I have always hated my nose. In fact, I remember...

I have always hated my nose. In fact, I remember the exact moment when I was 14 years old that I noticed I had a large nose. Ever since then I have assumed I would fix it at some point. As for my breasts, I am a 32A (if that). All the woman in my family have a larger chest, except for me. I figured out that a perscription that I took from age 7-17 is the reason for my poor breast development. Now, the drug is not even perscribed to girls under the age of 18. I am married and have two children under the age of 2, work and am in nursing school. My school only offers two breaks a year, so 3-8 is the only time I can have the surgery with 10 days to recover. Even though I have always fantasized about having these procedures done, I do not think I ever actually thought they would happen. I also never anticipated being this nervous and scared! I trust my doctors abilities 100%, and am hoping that my pre-op today at 5:30 will help ease my fears. I think my two main concerns right now are the IV sedation, and the pain meds after. Hydrocodone has caused me urinary retention before, so I hoping there is something else I can be given that will be effective. I did not take any pain meds after my last c section for this exact reason. :( Next is the IV sedation. I have had a "twilight" procedure before, and had no problem with it. The surgery on my forehead, and I remember maybe two minutes of it but no pain. I am so afraid of the IV sedation for procedure though. Not so much for the breast aug, but for the rhino. I am having a basic, open rhino. He is smoothing my dorsal hump, making the tip smaller, and shortening my nostrils to make everything even. I have done a lot of reading I guess my main concern is not having my airway maintained during the surgery. I read with a rhino, blood will pool at the back of the throat which can cause problems. Going under general is quite a bit more, and with me upgrading to silicone implants I do not think we can afford both. I would love to hear some positive stories from other people. :)

You shouldn't worry about the breathing. From what i recently heard, They typically incubate when doing breast aug and the machine breathes for you and keep the blood from running down your throat.
Hi there! First off, welcome! One thing that might be reassuring, a lot of surgeons - when performing rhinoplasties on patients using Twilight sedation - will place packing inside the nostrils until the procedure is over so that very thing you mentioned doesn't happen. This is what my PS did for me; my surgery was yesterday. I too was considering a BA this fall but I personally decided against it but are you planning on getting both surgeries done super close to each other? If possible, I would recommend putting a bit of space between each procedure. The reason being because, with any surgery, your body is experiencing a lot of trauma. If you have two major surgeries back to back, your body won't be able to focus on a particular area to try and heal; instead it will have several areas that all need to be healed and your recovery time will be exponentially lengthened and it'll probably be a huge hassle for you. However, whatever you choose to do, good luck! Have you had your consultations yet for both procedures? Do you have any before and digitaly altered after photos for what you'd like to achieve with your nose?
I had my pre-op Tuesday afternoon and I was just about to back out of the procedure. I talked with my surgeon for an hour about my concerns and he made me feel 100% better. I did however, switch to go under general instead of iv sedate. I am having both procedures done on March 8th. I am in a nursing program and only have three weeks off total a year, so I have to do them both now to allow a chance for recovery. Plus, I want them both now :) I am a pretty tough gal, I have had three c-sections and healed fast with them all. I did not use pain meds for my recovery with my last c section and did very well. His office does not do the digitally altered photos, but I am okay with that. I just hope that I will still look like me after the surgery, I think that is one of my biggest concern. Well, that and the thought of being incredibly swollen for 6 months to a year is getting me scared too. But, my doc told me that I will not look disfigured or anything like that. He says the final product will be there in a year because of slight swelling, but nothing that is going to make me regret the procedure.

I stumbled upon this site expecting it to help me...

I stumbled upon this site expecting it to help me through my surgeries and healing process. What I did not expect was it assuring me that I my second thoughts on the surgeries are valid and SHOULD NOT be ignored. Through my research I was always finding all the things that could go wrong, and the complications that I could be left with. IE: I have small nostrils, so surely I am going to have valve collapse, he is doing to much to my nose, though I understand his reasons, there was no photo morf, he pretty much let me chose my implant size, did not explain how I could develop scar tissue and be in constant pain for a very long time. The list went on and on until I spoke to my PS and felt better. But after coming home and sleeping on it, the anxiety set back in. Here is what I know. I am Croatian and have a nose that reflects that. I am very small chested, but I have also had three babies, breastfeed two and my ta-ta's are very perky and pretty. Even my PS said I had lovely breasts. I love yoga and feel like they will get in the way. I am a curvy girl and I feel like the BA will make me look heavier. I have worked very hard to lose 60 lbs of baby weight, and am now at 132 lbs ( size 6 ) 5'7. I am 37, 29, 38 and my chest is 32A. I have read about so many small breasted woman regretting their surgery, and rhinos not coming out right. I have always gotten attention from guys, and I am married to a man who loves me exactly how I am! In fact, most people I asked about my nose said they liked it. (That baffles me, but whatever) I just envisioned myself going into surgery smiling, but crying on the inside because I wasn't sure it was what I wanted. Once the doc makes that cut, there is no going back to what I was. I am beautiful just the way I am.

You ARE stunning the way you are and I'm glad you're at peace with your decision. Good move, girl.

Good for you! I wish I had done the same. Great decision!!
your decision is very inspiring and im glad you can accept & embrace what society considers flaws. all power to you :)

Surgery re scheduled for 9-3

I have posted before about having this procedure done. I have a BA and Rhino scheduled 4-5 months ago and I cancelled both of them. I freaked out and felt I rushed into things. I convinced myself I was happy with how I was, when really I was not. The fact that I could not get this off my brain convinced me that I really did want this. So anyway, I rescheduled my BA and had that 1.5 months ago. Lets just say I love my new ta-tas :) Dr. S. Green in Sacramento was my surgeon and he is going to do my rhinoplasty on Sep. 3. I hate my nose, I truly hate it. I think I freaked out about having so much work done on my nose. I did not expect my surgeon to suggest an open procedure. I went into that initial consult with minimal research on the surgery itself. From what I can tell, those who have septoplasty done in addition have a higher risk of the need for revision and just issues in general. My doc plans on an open procedure, no nose breaking, shaving down my bump, and basically making my nose just a little bit smaller all around. He said that my surgery was nothing complicated, and they he preferes to do open procedures because he can see more. Closed rhino's go more by feel and he thinks require more revisions than an open one. I am going to use IV sedate because general causes me major urinary retention issues. During my breast aug. I used IV sedate and had no pain or anything. Now I will say that I did have unexpected bleeding in my left breast the evening of surgery and I did have to have another surgery to clear out all the blood and put in a drain. (holy shit did that ordeal hurt) But, even with that, I still have awesome results. I know that that complication had nothing to do my surgeon, just more with my bodies ability to clot. So this time I am going to avoid all foods in addition to the meds that can thin by blood. So, here I go once again down this path. :) I do not think I am ugly and I know that there is risk with any surgery. All I can do it follow my heart, and for right now this is the direction it is leading me. Please take a look at my docs before and after shots and tell me what you think about his work. What I like is that at his practice, out of the 6 or so docs, he is the only one who's rhino photos are posted online. They are on the practices website and his own. I also like that he has 5 star reviews everywhere I look and that he did such a great job on my BA. His name is Dr. Scott Green and he is in Sacramento ca.
Have mine ske'd for 08/15 . Similar face and nose proportions with yours. Keep in touch!
I know we all want what we want, but geeze.... I can't find a thing wrong with your nose! Breasts are another thing and obviously they are not pictured here but if it is something you want, then go for it! But just from my own eyes, your nose I think is quite beautiful, proportionate and flattering on you. But I do hope you get the changes you are seeking! Best wishes to you!!

Update pics

I forgot to add something about why I like my plastic surgeon. His patients still look like themselves after the procedure. He takes their original nose and subtley changes it. I love that is patients have their own unique nose and are not left with a generic one-fits-all nose. :)

I added some less flattering angles on my nose.
Thank you for the kind words, you are very sweet.

One month to surgery.I had a dream about my surgery

Last night I had a dream about my operation. I was watching my doc work on my nose and was telling him to be careful not to make it crooked. I woke up still excited about my surgery. :) I saw my doc last wed and we talked about my surgery. He told
me that to achieve best results he would have to break my nose. :( I don't know why this scares me
so much. I guess I do not understand why I need that if my nose is not crooked at all. What I do know is that I trust my doctor completely and that I know he will do his very best to achieve a favorable result. He did tell me again that my case is not a complicated case, so that makes me feel good. :)

One month from today I will have my new nose. :) I also have been analyzing my nose from all angels. Like most other people, my nose is not perfectly symmetrical. The right side looks a tad different than the left so I have to keep telling myself, that when I am swollen and recovering that asymmetry may be noticeable.
I am having surgery 4/9 (day before month in Aus). We will be doing it at the same time! Sooo nervous/excited, mainly nervous about the swelling though!

1 day post op

The procedure wasn't bad under IV sedate. I am majorly swollen on the right side. :( I can tell already how my side profile is smaller. :)
I look exactly like your panda shot right now! The swelling sucks and so much pressure on my face! I hope it goes down rather than get worse!
I have had a rhino and it changed my life. I broke my nose at 11 years old. I already had a large wide nose on a very petite girl 5'2 inches. I waited until I was 15 years old and had my nose fixed. My nose was hideous. Long, wide & broken. One side actually hung longer than the other. My surgeon came out of surgery sweating. It took longer than expected and he said it was a mess. they gave me a mirror and even with the cast on I could tell it was much smaller. It healed beautifully and never regretted having it fixed. I know my situation is a little different from yours but the end result is. I am glad you went ahead and did what you wanted to do all along. Now, is the hard part, the healing. Swelling is a b---h!. It will make you doubt that you did the right thing. Just hang in there. Most rhinos turn out very well. Yes, there are a lot of bad outcomes, I admit that, but I think the odds are in your favor. Maybellineo
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I really mean that. The swelling sucks as does not being able to breathe through my nose, but I am trying to stay positive. As of now my nostrils are symmetrical and the tip look nearly identical to what it used to be, just a tad smaller. I cannot wait to get my splint off on Monday.

2 days post op

The swelling is slowly going further down my face, but I still look like a panda bear. Yesterday I tried to go without my pain meds, but I hurt to much so I caved. Monday can not come soon enough! I would settle for even being able to breathe out of my nose. How long till that happens? I don't have any internal splints. I still am in pain and I have managed to sleep propped up which helps. My cheeks are less sore today so the swelling should be on its way out.
I think your doing great! your swelling doesn't look bad, keep taking your pain meds on time, you'll be fine! Thanks for sharing ! keep posting pics.
I know. I hate it. My face is starting to itch now and I keep trying to pull my splint off while I sleep. When was your surgery?
Wednesday morning so 3rd day post now. I haven't uploaded a photo because I dont want to scare people! Ice is my best friend right now and apparently tomorrow it starts getting better.

Day 3 post op-swollen jaw

I am in less pain today, the swelling has moved into my jaw and I hate it. Any tips to reduce it?

Day 3 evening-a glimmer of hope?

I have a question, when will I be able to breathe through my nose? I feel like there is a bunch of mucus (more likely clotted blood) in my nostrils. I do not want to clean them out because I am afraid to mess with them. I have been drinking lots of water to try to flush out all of this swelling. I have been taking Arnica since before my surgery (not that it did much) but I do think it is helping fade the bruises I developed. Today I bought witch hazel and topical arnica. I have been applying those every couple hours so hopefully they will help. Is it monday yet? I will say this, the swelling is starting to go away and I can kind of see my old self in my puffy painted face. :D
I wish I could see myself in my face right now! My nostrils are completely blocked. Don't probe or touch anything. I have gel packing so im just leaving it all for Thursday when I see my dr. So annoying and its begun to harden but something that we just have to put up with!
My nostrils are plugged to. If I suck in really hard I can get some air flow, but not much. Are you still super swollen? Have you gone outside? I had to go out twice do stuff for work and some guy actually approached me and asked if I was okay and if I needed to talk to someone. He must have thought I was abused or something.
Oh im too scared to suck incase I dislodge something! I don't think I'd get any air in anyway its fully blocked. No I haven't been outside! That guy, shame, sweet but totally presumptuous! In the car today though we stopped at the lights and these two girls had a good look and gossip right in front of me so I just put my hat over my face. Ur brave going out! I've been in hiding!

I think I may be more swollen today :(

I hate swelling, I hate swelling. :( How long till I should expect this jawline and cheek swelling to go away? Help!
It's just a matter of days and you will be even more beautiful than what you were. Try to keep positive thoughts in your head sweetie! all will be fine.
Thank you for the encouragement. :)
How's your swelling today? I am starting to question if mine is ever going to go away. :(

5 days post op-I can breath!

I took a bath tonight and afterwards I carefully cleaned out the lower part of my nostrils. Gobs of bloody gunk came out and I can now sort of breathe through my nose. Not completely, but I am loving this little bit. My swelling went down quite a bit (thank God), but the bruising is still very much here. Can't wait till the morning to get this thing off :)
You're so lucky to be almost done! Can't wait to see the big reveal! I go in tomorrow...woot woot!
Can't wait to see your results with the cast off! I get my dreaded cast piece off on Tuesday, gonna start counting the hours lol. Good luck!

6 days post op-splint removal AND re-splinted :(

I saw my nose just now. I like it :) I am still really swollen so I am try to take all of that into account. My doc is really happy with my nose so far and said that it looks exactly like it is supposed to. :D I had a minor panic attack when my husband saw nose, he saw it before me. He said, "it looks different". Then I saw it and understood what he meant. It is different but that is what I wanted. :) My doc said that I may never breath the same out of my nose which scares me. Right now I can barely breath out of my nose so I hope it gets better. Any thoughts?
You look awesome girl !!!!!
Hi there! I had a revision rhinoplasty a little over a month ago and I'm just now starting to get some ability to breathe back. My primary rhinoplasty was closed and my breathing came back sooner, but I think because my revision was open that I have more internal swelling that's blocking airflow. You're probably experiencing something similar, but will be able to breathe again soon enough! Your nose looks great by the way!
Aw thank you. I am really happy with it too. Thanks for the info about the breathing, that's good to know.

Under

Thank you that looks good even for 7 days. I will keep that in mind. Your nose looks good btw even for 7 days. I wish my primary turned out good but unfortunately I am getting close to one year and needing a revision. Few more months to go before its the surgery time. Getting very anxious and nervous since its my 2nd surgery and I already know what its like to get over this and trust me when I tell you it does take a full year for your nose to take its final shape. I think my tip still gets a little swollen in the morning but very little only I can tell. I am 10 months out. Remember give it time you will be amazed how your nose changes day in and day out. Try sleeping elevated for up to 3 months if you can that will help with your swelling and stay away from very salty foods. ;)
Yeah it's definitely got a nice shape you can see that even with swelling. I know what you mean when I woke up all the nurses that were in theatre were saying how good it looked and although they probably say that to everyone it made me feel so good. Now a waiting game till the swelling goes down! I'm getting nervous for Thursday and looking different! Anyway congrats you should be really really happy xx

One week post op-just waiting

Eyes are still black. My lower right cheek has a yellow tint to it from the swelling. I'm actually going to go into work like this on Thursday. That will be interesting for my patients to see me like this. (I'm a phlebotomist) Can't wait until these bruises are gone and this splint is off forever :)

Mini freak out, ahh

I allowed myself to do one of the worst things...read other patients bad outcomes. ???? I am now freaking out that my nose is going to twist and collapse and that I may never breathe again properly through my nose. I didn't have that big of hump, and I don't think my doc even messed with my nostrils and my tip was very mildly resuced. I'm scared :( I can handle slightly uneven nostrils and my nose not being 100% perfect, I never expected that. What I cannot handle
is a C shaped nose and not being able to breathe. :(((

And I am getting sick ????

My lymph nodes are swollen and sore to the touch. Hopefully my nose doesn't get more congested!
Don't panic! My results looked asymmetrical and just downright bad right from the beginning! Your nose looks great. It's no use freaking out about how it will look in a few years. I've had a few moments of panic thinking that my revision won't last and I just can't handle the idea of a 3rd surgery. But you just have to trust that the surgeon did what he was suppose to :) and the fact that your nose looks so good now is a great sign! And breathing will come back too :) All the discomfort is just part of the very very loooooong healing process haha
Thank you. :) I am breathing a little better today. I guess I never really figured in my breathing being comprimised. I am really trying to not cloud my head with negative thoughts and just hope that everything went right.

8 days post op

I am breathing slightly better today. I think I may have to re-train myself to breathe through my nose. I can kind of do it, I just can breathe as deep as quick as I used to. I work a 4 hour shift tomorrow so that will be interesting.

Splint off for good tomorrow!

Breathing today is about the same, but I am also sick.

I'm really starting to like it :))))

I got my cast off today for good! When I first saw my nose I thought, "quack quack". Really. I thought I looked like a duck with all the swelling. To be honest though, I think I am just not used to my new nose. I love that it looks so much like my old nose in the tip and from the front. The nurse said compared to most I am not that swollen down my noses midline. My swelling is mainly across the bridge. I went home and got all dolled up for the first time since starting this process. It feels so good to look mostly normal. My eyes are still sort of black and I have the blood in my right eye, but it is fading slowly. My breathing is getting better and better which would make sense because my swelling is going down. ???? That is me, rejoicing!

One more

Breathing getting better and better

I am still definitely swollen, but that's okay. I can breathe! I could breathe perfectly if these darn stitches would dissolve and the gunk on them would go away.
Natural and beautiful result. Congrats.
you look fantastic!
Congrats you look great! I'm sure your breathing will improve as swelling goes down. I'm day 5 now. I can breathe and smell fine. I seem to have swelling between my eyes..and it's tender...that and my tip. I have shiners too.lol. I had a hump removed too...did you ever feel twitches of pain as you were healing? Holy hell I'm feeling that every so often..that and itching. 3 more days and this cast comes off! Keep us updated on your progress!

I am so glad I did this!

I love my new nose. :))) Today was not to much different in the nose department. I can breathe 98% normal from my nose. That two percent is the gunk stuck on my stitches. I should mention this too. Before my surgery when I inhaled deeply my nostrils would close. Now they stay open and I can breathe as deeply as I want :) I also thing nostrils look pretty symmetrical right now.
you really got good result best of luck :)

Two weeks: anyone else have scar tissue on the inside of their nose,

What I thought was gunk on the inside of my nose, is actually scar tissue or something like that. It feels like I have a massive booger! I tried to get it out tonight, but I can't because it is literally tissue. :( I will call my doc tomorrow and make an appointment. Beside that, my breathing is still great and I love the look of my new nose. It still feels sore, and it gets cold really easily!

More pics

Not too much has changed. I think my nose doesn't look to great from the front, but I am hoping it is just swelling.

Looks natural and perfect for your face! So happy for you!

3 week post op

I saw my doc today to ask about what seems to be swelling in my nose. He confirmed that I am still about 30% swollen and that my breathing will continue to improve. :) He also told me that nose looks perfect and he doesn't expect me to have any twisting or problems. I know no one can predict the future but it makes me happy to hear that he is so optimistic and pleased with his work.
Your nose looks beautiful! I had my surgery nine years ago. Your TRUE results will take about one to one and a half years to show. I look back at pictures rom about 1 year post op and remember thinking that I looked like a chipmunk due the swelling in my face. Give your nose and face time to heal. Don't expect instant results.
Your nose looks very natural. Swelling with rhinoplasty definitely takes time! I'm sure it will only continue to improve. :)
HI! did your eye ever clear up? I am 1 month post op and mine is still bloodshot :-(

One month-looking uneven due to swelling

Not much has changed with my breathing. I still like my nose. :) However, it is started to look crooked/uneven due to swelling. I don't think it is that bad though.

Pics one month

Mine went away at around 3 weeks. I also took arnica which may have helped. But I feel like the bruising under my eyes can still be seen sometimes. The sclera of your eye takes a long time to heal. Try putting a moist warm compress on it to help that pooled blood move around.

1.5 months post op

My nose is still changing. The tip has dropped some and I continue to have swelling that can sometimes cause an uneven look to my nose. I do think my nose still looks pretty straight. From the side it almost looks like my bump is coming back, but doc assures me it is just swelling. I also still feel stuffy most of the time. I am hoping that this will subside as I know I am still early in the healing process.
Wonderful results! I don't think you look swollen at all! So happy for you! I hope to have similar results some day!
You look great. I hope your swelling has gone down and your nose will look even better. Thanks for the update.

I think my bump is coming back, but I don't think I mind

2.5 months post op
the most important thing that u like it :)

3.5 month update

The swelling on my nose is still going down, and the left side is still more swollen than the right. I don't mind, I still love my results so far :)
You are so pretty with your nose.
You can really see the difference with the swelling! My cast came off today, and it's swollen and crooked. I hope it will go back to normal. Anyways, you look gorgeous :)

4.25 month review

I love my nose this month, even more so than last month. My nose seems to have gotten skinnier and has more of a slope :) My breathing is fine although I notice I have a hard time clearing out boogers. Every morning I have to use a q-tip to clear stuck gunk. My tip is still swollen, which is to be expected.
The bridge got more definition. You look fab. Thanks for the lovely photos.
Your nose makes you more beautiful. I DONT Know how it will look like when the swelling will be completely down but I hope it look more n more beautiful
it looks much smaller this month, yes!

6 month review

I still love my nose, I think it looks very natural and I still can notice subtle changes. My tip still has some swelling I think.

another pic (6 month)

I agree, it is crazy how looking back at pics reveals small changes

Wrong pic above

Hi, your nose looks great! I am seriously considering having this procedure myself but I'm worried about how terrible I will look in the weeks afterwards. I would be embarassed for many people to know about to know about it and I was wondering, if I had it done at the beginning of the school summer holidays would I still have bruising and swelling 6 weeks later when school starts again? I can't imagine doing the school run with a bandage on my nose lol!
Thinking about doing this but it seems pretty intense. I got a chin implant and that helps a lot. I think a lot of people could do that and avoid a nose job but each case is different. Your chin is perfect. I had a receding chin and so glad I changed that!
What a fantastic result! You look great!

11 month review

It has almost been one year since my rhinoplasty. :) I can say without a second of hesitation that I am beyond pleased with my results. My nose really has not changed that much in the past four months, so I think the major changes have already happened. Dr. Green is an amazing surgeon, hands down. I cannot believe how good of a job he did. My nose looks (to me) natural and fit for my face. I love love love it! :D
Green