Bad Botox on May 30, 2014 - Sacramento, CA

My 62 birthday was 2 weeks away. I had just had my...

My 62 birthday was 2 weeks away. I had just had my lip lines Juverdermed and now just needed my frown lines to diminish...wanted to look pretty and refreshed for an awesome summer. I had exciting events planned and was so looking forward to it. So the $$$ invested hurt a lot; but it was important to me. I had a rough few years and was seeking a fun summer social calendar!

continued story...

So I got some Botox in my forehead frown lines...and waited till the effects very excited to see my unfurrowed brow. But 4 days later when the botox set in, I was horrified! I looked like a mean hoot owl! My eyebrows were pressing downward and my eyes had a really mean expression. needless to say I was freaking out and went back into the doctors office because she claimed she could fix it. Fix it with MORE botox. :(

I had read online that that was actually the way to correct it...so it made sense and I decided to trust her. But the second treatment only made my expression WORSE! Two weeks later after much distress, I went for a second opinion with a Botox specialist. He explained how the muscles work and what was that an improperly...but regardless of what he says, I don't believe I will subject myself to Botox ever ever ever again. I am now into my 6 weeks of misery and don't see it starting to diminish whatsoever. If I didn't have to go to work everyday I'd be hiding out in my own house for fear of scaring people!
I am too embarrassed to explain to anyone that I spent money I could not afford ...on BOTOX...simply trying to look pretty for my birthday. It backfired!

6 weeks into my Botox recovery

I still hate my eyes...my mean and angry look. But I am noticing a subtle difference today. I have been steaming my forehead with a hot washcloth morning and night. I wonder if that has helped speed this healing process along a bit.
Until now I have had to scotch tape my foehead to leave my home...which helps to lift & hold my brows up. Then I wear a cute fedora hat to hide the tape. Why's that crazy lady got scotch tape on her forehead???

But it worked to get me through this. Sadly, I can't wear a hat to my desk job...my office workers would really wonder about me. So I've been lying to everyone about a "horrible sinus infection" which is finally starting to recover. I hate this Botox experience!!
What a fool to put myself through this lousy 6 weeks...and probably another 6 weeks to go. :(

Still very unhappy!

so here it is August 13th I had my Botox injections on May 30th...so I am fast approaching my 12 weeks. I still look in the mirror I still see angry eyes nowhere near what I normally look like. Yes I had a slight improvement at week 6...but pretty much just stays the same since that time. I am becoming very worried that this is a permanent state and that women of 62 years of age should not be messing with relaxing any muscles around their eyes. My eyebrows are still pressing downward...making me appear very tired and even worse...mean!

into 4th month

My initial Botox treatment was May 30...so I am now into my 4th month (14 weeks???). Still not happy with this very slow recovery because I notice NO improvement each day.

4 months.....still hate Botox!

I still feel the tension in my forehead, too. I know they say no more than 6 months, but this feels so permanent???

My eyes are still slightly hooded (one more then the other) and I look very angry. I have decided to use scotch tape every night at bedtime, which keeps the 11s from forming between my brows. I will do that trick forever more.
Skin & Laser Center

I always liked Rachel in the past, so this review is for past experience. The low stars are for my recent mishap with botox. Three times before, I had Juvederm in my lips. She was quite expert with fillers and was extremely popular in our area. In fact, she was always too booked to even get an appointment! My last appt changed everything.