Severe Red Acne Scars - Sacramento, CA

I've been suffering from acne since I was a teen....

I've been suffering from acne since I was a teen. It left me with tons of red scars mostly on my cheeks. When ever i get a pimple anywhere on my faces they tend to leave red marks. Only on both of the cheeks where the red marks seem to stayed permanent, others like the forehead and under my chin seem to disappeared within a month or so. I've been through so many dermatologists in all the Sacramento areas and undergo all types of laser and chemical peels. Going through these procedures and nothing seems to be working, I'm hitting a break point where i just want to give up. Every day that goes by and every time i look and the mirror, I tried to stay positive and be optimistic as much as i could and hope that there is a procedure out there that will heal these red scars. I had the Smartxide dot laser about a week ago and saw no improvement. Before the Smartxide laser I went to Calkin and boudreaux dermatology where i had 3 Vbeam laser and have no improvement also. With all these procedures done and seen nothing I'm running out of hope and i don't know what to do. If there's any help or suggestion out there for me please let me know. Thanks.

I went and saw a dermatologists in Stockton today,...

I went and saw a dermatologists in Stockton today, and he recommend cryosurgery using liquid nitrogen to spray on it. Should i go with the procedures and will it work for these scars?

Hi guys, when you have acne, you tend to sign in for lasers, chemical peels and all those treatments doctors would prescribe to us. It is not necessary. Aside from they are expensive, they also hurt your skin because those are strong chemicals. I suffered from acne and sebborhic dermatitis for years. Finally, i found a friend who told me about Lacto Pafi, it is a herbal product. I splashed it on my face, wait for a few seconds and rinse it off. This product has helped me so much and it is very cheap. Bottle lasted 3 months for me Since its a herbal product, it is very safe too. Now, my acne and scars are completely gone. I do not look like i just went through this acne thing. I know the frustrations and depressions skin diseases could have on people. It eats up your life. All you just have to do is find the right one for you. By the way, I also use Olay renegerist cream cleanser 100g (the black tube). Healed my acne too.

I always love hearing when someone has found a solution that clears up their acne. Thank you so much for letting us know what worked for you!! :)

Where can i buy Lacto Pafi? I used to under go Derma roller about 7 sessions. There is a good and bad news on it. The light scars on may face most specially on my cheeks had gone while the deep scars on my face on cheeks not yet gone. But i found improvements on it. The saddest part is there are still acne glowing on my face and it leaves a red marks or scars(peklat) and it is too long to bring it back to my natural skin tone. Is Lacto Pafi can help me a lot?
Hi, Lacto Pafi is a product of the philippines.I noticed you mentioned the word "peklat" so im thinking you might be from the philippines too, which is good. I buy mine in herbal stalls in the mall. You can also check it out in mercury drugstores, rose pharmacy. Im not quite sure if they are available in watsons though. Aside from Lacto Pafi, red marks and acne can also be healed by Olay Regenerist Cream Cleanser. It does not look like the typical acne remover but holla it is a wonder product, healed my acne after 2 weeks. You probably might not need the derma roller because it healed my ance holes. It might work well for you too. Here is the link of the product : http://www.girlsworld.in/2011/11/21/olay-regenerist-cream-cleanser-review/
hi yeah im from phillipines too, nice to know that you alzo too. My main problem is my deep scars what we called iced peek. before I have so many acne not just acne they are so big acne. And the I decided to go to derma doctor. They gave me ointment tretinoin, yeah it removed my many big acne. That the start to slightly clear my face in acne. But ther are three problems I have on my face. The deep scars Iced peek, scars(peklat) and one or two acne. Derma roller improves my light scars but the deep scars iced peek still on my face while I under go on my 7th session on derma roller. as you mentioned I might not need derms roller for my deep scars iced peek or holes on my face. Is lacto pafi can remove my holes or deep scars iced peek on my face? also I had serch lactopafi herbal and pafilac facial cleanser. Whta products can I buy effectively.? I want to try herbal or natural ways to heal my deep scars or holes and few active acne and scars(peklat) on my face not just like strong chemicals. I hope lactopafi or pafilac facial cleanser can help me a lot. Thanks
Herbal LactoPafi is an organic product so its very safe to use. It also healed my seborrhic dermatitis and stubborn dark acne marks. I havent used the Pafilac facial cleanser though. If your problem is the acne holes, maybe Olay could help you.My acne holes or as what you've called the "iced peek" were gone once i get to use the Olay Regenerist Cream Cleanser. It rejuvenated my skin pretty well.The hole diminished until it vanished. I never thought it is possible coz they say acne holes could never get healed unless you sign in for the derma roller. But the derma roller is very expensive so i looked for a cheaper way. Are your acne holes severe or mild?
I have mild and severe acne holes. The mild acne holes has slightly gone by the derma roller while the severe acne holes havnt gone. everyday I m always problematic on my face eventhough there is an improvement undergoing derma roller but my severe acne holes loose my self confidence. In addition, I have active acne again,while there are scars(peklat) too and my severe acne holes. is olay regenerist cream claenser can prevent acne? Also may I know the step on using lactopafi and olay regenerist at the same time? Will I firstly wash my face of olay regenerist and then rinse it and then second is lactopafi? Thanks for your help. I hope and I pray that olay regenerist and lactopafi heald my face free from acne,scars,acne holes. by the way I already brought olay regenerist cream cleanser and use it now. I stop now applying tretinoin. I havnt buy lactopafi,maybe I will check it out in mega mall.
Hi, the olay regenerist cream cleanser stop my acne from popping and faded my acne scars fast! . Its a wonder product. I used it twice daily, morning and nightime. After rinsing Olay, i splashed the lacto pafi on my face and and rinse it with water. Sometimes, i drink it orally (1 tablespoon). It might be better, if you use the product once at a time so that you will know which product is doing best for you. If you noticed that the products are "hiyang" with your skin, or they are working effectively simultaneously. Then, you can use both together. Just a suggestion though. Its always you who knows your skin. Good luck! and i hope it will work well for you. Ciao!
Hello. I am sorry to hear that the Vbeam did not work for you. There are other options and we would be happy to review them with you again. Remember, that if you are continuing to break out you will get new red areas which means getting your and under control is as important, if not more so, than treating the red marks. Please come in again to let us help you out. I don't recommend cryosurgery for what you have.
Hi Dr. Calkin I was just wondering when is your next availability for a consultation and how much would it be? I've been coming to your office for about a year or so now and nothing seems to be helping. I really want to talk to you personally about my case and hope we can find a solution to it. Thanks
Call and get on my schedule. I'm not sure when the next available is, but if you have trouble getting in ask my staff to talk with me about you and we can add some time to get you in.

I totally understand how frustrating it can be to try treatments over and over and not see the results you hope for. I'm sorry you are having to go through that. :(

Here are a couple Q&A's you might find helpful:

What's the Best One Treatment Option for Acne Scars?

Best Acne Scar Treatment Within the Budget?

Deep Acne Scar Removal

Don't let the scars get you down. I know they suck to have to deal with, but you are so much more than that!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!