Saddle Bags Gone

I finally had Smart Lipo today (2/9/09) in Santa...

I finally had Smart Lipo today (2/9/09) in Santa Rosa, California. It was a super pleasant experience. The staff were attentive, the Dr was professional and fun, and I ultimately felt very little anxiety or pain.

They put me in a robe and paper panties, I got my area marked (saddle bag/outer thigh) and then got the sterile scrub down. This part was very cold, and I was naked and getting a sponge bath with anticeptic soap in front of two nurses. I layed down on the table, which was heated, and waited for the Dr to come in.

After hthe Dr came into the room they rolled me on to my side and did 4 little shots to numb me up for the holes to be cut in my skin. Those little shots didn't hurt at all. Then they used a big long needle to numb me up. Most of the time the numbing needle didn't hurt, but occasionally it got to the edge of my saddle bag area (into a low-fat area) and it hurt.

Once I was filled with the tumescent fluid from the big needle I really couldn't feel a thing. They then used a metal insturment like a cheese grater to "tear up" some of my fiberous fat (they told me I had very fiberous fat). This felt like someone was using a metal insturment in my leg, but like my leg was that of a dead animals. It didnt hurt, it just felt like there was a lot of back and forth and breaking up of stuff in my numb leg (this may have been the worst part- just because it seems a little barberic). Then came the laser and the suction, both of which were a total non event. No pain, no rough sensation at all.

Then he flipped me over to the other side and started the process all over again. All in all, 400cc's was removed, and they only used less than 1 bag of tumensend fluid  to numb me up.

I am laying in my bed now- writing this- and experiencing no pain at all. But I have peed a few times and my right leg has been shooting out some fluid every time I sit down. Everyone says to be prepared for this- but it really takes you by surprise!

I will update with pictures once I can get the garment off...

Updated: February 20, 2009

Now- 11 days post op I am totally happy. I am uploading some before and after pictures.

My only concern is the scars! I have 4 on each leg, and half of them are healing really well- the other half are looking red and like they are forming scars. I have been using neosporin, vitamin E, calendula oil, and a natural scar oil that is a blend of different herbs and oils.

Anyone have any experience with those silicone pads or anything that really worked? Regardless- I am so happy with my results!

Anyone have advice on how to monomize the scars...

Anyone have advice on how to monomize the scars from Smart Lipo?

Well- it exactly 3 weeks today post op... I think...

Well- it exactly 3 weeks today post op... I think my shape looks great! Just waiting for these scars to get smaller. I know, 21 days is no time at all... I am hoping by June I can wear a bathign suit and nobody will notice my scars!

I am starting to use a product called Bio Oil today for the scar fading...

I am 5 weeks opst op today. My ass looks great! I...

I am 5 weeks opst op today. My ass looks great! I do have two areas of slight unevenness.

1) there is a scar where they went in on my left leg that is in the middle of a divet. It is like there was a little extra sucked out right at that insertion point. Not really bad, but noticable to me!

2) Under by left butt cheek there is a little groove that is the same shape as my butt cheek, but about 4 inches below it. You may be able to see in pictures.

do you have any current pic's?
I saw full results the next day!!!
Wonderful! How many days until you saw major results?
Hi there,

I wanted to know if now, two years down the road...it was worth the money. Are you saddlebags still gone and are you still happy with your investment. I am in Santa Rosa as well, so I think I know who your Dr. is (dr m). I am considering doing this at 48 years old.

Thanks for any comments you may have, if you still check this posting.
You look great. Mind sharing who your MD was?
Hi there! Your results look fantastic! I was hoping that you could recommend me your doctor as I'd be very interested in scheduling a consultation with him/her! Thanks!
I paid $3,500.
I hope my results show up as great as yours "just wondering". You really look great!
Hey! My cousin just scheduled this procedure and now I am totally interested - the cost makes me hesitate a little - how much did you pay for the saddlebag area? thanks!
Hi there. How are you healing. I am 2 days post op and am feeling really discouraged at the moment. I'm so incredibly bruised and swollen. I feel like I look worse than before. I also feel as though the doctor did not take enough out. I believe he took out 650-700 ccs from both thighs. Any words of advise at this point in the healing process?
Same strength and stamina, a little bit of tenderness still, but no problem running at this point. The scars. You can't see my scars because they are on the side on my legs, and the one that you could see from behind is hidden in my butt cheek fold. But the scars are very real! I have 4 on each side (many Dr's will only do one or two- but mine said that with 4 incisions he could get the best, most even results). So- my scars are starting to fade now at 7-8 weeks, but they are still dark color. I am going on a trip this weekend and will just put cover-up on them and hope that nobody notices. But I was told that they may be dark on the skin for 6 months- so plan on that! I would wait till the fall to do the surgery...
awesome results! i just had first consult today for the same area. I have similar body type, smaller on top and fit on the bottom but damn saddlebags are not pretty. i am thinking of getting procedure done third week in april but i am nervous about being able to wear bikini, shorts by june. and i can't see your scars at all in post pics! i am also a runner, do you feel any different running? same strength and stamina?
I was able to get around fine the day of and after (a bit tender- obviously- but walking around) and I had almost zero weight gain or swelling after.
It takes a while for them to post your thing online. Like, at least a day! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see your pictures adn read your review!!!!
i did it!! i did it!! it was such a simple (just about painfree) procedure. i can already see a difference in my shape...eventhough i'm swollen!! i hear it'll only get better. how do i post my experience and pictures on line? i thought i did it right, but nothing has shown up yet. are you still wearing your garment? i get to take my first shower this evening. i wanna rub the ink off my legs. i've had almost 0 oozing. i can barely see the holes. i just loved my doc and his assistant. thanks for checking on me.
How are you doing now? I have mine scheduled for April 2oth on my outer thights. How were you later the day of the surgery? Were you able to get aroung okay. I am so excited. I hope my experience is as good a yours.
Hi Amy, your pre-op figure is shaped a lot like mine is now. I was wondering how bad the bruising was and were you able to drive the same day or not? I have two kids and ned to be able to get around by the next day. How quickly were you able to drive?
thank you so much...i will find out the name of the laser treatment for you. do you still have swelling? are you still shrinking? how many inches have you lost? have you had to buy new clothes yet? i'm really worried about swelling, bruising, and looking more dimpled then i started (i have some cellulite issues). i'm also worried about all of the medication they have you take before the procedure...YIKES! did you have any problems w/ those? thanks so much for all of your help!! i REALLY appreciate it!
Amy- The "worst" part is that now- 5 1/2 weeks later, I am still a little sore if I jump a lot. I am a dancer and sometimes if there is lots of jumping in a routine it is uncomfortable. I have a feelign that it will be like this for several months still. But that's about as bad as it gets. I could do moderate exercise 5 days after the procedure (walk/hike/ride bike) and I could run fine after about 2-3 weeks. The other "worst" part is the garment. Most of the time it is comfortable, but towards the end of your 2+ weeks you don't really want to wear it anymore, but know you should. Not that bad overall!!! Get pumped!!! :) Please let me know more about the laser--- do you know the brand or name of it? Pulse Dye laser?
yes, it is a laser treatment to help lighten the scars. i'm pretty at ease about the procedure itself, but i'm worried about the pain, swelling and bruising afterwards. what would you say was the "worst" part of the entire process? hope to hear from you soon.
My Dr offered 4 suction/light anti-cellulite smoothing sessions. I think it was called Lumacell (which may be like endermology?) What scar zapping is he offering you? Laser?
just a thought....you should post a picture of yourself in jeans!!! my procedure is next week. my doc is offering a scar zapping procedure after the smart lipo....he is also offering endermology to smooth out any lumps and bumps...it's all a part of the package. hope to hear from you soon.
fitnessjunkie- I would totally do it again! I feel like I have shed this part of me that I was embarassed about and made me feel unhealthy (even though I wasn't). That being said... no results are perfect, and I do have 4 scars on each leg that are a little perplexing to me right now (will they ever go away? they seem really noticeable to me- are they to others? it has only been 6 weeks, will they go away in amother couple of months?) and I have one scar that is a little indented, which makes it look obvious that I had a surgery (i think). But- I look so great in clothes! I feel so proud of my body! I would do it again in a second... I am just wondering about being in a bathing suit this summer and having people see the scars. My advice is this: research surgeons, find one you trust, and know that you are getting into something that can't provide you with perfect results. But, you can feel much better about your body, and that is what the goal is. I hope you have a good experience! PS- look into scar treatment stuff like bio oil, mederma and other herbal oils.
Your results look great! I have slim lipo scheduled for April. I have the saddle bag and inner thigh problem. I work out 2 hours a day but still have large thighs and saddle bags. I am very excited for my surgery. Are you pleased with your results? Would you do it again?
i had to move my pre-op to the 18th...my father in law had a heart attack (all is well), but we wanted to travel to be w/ him. so, will they be able to tell how many cc's they will be removing at my pre-op? that's amazing! and they will draw on me too? thanks for letting me know what to expect. i'm nervous and excited at the same time. can't wait to post before and after pics.