56 Year Old Mother of Two (And Grandmother!) Having a Full TT and Lipo of Inner & Outer Thighs. So Excited!!! - Sacramento, CA

I've been wanting to take care of my "pouch" for...

I've been wanting to take care of my "pouch" for over 30 years. After the c-section of my first son, I knew I was in trouble. 6 weeks after I could see a sagging of the skin and over the years, I have been in fantastic shape, to 25 pounds overweight and that pouch never goes away. I absolutely hate it and never feel good in my clothes. I am about 15 pounds overweight right now and I just swore I'd have it off before my big day, but with 5 days left, doesn't look like that's going to happen!! I feel extremely motivated to start working out again after I heal and just as soon as can. I think the stress of all I have going on right now may have contributed to not getting it off. This is going to be a life changing event for me and I just know I'll take really good care of myself and get the rest off. I just can't believe only 5 more days!!! I have all my meds, clothing, I even bought a recliner and one of those "Go Girls" lol! I'll take a picture of my before as soon as I can figure out why my camera isn't working. I've posted 3 or 4 times and hope I get a response this time!! I need to share this with somebody and my husband is the only one that knows.

I took some Pre Op Selfies.....

I've never taken a selfie and absolutely can't believe I am posting this for the world to see, but my excitement over the coming change in my life has me letting myself do it. PLUS, I see all the support and help this site offers. I have really big thighs and my clothes never fit well and the belly from the two kids. I just can't imagine how different it's going to be. I sure hope I won't be disappointed in the results! Most of you love yours so it makes me hopeful.

Okay, now I'm getting a bit scared!! 3 days to go!!!

I've been reading so many reviews and just the one or two where people aren't happy are so sad and scare the crap out of me! I've saved so long for this and it's super expensive and my hopes are so high. Most are happy and that's awesome, but I had to drive by myself 9 hours today and too much time on my hands and I'm tired. I will try to stay positive, but I'm super freaked out tonight. I just have to be flat!! One lady said they only removed 40 cc's for her lipo!! That's nothing!! Anyway, I'm definitely not going to back out. I'm paid and for the most part happy and excited, but these last minute fears are wearing on me. Maybe a good night sleep and read some good comments and I'll be good. I just totally need to remember my PS is awesome and I've got this!!!

One more hour to go!!!

Today is the big day and I'm ready! I had the most incredible Pre-op appt with Dr. Green yesterday. He was so supportive and answered every single question and took away every doubt and fear that I had. He's was really amazing with me and I needed that so much. I was a wreck before I got there. Also, I managed to get rid of problem that I had yesterday that was soooo bad! (I had gas and thought I was going to be passing gas while I was out on the table and run my nice Dr off!!!)
I think my life will be forever changed after today and I'll do my best to take care of my body and to live well in everyway, including my relationships with people. I feel blessed that there is a solution like this surgery for my problem and that I was able to save for it and do it. As all my Real Self peeps say, see you on the flat side!! I wish you that are soon the best of luck and those healing are feeling well. Bye...

1 week post op

I am having lot of bruising and swelling. I go back and forth about how I feel about my results so far. I trust my PS and so I'll just wait for judgement on all of it. My tummy is flat and that awful nasty skin is gone!!! I have been walking on the treadmill 4 times a day for 15 minutes each so I won't get a blood clot. We live in such a beautiful area but it's been so hot. Well over 100 everyday so I'm really happy I have the treadmill. Well, I've decided to post the pictures. I'll do it again when I look better. The bruises are horrible!! I feel pretty good though. Hope everybody is doing well with their prep for surgery or their healing!! :)

Time for my pitty party I guess

Today is day 10 post of and I'm scared to death that my stomach isn't going to be flat after all of this. I like having the flap of skin gone but I was really hoping for a flat belly. Guess it just isn't my body shape. I'm still very swollen, bruised and crippled up and hope it's just one of those days. I would appreciate any advice my RS friends have for getting this chin of mine up, and some of these bruises and the swelling down. I'm kind of thinking today, what have I done to myself. So many of you look fantastic but I look like I may have wasted a ton of money and beat myself up for something that is not obtainable. :( Okay, enough of my sob story. Hope you all are doing better than I am. :(

I'm doing better today!

I shouldn't have posted when I was tired and scared. Today I feel better and after getting out of the shower, took another post op. I do see improvement and feel more optimistic that my swelling will go away eventually and will be very pleased with my results. I still have my drains in. I have them clipped to the back of my underwear in this picture. I'm really scared that when I drive 6 hours to my PS on Monday, he won't be able to take out one of the drains. One is solid yellow and barely producing anything and the other is dark red and producing about 100 cc's a day. I hope I didn't tear anything. This has been going on for too long. 2 more days to clear up the drain. Has anybody else had this??
Well, I hope you all are well. I just don't know what I would have done without this RealSelf site. It's such an inspiration and a great tool to keep my head on straight when I get scared or discouraged. Here's my 12 day Post OP picture.

Here are pre op, 5 days and 12 days to compare

I'm plugging away at it. What is the name of that cream that some use to massage into the skin for swelling after lipo? I think it would be a good thing to try. Thanks in advance for any info that may be helpful. :) I think by seeing my own post today, that there is improvement from day 5! WooHoo!!!!

Week 4 after my TT and Lipo

I've had an infection that is causing lots of swelling and i'm sort of in a depression. I'm not feeling well and my stomach is just a swollen and puffy as it was before my surgery. I saw my PS yesterday and he says the swelling will go down but will take months. I hope my results will come. He added another antibiotic but today, I'm frustrated and just not happy. :(
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Congrats on your ps! Hang in there it is fairly early and unfortunately the SWELL HELL has began and the emotions will rise. Take a deep breath,rest,walk,hydrate,rest and Don't obsess over the results. It's not gonna happen overnight. I wish it was instant. I understand exactly hoe you feel and the roller caster of emotions are common and suck. This too shall pass. Stay positive. I do wish you the BEST! :)
Hi , Just wanted to say its going to be ok and get better , your body has been through major surgery give it time , I'm 7 weeks po and still have a lot of swelling I'm up 3 lbs from pre surgery cuz of swelling I can barely button jeans from before very upsetting but I just need to remember what I've done to my body and it will get better , Just be kind to yourself lots of leafy greens antioxidants green tea veggies get some lavender candles they are relaxing and listen to some spa music those are the things that me get through this , hope that helps ! Hugs !!!!
Hi you look amazing !! I'm one month po From TT and had my drains in over 3 weeks had an appt with ps on tues and he had to aspirate fluid from tummy going back tomorrow to check if more needs to come out ! I was down to yellowish fluid about 8cc one side and 10 cc other side before he would take them out and still had to have it aspirated so some of us just get more fluid than others , hang in there ok !!
Did it hurt when he aspirated the fluid? I'm thinking I may need to have that too. I'm going to your page to check out your story. Thank you so much for commenting and for the compliment! You hang in there too! I sure hope you're 100% happy with your results when all healed up!
Hi, they numbed me first , so it was more uncomfortable than anything , nothing compared to what I've already been through ! If you looked on my Page I'm sure you saw that I had a lift and aug one week after tummy tuck dr took off 61/2 lbs of skin on tummy ! So my stomach is such a huge difference I think cuz I'm still healing and dealing with a few things from lift , can't say if I'm happy yet I think I am if that makes sense I've just been through so much and just kinda over the whole thing at this point you know ! Getting ready to go to doc now so hopefully no aspirating today and I will be able to start doing more , have a good day !!
You look great!! I hope to schedule my surgery on the next few week!
Hey @msmajestic your looking great! Happy for you! I'm in Sacramento was interested in going to dr green my self.. Please keep us updated with your progress! Thank you
Thank you morgan10! Love Dr Green. I highly recommend him. He's a warm person and great surgeon. :) Good luck!!
Thank you that makes me feel so much better!
you look great. i am having lipo on my flanks and upper abdomen and breast implants. Im 57 yrs old gave birth to four children and I too have wanted this for many years. Im afraid of the pain even though I know its temporary. I felt like i was to old but Im 125 lbs and 5 ft 4 inches, active and take good care of myself. Aug 20th is the date!!
Debjoetokyo, good for u. You deserve it, raising four kids is a lot of work. Good luck.
scare has anyone had lipo flanks and abs and breast implants? how long of a recovery
I'm 59 and my day is August 19th. TT with lipo, breast augmentation and lift. I'm excited and scared. Excited about the new me and scared about being under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I'll be thinking about you on Monday.
Hi Goldy, Good luck with your big day! I am just so sure you'll love it! I've had a few complications, but ZERO regrets. I'll be thinking about you Monday and can't wait to see how you're doing. I'm 56 and feel like you're never too old to be the best you can be! Hugs!!
Thank you. Is there anything in particular that I will need post op? Dressings !
My surgeon provided me with 2 compression garments, an additional compression belt for my TT and plenty of dressings for changing when needed. I liked having my walker for the first week to get my walk time in without worrying about falling down. Also a hot/cold pack. I LOVED how the heat felt on my tummy. Lots of water and Gatorade, crackers, I found the "Freshette" extremely helpful too. You'll have to Google that one, lol! Will tell you it worked perfect! I had several comfy cotton dresses that weren't binding that were good. I liked BioOil for massaging my tummy and sides. Anywhere I had work done. Everything gets so bound and it just brings tears to your eyes to massage!! Good luck, hope this helps!
wow we are a day apart. I took before pics of myself just to see. Went out today bought some bali comfort bras , button down shirts. picked up all my meds too. I am scared also this is a big deal. My husband isn't thrilled and my kids think Im nuts. But Im doing it. Good luck you will do fine. Sending white healing light your way. Post after how your feeling.
thanks I am excited and worried at the same time. Thanks for your comment
I will. My husband is fine with it, my 35 year old daughter has said nothing. I told her and she just looked at me. I asked her if she had any questions and she said 'no' and that was that. My prayers are with you. Let me know how you are doing. What time is your surgery?
I think you guys are on the wrong page, but I wish you all luck and hope you have amazing results!!!! I was getting confused at my notifications but see that someone starting posting about their upcoming surgery. Fine with me!! It just took me a few minutes to figure out what you were talking about since I had my surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago. Good luck and heal fast!!!
Thanks! I appreciate all the information I can get . I didn't get any pre meds.
You look fantastic! I know from previous experience with a face lift that the healing never seems to be as fast as we hope for. Sometimes it's hard to see improvement when looking in the mirror daily, but trust me, your improvement is very apparent. Have a safe drive tomorrow.
U r making terrific strides and looking so good. Congrats
Ms. Majestic- I am so impressed with your results!!! He did a fantastic job. I have read a lot of information about tummy tucks and based on what I read, your swelling (and emotions) are normal. I love what he did with your belly button. Thanks for sharing your pics. The transformation is amazing! Happy healing ;)
Thank you so much Kissed!! That was really nice of you to say and brightened my day!! I am just wiped out and that's pretty much contributing to my down times. I'm normally a really upbeat happy person, but to tired for all that and just healing. Your comments really hit me perfectly today. :) I hope all is well with you too!!!