat area) and it hurt.

Once I was filled with the tumescent fluid from the big needle I really couldn't feel a thing. They then used a metal insturment like a cheese grater to "tear up" some of my fiberous fat (they told me I had very fiberous fat). This felt like someone was using a metal insturment in my leg, but like my leg was that of a dead animals. It didnt hurt, it just felt like there was a lot of back and forth and breaking up of stuff in my numb leg (this may have been the worst part- just because it seems a little barberic). Then came the laser and the suction, both of which were a total non event. No pain, no rough sensation at all.

Then he flipped me over to the other side and started the process all over again. All in all, 400cc's was removed, and they only used less than 1 bag of tumensend fluid  to numb me up.

I am laying in my bed now- writing this- and experiencing no pain at all. But I have peed a few times and my right leg has been shooting out some fluid every time I sit down. Everyone says to be prepared for this- but it really takes you by surprise!

I will update with pictures once I can get the garment off...

Updated: February 20, 2009

Now- 11 days post op I am totally happy. I am uploading some before and after pictures.

My only concern is the scars! I have 4 on each leg, and half of them are healing really well- the other half are looking red and like they are forming scars. I have been using neosporin, vitamin E, calendula oil, and a natural scar oil that is a blend of different herbs and oils.

Anyone have any experience with those silicone pads or anything that really worked? Regardless- I am so happy with my results!

Hi, Im so glad to hear that you are recovering well and happy and not in regret. I have been thinking of doing lipo and was wondering if you could recommend a surgeon in the bay area (or Santa Rosa). I have been reading up reviews, but help from other patients really matters. Thanks in advance.
I am SO HAPPY! I had the smart lipo done on Monday and I took a 3 mile walk on Thursday. I am actually still draining from one incision on my left leg, but barely any bruising. And my right leg stopped draining after about 24 hours and I have one big bruise right under the saddle bag area where the fluid has collected that didn't drain. I can tell a difference already- and I bought a new pair of pants yesterday and look awesome in them! I had a totally of 400 cc's removed from my thighs, so this really was a "sculpting" procedure. If you have lots of fat to remove your recovery may not be as quick. I want to upload pictures but can't find my camera cord... After reading so many horror stories on this site I was pretty nervous- but I have had a wonderful experience. It wasn't "lunch time lipo", but it was pretty close!!! Let me know if you have any more questions. And I'll look for the cord today!
hello there...just wondering how you are healing up? are you happy w/ your results so far? i'm scheduled to have my saddlebags and outter thighs done in march. what more can i expect? thanks so much.

Anyone have advice on how to monomize the scars...

Anyone have advice on how to monomize the scars from Smart Lipo?

can't wait to see more pics! you look so great! how many inches did you lose?
Thanks Amy! I didn't go down a size, but I can fit into a lot more styles of pants that I would have never worn before (still a size 2-4). The clothes I would try on before would be the correct size, but just wouldn't fit my shape correctly. I actually haven't lost any weight on the scale. I once read that fat is like feathers, you can take away a lot and make the shape of your body better- but you won't weigh much less. I had a little cellulite- but not much- my skin texture seems to be the same. Pictures soon- I may wait a week to add more because the last ones are only from 5 days ago.
you look GREAT! did you have any cellulite before the procedure? if so, did it go away after the procedure? can you give us a few more pics? i am very excited to go in at the end of march! did you lose weight? did you go down in clothing size? can't wait to hear from you and see more pics. congrats!

Well- it exactly 3 weeks today post op... I think...

Well- it exactly 3 weeks today post op... I think my shape looks great! Just waiting for these scars to get smaller. I know, 21 days is no time at all... I am hoping by June I can wear a bathign suit and nobody will notice my scars!

I am starting to use a product called Bio Oil today for the scar fading...

i had to move my pre-op to the 18th...my father in law had a heart attack (all is well), but we wanted to travel to be w/ him. so, will they be able to tell how many cc's they will be removing at my pre-op? that's amazing! and they will draw on me too? thanks for letting me know what to expect. i'm nervous and excited at the same time. can't wait to post before and after pics.
Actually- nobody has said anything yet which is nice. I like that this is my little secret and that it is a subtle change that nobody will actually be able to pin point. ;) How was your pre op?
holy cow!!! your results are fantastic! so, are people asking if you've lost weight? what are some of the comments you are getting? looking at your pics makes me excited for my procedure in 2 weeks. my pre-op is tomorrow. did you have to buy new clothes?

I am 5 weeks opst op today. My ass looks great! I...

I am 5 weeks opst op today. My ass looks great! I do have two areas of slight unevenness.

1) there is a scar where they went in on my left leg that is in the middle of a divet. It is like there was a little extra sucked out right at that insertion point. Not really bad, but noticable to me!

2) Under by left butt cheek there is a little groove that is the same shape as my butt cheek, but about 4 inches below it. You may be able to see in pictures.

do you have any current pic's?
I saw full results the next day!!!
Wonderful! How many days until you saw major results?