tri luma is back for hyperpigmentation!! - Sacramento, CA

I developed hyperpigmentation after my 2nd baby. I...

I developed hyperpigmentation after my 2nd baby. I got it after the 1st baby but Tri Luma fixed it. Then they discontinued it. I started Obagi Nu-derm & it worked but the retin A really started to irritate my skin making it look worse: scaly, un-even skin tone, large pores-HORRIBLE. By far not the beautiful skin I once had. I've ALWAYS taken care of my skin, sunscreen, hats, the best creams & facials & it really showed. So this has been very traumatic for me & depressing.
Anywho, I made an appointment with a dermatologist who specializes in Laser treatments & that was the best thing I could have done. In 1 visit, she said reassured me the retin A irritation will get better, I DON'T need (or advised not to) any lasers due to my skin type (Olive toned, latin), & she gave me a prescription for TRI LUMA!!!! Yay!! IPL, Fraxel, etc. really scared me so I am VERY pleased I didn't have to take that route.
So for now, I will be using only Tri Luma & LOT'S of sunscreen & I will update my progress.
I'll take "naked" pictures of my skin tonight before I apply Tri Luma & will post new ones every few weeks. I'm excited to see how my skin responds to this.

Still at it!

My hyper pigmentation has gotten better, but not completely gone. I'm very diligent about sunscreen & sun protection on my face (hats, shade). But it's inevitable being exposed living in CA. I went for a run & within about 45 min I noticed my spots had gotten darker. I went back to the derm. & got back on Obagi. It works great! Down side: expensive & lots of steps & time involved. I've become almost obsessed so I don't mind.
Good luck!

Updated Pics

Laser & skin Clinic

Dr. M. She was awesome! Highly recommended. Very informative. Should have gone a long time ago.