This is for Me - Sacramento, CA

Soo here I am... I am one month away from my...

Soo here I am... I am one month away from my surgery date I am excited and nervous. I started this process 2 years ago and backed out the first time because I thought I wasn't doing it for the right reasons. Now here I am two years later, my mind is set and I'm ready to do this for me. I'm looking forward to a healthier mentally and physically me. Is there any thing I can do to prepare before the surgery.? I exercise daily, drink plenty of water and have been taking the vitamins for months now.

Count down

Just had my pre surgery visit with my surgeon, and am very pleased that the pre surgery diet will only be for two days!
I have three weeks before my surgery and I am feeling a little more relaxed.
Can't wait for the new healthy me!

3 days before my surgery

Getting excited... The day I've been waiting for is becoming more realistic. It feels like my journey to a healthier me has taken its sweet time to get here.
A tip for others.. make sure you ask your Dr. If you need to stop taking your birth control before surgery. They didn't talk about that in the pre - op class. I found out by having things delayed for 30 days.
I also started my pre - op diet a week before my surgery even though my Dr. Just requires 2 days prior. I figured this would prepare me mentally for what the menu would be like after the surgery.

Recovery

It's the day after my surgery and all went well. My Dr. did discover a hernia so that was repaired at the same time.
The pain right after surgery was boarder line unbearable but, once I was fully away and moved into my room it was getting better. It's hard to tell if I'm hungry or in pain. After speaking to my Dr he said it was most likely pain.
I'm not hungry what so ever but, I am very thirsty.
I'm excited for this new journey and although I have alot of pain I would do it again. No regrets!!
More pictures to come and a week to track my progress.

A hard week

Thank goodness this week is almost over!!
The pain is minimal but the nausea comes and goes. I'm starting to recognize it sooner and that way I can record what I was eating/drinking that brought it on. Today it was broth..One too many sips.
I'm excited to get past this stage and start working out again. My first follow up appointment with the surgeon is Thursday.. I haven't seen any weight loss is this typical for this early on?

One week after surgert

5 weeks post op

What a wonderful tool I have been given!
I'm 39 lbs healthier and loving life. I've got a lot more energy now and it's making working out more enjoyable.

Another milestone

Thursday I will be 6 weeks post op and I have hit my 3rd milestone since surgery. The first two were lowering my blood pressure and blood sugars!!!. The 3rd is I am now in ONDERLAND!!!!.. Although the first two were my number one priority. . The 3rd one is very exciting.. it's been 10 years since I've been under the 200 lbs weight...

Two months post op

Question.... I've hit my first stall.. I haven't lost any weight in a week.. is this normal?.. I work out daily and measure and weight everything.. Is there anythingI can do to get things moving again.

Three month check up time

May 6th will be my three month check up visit. Since surgery I have lost a total of 62 lbs. Yeay!!!.. Last month I hit a stall that lasted for almost three weeks which was discouraging. Thank goodness it started moving again, thanks for everyone that posted similar experiences that helped me realize I wasn't the only one.
Here's to the next 60 lbs to go!!

Four Months out

Feeling great.. The 6th of June i will be four months out. Starting weight 243 today's weight 169.

6 months

6 months out

seven months post op

Seven months out and i am feeling great!.. My weight loss has slowed down significantly but, I'm still losing and that's all that matters. My Dr. Wants me to get to 120-125 lbs.. hope my body wants to get with that plan.
So I was donating my larger clothing today and discovered I still had a pair of my old pants hidden in the closet.. I thought I would have a visual reminder and put them on to show my youngest daughter just how big i once was. Gotta love her.. she told me that in her eyes i was never that big. I also explained to her that those were not the biggest pants i wore.
So tonight for inspiration to myself and others I've decided to post a picture of the difference.
Kaiser