Update - Revision Rhinoplasty - Roswell, GA

I chose Mike Majmundar. The surgery was done the...

I chose Mike Majmundar. The surgery was done the second week in February. He is a facial plastic surgeon in Roswell, GA, who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. My open revision cost $7,000. He said Dr. Davis had removed too much cartilage, therefore leaving my nose with too little support. He had to stitch my tissue to my septum to provide some type of structure. While bisecting some internal scar tissue, he "slipped" through my nose with the scalpel during the procedure, leaving me with a scar on the outside of my nostril. My nose is straighter, but not totally straight. I was advised it would not be possible to ever operate on my nose again without causing negative effects.

Please refer to my prior review of the original surgeon.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

There was at least one wait that was 45 minutes. The rest were not so bad. They expected cash up front. The staff seemed a little under-trained, asking me to update my insurance information when I had already paid cash and charging me the wrong price for some products, and scheduling my surgery at a facility that could not handle the needs of the surgeon for my procedure.

You should go to Dr Jay calvert in beverly hills,he is the right guy for revision rhinoplasty.He fixed my nose and had 8 previous surgeries. He fixed my nostrils ,augmented my bridge. My nostrils looked worst then yours and he fixed it. the surgery took 6 1/2 hours.He used rib cartilage and fascia. check out his website,he has surgeries on the most complicated noses... http://www.jaycalvertmd.com
I thought doctors could remove cartilege from other parts of your body and use it to reconstruct a nose that is lacking cartilege? I don't want to cause you any alarm, but something does not sound right about your surgeon and what he did. You might want to seek another opinion. I am not sure what the laws are in Georgia, but I believe you have one year after the procedure to sue for malpractice. You might want to see a med-mal attorney as well and find out if you have a case. If this doctor did damage to the extent that you cannot have another surgery, I don't think they did a proper job.
That was the original plan, but he told me the cartilege left on my tip was so thin, he couldnt stitch anything to it. He said it would shred what was left ???

Thanks for your honest and thoughtful review. I had a similar issue. I think some noses are harder to operate on? That's my theory anyway.