35 Yrs Old, 2 Kids and Just Put on Weight over the Past 10 Yrs..I Need Help Getting Tough Fat Off. - Rogers, MN

I scheduled my liposuction for July 31st. I paid...

I scheduled my liposuction for July 31st. I paid for $500 for a Groupon giving me $2000 toward treatment, The total treatment is $5560 so I have to pay another $3060.00 (which I am happy with considering everything I'm having done). I am having my tummy, hips, flanks and inner thighs done. I am 3 weeks before surgery...nervous but excited too.

Doctor said after 3-4 days he thought I could go back to work. I'm doing it on a Thursday and hoping by Monday I'll be feeling better...sore I'm expecting but I do hope I can go back to my routines. I will post my pictures and pain levels as I go through my procedure. He told me it is a day surgery so I'll go in the morning and be put under for about 30-60 minutes then will be in recovery for about 2-3 hours. After that I'll go home and sleep the rest of the day but should try to do some light walking and not just stay in bed after 2-3 days I should be back to light and normal routines. He said I will be on pain meds for a couple days but he thought that's all I'll need. He did say I will need to wear a compression garment for a week at all times except during bathing then after one week I will need to wear it while I sleep for an additional 2 weeks. He wants me to come back to see him about 2-3 weeks after surgery.

We did talk about the outside of my thighs and the back of my legs but he and I both didn't think I should do it because it is not "flabby" and that it could make the dimpling worse....I wasn't really thinking about that area anyway but we talked about it since I was there. He said once this fat is gone then I should really be able to see the results from my working out where as I'm just frustrated right now.

count down begins...2 weeks till surgery

I am getting nervous because I can only find 1 review on my doctor when it comes to Liposuction. I am excited and really want it done but still nervous. I'm excited but nervous....14 days :)

One week to go!

Well of course I have either a cold or allergies 1 week before surgery. I pray it goes away fast! Here are a few more before pictures. I am very ready to get this show on the road...I think waiting is the pits my anxiety builds and builds. I'm ready to get healing and on the other side of this hill.

900cc or about 2lbs removed

I got home about 4 hour ago bruising is already here purple and black. Pain isn't awful and manageable with Vicodin but I am extremely glad for ice and Vicodin. Trying to rest as much as I can. I was hoping that more would be taken but we will see what it looks like when swelling goes down I can tell my thighs already are smaller!!!! The garment is annoying the zipper and clips dig in and doesn't feel good in my bruises but I only have to wear it full time for 1 week then nights for an additional two. I will post some pics tomorrow

Legs hurt the least

In case anyone wonders my inner thighs hurt the least I can barely feel them honestly. My stomach feels like I have been punched an my sides like I have been burnt

24 hours almost exactly after surgery

I'm pretty happy with my stomach so far but my inner thighs I really hope shrink as time goes on because I can't tell that much was done...and that was something I was super excited to have done as my inner thighs are very big and I have a big problem when I walk feeling like I walk bow legged because of it and I can't cross my legs very well. I will keep you posted on that.

The pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still am taking Vicodin to control my pain but the pain is primarily where the insertion marks are from the tools they used. The bruising isn't terrible but I have been taking Arnica for 2 weeks prior to surgery at least 4 times daily. I also picked up the gel and rubbed that on the deep bruises today just keeping away from the incisions. I also purchased on ebay for $8 each two 10x15 soft gel packs and rotate those and I honestly think that has been a huge help with swelling and pain as well.

Day 3 after surgery

I no longer need pain Meds the ice packs work better than anything for both pain and swelling. I slept almost nonstop Thursday-Sunday morning but I'm doing much better than I ever expected. Still using ice gel packs and resting but I can walk no problem and move around as needed without much pain. I'm mostly tired.

Day 4

Frustrated and dizzy. I have been Dizzy off and on today not sure why but nothing horrible just not willing to drive like this. I hope I see a Lot more improvement right now yes I see a difference but not much at all in my hips and thighs :/ I know I
Should weight 3 months but will it make that big of difference I will let u know. Right now it's hard seeing what I paid and not thrilled with the results

Day 7

It's been one week already! I feel like I want to rip this garmet off but starting tomorrow the doc said I only need to wear it at night! My one legs is now showing bruising but otherwise I'm good. Still not showing much of any results but I keep telling myself 3 months. My belly button inches like crazy but I had two incisions there.

2 weeks after surgery

Well swelling and nursing is going down but still not much for change not one person has commented about my figure change and my clothes fit
The same as before surgery. I weigh the exact same as I did before surgery too. I really hope something just crazy changes because I'm not so happy

Not happy with results not much difference!!

Here are my 2-1/2 week pics. I don't even have the slightest change in my hips or inner thighs! My stomach a very slight difference but not $3600 worth. My groupon was $599 and I paid another 3k cash!

Still not much change

Very disappointed I would never pay that much for this little he still insists I will see good results but need to wait 3 months ...sorry I'm just not buyin into it. He also followed up with I may need a follow up procedure! I am not alone in this boat from this doc right now if you read other reviews.

Still flabby - Husband can't tell any difference!

I didn't tell my husband I was going to have this surgery done, he cannot tell that I have changed at all. I asked him if he can tell I lost any weight and he said no. He and I have always had a very honest relationship so I wasn't hurt by that but glad he was honest. It has been almost 3 months now...Pretty flabby and every time I look in the mirror I just think of the money I spent. If you are considering Dr. Ross consider a different doctor is my personal opinion. He is all talk, says he will make you look fabulous and that all this and that fat will be gone, he said all of my tummy fat would be flat and no more hang over, he said my underwear wouldn't dig in my hips anymore and that my inner thighs wouldn't be puffy they would be thinned out....NOT ONE of those statements are even close to accurate. He said perhaps I need to have a touch-up...A TOUCHUP! No way is he getting another cent of mine! He is a dermatologist, why he is doing this besides to fatten his pocketbook I have no idea....do your research! Wish I had listened to my gut...guts usually know best. He took my money that's for sure and left me in the same shape I was in before hand.
Scott M. Ross, MD

He had a Groupon out so that's how I found him. I had thought about the procedure but never seriously. I went in and read a bit about it in the office. He gave me some information and talked to me about the procedure. He was in and out quite a bit of my room doing other things so I didn't feel like I got all of my questions answered but I feel comfortable calling and asking questions. He was very non-emotional which I personally liked, I felt like for me I was so uncomfortable with my body and for him he was like...lets get down to business and see what we can get rid of for you and you will love it. He was realistic and honest with me about what to expect afterward....he said I would loose my muffin top and that my inner thighs would shrink significantly.

Hi Teacher2013, Doctor's who are doing Groupon don't give you $2000 worth of Lipo for $500 thats just to get you in the door so when he's doing the lipo he's only going to do $500 worth. Don't go back to this Doctor because I can't really see much different. Good luck mama.
We still ended up paying nearly $4000 for the surgery with the Groupon. It really is upsetting. I also saw Dr. Ross and hv no results.
Have you contacted your ps? Has he advised you to wait the 6 months?
I am sorry to hear the sad stories. Good luck !
It's very unfortunate that you're not seeing any difference in 27 days. Will you do a revision? hope he can do it for free. Best Of luck.
Hi Bella, I don't think Teacher2013 doctor will do another lipo for FREE. Normally when you buy a Groupon voucher you only get half of the work done. They don't tell you that because they know you won't come back.
That Groupon is Worthless! What was the point? Tricky Marketing scams :( I wish you the Best!
I really hate to see anyone going through what you are going through bc it shows sad poor jobs in the doctors work let alone taking from from hard working patients which some are single mothers. I hope you share with him what I told you what my doctor shared with me about one of his patients and how he had to re do someone else's mistakes. This is so sad. Someone should re check his past history and maybe pull his license bc it seems he is only here for a paycheck and not for his patients. I hope all goes well at your visit and hopefully you won't have to fork out another fortune to get what you should have gotten in the first place.
2 1/2 weeks after surgery, still have my muffin top and I still have big fat inner thighs. my stomach went down very VERY slightly. Scheduled a post-op to see Dr. Ross this Thursday to talk to him about this, again he only took 900cc out....I have PLENTY that could have been taken not sure why more wasn't even thin people who just want some touch ups get more than 900 out of them.
Hi there! I just recently had a mommy makeover & was hoping to have a but more lipo done in some of my unwanted areas, I noticed your profile & wanted to ask you a few questions. First off why didn't your surgeon take more off? Secondly have you had a mommy makeover before trying lipo? Are you back to work yet? Are you more pleased with your results now? How many inches were removed? If you didn't have a mommy makeover why did you choose lipo instead of this first? I'm just trying to figure out whether to pursue this for myself or not. I see my ps in sept for 6 week check up. Thanks so much for your advice!
So today I was telling my doctor a little about you and your groupon and how maybe your doctor didn't take enough off since you said about two lbs were taken off. He said he once seen a pâté in who had prior surgery and had 800cc taken off and when he got finished with her he had taken an additional 8000cc off more. He stated there was no way the prior doctor took enough out before or she wouldn't had needed to see him for a second round. Maybe your in that same boat. You only had 900 cc taken off. I weighed 148 before surgery wearing a size 9 pants and my doctor took 4700cc off of me. This alone should tell you something isn't right with your doctor and his work. I would def go back and see him and see what he has to say. I now have lost 9 lbs and 6 1/2 inches off around my waist. Good luck!
This is crazy. I know something is wrong here. There has to be something we can do! :(
I am going in to see him next week honestly I can't tell anything has been done except I have a few incision scars very disappointed!
I weigh 170 and am 5'8. I am not fat but was a good candidate for hips stomach and inner thighs I'm 100 percent not satisfied
When you see him can you please post what he said. Like I wrote before, I asked when I could come back and all he typed was "one year". I am looking at Sonobello and other options because I have to do something to correct the gross mistakes that were done to my legs.
I'm 100% with you on this and I don't think we are the only ones. I have hardly, if any changes. I had mine done on July 1st. Very irritated and when I went in to get stitches out he said I was still swollen and nothing has changed since then. If anything I felt it looked better week 3 than it does now. We need to keep in contact and find out what is going on with this. It is not fair we pay this much money for little to no results!!! "Here for you"!!!!!! alesha.haneca@gmail.com
Well it's been 2 1/2 months and nothing on the legs--if anything the dents are even more pronounced. I really think he just stuck the canula down the inner thigh and sucked out at the end by the knee (really????) and that's it, completely bypassing the upper inner thigh that had all the fat--I see absolutely no changes except for the new dents I have. The more I look at pictures of my previous stomach, I really don't see much changes in that after all either. The worst thing is there is nothing anyone can do about it, you can't get refunded on plastic surgery, and I certainly would NEVER go back for a revision to someone who did such a crappy job in the first place. Is it really realistic to expect any improvements after 3 months? People say wait 3 or 6 months for final improvements, but t's not like my inner thighs are suddenly going to shrink one day and the dents will go away??? Just like you I looked better a month ago than today--at least I still had hope for change. :(
I looked at your profile and your photos and I can tell the difference in your before and after for sure. Stay positive and keep your head up it will happen. Some just may be slower than others.
My current is different and not swollen can post later.
Great thanks I will email you and I completely agree I don't think I lost an inch honestly!
How come you don't respond to anyone's comments on here? We are just as curious as you and hope all is going well with your recovery. Have you ever consulted your Doctor about this issue? I wonder if bc you had a groupon the doctor does a poor job since he doesn't get paid the full price, but then again aren't they the ones who put out the groupons? These are just questions to think about and ask bc you did pay big money and it's your body and if you said he only took out 2lbs that alone doesn't sound like a lot by far. Good luck though!
FINALLY I found a thread with this groupon!!!!!!! I had my stomach and inner thighs done May 28th and have the exact same thoughts as you, two months later I am very happy with my stomach, but there wasn't that much there to begin with. My inner thighs, however, are a different story. I am NOT very happy right now and feel like it was a waste of time and money. I see hardly any change EXCEPT for several large dents where it appears too much fat was taken out, and almost no change to the upper inner thighs as the fat area is longer and larger than the other leg and there are soft fluffy lumps that I massage but don't go away. If I put my legs together you can clearly see a difference between the two, one inner upper thigh is now larger than the other. If I do a plie it is even worse. Of course I don't expect every body part to be symmetrical, but to be so contrasting is ridiculous. I emailed him to see when I could do a touchup or redo, and he emailed me back "one year" and that was it!!! I am disappointed to say the least. I did have a great recovery. I had surgery on a Thursday and was back to work Monday and I am in a tough physical field. By week two I was running 2 miles, and by week three, back to 3-4 at a time. My bruising was gone completely in a month. I still have occasional inner thigh pain that feels as though I am pulling my inner thigh muscle, but that is in the area where the dents are so I wonder if the muscle was damaged and is still recovering. Some people say you need to wait 6 months to see results, but I have almost given up hope because my swelling is completely the upper inner thighs that still rub together and are now somewhat deformed (in my opinion, I know what I looked like before) and this I what I am now stuck with. BTW I am 5-7 and weigh 142 lbs so I was not overweight to begin with nor have I gained weight--this was my welcome home from Iraq present to myself. I should have re-searched it better, but I guess you get what you pay for--at least my stomach is hot!
I've also used this Groupon. Had surgery July 1st and upset with abdominal results. Hmmm...
I think that is normal fof a lot of us. At three months I was at about 50%, now at seven months I am still seeing improvement. Some of us just take a while longer. Good luck
I got mine done on July 30th, I didn't do thighs, but did entire abdomen and back along with arms. I am slowly seeing results, but I still weigh about 5 lbs more than the day of surgery, so I'm fairly certain that I'm just stuffed full of fluid. Some people see instant results, and it's hard when you don't feel like it happens quickly, but hopefully it will work out over the next few months. I've also had a lot of pain on and off. Some people say lipo is easy or that you can go back to work in 1-2 days.. I have not experienced that. Hang in there and keep us posted. I bet that everything will work out well, but don't be afraid to get it fixed if you don't end up happy in a few months.