56 Year Old Mother of Two (And Grandmother!) Having a Full TT and Lipo of Inner & Outer Thighs. So Excited!!! - Sacramento, CA

I've been wanting to take care of my "pouch" for...

I've been wanting to take care of my "pouch" for over 30 years. After the c-section of my first son, I knew I was in trouble. 6 weeks after I could see a sagging of the skin and over the years, I have been in fantastic shape, to 25 pounds overweight and that pouch never goes away. I absolutely hate it and never feel good in my clothes. I am about 15 pounds overweight right now and I just swore I'd have it off before my big day, but with 5 days left, doesn't look like that's going to happen!! I feel extremely motivated to start working out again after I heal and just as soon as can. I think the stress of all I have going on right now may have contributed to not getting it off. This is going to be a life changing event for me and I just know I'll take really good care of myself and get the rest off. I just can't believe only 5 more days!!! I have all my meds, clothing, I even bought a recliner and one of those "Go Girls" lol! I'll take a picture of my before as soon as I can figure out why my camera isn't working. I've posted 3 or 4 times and hope I get a response this time!! I need to share this with somebody and my husband is the only one that knows.

I took some Pre Op Selfies.....

I've never taken a selfie and absolutely can't believe I am posting this for the world to see, but my excitement over the coming change in my life has me letting myself do it. PLUS, I see all the support and help this site offers. I have really big thighs and my clothes never fit well and the belly from the two kids. I just can't imagine how different it's going to be. I sure hope I won't be disappointed in the results! Most of you love yours so it makes me hopeful.

Okay, now I'm getting a bit scared!! 3 days to go!!!

I've been reading so many reviews and just the one or two where people aren't happy are so sad and scare the crap out of me! I've saved so long for this and it's super expensive and my hopes are so high. Most are happy and that's awesome, but I had to drive by myself 9 hours today and too much time on my hands and I'm tired. I will try to stay positive, but I'm super freaked out tonight. I just have to be flat!! One lady said they only removed 40 cc's for her lipo!! That's nothing!! Anyway, I'm definitely not going to back out. I'm paid and for the most part happy and excited, but these last minute fears are wearing on me. Maybe a good night sleep and read some good comments and I'll be good. I just totally need to remember my PS is awesome and I've got this!!!

One more hour to go!!!

Today is the big day and I'm ready! I had the most incredible Pre-op appt with Dr. Green yesterday. He was so supportive and answered every single question and took away every doubt and fear that I had. He's was really amazing with me and I needed that so much. I was a wreck before I got there. Also, I managed to get rid of problem that I had yesterday that was soooo bad! (I had gas and thought I was going to be passing gas while I was out on the table and run my nice Dr off!!!)
I think my life will be forever changed after today and I'll do my best to take care of my body and to live well in everyway, including my relationships with people. I feel blessed that there is a solution like this surgery for my problem and that I was able to save for it and do it. As all my Real Self peeps say, see you on the flat side!! I wish you that are soon the best of luck and those healing are feeling well. Bye...

1 week post op

I am having lot of bruising and swelling. I go back and forth about how I feel about my results so far. I trust my PS and so I'll just wait for judgement on all of it. My tummy is flat and that awful nasty skin is gone!!! I have been walking on the treadmill 4 times a day for 15 minutes each so I won't get a blood clot. We live in such a beautiful area but it's been so hot. Well over 100 everyday so I'm really happy I have the treadmill. Well, I've decided to post the pictures. I'll do it again when I look better. The bruises are horrible!! I feel pretty good though. Hope everybody is doing well with their prep for surgery or their healing!! :)

Time for my pitty party I guess

Today is day 10 post of and I'm scared to death that my stomach isn't going to be flat after all of this. I like having the flap of skin gone but I was really hoping for a flat belly. Guess it just isn't my body shape. I'm still very swollen, bruised and crippled up and hope it's just one of those days. I would appreciate any advice my RS friends have for getting this chin of mine up, and some of these bruises and the swelling down. I'm kind of thinking today, what have I done to myself. So many of you look fantastic but I look like I may have wasted a ton of money and beat myself up for something that is not obtainable. :( Okay, enough of my sob story. Hope you all are doing better than I am. :(

I'm doing better today!

I shouldn't have posted when I was tired and scared. Today I feel better and after getting out of the shower, took another post op. I do see improvement and feel more optimistic that my swelling will go away eventually and will be very pleased with my results. I still have my drains in. I have them clipped to the back of my underwear in this picture. I'm really scared that when I drive 6 hours to my PS on Monday, he won't be able to take out one of the drains. One is solid yellow and barely producing anything and the other is dark red and producing about 100 cc's a day. I hope I didn't tear anything. This has been going on for too long. 2 more days to clear up the drain. Has anybody else had this??
Well, I hope you all are well. I just don't know what I would have done without this RealSelf site. It's such an inspiration and a great tool to keep my head on straight when I get scared or discouraged. Here's my 12 day Post OP picture.

Here are pre op, 5 days and 12 days to compare

I'm plugging away at it. What is the name of that cream that some use to massage into the skin for swelling after lipo? I think it would be a good thing to try. Thanks in advance for any info that may be helpful. :) I think by seeing my own post today, that there is improvement from day 5! WooHoo!!!!

Week 4 after my TT and Lipo

I've had an infection that is causing lots of swelling and i'm sort of in a depression. I'm not feeling well and my stomach is just a swollen and puffy as it was before my surgery. I saw my PS yesterday and he says the swelling will go down but will take months. I hope my results will come. He added another antibiotic but today, I'm frustrated and just not happy. :(
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

hey majestic , how's the swelling going? I hope everything is getting better for you hun! I'm so scared I still haven't choose my doctor yet! its between dr. green and dr. Perry ugh and hearing about your infection isn't making it any better, do you think dr. green could have done anything different to prevent that from happening or is it just how your body reacted? keeping you in my prayers
Hi there Morgan10! I'm actually doing great! Very little swelling and my tummy looks terrific if I may say so myself!! It wasn't Dr. Green's fault on the infection. I have some issues that make me prone to infection. He did a great job and I love the shape. I need to get a picture for you. I would go with Dr. Green again in a heartbeat! He was amazing with me during my issues and gave me his personal cell number and wanted me to text him my progress everyday and he responded quickly, even though he was on vacation with his family. Can't wait to show you my new tummy!! I hate selfies, but will get one by the end of the day for you. Thanks for checking in and I hope you have great luck and success with your surgery!!
Hi Ms. Majestic- I was wondering how you are coming along with your healing. Is your infection all better? Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way.
Hi there! I'm doing much better! Infection is gone and just a bit of swelling. Hope you're doing well too. Thanks for checking in!!
Hope you're feeling better... XO
You look great. Hang in there, you will get through it.
To me u look terrific. I do nog know what u looked like in younger days but I just know that u r lining good now. I have learned I c a n not compare myself now with my younger self. I am just happy with the me now.
Stupid auto-correct. But u get the idea.
Congrats on your ps! Hang in there it is fairly early and unfortunately the SWELL HELL has began and the emotions will rise. Take a deep breath,rest,walk,hydrate,rest and Don't obsess over the results. It's not gonna happen overnight. I wish it was instant. I understand exactly hoe you feel and the roller caster of emotions are common and suck. This too shall pass. Stay positive. I do wish you the BEST! :)
Hi , Just wanted to say its going to be ok and get better , your body has been through major surgery give it time , I'm 7 weeks po and still have a lot of swelling I'm up 3 lbs from pre surgery cuz of swelling I can barely button jeans from before very upsetting but I just need to remember what I've done to my body and it will get better , Just be kind to yourself lots of leafy greens antioxidants green tea veggies get some lavender candles they are relaxing and listen to some spa music those are the things that me get through this , hope that helps ! Hugs !!!!
Thanks. This recovery isn't for sissies is it?
No kidding!! You nailed it!
I had lipo and lazor on abdominan flanks and breast augmintation . Only 5 days post op. Yes recovery isnt for the weak still swollen and pain ful the compression garment sucks i know where spanks everyday. Much better. When i shower i feel like my skin is just sagging feels yucky. Go to dr on wensday thats 8 days post op
I'm 5 days post op as well. Thought I'd be further along in my recovery by now. Trying to keep my head up. Most of my pain is in my back. I couldn't take Percocet they kept me awake for 4 days now I'm just on Tylenol.
Goldy are you the one who has d surgery the day before me? TT and Lipo? Im 57 125 lbs and always looked like my stomach was three month pregnant, Well 5 days post op still feel like that. My breasts are so swollen too. My body looks like a train ran me down. not on any meds they didn't help. Looking forward to seeing if this was worth the pain.
Yes I'm the one, my surgery was aug. 19. Breast lift with augmentation TT with lipo flanks and hips. I am swollen as well, from my pubic area to my collar bones. I'm not taking anything but Tylenol because the Percocet kept me up for 4 days. Everyone keeps telling me what a difference a week makes. I go back to ps on Tuesday. I took a muscle relaxer last night, made a world of difference.
yes I used muscle relaxer for the first couple of days. Didn't like the so I stopped it. I am only taking tylenol as needed. I started wearing my spanxs some sore spots putting it on. the small incision sites for the lipo are tender. My boobs look swollen like Im ready to nurse!!!! Yesterday My husband and I went to the mall and from walking I was swollen. So I have a family party second week of sept hoping to look better then. I only told my four kids .about the surgeries. Well keep me posted and happy healing
If it weren't for my back and arms I'd be almost perfect. My breasts are swollen so is my tummy but, I feel great . I walked 6.6 miles and did 40 flights of stairs today. I was worried about going back to work next Wednesday but I think I'll be ok. I'll lent ya know iF I crash tomorrow.
U do look truly amazing. I just had lipo but had no real problems. U sho u of do great. How many people at work know u had this done? If the Do not know they will be floored how great u look.
wow don't push yourself to hard. I am feeling good too. my breasts are swollen two and have a lot of bruising on my tummy but feeling good. tried on a bathing suite today holy smokes !!!!
I won't , just trying to build myself up for Wednesday when I have to go back to work . Went shopping today . When I got home by back was hurting.
Hi you look amazing !! I'm one month po From TT and had my drains in over 3 weeks had an appt with ps on tues and he had to aspirate fluid from tummy going back tomorrow to check if more needs to come out ! I was down to yellowish fluid about 8cc one side and 10 cc other side before he would take them out and still had to have it aspirated so some of us just get more fluid than others , hang in there ok !!
Did it hurt when he aspirated the fluid? I'm thinking I may need to have that too. I'm going to your page to check out your story. Thank you so much for commenting and for the compliment! You hang in there too! I sure hope you're 100% happy with your results when all healed up!
Hi, they numbed me first , so it was more uncomfortable than anything , nothing compared to what I've already been through ! If you looked on my Page I'm sure you saw that I had a lift and aug one week after tummy tuck dr took off 61/2 lbs of skin on tummy ! So my stomach is such a huge difference I think cuz I'm still healing and dealing with a few things from lift , can't say if I'm happy yet I think I am if that makes sense I've just been through so much and just kinda over the whole thing at this point you know ! Getting ready to go to doc now so hopefully no aspirating today and I will be able to start doing more , have a good day !!
Hi Kerie34, Hope you're feeling well and some of the swelling has gone down for you. That's the part that really sucks about all we've gone through. The swelling makes it look like it did before surgery and is very disheartening. I sure hope to have the flat belly i spent all this money for and went through this very intense recovery for. I hope the same for you. You're about 2 weeks ahead of me so just checking in to see how things are going for you. Hope all is well! :)