No Never Do This Procedure , I Had a Brow Lift, Face Lift, Eyes Upper N Lower and Fat Transfer - Sacramento, CA

My surgery was 7/29/13 today is 3/26/14 I'm very...

My surgery was 7/29/13 today is 3/26/14
I'm very uncomfortable. My life has been changed forever. It feels like a tight band is around my forehead. At the end of the day it feels like my brow is falling down on to my eyes. Please people don't do this to yourself. Even if it makes you look better on your face you will probably gain weight because you will be limited on your activity. So is it really worth it? It's a big gamble and can effect your and your family. I will be one happy lady when they out law brow lifts! This procedure was way too much for my Dr. to handle!

Brow lift still miserable almost a rear later

It's been almost a year now... My brow/forehead still feels tight. Feels like there's a tight band around it. If I was my hear or do anything it is worse. I still can't go in the sun. Everyone says I look good but looking at my pictures before the lift and after the lift I was much prettier. Be careful for what you wish for people. Life changing surgery. I'm happy for the people who decide to have this surgery that theirs was a success. It's a big gamble. I pray my doctor didn't harm the main nerve to my forehead. We will see. Plus there's a worry he could have left needles in my head. It won't be long and I will be seeking help from other doctors.

Words came out wrong after my posting

Still miserable after almost a year...If I wash my hair it is worse. Over all still crippling and has changed my life completely.

1953- do you think the dr left needles in your head?? Are you serious? Oh my that sounds horrible. I think you should go to a different doctor and get checked - you can't live like this. I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time.
Thank you... Yes at the end of the surgery the nurse was very concerned about missing needles. When I mentioned it to the imagining center where I have my bone density test done the tech told me I need I need to have an ex ray of my head just to make sure. Then a friend of ours who wife is a surgeon told my husband YES that happens all the time... Thanks for caring a Cindy. I will post my results after I have the ex ray done. I pray pray pray that isn't the problem and it turns out I'm having a long recovery.
When is your x-ray, 1953?
ASAP ...today is Friday night ...6-27-14 I will get it done next week.
Call Monday, Am and don't forget to get your medical records. Was this a Plastic Surgeon, and if so Board Certified?
Pam, I'm wondering about the cost. If I go to my primary care doctor and ask him for a referral will my medical insurance cover it?
Plus Pam, I'm wondering if I should call or email them to have my medical records sent. It's a journey to go down there.
You just need to write (? email?) them, and they have to respond with your full report within 15 days. Call them and ask if an email will do the trick, otherwise, snail mail. Go to your state's medical board and check, I am in CA and that is the regulation here. Oh, I see you are in CA also, you need to go to an attorney asap! You are down to 1 month from running out of time. There is a 3 year regulation, sorry I can't remember what that is about, you will have to go to the State of CA medical board. org and see what they say. I am happy to report I have had 1 week of relative comfort. Thanks to meds and essential oils.
Thank you for the information. I will keep you posted.
CindyF. I wish I would have read the real self review before I had the surgery. Too late now. I've ruined my life. Maybe with some day I'll be myself again. I pray. My nurse told me she drove her husband to the airport the next day after her surgery. They all made it sound like it was no big deal to have a brow lift. Joke was on me. Keep reading and studing. My neighbor is a doctor, his wife is a nurse. Both say they would never advise anyone to have a brow lift.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
Did you have the endoscopic brow lift done? Are you still limited on your activities? Are you in pain?
Yes and yes. It feels like a tight band around my forehead. My vision is poor. The crown of my head is very sensitive. I can't be in the sunlight. My eyes lids feel droopy and heavy but they don't look like it. If I lower my head to put something down there's much pressure. If I do anything like dance, rough play with my 3 year old grandson my head feels like it's going to explode. Since I can't do much I have gained weight which effects my Blood pressure so I'm on a higher blood pressure medicine. I pray every night I'm not going to be this way for the rest of my life.
Oh your pain sounds awful. I'm so sorry you are gong through this pain. Did you go back to your doctor? What did he say? Your symptoms don't sound normal. Do you think all of tour problems are from the brow lift or the combination of procedures? I do hope and pray you start feeling better. I have a brow lift scheduled and now I'm having second thoughts.
I went back to him once. He said this happens sometimes. He didn't say much of anything. From what I've read after the surgery this is common. The nevers to your face are on the top of your head. Those nerves cut cut and hopefully they reconnect. Please watch a video of the procedure before doing it. Make sure you totally understand what may happen to you if you have the browlift. I had encouragement from my doctors staff for 2 years. They told me it would make a big difference in my looks. My family and friends can't tell I had anything done. I was better off having Botox. Have you read other stories on real self? You are smart to be studying it before you have it done.
I have been reading about the endoscopic brow lift reviews and questions on this site. My dr said that my head would b numb for 3-6 months. I've been wanting this surgery for a long time because one of my eyebrows is a lot lower than the other one and it bothers me. I'm so scared though of what could go wrong. I've read so many bad reviews. You've had the surgery almost a year ago and are still having problems worries me...my dr said I would able to do normal activities in 8 weeks - I'm not sure what to think now! Thanks for sharing for review - it is helping me.
Check into the Certification of the Surgeon. But you cannot believe anything about the number of complaints, since like me, I was foolish enough to sign a release for a partial refund of my procedure. See my posts. Pam
I had a hairline brow lift. 10" incision over one ear across my forehead over the other ear. 6 months later the scar is still evident, it dents in and the hairline starts above it.
You should always wear a hat or scarf, and use sunscreen. The sun is our ENEMY!
Oh I know