Permalip Implant (5mm)

I decided to get large permalip implants on both...

I decided to get large permalip implants on both my upper and lower lip. I had used fillers before and really liked the look of a full sexy mouth. Fillers can be quite expensive over time and the implants are the cost of 2 juvaderm filler procedures, so financially it is definitely worth it to me. The swelling took about a week to completely subside and I'am quite happy with the results. There is still some numbness and tingling,but that takes a couple months to go away. I can feel the implants but they feel natural, just a little firm. Overall, so far so good. I have posted pictures below.... Let me know what you think! :)

Whew! So It has been 7 weeks since surgery and...

Whew! So It has been 7 weeks since surgery and I've finally gained full mobility back in both lips. They were chapping and peeling badly too so I've been using Blistex like every couple hours. Other than those two issues, I love my results and totally satisfied with my lips!!! I've been getting compliments on a daily basis. People can't tell they've been enhanced either! ...hehehe I'm sneaky. I love not having to wonder when my filler is going to dissolve and slowly watch my pucker deflate. Finally found permanent solution and over the long run the procedure is definitely worth the investment! I highly recommend my surgeon and Permalip to anyone considering implants.

5 months later looking good!

I finally feel used to the size and that the implants are part of me. Sensation is back completely and my boyfriend can't feel anything when kissing. I forget I even have implants! 8 )
Dr. Charles Perry

Hi noey I just had my perma lip implans done today their really swollen is their a way u could let me know what types of food u ate that where more comfortable ?
Hi Noey, What size were your lips before you had the implants or any filler? I have to get fillers every 2 months as they don't last in my lips :( your implants look great & I would love some myself :) also, do you have to have any filler removed before having the implants? Thanks Charlie
Hi Noey! thank you for the review! My procedure is coming up very soon (this tuesday!) and am doing local anesthetic, not getting put to sleep.. my boyfriend tells me this is a terrible idea and that I will be in so much pain, was wondering if you did local and if you felt anything? thank you! :)
Hi Serenades. Sorry I didn't get back to you in time. Hope your surgery went well! From my research Id say the procedure is usually done locally or sometimes with no anesthesia at all. I didn't do local and was just numbed. but it was extremely nerve-wracking and uncomfortable. ( I could feel all the tugging and pulling) It didn't hurt but I feel they should've given me a sedative to help calm nerves!
These look great. I have been doing Juvederm and I really want something permanent. I was just wondering, how long did it take for you to recover? Were you able to do things the next week or no? I just want to know how long I'll have to take off work, especially before swelling goes down!
Thanks. It took only a few days for my body to feel normal. There was still a lot of swelling for the first two weeks. For the first 3 days, I couldn't eat any solid food and had trouble drinking too. I would give yourself at least 4-5 days to recover before you go back to work! Good luck!
What are the types of foods u ate after surgery I'm on day 1 I got 5mm top and bottem just wondering what foods u found easiest to eat
Does anyone feel the implant easily when touching your lips?
No it's very natural feeling. Even if I'm kissing someone deep they can't feel it... And haven't mentioned anything to me.
Hello. You look great! I'm thinking of getting the implants but have a couple concerns. I was just wondering if you lost any sensation in your lips at all? Or if it changed the way you talk? Thanks :)
Wondering if you feel that you've lost upper tooth show because of the implant?
That was actually something I was worried about, but willing to take the risk. I'm happy to report no loss of tooth show at all. The amount of teeth showing when smiling is exactly the same. The upper lip just looks much fuller, of course.
your lips look great and they're actually not "duck like". really nice :-) where did you get it done? i think it's the cheapest that I've seen here, did you get a special of some sort?
Love your results! I think I'm def. leaning more towards the permalip now opposed to the verafil. Did you ever contemplate other implants other than permalip? Anyhow, keep us updated! p.s. can you give the name of your surgeon? thanks!
Thanks, I decided on Permalip because it's supposedly the most natural feeling and looking. I also saw three different surgeons for consultations, and they all recommended Permalip for me. Didn't really contemplate other brands. My surgeons name is Charles Perry, he works out of Chrysallis cosmetics in Sacramento.
hey, they look really good, but i do see one lower side being bigger than the other, and that is what really scares me. Did you doctor explain you how this can happen? I mean, after all, the implant is the same as on the other side :///. I would hate to have asymmetrical lips ... Are they getting softer now? C
Everything's good now. I had filler underneath implant which was causing the bump. Doc gave me a shot of hydrochloric acid which dissolved filler and it looks great now. They are feeling better...it has been almost 3 weeks and I still have trouble drinking and can't whistle. So hopefully I'll continue to heal and gain more mobility back shortly.
oh, excellent, good to know (six months at least from last filler before op) :). Let us know how it goes please . C
You are a brave soul to do it awake :) lips look awesome :) how is your bottom lip doing...was it just swollen