Tummy tuck journey....still healing

Well hello everyone, I just wanted to share this...

Well hello everyone, I just wanted to share this experience with everyone! I am a 41 year old mother of 3. I had my first child at the age of 18. I had 3 c-sections so needless to say my stomach is so ugly!! And not to mention the stretch marks.

I have been planning this TT for a long time now. I actually had it scheduled in 2005 but I chickened out and got a full refund (all but $800). But its been 6 long years since then and no matter what type of exercise I do, the infamous muffin top is always there!

My pre-op is scheduled for November 15, 2011 and my TT will be a month after that which is December 15,2011. There's only a few people that know about it (well, of course, you all know now)..lol...I can't wait, I'm so excited! I will definately share before and after photos with everyone!! I'll definately post the "before" photos after my pre-op. But until then, just wanted to share this with everyone.

God Bless!

I have really enjoyed reading everyone else's...

I have really enjoyed reading everyone else's journey! I will definately post pics soon. Bye for now.

Hi Steph! My name is Stef,lol! My treatment is scheduled a day before yours so we will be recovering together! :0)
Hey Stef! I'm so gad to know that someone will be having their TT around the same time as mine! So when do you go for your pre-op? I'll be going on Nov. 15th--so excited, been counting down!! But, keep me posted...glad to know that we will be recovering together.;-)
Awesome,right? :0) My Pre-op appointment is November 22nd! I'm excited about the journey as well... glad to share it will ya! You know where I am..don't hesitate to stop by anytime! :0)

Hey ladies, just wanted to do a little update....

Hey ladies, just wanted to do a little update..I've been trying to hit the gym as much as I can lately because I've made up in my mind that I really want to lose about 10-15 lbs before my pre-op which is 6 weeks and 2 days away! I've started my countdown:o). I currently weigh about 178lbs so if I can get to about 160-165 that would be good. I am 5'3 so actually I need to be around 135-140 but I'm just gonna start out losing slow right now. I know the TT will help alot! cause no matter what type of exercises I do, my mid-section just seems to be getting bigger and bigger! I've tried all kinds of diets in the past but WW really seem to help (I lost 52 lbs about 5 years ago) using WW but needless to say, the weight has slowly crept back on (at least half of it!)But anyhow, I'm gonna do my best to lose at least 10 lbs and then go from there. Well, just wanted to check in with everyone and please keep posting your journeys, I really enjoy reading them! It is so much encouragement. Well, talk to you later ladies...PS, I will be posting pics soon.

Hello ladies, just got up the nerve to post some...

Hello ladies, just got up the nerve to post some pics! I was going to wait til I had my pre-op on November 15th to post but I just can't wait til then. I did front and side views.
Hey, just stopping by to post here so I can get updates on your progress. Like you, I've only told a few people because I just don't want to hear all the negativity. At least I can come here and talk to others going through the same thing. I truly appreciate your support. I'll be watching...
Hello scared mum, so you'll be having your TT just 5 days after me! Yay! We really deserve this. I'm nervous too, I go for my pre-op on Nov. 15th and I have a loooong list of questions for my PS. I know once I get through my pre-op maybe some of my nervousness will go away, because all of my questions will have been answered. I was worried about having mine so close to Christmas but my "kids" are 23, 21, and 19-so they can pretty much fend for themselves during that time..LOL..but they will also be there to help me as well. I will return back to work on December 26th (hopefully) if all goes well. But I will definately keep you and everyone posted! So excited!
Hi Steph, Im 45 and my FTT with MR and a mini-facelift is happening on the 20th December, so I am not far behind you. I worry a little about getting through xmas as I have 2 children, the youngest being 5. I have to go back to work on the 16 January so I am hoping I will be well recovered by that stage. I am going to see my PS in 3 weeks as I have a few more questions to ask him. I am also nervous about the whole thing and need some reassurance from him. I figured if anyone can reassure me it will be him. LOL. I am excited to share your journey with you.

Hey Ladies, just checking in to let all you TTer's...

Hey Ladies, just checking in to let all you TTer's know that I am thinking of each and everyone of you! Please continue to post your journeys, pictures, etc...this website has been a blessing to me, and I really enjoy reading how everyone else is feeling in the days leading up to their surgery, and after as well. Even though my TT is not until December, I feel that each and everyone of you have really been a big help to me! Mainly, because I will have somewhat of an idea of what to expect, even though I know everyone is different and our bodies will all heal differently ( I know I'm rambling)but anyway that's all I have for now, I'll check back in later.....

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I will be having a Microphlebectomy on Thursday, October 27th. It's where, I will have some varicose veins removed from my left leg..can't wait to get that done and over with. So with that coupled with the TT, I'm so looking forward to that summer bikini! ;-)
Me too. I love this site!
Thank you klewis, I'm addicted as well! LOL
I am so addicted to this website!! I love all of the support! And I plan to be here when you all go through yours.

Well hello everybody! Just checking in to let you...

Well hello everybody! Just checking in to let you all know that my pre-op will be in 5 days!! So excited but kinda nervous at the same time. I have a looong list of questions for my PS. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's journeys. This site has helped me prepare for this in ways that I can't even begin to explain. This site is truly a blessing to me! I really don't know what I would have done had I not found you all! For all the TTer's that have gone before me I really appreciate all of your much needed advice!

I have been taking my Vitamin C religiously and also have upped my protein as well. I have been drinking so much water that I feel like a walking lake right now..lol.. I'm pretty sure you all know what I mean.lol.

But anyway, I won't keep you just thought that I would check in to give you all a little update. I'll let you all know how my pre-op went. ttyl.
Hope your pre-op went well today!
What doctor are you going to be using? I am just now looking into getting a TT and am doing a lot of research. I don't want to pay a lot for something i could be getting cheaper. I like everything you have to say about your TT and i wish you luck. If you could give me some info i would greatly appreciate it.
Hey justtami! The PS that will be performing my TT is Dr. Kevin Snodgrass in Rome, GA. He is wonderful! But make sure you consult with several PS's before making your decision because this is a really BIG deal and you want to really go with someone that is very skilled and qualified and please make sure that the PS that you choose is board certified! That way you know you will be getting the best of the best results!

I will be going for my pre-op in 5 days..so I am super excited about that because I have a looong list of questions for my PS. But make sure you check out the other journeys on this site because each one is so unique and everyone's expierience is so different. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have.
Good luck in finding a PS!:-)

Hello ladies, just checking in to let everyone...

Hello ladies, just checking in to let everyone know how my pre-op went yesterday.

Well first off, my appt was at 11:00am. I arrived there promptly but when I got there the receptionist started giving me some forms to look over and initial. So she started asking me was I allergic to the demerol that they gave me last time and I told her that they didn't give me anything last time because I had cancelled and I didn't get the prescriptions filled but just right off it was like we didn't vibe with each other? If you remember in my very first review I said that I was scheduled for a TT back in 2005 but I chickened out and got my money back...well this is the same PS. It didn't have anything to do with the PS because his work is excellent and I know of several people that have had TT's/BA done by him, it was just me at that time..I just got cold feet and didn't want to go through with it.

But right off it just seemed like she had an attitude?! So anyway, I was called to the back to get my labs done and pics made and I talked to PS and we went over my looong list of questions and I was very pleased with all of his answers (thanks goodness)and I also have a list for the anesthetiologist but of course I won't actually get to talk to him until the day of surgery. I got all my prescriptions and this booklet that tells me the whole TT process step by step..its pretty neat. I know I'll have 2 drains and I told him that I wanted an oval shaped BB instead of the traditional "round" BB that some PS's make. The oval shaped ones are more natural looking (to me). He said that he could make it however I wanted it so we'll see...lol..that's my one biggest fear is that my BB won't look right. But I've seen his work, so I guess I shouldn't be getting too stressed out over that. He said that he can definately get rid of this muffin top so that's my main focus right now.

But anyway, after that I was ready to check out and pay my remaining balance. I started to chicken out again and take my cash back because I started thinking of all the things that I could be doing with the money but then reality kicked in and I came to my senses and realized that the money was going for a really good cause! It was kinda like my whole life just flashed before my eyes right at that very moment! So now its official. December 15th. There is no turning back now.

So, I'm going to continue on with my countdown. And I will check back in with everybody later!!

Hope everybody is having a Happy Humpday! ttyl.
Stephanie, No turning back this time! You will love your results, it's so worth every penny!!! Anxious to share your journey with you!
Hello Stephanie I too am seeking to have a TT within the next year or so because I actually have about 60 pounds to lose. But my question for you is does this price include the anesthesia cost and the hospital stay? I am aware depending on how long your hospital stay is will raise the cost even more. I'm just really curious because on wanting to choose a doctor from Alabama or Kentucky because I notice a lot of peoples prices range at around 5,000. But I just wanna make sure these prices are the total pages out. Lol but thanx for any information you can give me on this. And Congrats on your surgery! I will be checking back for your post op photos!
Hey Brittany! Actually I will not be staying in the hospital. I will have my procedure done in PS office which has a surgical suite (its a state-of-the-art operating room)but the price does include the anesthesiologist. He will be there to monitor me the whole time. But I'm sure if you chose a PS that did require overnight stay in the hospital that will cost a little bit more. Also, the price I paid include 2 compression garments, lab work, TED hose and all post op appts. So overall, I think it will be worth it. The PS I chose is very reputable in my city also.
But in choosing your PS just make sure he is Board Certified through the American Board of Plastic Surgery and make sure you ask to see "before" and "after" pics of previous clients as well. That way you will know that you will be getting the best of the best and your results will be exactly how you want them to be. I hope this helps, Brittney.
Thanks for checking out my review, I love this site and I'm sure you will too!

Hey ladies, just checking in to wish everyone a...

Hey ladies, just checking in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Also, my TT is only weeks away! I can't believe its just right around the corner, I'm getting excited as each passes because I know I am one day closer to my dream body. Yay!!

Well thats all for now ladies, its getting close my bedtime so I will check back later and for all you TTer's that just had surgery, I'll be thinking of you and good luck! ttyl.

Meant to say just 3 weeks away!

meant to say just 3 weeks away!
Hi Steph, will be tagging your progress....just uploaded new pics
Hey Sassy! I really can't wait to actually get this done and overwith. I know those 3 weeks are gonna drag by but really at the same time I have those weeks to prepare also. How did that black garment work for you? Let me know because I'm searching for a real good one. Thanks, you look good btw.;o)
So exciting, I know you can't wait! I was the same way when my day started getting close.

Well hello ladies! Just checking in to let...

Well hello ladies! Just checking in to let everyone know that I have just 16 more days to go!!! Yay!!!I have been trying to prepare for this as much as I possibly can without losing my mind in the process. I had to go to urgent care on Friday after Thanksgiving and I found out that I have sinusitis and ear infection. So I had to go on antibiotics to try and clear all this up as soon as possible. Actually, I finished my last antibiotic today (Z-pack), and I feel so much better today. I had been under the weather for the last few days. The doc also told me to take Mucinex D to clear up the fluid in my ears, but anyway, I'm much better.

I've been trying to focus on getting all my supplies needed for TT. The only thing that I have actually purchased so far is some scar treatment (I'll tell you more about that later) and Dial soap (antibacterial) that I have to start using about a week before surgery. Other things I have on my list to pick up is some polysporin, abd pads, paper tape, and some extra pillows...all of which I will probably get this weekend at Walmart.

I really would like to purchase some protein bars as well. If anybody know of some good ones please feel free to let me know about that and I know some of you talked about the protein shakes so just let me know which brands are good, I know there are several different kinds out there so if you have tried them and was pleased with it just let me know.

I will be calling my local rent-a-center to find out about getting a recliner. Hopefully I will be doing that this weekend as well.

The clock is ticking! It seems so far away but yet so close, if that makes sense. I'm so excited! Well, I just wanted to give you all a little update..well wishes to everyone that just had TT's and good luck on your recoveries. I will check back in with you all in a few days or so. ttyl ;o)
Good Luck stephanielpn your surgery will be a success. I'm also in Georgia I will be going next week for several consultations I'm super excited
Thank you sweetsiyah! and good luck on your consultations! Keep us posted. ;o)
Stephanielph...days are counting down! As for the protein bars, try to get something natural w/o any chocolate in it. Chocolate has caffein and that was something I was to avoid after anethisia due to making your heart race.

As for a shake, I use 1/2 C frozen Pineapple chunks, 1 frozen banana (which I peel and freeze myself) and some coconut milk (unsweetened).

The pineapple and coconut combat swelling, and the coconut helps you use the RR. On another note, drinking coconut water (different from coconut milk above) does a WORLD of difference on helping to ease you into going #2. It also helped the nasty taste of my antibiotic.

All these items are available at Trader Joe's if you have one close.

Psssst....just 9 more days to go!! lol. Just...

Psssst....just 9 more days to go!! lol. Just wanted to give a shout out to Peaches, klewis, SassyMomma..I see yall...also to all my other fellow TTer's as well. Just reading your journeys has made this all worth while!
Hey Stephanie, Wanted to check in on you to see how your coming, you day is just around the corner. Get READY!!!!!
Hey Brooksie, I'm coming along pretty good, getting more excited (and nervous) as the time nears, but I feel that I'm as ready as I'm gonna be! I got just about everything I need so I'm just waiting on the big day! 5 more days...I'll keep you posted on everything-getting ready to do an update so make sure you check it out. ;o)
Hey AngelaR! Girl, to be honest with you, I'm both..nervous & excited! (more excited though), I have been wanting this for a long time..can't believe its almost here! I will definately keep in touch...

Well hello ladies, just checking in give a little...

Well hello ladies, just checking in give a little update about what I've done so far pre-surgery. I actually did this update yesterday but something happened to my internet and I lost the whole thing. So anyway, I did get my recliner from the rent-a-center and they are scheduled to deliver it on Monday. Yay! I figured it was one of the "must have" items on my pre-surgery list since I have been reading all the reviews about how good they come in handy!

As far as my supplies: I have sterile gauze, abd pads,paper tape, hydrogen peroxide (to clean out BB), cotton balls, q-tips,digital thermometer, neosporin, box of kleenex, stool softener (Dulcolax), and gas x (just in case). I have this cute little blue bin that I labled "tummy tuck supplies" and put everything in it. I also purchased a silicone scar treatment that I will be using when my scar heals.

I picked up my prescriptions as well. I have demerol (for pain), phenergan (for nausea), and keflex (antibiotics). I have go to today to pick up my nausea patch (to put behind ear the night before surgery)its at a different pharmacy because my pharmacy didn't have them in stock.

As far as food items: I picked up soup, saltines, oatmeal, applesauce, eggs, and pineapples/juice (to help with the swelling). A lot of protein stuff. I didn't get any protein bars yet, I'm really not a big fan of those but I'm gonna maybe get a least a weeks worth, but I'm kinda putting that off til the last minute. Also, I have to get some Tylenol and cough drops. I think that will complete my list. I'm just ready to get this done already!

4 more days!!!! I'm soooo excited btw, if you can't already tell, lol. Well ladies, I will check back in later. Sending well wishes to everyone that just had TTs and also good luck on your recoveries! ttyl ;o)
back to me, I have to be there at 9:45 so I'm guessing my TT will start around 10:45 cause I know I have to still talk to anestesiologist and PS will have to do markings and stuff. So I am super excited right now! 2 more days!!!
I know! It's so hard to be at work right now bcuz U KNOW my mind isn't here. Don't know how Im gonna get thru tomorrow. I can't believe at this late date I'm still going back and forth about it. THESE NERVES! LOL. What time do U go in? I have to be there at 7:30 and it starts at 8.
@ back to me-girl I know! I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself right now! I'm just so ready to get this over with!

Well, hello ladies, just wanted to check in one...

Well, hello ladies, just wanted to check in one last time before I went to bed. I've already taken my shower (with Dial soap) and put the transderm scope patch (for nausea) behind my ear. So, I'm basically just tying up some loose ends before I go to bed. I'm so excited about tomorrow!! I can't believe its finally here!

Good luck to everybody going in tomorrow! and well wishes to everybody thats recovering! I'll definately post an update as soon I feel up to it! ttyl ;o)
I pray all went well. Looking forward to your speedy recovery. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thinking of you... check in when you can!!!
Whats up Steph! I havent been on in a while but I couldnt miss your big day! U have been one of my biggest supporters from Day 1. I cant wait to hear from you about how it all went. I know you was well prepared with gaining knowledge for this TT. Get some rest, DONT overdue and just watch that new belly come into its new shape! (((Hugs!))) ttyl-Peaches

Hello ladies just checking in to let you all know...

Hello ladies just checking in to let you all know that I'm doing fine. Having trouble updating for some reason. Will post more shortly.

Well hello again ladies, wasn't real sure if my...

Well hello again ladies, wasn't real sure if my other update went through. But I typed a long update last night and it didn't go through. But I think being on those narcotics didn't help much either, lol.

But this is was happened yesterday-I arrived at the PS office @ 9:45am they called me to back and I had to put on those little blue panties and we went over exactly what I was expecting. We went over more pics, and I tol him that I wanted the scar as low as he could possibly get it and we went over the shape of my BB, I went with the "oval" shape. By that time both my daughters came back and took pictures of me and then we got a group picture. Then he came in and did my markings. Then we walked to the OR (where he was going to perform TT). Let me just say that his nurses are awesome! They took me in and I got on the table and the nurse started my IV. By that time the anestheologist came in and we went over some stuff and I had to sign more consent forms. I really don't remember much after that. All I remember next was just waking up in recovery.

The nurse got me up and walked to the rest room (I didn't have to be catherized) thank goodness. The surgery lasted 2 1/2 hours and I stayed in recovery for 2 hours. Didn't get nauseated, the pain was not as bad either.

I came home, took some pain meds just to head it off. My daughters are so wonderful they waited on me hand and foot. I constantly going back and forth to the restroom to pee. Like every 5 minutes, just up and down. I have two drains which have been around 25cc or less. Which I think is a good thing because I go back for my next pre-op appt on Monday and he may pull the drains then. Don't really want to pull them to soon though.

As far as the swelling goes, I have alot of that, but thats to be expected though.

I have been drinking pineapple juice, water, and cranberry juice like crazy! As far as eating anything-I have been eating Progresso soup and saltines. Haven't really had a real big appetite...yet. No BM yet, but taking dulcolax to help it along. I know narcotics can cause constipation.

And another thing, my left hand was sooo numb! Not sure why but I think maybe it was where they had the BP cuff on and my nerves were asleep. So around 12:30 last night my daughter gave me a heating pad to use and it has helped some but the numbness is still there- it was real bothersome yesterday/last night. It's not so bad today. In all honesty, the pain hasn't been that bad either, just a lot of soreness from where he had to do muscle repair. I'm walking all hunched over like an old granny or something, lol. I didn't get a chance to get a walker but oh well, I'm managing pretty much. Well I will post pics later today (hopefully) if I feel to it.

Just want to say thank you to everyone that wished me luck and for thinking of me on my big day! Hope everyone is doing well and I will check back in later..will post pics soon. TTYL ;o)

Hello everybody, just wanted to check back in the...

Hello everybody, just wanted to check back in the let you know about my pre-op appt. I had to be there @ 9:00am this morning. Well, I got there and the nurse called me to the back. She took off CG and PS came in to check incision. He said that everything looks good! They changed my dressing and gave me instructions on how to change again tonight. He told me use first aid antibiotic ointment called bacitracin (it has zinc in it-so I think that helps with the swelling around the incision). My daughter picked up some from the Dollar General. He said to use that instead of Neosporin-he said that a lot of people are allergic to neosporin (so he don't suggest using that). But anyway, my next appt is Monday @ 1:00. So I'm hoping the drains will come out then-well at least one of them. He said that he wants to see me twice next week. So I guess they'll let me know on Monday what other day I have to come back. So I was able to sneak a peep at my incision and it is REAL low and also my BB is super cute. I feel like he did an excellent job! I will try to post pics later. I hope everyone is doing ok, and I'll check back later on. ;o)
Hey Steph!! It sounds like your surgery went great & your recovering nicely!! I cant wait to see some post op pics. Do you have drains? for me days 3 & 4 were the worst emotionally & physically but hopefully yours will be smooth. Welcome to the recovery side :)
Glad to hear Stephanie!!!!!
Congrats Steph... welcome to the flatlands!!

Hey ladies...just wanted to give a little update....

Hey ladies...just wanted to give a little update. I'm post op day 3-I have alot of soreness going on and the swelling is driving me crazy! I think I'm pleased with my results (having second thoughts). Well I guess all this swelling is not really helping much. I don't have that hour glass shape that I was hoping for. I didn't have any lipo so I think that's the problem. I know my PS told me that the skin and tissue that he removed weighed about 2.5 lbs.

I don't know...maybe its just me. I think I'm getting ready to go on that emotional rollercoaster. (ughh). Starting to question whether this was worth it or not??!

Maybe once all this swelling goes away, I may feel better about it. I don't know...I was doing good earlier but now I'm just not so sure right now. Well, I'll check back in later.
Steph ur mood will pass!!! I went thru it & felt it too! I still don't see that hourglass shape I was looking for either but we are still early girl! This is a 6 month healing process& we aren't even 10% thru it yet! Lol I'm telling u days 3&4 I had to lock myself in my room & I just cried & wanted no one! I was upset about my whole surgery & felt I had made a huge mistake! I'm not sure once the swelling goes away that I will have exactly what I wanted but with my new flat tummy I can workour & get the rest so 1 way or another there is always hope! :) it's the day 3 blues girlfriend don't lock urself away like I did & keep that head up
Thanks maof2! I 'm doing pretty good..so far, just alot of soreness from the MR. Other than that I'm good. your tummy looks good btw! ;o)
Hey Steph, glad to hear that you are doing ok.

Post-op day 3-Finally got up the nerve to add some...

Post-op day 3-Finally got up the nerve to add some pics! Still swollen and have some bruising around BB.
Well bring it on sista!! Your welcome to join us!!! WW's is an excellent program, I used the online version fir 3 months as I gave such bad eating habits. I'm going to a High protein low carb (modified south beach I like to call it lol) for 6 weeks thani'll do ww's for maintenance or rather to learn what I can eat to maintain my athletic level!!! :)
I have never done the P90X or insanity but I have friends of varying levels of fitness (from the couch potato who has never done anything athletic to people who are extremely fit) start both programs. You only do what you can handle. But I will tell you 4 years ago I was 190 lbs & yes I come from a work out background (I grew up with 2 brothers & a mom& dad that all weight trained/ran/biked etc & we had a full gym in our garage) but I started with running, moved on to the Firm videos (which I highly recommend b/c the combine cardio with weights & is a great introduction to weight training for women who have never worked out, plus you make really quick gains in muscle & fat loss) & than i moved on to weight training/running/bootcamp etc. Weights have totally changed my body the scale may not have moved but at 135 pounds without weight training I was a size 6 or 8 when I weight trained I didnt lose any weight but i wore a 2 or 4. Just things to consider once your healed. My downfall is my refusal to diet appropriately lol but I would rather work out 2 hours a day than diet 24/7 lol
opps: regarding the videos i meant to say that anyone can start either video, dont be afraid, just do what you can. something is always better than nothing :) but your welcome to join us, I want to creat a blog of postiive women encouraging each other to meet their goals & be healthy

4 days Post op-well just got back from second post...

4 days Post op-well just got back from second post op visit, he removed the right drain and hopefully will remove the second one on Thursday (which will be a good b/day present for me!)I still have alot of swelling because no BM. I'm taking the MOM and prune juice. So hopefully that will get things rolling. Ugghhh! Can't stand this constipation! My PS said that once I do have BM that some of the swelling will go down, so I'm being optimistic. I'm also posting a pic that was taken when they removed my bandages-still have the stretch marks but the scar is real low and my BB is oval shaped which is what I wanted!

I appreciate all of you ladies and all the kind words, and words of encouragement. I'll check back in later. ;o)

Another update-Post op day 4-finally had a BM!!...

Another update-Post op day 4-finally had a BM!! Yay!! Well, actually I've had about 3 within the last 2 hours (tmi..lol)-thank goodness for MOM and prune juice!

And when I tell you that I feel soooo much better!! Whew!! I never thought that I would ever feel this good after a BM!

Besides that, I've been walking a little straighter and I've actually felt pretty good today. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll start to notice a little reduction in the swelling...(I know...I need to give it more time...but I'm so impatient ya'll..lol).

I pretty much been eating good, still peeing ALOT, taking my antibiotic (keflex)-haven't had to take any pain med today just a couple of xtra strength tylenol earlier due to a little pain in my neck (from the way I slept in recliner..I guess). Other than that, POD4 has been ok--better than yesterday. Oh yeah, still drinking my pineapple juice and eating pineapples to try and cut down on the swelling.

Hopefully, I'll get the other drain removed on Thursday-as long as it stay under 25cc (which it has been) I should be good to go. Well, I'll check back later. To all my TT sisters, happy healing! ;o)
Hi Stephanie. Glad ur surgery was a success! Yeah when u get that first BM after surgery u feel so much better. I can tell u swollen in pics just like we all are right after surgery. Enjoy the new tummy :0)
OK Stephanie..... Deep breath.....Relax. The swelling is perfectly natural. U look phenomenal!!! I have been been on that same rollercoaster with U. Trying to figure out did I just blow 6Gs like that to look like this?? Breathe in....Breathe out...... Wooosah. We are gonna be laughing at these feelings that we are having in about a month or so. We just gotta be patient. I was almost as happy for U on ur BM as U were!!! I was the same way. Almost couldn't stop afterwards. lol!

And the oval BB is cute!!!! Oval, Teardrop, Heartshaped, Represent!!

We're gonna get past this girl!

ttyl
Thank you so much back to me! Thanks for the encouraging words! I really need them right now. Even though I'm on POD5 I still see a lot of swelling! I'll be glad when it is a month from now.
Your POD4 pics look wonderful!
I'll try to post more pics later. I know we'll get past it...just need more time.

Well Post Op day 8-went to see PS yesterday and he...

Well Post Op day 8-went to see PS yesterday and he took out some of my stitches on incision and my BB stitches. Didn't remove other drain yet due to still draining a good bit, I have to go back on Monday and hopefully it will come out then. I hope so because I hate having to hide this thing everytime I go somewhere, lol. My PS is so nice! My birthday was yesterday so he and his staff gave me a gift card for Chili's and a Brighton Heart keychain! Now how cool is that! I was so exicted!

But on a sad note, my city got hit with a tornado while I was actually at his office. During the time that the nurse was taking out my BB stitches-the lights kept flickering off and on and the wind was crazy loud! My daughter said she thought the car was going to flip over (she sat in the car). We didn't actually know at the time that it was a tornado until later. Got home, power was out, power lines down everywhere, trees on houses, traffic lights out-some where torn down, police everywhere directing traffic, sirens blaring...real crazy scene! All this on my birthday-and on the first day of winter! Never heard of a tornado in winter! But anyway, power is back on and the clean up begins. So everyone just say a prayer for the city of Rome, GA.

POD8 has not been real bad, the swelling is still there but has gone down ALOT! I'm starting to see my new tummy in a different light. POD3 was the hardest for me. I know this is going to be a long process though. I will post more pics soon. Happy healing to everyone and Happy Holidays! ;o)
Any updated pics???
I'll be posting some real soon! Maybe when some more of the swelling goes down. ;o)
Thanks Peaches!

Post Op Day 11-Went to see PS today. The nurse...

Post Op Day 11-Went to see PS today. The nurse removed my left drain and the rest of my stitches!! I feel so free! The swelling has gotten much better, I must say.

I'm walking straighter. Off all pain meds (have been since about day 4 or 5, not sure which). PS said that I can't start working out til 4-6 weeks. He said that I can walk but not to do any type of working out yet. My body is just not ready for all that yet.

I will post pics soon! ttyl.

Post Op day 12-Well, first day back to work today!...

Post Op day 12-Well, first day back to work today! I made it after working 8 1/2 hours! But, I was extremely swollen. By the time I left work, my tummy was feeling like it was about to pop. I have a desk job so overall it was a pretty good day.
Did any of you ladies get blisters from your steri-strips? I have a huge one on my left side and I had a few on my right side as well. I ended up accidently popping those because I had this awful itch and I keep scratching and when I went to take the binder off I saw where they had popped. But the one on my left side is still there. I'm scared to try to pop it. :o(
I hope it will just go away on its on. Have any of ya'll had this problem?

I was able to take my first shower yesterday due to the other drain coming out and it felt soooo goooood! lol.

Oh well, I was just doing a little update, hope everyone is doing well and I'll try to post pics soon. ttyl.
Looking great! Glad you are healing well and even back to work. Good for you!!
@ Wissa, I know you you feel though. I finally got to around 27cc and my PS said that it was fine-it was borderline-but that it was ok to just go ahead and pull it. His nurse told me that if any fluid collected that I would have to have it removed through a needle but he said that he thought that I should be fine. But he told me that if I started hurting or anything to just call him. So far, I'm doing ok but its only been 1 day out-so hopefully everything will go ok-keeping my fingers crossed. ;o)
meant to say I know how you feel though. First day back to work so I'm kinda tired.

Hello ladies, just wanted to post a couple of...

Hello ladies, just wanted to post a couple of pics-can't believe I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow! Still have a LOT of swelling. I love my BB though. Of course its still healing as well. My PS told me that I can stop wearing my binder at the 3 week mark but I'm sure I'll still wear it just for the security.
Just got out of the shower and relaxing in my recliner-getting ready to get some shut eye have to work tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. ttyl. ;o)
Hi Stephanie, how are you doing and feeling? Did your pics disappear from the site? I wanted to ask you about your PS. Are you happy with him? Did he do a good job for you?
Hope you had a great day at work!! Time flies huh? It'll be summer before you know it & hopefully we wont see any more swelling lol
Like the ole saying goes-time flies when you're having fun..lol..but I was dreading going back to work but it actually turned out pretty good-I'll be doing an update shortly. I sooo can't wait for summer to get here! At least I know most of the swelling will be gone by then..lol
How are you doing?

Hello ladies, Well I've finally reached the 3...

Hello ladies,
Well I've finally reached the 3 week mark! Can't believe it already! Well, getting straight to the point...I'm just NOT feeling my results right now!!I know its only been 3 weeks and I still have a long way to go but I just knew some of the swelling would have subsided by now. Although I'm not taking anything for the swelling like the bromelain, I am drinking pineapple juice because I heard it was good but, I just don't know at this point. I'm officially on that emotional rollercoaster right now (I guess)--smh and sighing (at the same time)lol. I have to laugh to keep from crying. I just feel like I would have had better results had I gotten the lipo. But my PS said I really didn't need the lipo??!!! I personally beg to differ!!
What are ya'll's (is that even a word) feelings about this? Am I overreacting? (sigh)
I go see my PS on Tues of next week and I'm gonna see what he thinks about the way I'm feeling about all this swelling. I hope its not fluid but in a crazy way I would feel better if it was then it would explain the swelling (more so on my right side).

I really don't want to discourage anyone because everybody is different. I know its still so early and these are probably NOT my final results but I don't know, I guess I was just hoping for something much better than the way it is now. I have to say that I do like my BB though. Its cute and just the way I wanted it. I've been wearing my CG 24/7 except to shower. I purchased and extra firm control garment that flattens the tummy and slims midriff and hips, its made by cupid and I purchased it at Walmart for $11.00, so I've been wearing that as well, I also wear this other flexee garment (pictured below).
I'm posting more pics so you all can be the judge about the swelling. ttyl.
Hey I know how emotional it can be but I promise you you are still very swollen! It will get better everyday ! I am almost 5 months post op and it takes a very long time for swelling to go away and everyone is different ! I've seen women have little to none and then some have alot ! I had alot and you do too! Give it 3 months before you really judge results! I still swelled at Night at the 3 month mark but try not to worry so much! Your so early in your recovery !
Thanks taraf1717! I hope I even make it to the 3 month mark-hopefully I won't go off the deep end of this emotional rollercoaster..lol
I definately have alot of swelling but like you said its still so early in my recovery right now-I'm trying not to be a worry wart..lol..thanks for the encouragement! you look good btw.
Hi Steph, girl, you look good for 3 weeks. Remember not to compare yourself to others as the healing process is different for every individual. You will love the final results once the swelling subsides, I am with you for support all the way dear...

Hey ladies, just wanted to do a little update ...

Hey ladies, just wanted to do a little update since I had a post op visit today. Well my PS said that there is no fluid buildup and for me not to worry about that. He said that my tummy looks great and for me not to worry. He said for me to continue wearing my binder and that should help with the swelling.
He stuck his finger in my BB though because he said that it kinda looked like it was wanting to close up! I know it seemed to be getting a little smaller but didn't really think much of it. I guess because I was so hung up on all the swelling, couldn't really concentrate on anything else, but to be honest I thought my BB looked fine! But he told me to use my finger to keep it from closing up. I swear I thought I was going to pass out when he did that! It didn't hurt though just felt weird. That whole area is still so numb. I guess if I had not have actually seen him do it I would have been ok but I can't stand the sight or thought of anything going in my BB. LOL. It kinda bled a little to.
When I got home, my BF was like "well, what did he say" I said "about what" (I knew what he was hinting around to) lol. He was wanting to know about...well you know..lol..So I kinda felt sorry for him because he has been so patient throughout this whole thing...lol..So, I'm 3 weeks 5 days post op. So, i figured what the heck might as well...And the rest is history..lol
To give an update about the swelling, it has actually gotten better! I mean, its still there but not nearly as bad as it was a week ago! My PS asked me was I glad that I did this and I told him yes! I know the stretch marks are still there but I knew they weren't going anywhere (well some of them did). I know I still have a long way to go though. I'll post more pics soon.
Hope everyone is doing fine. Sending well wishes to everyone. To all the upcoming TTer's-good luck to you and God Bless!
ttyl--;o)
Stef glad there isn't any fluids and doctor said everything is fine.
Thanks Brooksie! How are you doing?
Doing great Stef! keeping up with your results, want to make sure you are more and more excited about your results.

Hey ladies, I'm 4 weeks today!! Yay!! And just...

Hey ladies, I'm 4 weeks today!! Yay!! And just wanted to say wow! what a difference a week makes! The swelling is soooo much better. I mean, its still there but not nearly as bad as it was last week. I thought I was going to go off the deep end last week...lol..that emotional rollercoater is awful! But anyway, I just wanted to let everybody know that I'm much better this week.
The swelling has subsided substantially.
I'm posting a couple more pics also. In the mornings before work I'm somewhat flat and by the end of the work day I'm back swollen again. It just comes with the territory I guess. But, I can tell that each day its getting better and better.
Have started my scar treatment also. Been using Dr. Blaine's scar care treatment.
Hope everyone is recovering well and for all you 3 weeks and more TTer's, ya'll girls behave yourselves. (wink, wink)lol..
ttyl
Looking good Steph, check out the new waist! Rock it girl!
Thanks maof2! I'm loving my new tummy!;o)
Hi, Steph congrats... who was the PS that you used?

Happy MLK Holiday! Everyone!

Happy MLK Holiday! Everyone!
Wow Steph! What a difference a month makes!! Looking great-your waist looks tiny!! :)
Thanks Bellanocha! Hopefully in another month my waist will be smaller than that! lol..still have some swelling at the end of the day though. But still wearing my binder so that's been helping alot.
I'll be 5 weeks po tomorrow, so I may try to post more pics. Thanks for stopping by. ;o)
Hey Stephanie, another Georgia gal here. I'm 13 days post op ETT and lipo of flanks and waist. I so enjoyed reading about your journey. Just stopping by to say hi and tell you that you look. Great :)

Well hello ladies, just wanted to do a quick...

Well hello ladies, just wanted to do a quick update. Well, I'll be 7 weeks po this Thursday. I STILL have alot of swelling at the end of the day. I'm flat in the mornings and swollen by the end of the day. I still have to sleep in my binder, I really don't wear it as much during the day now like I did in the beginning. My incision has healed nicely. I'm still doing my scar treatment.
Not much as really changed since my last pics so not going to post any new ones right now maybe at my 2 month mark. But anyway, just wanted to check in with a small update. Hope everyone is doing well and good luck to all future TTer's. God Bless.
ttyl ;o)
hello- wondering if you still recommend Dr. Snodgrass after this is all over? I need a revision on an implant I had put in by another surgeon years ago that now has capsular contracture. surgeon doesnt seem very eager to help and I would like a TT also if I am going back in to surgery. Dr. Snodgrass rates are very reasonable....unlike my 1st surgeon.....just curious how you feel now that it has been awhile?

holidaymindy~  If you are in the Woodstock/Marietta area check out my PS office.  I have heard great things about all of the Docs. there and they really have a fantastic office support staff who is very attentive.  I think it all depends on what you have done, but this ps office doesn't include lipo and some do.  It was an extra charge but well worth it (except the pain of recovering!)  I wish you the best of luck.  I can't believe I am almost a year post op!
Stephanie, I am thinking about undergoing a TT next year after my baby is a little bigger/mobile. Dr. Snodgrass is doing an augmentation for me this year in July. Would you recommend him for the TT and I noticed your tuck was relatively inexpensive. Was he running some promotion or was that the normal price?
Rome Plastic Surgeon

Great PS! Very professional and great bedside manners as well. All 5 stars!