56 Year Old Mother of Two (And Grandmother!) Having a Full TT and Lipo of Inner & Outer Thighs. So Excited!!! - Sacramento, CA

I've been wanting to take care of my "pouch" for...

I've been wanting to take care of my "pouch" for over 30 years. After the c-section of my first son, I knew I was in trouble. 6 weeks after I could see a sagging of the skin and over the years, I have been in fantastic shape, to 25 pounds overweight and that pouch never goes away. I absolutely hate it and never feel good in my clothes. I am about 15 pounds overweight right now and I just swore I'd have it off before my big day, but with 5 days left, doesn't look like that's going to happen!! I feel extremely motivated to start working out again after I heal and just as soon as can. I think the stress of all I have going on right now may have contributed to not getting it off. This is going to be a life changing event for me and I just know I'll take really good care of myself and get the rest off. I just can't believe only 5 more days!!! I have all my meds, clothing, I even bought a recliner and one of those "Go Girls" lol! I'll take a picture of my before as soon as I can figure out why my camera isn't working. I've posted 3 or 4 times and hope I get a response this time!! I need to share this with somebody and my husband is the only one that knows.

I took some Pre Op Selfies.....

I've never taken a selfie and absolutely can't believe I am posting this for the world to see, but my excitement over the coming change in my life has me letting myself do it. PLUS, I see all the support and help this site offers. I have really big thighs and my clothes never fit well and the belly from the two kids. I just can't imagine how different it's going to be. I sure hope I won't be disappointed in the results! Most of you love yours so it makes me hopeful.

Okay, now I'm getting a bit scared!! 3 days to go!!!

I've been reading so many reviews and just the one or two where people aren't happy are so sad and scare the crap out of me! I've saved so long for this and it's super expensive and my hopes are so high. Most are happy and that's awesome, but I had to drive by myself 9 hours today and too much time on my hands and I'm tired. I will try to stay positive, but I'm super freaked out tonight. I just have to be flat!! One lady said they only removed 40 cc's for her lipo!! That's nothing!! Anyway, I'm definitely not going to back out. I'm paid and for the most part happy and excited, but these last minute fears are wearing on me. Maybe a good night sleep and read some good comments and I'll be good. I just totally need to remember my PS is awesome and I've got this!!!

One more hour to go!!!

Today is the big day and I'm ready! I had the most incredible Pre-op appt with Dr. Green yesterday. He was so supportive and answered every single question and took away every doubt and fear that I had. He's was really amazing with me and I needed that so much. I was a wreck before I got there. Also, I managed to get rid of problem that I had yesterday that was soooo bad! (I had gas and thought I was going to be passing gas while I was out on the table and run my nice Dr off!!!)
I think my life will be forever changed after today and I'll do my best to take care of my body and to live well in everyway, including my relationships with people. I feel blessed that there is a solution like this surgery for my problem and that I was able to save for it and do it. As all my Real Self peeps say, see you on the flat side!! I wish you that are soon the best of luck and those healing are feeling well. Bye...

1 week post op

I am having lot of bruising and swelling. I go back and forth about how I feel about my results so far. I trust my PS and so I'll just wait for judgement on all of it. My tummy is flat and that awful nasty skin is gone!!! I have been walking on the treadmill 4 times a day for 15 minutes each so I won't get a blood clot. We live in such a beautiful area but it's been so hot. Well over 100 everyday so I'm really happy I have the treadmill. Well, I've decided to post the pictures. I'll do it again when I look better. The bruises are horrible!! I feel pretty good though. Hope everybody is doing well with their prep for surgery or their healing!! :)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

You look great! Thanks for all the updates, can't wait to hear more. I'm wanting to get this done in the fall. Why is your incision so high? Did your Doctor explain this to you, usually I see them lower.
You look great! Can't wait to see more pictures.
U r already looking great. Bruises will b gone in no time.
I think you look great! Just look beyond those poor bruised spots! Awesome! So happy for you!!!
Ok sisters today is day 4 post op, my Sx date was set bck to Wednesday by Dr Mallen. Every thing went well pre op. When you're going to a Dr that his English is limited, ur going to run into a hitch any ways my lipo was ok I hve a small waist , flat stomach, my flanks and arms seem ok I wanted a little more butt but that I did not get, I guess God knows everything best,lol any ways let me tell you this ain't knw joke.. The walking around is a killer, lol I had to stop so many times it wasn't funny...cold sweat was washing me to go to my room . Had my first massage today, it wasn't so bad and the lady took her time, guys no pictures yet too tired.....
So glad to hear that after 4 days you can already see the shape of your body changed. I think I was thinking the swelling would be so significant after surgery that you wouldn't be able to see your new shape. Hope you continue to feel better each day and can't wait to see your results! I would love to hear about the brand/type of compression garment you chose as I need to select before my upcoming surgery. Looking forward to more posts on your recovery process
Thank you texasana, I am very swollen still but it's so much better. He removed over 3 liters of fat plus the skin below my belly button and told me it was about equal to 40 cubes of butter!! There are things I hope will improve after all the swelling is gone, but I have to stay positive and enjoy the changes I have right now and so far, so good!! As for the garment, the PS provided me with 2. One to wear while I launder the other. I'll have to go look. There was a good link I saw that I got by Goole. I typed in compression garments liposuction and there were some with good reviews. Hope this helps!! Good luck!! Will post pics maybe later this evening but for sure tomorrow. :)
I am so excited to see your results! Please keep us posted on your healing progress.
Today is day 4 post op and I'm extremely happy with the results, but I'm soooo sore and black and blue from one end to the other! 1 day post op I got very nauseated and was extremely dehydrated. My PS gave me 2 liters of IV fluids, and I haven't had the problem since. I can't believe already how much the shape of my body has changed. I'm still super swollen, but I can see the changes I wanted are there. My belly button is super cute too!! Dr. Green was just so awesome. I can't even tell you how much I appreciate his compassion and how he has been with me. I will be driving home 6 hours today by myself and that kind of scares me, but I'll just pull over and recline my seat and sleep if I need to. I hope everybody else is doing good! I'm so glad this is over and now just to heal. It's a lot of pain and discomfort but I have no regrets. :)
Great update Ms.! So happy to hear that despite the discomfort, you are not having any regrets! Please send us photos as soon as you feel up to it! I'm 4 days pre-op and having similar work done. I know there's alot of bruising to expect, but that will go away! I hope you're very careful on that long drive home! Take good care of yourself & good luck with your recovery!
Yes, I would suggest that every hour or so you get out and walk for 15 minutes or so. This helps to keep threats of blood clots down.I am so glad things r going so well for u.
Hi Ms. Majestic- I had to re- read the part that says you are driving six hours by yourself! I hope you made it home okay and that you are recovering well.
Hi there! Yes, I did it!! I drove the 6 hours but had to pull over to a rest area and I fell asleep in the car for over 2 hours. (running with A/C on.) I was SO worn out when I got home. I'm on day 5 post op and feeling pretty good. I am really bruised and swollen but so happy with the surgery and results. I can't wait to get these drains out and to start getting in shape. :) Thank you all for this place to go to. I love reading all of the results and stories.
So glad you made it home safely! Glad you are feeling better. When are you scheduled to have the drains removed?
Yes, good info! I've been walking but today since I'm home and it was over 100 degrees, I put the fan on the treadmill and did 15 minute sessions at 1.4 mph. Felt SO good. I hope it helps with the swelling, bruising and circulation, but I'm doing it to prevent blood clots and to get a jump start on my upcoming workouts. I'm so gimpy though. I must redicious hunched over walking on the treadmill.
I am so happy that the drive went well for u. U sound like things r going great and u r in great spirits. Congrats
Good luck.
Yah you!! I can't wait to hear about your surgery and results. So exciting! Your before pics r awesome so I'm sure you will have great results! Take care of you and keep posting!
Keeping you in my prayers for a safe successful surgery! Update us when you can! Best wishes!
can't wait to hear about your results. I'm 60 and having lipo August 22nd and am so scared the results won't be what I'm hoping for. I'm at least 15 lbs overweight but can't seem lose through restricting intake. Good Luck and I'm sure the results will be fabulous.
Thank you so much. I went for my pre-op today and I was so scared and nervous and Dr. Green within 2 sentences made me feel so confident and ready to do. He was fine with my 15 extra pounds and told me it's actually perfect because he can sculpt and has something to work with!!! I almost started crying!! I can't believe it's tomorrow. I'm ready except for one HUGE embarassing problem and I could really use some help on this. You're going to laugh, and it's funny, but it's NOT! I have such bad GAS! I bought gas/x and did an enema and I just don't know what to do!! I can just imagine being knocked out and knock out my poor PS. I wont have control because I'll be under. I don't want to run my Dr out of the room before he's done with my surgery, lol! All kidding aside, I'm freaking out!! Thank you Shirleykay for the kind words.
Thank you for sharing your story! Best of luck! I'm sure you'll have no regrets when you heal up & look amazing :)
Good luck! Can't wait to see your results.
What u r experiencing is normal. I was so much a basket case the morning of my surgery that I am sure the staff thought I was a true Looney toon. Everything turned out fine, I am sure u will have great results.
Thank you! I feel better today and have my excitement back. I've been thinking all day, "tomorrow I can say tomorrow is my pre-op and day after tomorrow, my EVENT!! Woohoo!!! I only met my PS once and he seemed nice and he has great reviews. I was super nervous and forgot to ask so many things. I hope he looks at me Monday and says, "I got this!!" Some are conservative about how much lipo they do. I watched a youtube video of the whole procedure and it seemed like the PS, (not mine,) left so much fat. Anyway, I guess I'm rambling, but I'm excited again and thank you ColoradoMaiden for your words of encouragement.