Crooked Smile After Chin Reduction and Neck Liposuction - Sacramento

3 weeks after surgery my smile was still quite...

3 weeks after surgery my smile was still quite crooked. My surgeon told me that I shouldn't worry and that my smile should return within 2 to 4 months. I got a second opinion from a different facial plastic surgeon and a third opinion from an MD off the internet. It still didn't make me stop worrying, but it gave me the patience to wait for my nerves and muscles to recover.

MY SMILE IS BACK! By 2-4 months I obtained a completely normal smile and am very happy I had the surgery done. I have some residual numbness on my chin, but that lessens with each week that passes. I also had upper and lower eyelids done, along with and endo browlift. I will list what the surgeon said the retail price would be, but I did get a professional discount due to working in the same medical system.

Photo Update

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Because I assisted him as a surgical RN for many years prior to making the decision to have surgery. I was confident in his medical background, knowledge and skills. The ENT/Facial Plastic Surgeon Fellows in training work under him in the final years before they are out on their own.

It was only a few days ago..sounds like I have a long way to go. Thanks for your comment. It helps
WOW. The results are incredible! I still think you could reduce your chin a little more though for a more feminine look. Congrats you look amazing!
I had chin liposuction 6 days ago and I am having a hard time dealing with my crooked smile. Can you look at my picture and tell me whether your smile was similar? I am so worried that my smile will not improve. I had slurred speech the first few days, but that has resolved. My surgeon acts like the crooked smile is no big deal and assures me she did not severe any of my nerves. She did cut the muscle under the chin to remove fat that was underneath the muscle.
Your results look great, thanks for posting your story.
I am having the same crooked smile since my neck lipo and placation. My doctor mentioned fixing or imProving with Botox. How long could this last?
I am now 2 weeks and four days post op and my smile is almost back to normal. If I laugh that is when you can really tell. The other post I have read said it could last 2-6mths. When was your surgery?
That's wonderful news! I had a chn reduction 4 days ago, and I am a bit swollen but what worries me is when i smile it's not crooked, but it overlaps over my top teeth. I have to really try hard to keep it normal looking. Its only been 4 days, so I'm not too worried, as it's not crooked, just not normal either. The nurse said I should have a normal smile again in 3 months. Other than that I'm luckily to have no lip numbness, no real chin numbness, just swollen. But that's to be expected. You look beautiful and I'm so happy you got yur smile back!
Hi there, I was wondering if you can tell me, did the $12,000 cover all the surgeries you had or was that just the cost of the chin implant?
All surgeries... Actually, I got it for $9,000.00 due to the professional discount given for working in the same hospital. I was told that the normal price for that much work would be around $12,000.00. Included: Endobrow lift; upper and lower eyelids; chin reduction (which necesitated cutting bone out and reattaching tip of chin with a screw) and small amount of liposuction under the neck.
Thanks for posting pics & responding! You're a very pretty lady! I probably will have to have the same surgery done (removal of chin bone). I may also have lipo done at the same time. :-)
Thrilled that you are pleased with results & you came out of it unharmed! Did you have a chin reduction done by reducing the bone or fat & tissue? I have a long & pointy chin I think partly due to bone & tissue (it seems like chin never quit growing after it was supposed to). I hear chin surgery is rare compared to chin implant (which is the LAST thing I need)so when I hear that someone had it & received great results that makes me feel confident that more people will have it done & I won't feel so nervous about it. The more experienced a surgeon is in 1 particular type of surgery the more likley it is that I'm going to go to him!
I had the bone actually cut. A slice was taken from just behind the point of the chin, and then the front part of the chin was reattached to the more posterior part of the mandible by plates and screws, via an incision inside my mouth. Since my chin size was being reduced, my surgeon suggested liposuction to go along with it so that my neck would still have a nice contour. I never had a double chin, but the liposuction was to avoid that look after I had a smaller chin. I am extremely pleased with my overall results. It gets better with each passing month. I am now 6 months out and have about 75% of sensation back and have function and no more crooked smile. The crooked smile was completely better somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks out. The picture I posted was at only 5 to 6 weeks out and I could fake a straight smile by that point :o)