Wow....Gets Better Every Day! - Sacramento, CA

I am 39 years young. I have always held onto fat...

I am 39 years young. I have always held onto fat in my tummy, hip & flank area. I exercise regularly but over the last year have been through alot. A couple deaths in the family, change in work, addition of a third child and taking a new medication added up in pounds. I was 5'4" and 150 pounds prior to procedure. I decided it was time for a change!

On July 12, 2012 I had Smart Lipo done to my upper/lower abs, hips, waist and inner thighs. I did not take any pain meds during the procedure... I wanted to be fully awake. It was tolerable. At times, when the doctor was working close to my belly button, I felt pain...but it was short lived.

After the procedure, I had moderate drainage from a couple sites... and not any from others. The support garment given to me had a zipper running up the front. My biggest area of discomfort was sitting down, because the zipper folded inward and really hurt. I took only ibuprophen for pain relief. I have 3 small children and needed to be up and moving the next day. No down time for this Momma!

I had pretty significant bruising and swelling...and I was taking Arnica Montana, as recommended by my doctor.

I began walking daily on the treadmill on day 3 post. I went back to regular workouts at the gym on week 4.

I am 8 weeks post procedure now and I still have some swelling and mild tenderness when pushing on my abdomen. I recommend taking pictures as you heal. I feel discouraged some days, but then I look back at my before pictures and can see the changes. I am working hard with diet and exercise to be the best me I can be. I am down 7 pounds, but it is really the shape change that excites me the most!

It has been 12 weeks so far and overall, I am very...

It has been 12 weeks so far and overall, I am very happy with my results! I do wish my lower abs were a little flatter.... but I am working out hard and determined to get rid of all the belly fat! I see my doctor this Tues for a follow up. I am posting pics from today, and they are side by side with pre procedure pics. This helps me to see the improvement when I am having a tough moment.

15 weeks... still not happy with my tummy... side...

15 weeks... still not happy with my tummy... side view... but I know I can make the necessary changes through diet & exercise from here! Excited.... and very happy that I went ahead with this!

I am at almost 9 months post. I had thought about...

I am at almost 9 months post. I had thought about having a touch up to my lower abs but have decided to stick with working out (strength training and cardio 5-6 days a week) and clean eating to get to my final desired goals. I have noticed that really bumping up my strength training is really helping me the most right now! I am very happy that I had this procedure done last summer and look forward to wearing a swimsuit confidently this summer....for probably the first time in my life. :)

Two years post lipo abs/flank/inner thighs

Still happy with results. 22 pounds lost as of today with a mostly Paleo diet and exercise.
Dr. Edmond A. Zingaro