Lifestyle Letdown (W/neck Procedure)

I too had a Lifestyle Lift with neck procedure in...

I too had a Lifestyle Lift with neck procedure in November '09 - 12 weeks ago and still healing.

The results were far less than what I expected. But what was worse was the pain I endured the first night after the procedure and the fact that the 24 Hour Emergency Line was not manned --- no one to talk to to get additional pain meds! The next day when I removed the bandages my neck looked as if someone had tried to strangle me with a wire - more painful than the incisions!

I sent a registered letter to the LSL Headquarters -they claimed they never received it until I told them the name of the person who signed for it. Then low and behold they located it - Some management! They've shown absolutely NO CONCERN for the pain and suffering I went through and further have not addressed their negligence vis-a-vis the 24 hour emergency line. So much for their "The SAFETY of our patients is our No. 1 priority" not to mention that their "caring attitude doesn't end when your procedure does" is their greatest lie!

The LSL is nothing but a Cut and Run Operation. The Hippocratic Oath of Do No Harm is an unknown for their Medical Director, Dr. R. James Koch. I "trusted in the Lifestyle Lift Team" as their advertising hype proports and was obviously duped. They should be sued out of existence. I plan to contact Jeffrey Wahl in Cleveland to join the Class Action Suit. Taking action at least makes one feel less of a victim of their outrageous dishonesty aqnd callousness.

He may be competent but the team he works with negates his competence.

I'm not surprised, but am truly sorry to hear you are having problems.I hope things get better for you very soon.
I also had no postoperative treatment. In fact I was told right off the bat that the big bump in my cheek was not from the facelift. Duh Huh! Why on earth would I develop something in my cheek out of the blue after just having surgery. He sent me home with antibotics. Never helped. I went to my local plastic surgeon got a second opinion. He said yes it is from the face lift. After shots to reduce it from lifestyle lift it came to another surgery. I now have a bigger lump in my face and a pus sack under my ear. He also sewed my ear to my face. I finally after argueing with them and offered another surgery told them no thanks. I was soaked for 6000.00 dollars and still have jowels. I now have to pay a real plastic surgeon for another face lift and trying to fix the mess from Lifestyle lift.The only thing sifestyle lifted was my wallett!!!
Amen. Same here. Still hurts in the purse and the only thing that I would like for LSL to do is to TELL THE TRUTH!!! Stop sugar coating this "SURGERY"! It is invasive, it does hurt and recovery time is longer than stated.
I am an African American who had LSL and was afraid of keloiding. I am sorry you had a bad outcome. I had my lower eyes done first, the bags are gone no stitch line was left and this was Nov 4 2010. I went back and had the lower jowels and neck done and I look fabulous. Mind you we normally get high scars, but unlike the scar from my gastric bypass, there is a faint scar that I can hide with hair. I am was so happy that I took my older sister with me. We both look much much better I am 54 she is 58. We both had GB and had sagging faces that made us look 70. I am turning heads again and getting flirts. So sorry you had a bad outcome. There was minimal pain. We cannot take ibuprofen anyway. I felt slight pain the first night. Took the bruising medication and had little to no bruising. Again, so sorry for your outcome. Have friends wanting to know what we did! I look less than 40.
I hope so too. I know I sure wasn't lucky, nor were a 100 others. Good Luck and keep us posted..
I cant believe that my wife had this procedure done yesterday and now Im finally reading this. Why we didnt google Lifestyle lift first is just plain dumb. The company has posted fake reviews so Im not sure if their are any really GOOD reviews out there, most of them are negative. I hope my wife is one of the lucky few who comes out of this procedure at least looking like a human being.
I've seen LSL ads on TV when I've visited Austin TX but last week for the first time I saw a LSL TV ad in my home area of southeast PA. I hope no one I know falls for their decetiful ads and goes to LSL!
I have been considering the Lifestyle Lift. Wow, the pain, bruising, numbness, tugging,the sounds and smells during surgery were not discussed. Oh my... I would of definitely gone into shock learning that in surgery! I already have high blood pressure. Yikes! Thank you everyone for sharing.
It's been a month since my LSL surgery and I'm still in pain and swollen. That was the most pain I have ever felt in my 45yrs of living including my 3 c-sections and boob job. I would be alright if I had expected this much pain, but like everyone says, "they say"it is invasive with minimul pain...BULL!!! I just wish the best for everyone and wish LSL will be more HONEST with everyone. Aloha
you ask... Where any of you told you would NOT have scars or recovery. I was told a small incision, fading away in approx. a year. That happened, what I got was an incision all around my ear. I was never marked and I was never told!You ask what they said about recovery? If it weren't so sad, I'd laugh. We were shown commercials and advertisement that it is a 'lunchtime procedure'. Yes, you can go out to lunch afterwards with this new revolutionary BREAKTHROUGH procedure. Just curious, if not a LSL patient, what drew you to this ' thread ' and prompted you to call doctors that are honest enough after listening to us for the past two years , sympathizing, you call a 'shark'??? Do you believe their is good & bad in the world or has the anesthesia gone to your head? These Dr's that post here are wonderful and are not sharks! BTW, I had 3 kids, a set of twins& I have close to a six pack; without lipo, tummy tuck, etc. This was a big deal for me and the very reason I chose LSL, a SMALL incision in which they pull up the muscle through that incision and add a couple permanent sutures.
Good reply Bits, Almost verbatim what I was told. As far as having other elective procedures, we are not talking about breasts, tummies or lipo on our legs or butts, but our faces! Recovery time for everyone is different, but we were not told of the true nature of this "operation" and everything that was / is involved.
Wow. Interesting comments from everyone, and I suppose I am glad to read this after some of the comments were removed. Having been through a few cosmetic surgery procedures, I can say from experience - that no matter where you go for your surgery, whether it is in-patient, out-patient (aren't they all these days? Don't you either have to go home or to a separate after-care facility after an elective procedure? I don't know of any cosmetic surgeons that use hospitals for elective procedures or admission for recovery - as it is too cost prohibitive for the patient).. Regardless - no matter what you have done - a minor repair to a gash on the face, an eyelid lift, lower face lift - whatever. Regardless of the procedure, it is still SURGERY. What else do you expect but to have to recover. And did any of you actually read the consents prior to your procedure? I haven't been to a LSL facility, but for them to be in business, they most definitely covered their bases with those consents. So things like numbness near and around the incision, tightness in the skin... those are NORMAL. Hell, I basically had a tummy tuck almost ten years ago and the area around the incision is STILL numb. But my abs look FABULOUS. And I got what I asked for. I had a breast augmentation and lift (after nursing virtually ruined my breasts), and believe me - I would LOVE to get them fixed... but I'm not bashing the doctor who did it. I went in, I looked at his before and afters, I made my choice. He did an OKAY job, but over all, I got what I asked for. And, let's face it. We are vain creatures. And we don't like to be uncomfortable. But in the end, we have to take some of the responsibility here. Where any of you told you would NOT have scars or recovery? Sheesh... I wrapped my boobs for 6 months and wore silicone strips on my tummy scars just as long... even though the docs said 1 month was fine. I had lipo once too, and the body stocking they give you - I wore that under my clothes for three months - even though six weeks was the minimum. They all agreed that more would only help - so I did my part. Surgery of ANY KIND is basically trauma to the body. You will have to recover. And everyone's body does so at its own pace, and in its own way. And, I'm sorry, but I'd be leary of ANY doctor on here that jumps on the band wagon against another practitioner or facility. I know many surgeons, and if they are not being ethical at all times and refraining from blanket comments against another, I HIGHLY suspect they are sharks and want to gain patients of their own. Anyway - good discussion here... and very interesting. I just couldn't stay quiet because I have had long recovery - and not known the full benefits of the results for a almost five years afterward... that's just how my body chose to process everything...
I agree. I am a nurse practitioner and my husband is an OB/GYN. Everyone wants pefection, and you are correct in stating everyone is different anatomically and physiologically. Everyone heals differently and at a different pace.
THANK YOU for stating what I said before about other Dr.s on here BASHING this procedure at every turn. My Mom had an LSL done last year...and she is still loving the results and looks FAB!! And yet...I got jumped on by both the angry people on here and one Dr. in particular...for posting positive results. And I posted the same thing. This Dr. obviously is fishing for patients, or he wouldn't spend so much time on this website speaking negatively. WAY too much time on his hands...and very unethical, IMHO. Anyway...your post was pretty spot-on. They gave my mom a tight sock thing to wear around her head for the first few days and a few nights after. She kept wearing it to bed for the next three months! I am sure it only helped!! Glad I read your post!!
It is unfortunate that this forum was used for personal attacks on anybody, including Dr. Diaz. However, I would like to reiterate the point that anger and distrust on this forum are really more channeled toward the marketing practices, patient care, and postoperative management of the company that is Lifestyle Lift; a company that has been the subject of multiple investigative TV series, news articles, class action lawsuits, and better business bureau complaints. This is an entity which is much bigger and leaves a much greater footprint than Dr. Diaz and the origin of this complaint was not about Dr. Diaz. To step in and defend an entity that has had the record Lifestyle Lift has had is simply asking for trouble. I think that if Lifestyle Lift would change their marketing practices, run the business whereby evaluations and decisions were made only by Doctors (not sales consultants), gain accreditation for their facilities (just like any honorable and ethical Facial Plastic Surgeon would do), fully inform patients of the nature of the procedure, the postoperative care, they would have far fewer complaints. However, Lifestyle Lift has only gained a foothold in the United Sates with its sensational marketing. Dr. Diaz knows this is not a revolutionary procedure, he knows that performing a proper facelift takes longer than an hour, he knows that IV sedation is frequently beneficial for patient anxiety, he knows that downtime associated with any procedure can be unpredictable and patients should not be oversold on lack of downtime for any procedure. Unfortunately Lifestyle Lift has in the past and currently makes promises in their advertising which are not realistic. The basis of many patients decision to go with Lifestyle Lift were based on what they believed their experience would be. I encourage Dr. Diaz to take the high road (as would Dr. McCullough) and help change the practices of his company.
very Well said, Dr. P... You are one of the stand up doctors that tell it like it is! I sincerely thank you for this. As for Dr. Diaz, I didn't see the post from "KID", but know calling you a racist or anyother name is totally wrong & as a realself member& former LSL mishap that was decieved, I know there are some good docs at that center& believe you to be one, mainly for trying to help Chrystal. My wish would be for you to get LSL to change their websites to include the actual incisions, the pain associated with that procedure, the extended downtime and change the scam that it is a revolutionary new procedure, which is highly deceptive. I know several former LSL dr's that left for that very reason. I know you are probably very talented, but we , as former patients, also know we got Dr's that a 5yr old could've done a better job on us, than they did. I haven't seen one surgical report on me, the Dr never called me-EVER- the day after my procedure when I called crying when I saw that my incisions were not tiny incisions, as promised.And he sewed my ear to my face & misplaced it.His idea of a revision was to do the same thing to my other ear, to make them look alike.. I won't go into it all here, but feel free to personally email me& I will prove to you the deception I was subjected to. An intelligent man/doctor as you, will see that. Again, I am sorry you were subjected to that here, as we do come here to share& not rip people apart.. Even as a patient who has been in pain for 3+ years, you are as welcome here as anyone else. There are good and bad in all walks of life, please disregard the ignorant posts.
Dr P, If you find the time, could you click on my link so that I can ask some questions i consider private? Thanks
Dear Dr. Prendiville, Thank you for your well-worded posting about LSL. It frightens me to think that I almost fell for LSL's TV ads while I was visiting family in big-city Austin TX (LSL doesn't broadcast ads where I live, in little-town USA--LSL only goes for the big markets. It's all about marketing and profits). But what frightens me most about LSL is that the LSL surgeons KNOW that LSL employs unethical marketing techniques, AND these surgeons KNOW that LSL hires SALESpeople upfront, on a commission basis, to get patients to sign on for LSL surgery in the first place. This really frightens me! I've had well-reputed plastic surgeons tell me that certain procedures aren't appropriate for me even though it cost them consultation time with no $ return. BUT GOOD SURGEONS DO THIS--THEY CARE ABOUT DOING WHAT'S RIGHT FOR THE PATIENT. The idea that LSL surgeons would even tolerate LSL's practice whereby SALESPEOPLE are paid a commission to get patients to sign on for COSMETIC procedures? That is frighteningly unethical! So, although I respect Dr. Diaz for coming on to this forum to share his opinions, I cannot reconcile in my mind Dr. Diaz's willingness to work for a company--LSL--where marketing practices mislead unsuspecting people into surgeries which don't deliver what they promise, and worse.
Thanks Sharon for beein impartial and monitoring this. It is sad that some persons use this media for those types of insults. I did not know that you guys monitor this as strict as you do. That is very good. Thanks again.

Hello everybody,

I have removed inappropriate comments from this thread that were racist and xenophobic towards certain members of the RealSelf community. I understand that Lifestyle Lift is a volatile topic for many RealSelfers, but racist comments are NOT tolerated under any circumstances - whether directed at patients, doctors or the LSL company itself.

Obviously this message is directed at a minority of users who have made inappropriate comments, but it nonetheless needs to be said.

Dr. Diaz, I hope you will continue to post here, as your insights have been extremely helpful for our community. As Chrystal said, you are one of the few (the only?) Lifestyle Lift doctors who is willing to answer questions from some very upset patients. Thank you for this; it takes guts.

For everyone's benefit, here is a link to our Community Guidelines. If anyone has questions, you can also contact a member of the RealSelf team using the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page, or via private message (click on my username to send me a message).

Thanks,
--Sharon

Hi all. I thank Chrystal for her post. Even on the face that she does not know me she gives me the respect that another person deserves. I offer her to help her at my office without asking her any questions. To all you others that bash me without even knowing my credentials first take a look at yourselves. Most of you hide behind a screen name. This falsely gives you a sense of security and courage to attack indiscriminately. I do not have anything to hide. My name, address, phone number, website is out there. My results speak for themselves. To Kid I only say that the University of Puerto Rico is the most difficult program to enter for med school in the island. It is accredited by the same accrediting institution that sees over the entire medical school programs in the United States. The same goes for my residency program. Only the top of the class will go into surgical residency programs. I attended a highly specialized fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery here in the US. I took the same board exams as all physicians here in the US take. Why? Because Puerto Rico is also part of the United Stated. We are the only independent state of the United States. Kid, you were not able to find something wrong with my credentials and reputation, so the only thing that you were able to attack me was on my nationality. That is very wrong. That is like you use the "n" word on an African American or the "R" word on a special need kid. What you did has a name "RACISIM". That says a lot about your character and values as a person. This board is so that we can find solutions for your problems and understand each other better, not for personal attacks from the comfort of your anonymous screen name or cyber bulling. I have other physicians here that can be witness of who I am. Sadly because of this Kid I am considering not posting any more comments and only answer questions. It is sad that because of one rotten apple, all of the others loose the opportunity to improve their life, but you have to understand that I will not put up with this type of personal attacks with no foundations and evidence. Chrystal, I have a lot of respect for you. Thanks for your kind words to me even on the face of adversity and all that you have been though these 3 years. The doors of my office are open to anyone that wishes help.
Hi Kid. I have not done anything to you to talk back at me this way. I have done better this year that any year when I was in my private practice, so this tells you that Lifestyle Lift has not been affected by the recession. I thought that this place was to improve patient communication and understanding of procedures. As I have stated before, I talk on this board about all aspects of Facial Plastic Surgery. It is incredible how you people try to insult somebody. I do not have to go back to PR for anything. I was born American as you and can stay wherever I want to work as you. I have helped many of the patients that have complaints here. It is incredible that you treat another human that has not harmed you like you do Kid. This says a lot about you character as a person.
OK, most of you know me and I will say this about Dr. Diaz. He is the ONLY person from LSL that contacted me privately and offered to help me. Now, every one whose jaw is on the floor, pick them up. I too was shocked when this Dr. who does not know me, contacted me and offered to help after almost 3 years of NO contact with any one from LSL, out of the blue, Dr. Diaz offered to help. Of course I kindly turned him down, I have already had surgery to fix my LSL nightmare with a ABCPS and I didn't tell him but I could never go back to a LSL Center or doctor no matter how good he is. I don't know Dr. Diaz other than from this board and his posts and his patients posts. This being said, we have to remember that we are all human and each and every one of us has the right to post. I know we are all angry at LSL about their procedures and the way they seem to forget about us once they have our money but maybe Diaz is on the up and up and wants to help, maybe he feels badly for those of us who got the shaft. I don't know. Like I said, he is the only person from LSL who contacted me and even offered any kind of help. This does not change my opinion of LSL one bit but maybe it shows that there are one or two doctors that work at LSL that does care. Until LSL Corporate does some major revamping of procedures and stop having sales associates selling plastic surgery like its candy, I am afraid we will continue to see posts from "unhappy patients". Best, Chrystal Eckes
I agree w/ You Chrystal. Not all Dr's there are bad& I sense Diaz is a good one& very nice of him offereng to help. I wish I got that offer, as this pain everyday is awful& I have a high threshold of pain.3+ yrs of pain is more than I can handle!
I just joined this site and it has been very helpful. I am a nurse pracitioner and my husband is a physician. I didn't read the comment that "Kid" made, however I have seen horrible comments on other sites meant to be helpful. Dr. Diaz you are correct in stating these people hide behind an screen name and make slanderous and negative comments. Especialy if they had a bad medical/surgical outcome. They are angry and just surf the web looking to criticize. It's refreshing that this site has someone watching out for people like this. Thank-you for your comments. Jeanine