The 2 Week Count Down! Can't Wait! - Rockville, MD

Its the most unusual feeling of being scared but...

Its the most unusual feeling of being scared but at the same time I can't wait for what I am scared of. I am posting before pictures as this is the first step in me walking in my freedom. Not even my loving and very caring boyfriend has seen me in this light but oO well here goes nothing. (see pictures) On June 24th I will be getting a full tummy tuck with lipo something I have wanted for years.

I am a mother of 3 boys the youngest of which is 13 and the oldest is 21.

I will post pictures as I have found them to be a great help so welcome to my journey. I have posted pictures of what I look like in clothes or my disguise as I like to call it because you would never know the horror that was underneath them. LOL

So here are my questions for the pros that have been through the tt

1. Should I try to lose any weight during this time?

2. What should I eat after surgery?

3. Is it unreasonable to believe that I can go back to work in 10 days?

June 17, 2010 OK so I woke up this morning...

June 17, 2010 OK so I woke up this morning thinking I am at my one week mark when I got a phone call from my doc's assistant asking if I would like to do it on Weds. instead of Thursday!!! Jumping up and down I said sure why not... So I am 6 days away from my big day can't wait!!!!

Ok so I am 13 days out and all I cam say is WOW...

Ok so I am 13 days out and all I cam say is WOW WOW I can't believe how smooth and painfree the recovery is Must have a high tolerance for pain or something but I was off pain meds by day 3 the only complaint is the emotional rollercoaster that I have been on I was feeling so well I was doing way to much so I still have my drai in and i have put myself bedrest because I want this thing out on Tuesday when I go back but right now I am still putting out to much fluid I have pictures but my computer charger is broken and icant upload pictures from my iPod so pictures coming soon. Thanks for all the well wishes this site has been a joy for me. Chat with you soon

July 7 I am felling GREAT! I am super pleased with...

July 7 I am felling GREAT! I am super pleased with my results so far I went to the doctor on Tuesday to see if he would take my drain out but he didn't but I went to work anyway I couldn't take another day in the house in the bed. So I am trying to get under 30cc's of drainage I did 30cc's in the last 24 hours so I hope he will take it out tomorrow. I didn't expect to have my drain in this long but its not a big bother only that I couldn't shower for so long until Tuesday when the doc told me to just go ahead a shower YEPPIE!!!!! it felt soooooooooooooo goood. Ok and now the moment of truth below i have posted my after pics of my jearnory along the way and hopefully I will post a picture tomorrow of me without the drain. *fingers crossed* and plus I am running out of things to wear to hide the drain LOL Ok enough chat here you go!

July 16 I am feeling great! This has changed my...

July 16 I am feeling great! This has changed my life! Well worth everything it took to get here!

If you are in the Washington, DC metro area and...

If you are in the Washington, DC metro area and are considering a tummy tuck if suggest you go and have a consult with Dr. T he is the greatest! I have posted new pics!

I am back in the gym and getting great results I...

I am back in the gym and getting great results I had gain back 15 lbs after surgery but I have lost 10 of those and well on my way to my goal weight of 130lbs still feeling great no set backs my scar is dark but I can live with that. See photos

Photo Update

2 YEARS POST OP AND FEELING GREAT! SEE PICS :-)

2 YEARS POST OP AND FEELING GREAT!

SEE PICS :-)

3 YEAR POST OP AND STILL LOVING THE NEW ME!

THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF. I AM NOW WORKING ON A SIX PACK :-)

3 YEARS LATER!

Well 3 years later and I am just as happy as DAY 1 I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting this done if you are considering it. Dr. T is a great Dr. with great bedside manners and you truly feel his concern for you and your well being.

A CHANGED WOMEN BODY AND MIND!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dr. T Rockville, MD is the most amazing Dr. He made me feel 100% comfortable and confident his staff is great they treated me kind and with so much respect. I would recommend him to anyone!

Girl, you look awesome!!!
You look AMAZING!! Thanks for your story. Going with Dr. T and I can't wait.
Thank you so much I feel amazing :-D good luck you are in great hands Dr.T is the best keep us posted on your progress
blackbutterfly - I sent you a message...I'm never sure those things go through to people. :) Just a heads up. Thanks.
I was trying to respond but can't figure out how to. I am sending you a message now. :-)
Woohoo! Looking excellent! Stunning....
Hello again VAmum... I just replied to you on my page. I understand about the encouragement... you seen on my pics that my right hip is still a little more puffier than my left. I know my right hip was a little bigger than my left before the surgery but thought with the lipo he did that it wouldn't be an issue afterwards. I massage mind and put a compression garment on and it has gone down a little... just a little. I'm hoping it goes down much more so I don't have to have lipo again. I'm 5 weeks post op and still swollen so yours should go down more in the next few weeks...
I'm 10 days post op and I need some encouragement, I'm pretty swollen on the right side, where the drain is placed, did that happen to you. I've also been pretty swollen from day one, I'm not sure why cos, I'm pretty slim( just got a belly)
Maybe we should just ask for the steroids injection to be on the safe side.
Yeah I dont think I ever want to be cut again, so i've already made up my mind that if it keloids it just does! I've been taking pictures and keeping a file to see my progress.
Did you try the silicone strip? I'm thinking of trying it. I hear you about the reminder too! Thanks ms lady!
Nope I didn't use anything I wish I would have but he said now its too late the only solution is to cut it off and start over but this time do steroid injection to stop the keloid...ahhhhh NO THANKS :---) your welcome and good luck dont forget to take pictures if only for yourself so you can really see the difference
Ok, yeah Dr. T told me that I could walk but don't be out there trying to do powerwalks (lol). I just had my drains taken out two days ago. He said that I could switch to something like spanx when I go to work next week then put the compression band back on when I get home from work. Your pics are FABULOUS! I'm really hoping my results turn out as good as yours! I'm African American also so he was worried about keloids but I haven't seen any signs so hopefully it won't keloid. I really wish this swelling would just go away!
Thanks so much

By the way I do have a BIG keloid scar hip to hip but I am still happy for my results he put the scar low that when I wear my bikini you can't even see it. I went to him a few weeks ago to see about having it removed but I decided to just live with it. :-) its a reminder of were I came from and that I don't want to get that big again
I wore the compression garment for about 3 weeks that's how long it took to get my drains out BECAUSE I was at the track WALKING on day 5 post op LOL Big Mistake. Dr. T told me that feeling good so some is a gift and a curse because you think you can do more then you should do. Finally after 3 weeks with drains in I went to spanx. Take is easy with your walking :-)
Thanks for the encouragement! How long did you wear your binder and did you switch to a compression garment or spanx? I think i'm going to start walking a little more also...
OMG! You look great! Dr. T just did mine also. I had a full TT with flank and back lipo. I'm 2 weeks post op as of today. My stomach and hips are swollen... did your's swell? If so, how long did it take for your swelling to go down? Maybe it's the swelling that's discouraging me, especially when my 16yr old son told me that I look the same before I had it done (I went to the bathroom and nearly drowned myself in tears). I see a little difference and hoping as the weeks go by i'll singing "happy happy joy joy"... plus I know to stay away from a lot of salt also.
Congrats :-) Don't let the swelling discourage you, mines took about 2 months to go down. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to get the results I did and when in my first 2 weeks my boyfriend told me the same thing :-( (MEN) GO FIGURE! Look at my pictures and you can see what I looked like and you can see I was pretty swollen and it just slowly but surely went down. I am actually bigger now then I was right after surgery...But I am smaller in my waist but I have jeans that I purchase that I can't get one leg in right now...LOL I don't let it get to me I just watch what I eat and stay in the gym I am happy and that's all that matter. focus on making you happy after all you are Destined2b :-) Keep me posted on your porgress
Hello, I am using dr T too, my surgery is April 6th, I'm so nervous. I just joined this forum. I pray it works great. I'm AA and just finally convinced my husband, I'll have my mom watch my kids. Thanks for sharing your journey .
Congrats on your upcoming surgery, you will do fine and you will feel great. I remember waking up after surgery and feeling like a million bucks :-) it was the best rest I had gotten in a long time. LOL Its great that you have help I think that is going to be key because at first you wont be able to get up to feed yourself and you also need motivation to get up and walk every 2 hours. Good luck and keep me posted :-)
You look awesome!!!
THanks :-)
I have my Consultatio with him next week... Thanks for all these post to help ease the fears.
He is great he will ease your fears much more. He has great bed side manners unlike any doc I have been to see in years
Thanks, and I'm sure I will bug you after surgery lol.. That is great that you kept the weight off, I think this will be my confidence boost to work out and eat healthy cause when I did it before of course my stomach wouldn't go anywhere! But I will kept you updated and let you how things are..thanks so much!