Perlane Never Again-Going to Obliterate This Crap from my Face Using Sauna, Microcurrent, and Lymphstar Pro - Royal Oak, MI

Suffice it to say I no longer look human in...

Suffice it to say I no longer look human in certain lighting. My cheeks were pumped sideways across my face with too much Perlane, exposing old Perlane that was formerly in my NLF. product does not seem to resorb in me. I have read about hyaurolondaise- not doing it. I am posting this to let anyone who is in similar situation that I am going to try testing jump starting my lymphatic system to push/drag this stuff out if my face. I bought a rebounder/trampoline (great for lymphatic system movement), going to hot stones sauna at gym, eating mostly vegetables, will be starting microcurrent and Lymphstar Pro treatments as soon as I can book the appointments.

I literally have piles of flesh on each side of my mouth now (did not prior to treatment) with crap inside that freezes up in the cold, thaws at room temp, and actually becomes soft in the sauna. The board certified dermatologist made injections around each side of my mouth for some reason. The end result is kind if beyond description, other than does not occur in nature. The lines of crap are clearly visible in the mirror. There is no question to anyone looking at me that something is in there. To make things even more fun, I was not injected evenly, so I'm completely asymmetrical now. Loved my symmetry before. My smile is destroyed.

Hopefully I'll be able to add photos to this later.

Update #1

My dermatologist referred me to another derm who has used hyaurolondaise before. Both recommended I not do it. Also, I'd emailed a highly reputable cosmetic surgeon, with pictures. His response was that he recommends no further procedures at this time. (Which I took to mean that I am such a mess that any attempt to fix will only make it worse.) I have a photo of one portion of the problem that I will add to this update. The photo is coming off an iPad, and may not be viewable on laptops. People can comment and let me know if that's the case.

I've done two days of sauna now and daily rebounding (jumping) for about a week. It's hard to jump for long because after only a couple of minutes, my stomach starts glugging up and down. Probably from being so empty. It's hard to eat anything when I'm this anxious about my face. To that end, my doctor (not my dermatologist) recommended I take Gama Calm, which I started tonight. Still anxious. Will update on that too as modality to get through waiting out the time it takes for Perlane to resorb. When I went back to the injecting dermatologist the second time to show her my face, she told me not to be anxious lest I crease my forehead, and to go to my family doctor for anti-depressants. My family doctor is a naturopath, hence the Gama Calm.

It is so hard waiting.

Update #3 (I accidentally put Update #2 in the comments)

Still first half of December

Had one LymphStar Pro session to get my lymph flowing to drag this stuff out. The woman rested the wand against each cheek for a while to encourage drainage from those areas.

Also had first accupuncture treatment to ensure no energy blockages preventing this stuff from leaving my body.

Went to a doctor that me dermatologist found for me who was ready to out me on Prozac or Zoloft at my dermatologist's suggestion. I said no, that's not me. I was the happiest I've ever been in my life until two months ago (the time of injection). She prescribed me Xanax instead. I plan not to take them. Benadryl is getting me through the really rough patches. I normally don't even take Advil. I considered wine, but then put the bottle back on the shelf when I saw the alcohol content. Alcohol just isn't me.

Not looking in mirrors or taking photos helps, but it's so hard not to for any stretch of time.

Update #4

Still beginning of December.

Read online of two people who said that stevia masks removed their filler! Want to try (as ridiculous as it sounds) but afraid of the taut skin tightening effect everyone seems to have during/from it. Being overfilled has me PLENTY taut enough. I don't know if I've mentioned it on here before, but my face is downright uncomfortable with all this crap in it. I'd had filler before, but had never been overfilled before or had big heavy implants gloving my skin together alongside each side of my mouth. And they ARE implants. I've been reading medical papers on what this stuff really is. I will refrain from saying more about this right now. Back on the topic at hand...my skin is stretched enough by all this overfill that I fear any more tightening of it with a stevia mask, but where there's hope, I gotta try. Maybe this weekend.

Update #5

I found that there are certain search words that pull up actual scientific papers on the HA fillers rather than all the marketing and cosmetic procedure websites. I found a paper that says excess amounts of riboflavin (vitamin B-2) metabolizes the processes that break down hyaurolonic acid. I'm on it. Taking three B-complex vitamins per day. Also, stopping taking vitamin C, as it fuels collageneses.

Update #6

For the second time, saw the dermatologist that the injector referred me to after things went wrong. She said even if I wanted the hyaurolondaise, she wouldn't use it on me. She said it would wipe everything out, leading to more shots to rebuild, over a long course of time, and for a lot of money. She told me to use an electric toothbrush to try to break this stuff up. She said just wait six months. She said it's not permanent scar tissue because she can clearly feel the implants in there. She gave me revived spirit to keep going.

Update #7

Only did two times in the hot stones sauna, back in November time frame, because now I'm too self conscious to go to the gym. I only go to work and one grocery store. There is another grocery store that I'd prefer to go to, but there is one part of the grocery store I do go to where the lighting has me looking normal (ish) so I hang out in that one section and talk to the woman who works there. She said she is an artist. And asked me what my doctor was trying to do when she did this...fill in all the lines?? I said I didn't know (I don't). Beyond the three lines I asked to be filled, I have no idea what the rest of the mess was even for. My favorite part of my face...my cheeks and natural smile...were destroyed. It's an interesting thing to find out afterward that your doctor never cared about your face, your cheeks, or your smile. I had no idea those things could be wrecked by light line correction, and I assumed anyone putting something in my face...particularly a doctor...particularly a dermatologist...would care about me and my skin. A dermatologist can rearrange a face??? Apparently so. I can tell you for sure...YES. Now I know. Has anyone else been told of this risk??

Anyway, my update is I think I've researched dermal filler more than my doctor has at this point, so apparently I care more about what went wrong than she does.

This is the hardest way to wreck your whole life in thirty minutes that I can think of. Please, anyone reading this, stay away from dermal filler if you care about your face, physical comfort, or life.

Update #8

Early February, 2014. The horrible filler, if anything, has gained volume rather than reduced. There are studies online to support this, one in particular actually. (Google "36 months persistance Restylane") In the conclusion, the authors guess at why the "correction" is increasing rather than reducing, and conclude that further study is needed. Anyway, that's what seems to be going on. I have a bolt that looks like something on Frankenstein's neck sticking out on the left side of my face where The Most Ungifted, Unartistic dermatologist in the world apparently crossed squirts of dermal filler lines. I honestly think she must be blind to have done such a horrible job. I looked GREAT when I went in. All she had to do was...almost nothing!! At least follow my God given lines rather than create a bunch of scar-looking formations running perpendicular to the ground. It's like she TRIED to age me by 15-20 years. And then to be so dumbfounded afterward as to why I don't like having my face wrecked? I think she's insane because nothing else could explain it. She tried to convince me I only THINK I had cheeks before. I showed her a picture taken shortly before the injections. She zoomed on it, stared hard for a long time, then declared, "You were wearing makeup!" Yes, I was wearing LIPSTICK, which to my knowledge does not create big apple cheeks. She is insane. Anyway, my follow up is I can't wait to rid my face of all this crap so I can have my authentic face back. She stole me cheeks, then tried to tell me it looked good, probably with the intent of making me a needle junkie, but it did the exact opposite. I'm out of the filler game. I view my face as a wound now (particularly due to the nerve pain, irritation, and drooling her handiwork caused) and I will heal. This wound will heal. And it'll heal even faster and better than it would have if I'd taken the Prozac she kept trying to shove down my throat. That woman might have a "doctor" title, but she is no healer, and in fact promotes and causes unwell being. She is a dangerous zombie in a white lab coat.

Six months in...no improvement

Why a doctor thought I wanted V's next to my mouth I have no idea. I guess it was to announce that I'm from the planet Voltron, as I now look to be. I definitely don't look human anymore. No human has giant V's protruding on her face. I looked so good before all this. I wish my doctor had told me she was a moron ahead of time, instead of letting me find out too late. Shouldn't a board certified dermatologist make it her business to remove unwanted growths from her patients rather than implant them?

I've tried everything, including a departure from veganism, thinking the enzymes in animal meats will help break down this ridiculous insano-glue. So far, no luck, but I have gained ten pounds.

I don't know of too many other women who are dying to be old. I'm thinking by then, this will all be over, and I will have a normal face again. Please, God, let this be over. It's Easter. Do me a solid. Melt this crap like you melted the lakes just this past week.

When you're begging God for facial combustion, you know you're not at the top of the queue. He probably has other stuff going on, like wars.

What else is there to do?? I've got way too many allergies to consider hyaluronidase. My (ex) dermatologist keeps offering me injected steroids to address her overfill. (She doesn't do hyaluronidase.)

I just want to leave it all alone in the belief that nature will run its course in my face as it does in the woods, which, not coincidentally, is where I now spend most of my time when not huddled up at home afraid to go anywhere because of my face. I keep hoping the woods will heal my face, and bring it back to nature.

Garbage in the woods eventually disappears. Maybe this garbage in my face can also be tumbled out by nature.

April 22, 2013

Six calendar months and two weeks ago today, I woke up with a normal, pretty face. I had no idea my entire life was going to be derailed by a dermatologist before nightfall.

I used to constantly get compliments on my beautiful skin and my youthful looks. People were always looking at me and smiling as I walked downtown. Now people look away when I smile at them.

Today I learned that where I belong now is a run down Dollar General next door to the Salvation Army. Nobody smiled at me, but I felt more on par with these people than I do with the well groomed people with anatomically correct faces that I see downtown.

I used to not understand how anyone could be self-conscious/ have social anxiety, etc. now I literally feel unfit to go to Meijer. The lighting there is hell on my horribly filled face.

Nobody should have to live like this. And by live, I mean "live". God, let this end.

April 23, 2014

I wrote the year wrong on yesterday's entry.

Woke up to birds singing. I love that. Went in the bathroom and saw my face. Had to look away to try to cut off all the negative emotions. I used to love my face, up to October 8, 2013. A doctor who told me there was no risk to this substance completely wrecked my face with it.

I'm just waiting for the big wound that is my face to heal. This just has to go away. I don't even know how I keep going to work. I love my job and my coworkers, but I have thought about quitting every single day since this happened. The stress of going anywhere with this face is overwhelming. I'm a very strong person, but this is just about more than I can take.

May 17, 2014 New Dermatologist

So I tried to establish a relationship with a new dermatologist. She swears that this mess will be gone at twelve months, which is in less than five months. She kept sating, "It HAS to go away." If only I could believe that. This nightmare feels like forever. Being confident enough to leave my house- which was only seven months, one week, and five days ago- feels like another lifetime. Living life as an outlier of society is horrible. It's so hard to believe this will really end. A lawyer contacted me a couple of weeks ago. Just getting from one minute to the next is hard enough. Will this really ever go away? It's so hard and heavy in my face, and seems to be growing rather than shrinking, particularly on the left side. I didn't want protruding growths added to my face. I can't believe I've managed to keep working through this, but I have. It's so hard to go back on Mondays, even though I love my job. It's the gruesome surreality of having growths all over my face that make it so hard to live now. I'd give everything I have just to have my face back.

June 12, 2014 - Every day is hell

If anyone is reading this who hasn't already let someone bludgeon their face with filler injections, don't do it. Or, if you do it, be very, very careful. My advice is do NOT let someone just "have at it" on your face. Make sure they explain, prior to each injection, why they are putting it there, and what the effect will be. Make sure it makes sense to you!!!

I have nonsensical pillars of goo that were installed on what used to be flat, unlined skin, and now, as a result, I have skin that pops out, and folds around the pillar. What else was my skin to do? It was fine to begin with, and stuff was put into it, creating bulk in areas where human faces are supposed to be flat (as mine was). It is ridiculous that a doctor would do something so completely unnecessary ("First, do no harm"???) but she did it, and now it is my sentence to live out.

Every day is utter hell. The filler is the first and only thing I think about from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep each night. I let someone wreck my face because I trusted her. Learn from me. Don't let this happen to you. Trust nobody. It is your face for you to live with, and whatever happens, you'll be in it alone. It's horrifying. Save yourself. Stay away from filler, OR, if you feel you must do it, supervise every single injection prior to it being placed in your face, injection by injection. Don't worry about being That Patient. I was worried about being That Patient, so I kept my mouth shut when things didn't feel right...what she was doing didn't make sense. And now the doctor has zero remorse, and I'm the one who has to figure out how to get through each day with a face that looks deformed, more so in certain lighting than others, fearing my own reflection and ending my social life as a result.

Also, don't believe the "it's only a few months" hype/ lie. I've had this in my face for eight months, and at my most recent ultrasound, learned that there has been no change since baseline. There are no signs of it breaking down whatsoever.

Save yourself.

You have lived with this a long time. Perhaps try to find someone to dissolve it? Seriously consider a treatment with hyaluronidase by someone VERY experienced. Travel if necessary. It needs to be administered in VERY small doses and VERY dilute. The injections need to be medium deep or it will show on your skin. Do not let them put it near your eyes.
I had perlane injections done in 2011. I was not going to do them but the injector said just these words, "it's totally safe", so to that I was convinced. Well the first reaction was my lip swelled up huge that evening. Then it went downhill, I think most of it went into my whole body because I stagger with the flu like symptoms,aching, hoarseness in voice came,vision changes. My lip went down but now I live in constant pain and had to give up all activities, physical and social. It really sucks. Some days are tough to get through.no one has answers. I went back to where I had injections done and they said they had never heard of anything like this. They said I must have Lyme disease.(not). If you look up Botox all the the adverse side effects are in me. I had gone for Botox which I had done fine with before so I'm wondering if she injected perlane too deep and it went throughout my body or if she injected Botox in the same manner since I was originally going to do Botox. Perlane is injected deeper into skin. She must have hit a vein. My life is hell. No life pretty much. Before I was active, golfing , walking, doing anything I wanted. Run from these products because you never know when your unlucky day is. Hate pharmaceutical comps. They don't care as long as they sell.
Who did the Perlane ? They made a real mess. I went to a place in Bloomfield where the doctor injected a whole cc of collagen into a slight marionette line I had at the time and I looked like a lopsided chipmunk for 3 months. One cc usually did my WHOLE face. What a waste. Made sure to leave bad comments on Yellow Book and Yellow pages. (Never believe Yelp, they take money for their reviews). Now I go to a nurse who teaches injectables and does a beautiful job. Perlane is great as it lasts at least 9-12 months, even for lines above the lip. Too bad whoever did you did a lousy job. You would have loved it if they had done it right. I have a allergic reaction to Juvaderm ... red bumps that look like acne. So I know what it's like waiting for something to dissipate. Luckily Juvaderm never lasts the full 6 months they promise :)
Woah...I feel really bad for u! The dermatologist should of explained that u should not be in the heat or near the heat! Before my injections, my dermatologist even told me NOT to wash my face with warm water, NOT to stay under the sun, etc. So I just assumed that I should avoid 'heat'. Maybe u should wait awhile until the filler gone? Because as I know, it just 'temporary', right? Maybe I can ask my dermatologist (she is very helpful) and get back to u, see what I can help! Hopefully u dont have to deal with the injections again! Awww
Wow....that is an experience....maybe they put to much at the same place. I do it myself and am very careful. One time I put to much into a scar and create a bump next to it...so it looked worst...lol....but it went away. I have used Perlane for many years but have had only good experiences.
Second Jill's comments. I am so sorry for your bad experience. I have always gotten Radiesse or Juvederm Ultra Plus and never had a problem. Get better soon!!
You need to get the Vitrace done. What are you waiting for? If you make a mistake with a pencil don't you erase it? That's what Vitrace can do.....
How are things now? Was thinking of doing this myself until I saw your post. May I email you with question? I'm a mom w smile lines living in sfo
So...after our emails, did you go through with it?? My suggestion to everyone is if you're going to do it (I WOULDN'T now that I know what this stuff is!!!) then discuss each injection with the injector to be sure it makes sense to you, make sure they don't use a full syringe on you, and insist on seeing befores and afters of other patients, if they don't have them, run. KNOW THAT WHOEVER IS INJECTING YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HELP YOU IF IT MEESES UP YOUR FACE. All these injectors know is whatever marketing BS is fed to them. The manufacturers are behind that BS. There is no going backwards if forwards doesn't wok out.
Ugh, so sorry that you are going through this. My fillers seem to dissappear faster when I do a lot of cardio. But sooner or later the filer will go away...
Thank you SO MUCH for letting me know this!! I have created a cardio regime that I can do at my home constantly to try to get rid of this heavy, itchy bag of flesh my dermatologist created next to my mouth, as well as the rest of the mess. Why why why??? is all I think about every day. I asked about risks, and was not informed about any of this that has happened to me. I was told if anything went wrong she could nick it out with a razor, but after everything went wrong on me and I reminded her she'd said that, she said, "O, no...I injected it too deep in you to do that." I just got a third opinion this past Friday, and that dermatologist referred me to a plastic surgeon. I'm only 43 and I loved my (formerly) pretty face on the day I went in for a touch up on three faint lines. Why did she do this to me??? I feel slaughtered. I am cardio'ing like a maniac.
You are wasting time and energy and your sanity on all these other options. Just get the Vitrace done. Trust me and electric toothbrush will not work!
Try the hylaronidase. It's a very effective treatment
I had been taking the GABA calm, but wasn't feeling much if any relief from it. I did figure out that the Benadryl my dermatologist had recommended I take daily to reduce unexplained puffiness above my NLF injections are CNDs...central nervous depressants!! So I ceased taking them as of yesterday. I actually woke up looking slightly less heinous today than usual. I hope I have the fortitude to wait this out. It seems to get harder every day.

Are you taking the Gana Calm?  How is it going?

Update #2 Early December, 2013 Just saw my doctor to discuss anxiety remedies stemming entirely from this face crap. So far, no hard drugs. Just the GAMA Calm tablets and Rescue Remedy homeopathic stuff. It's only been a day, and I keep downing the stuff, but I feel anxious 100% of the time. My fear is this crap will never leave my body, or that I won't be able to wait it out. He did some treatments on each of my cheeks, for twenty minutes each. I have appointments for the next three weeks, two times per week, for the same treatment. It's called a BioModulator, and it treats inflammation with voltage. The idea is to get my skin healing in the areas above my cheeks that are swollen with old product, formerly in my NLFs.

I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience.  Crazy that it gets cold and melts depending on the temperature!  I can't imagine how frustrated you are.  I hope you keep us posted on your decided route to remove it, we are all interested to see how this works for you.  Good luck!