The 2 Week Count Down! Can't Wait! - Rockville, MD

Its the most unusual feeling of being scared but...

Its the most unusual feeling of being scared but at the same time I can't wait for what I am scared of. I am posting before pictures as this is the first step in me walking in my freedom. Not even my loving and very caring boyfriend has seen me in this light but oO well here goes nothing. (see pictures) On June 24th I will be getting a full tummy tuck with lipo something I have wanted for years.

I am a mother of 3 boys the youngest of which is 13 and the oldest is 21.

I will post pictures as I have found them to be a great help so welcome to my journey. I have posted pictures of what I look like in clothes or my disguise as I like to call it because you would never know the horror that was underneath them. LOL

So here are my questions for the pros that have been through the tt

1. Should I try to lose any weight during this time?

2. What should I eat after surgery?

3. Is it unreasonable to believe that I can go back to work in 10 days?

Thanks so much for posting your photos. You're going to love your new body. And I adore your description of being scared of what you're excited about. What an odd sensation, huh?

Please keep us posted. And, if you're interested, I'm giving away a great goody package including Mederma, Silicone ScarAway Sheets, Colgate Wisps and Montagne Jeunesse facial masques for some post-op pampering. All you have to do is email me a pre-op and post-op video. Send me a personal message if you'd be up for this.

I had an extended TT with lipo and it's the most amazing thing you can do for yourself! You look awesome in "disguise" by the way. :) I wouldn't try to lose any weight in the 2 weeks though. You want your weight to be stable when you go in. That way you get the best results possible. So don't do anything to lost a bunch of weight as you could possibly can it back right after surgery. Right after surgery stay away from salt and spicey foods. They will make the swelling worse. Eat really healthy and make sure you gets lots of yogurt and fiber as it will help with constipation from the meds they give you. Ten days may be a little soon for work depending on your job. I still couldn't stand up straight at 10 days. If you have a job where you can sit all day then you might be able to do it. Just make sure to rest as much as you can when you get home. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck!!
Thank you Brittany How soon and often did you get up and walk around after surgery and how long and where did you walk? Thanks

June 17, 2010 OK so I woke up this morning...

June 17, 2010 OK so I woke up this morning thinking I am at my one week mark when I got a phone call from my doc's assistant asking if I would like to do it on Weds. instead of Thursday!!! Jumping up and down I said sure why not... So I am 6 days away from my big day can't wait!!!!

I know ur big day is gone and u should be on ur way to recovery, i wish u smoothing sailing and all the best post some after pics soon.
Hi..I hope you are doing good...Please, keep us posted!!
WELL....... HOW DID YOUR TUMMY TUCK GO? AND HOW DO YOU FEEL? I'm thinking of you, and wishing you well! Keep us posted on your recovery, and HAPPY HEALING!

Ok so I am 13 days out and all I cam say is WOW...

Ok so I am 13 days out and all I cam say is WOW WOW I can't believe how smooth and painfree the recovery is Must have a high tolerance for pain or something but I was off pain meds by day 3 the only complaint is the emotional rollercoaster that I have been on I was feeling so well I was doing way to much so I still have my drai in and i have put myself bedrest because I want this thing out on Tuesday when I go back but right now I am still putting out to much fluid I have pictures but my computer charger is broken and icant upload pictures from my iPod so pictures coming soon. Thanks for all the well wishes this site has been a joy for me. Chat with you soon

July 7 I am felling GREAT! I am super pleased with...

July 7 I am felling GREAT! I am super pleased with my results so far I went to the doctor on Tuesday to see if he would take my drain out but he didn't but I went to work anyway I couldn't take another day in the house in the bed. So I am trying to get under 30cc's of drainage I did 30cc's in the last 24 hours so I hope he will take it out tomorrow. I didn't expect to have my drain in this long but its not a big bother only that I couldn't shower for so long until Tuesday when the doc told me to just go ahead a shower YEPPIE!!!!! it felt soooooooooooooo goood. Ok and now the moment of truth below i have posted my after pics of my jearnory along the way and hopefully I will post a picture tomorrow of me without the drain. *fingers crossed* and plus I am running out of things to wear to hide the drain LOL Ok enough chat here you go!

Oh, I forgot to ask you, did you have any lipo done and where?
Thank you so much it looks even better as the days go by. Yes I did have lipo on my sides my doctor doesn't lipo under the breast area he feels he can be more aggressive with the pulling down of skin if he doesn't and I am very pleased. I still have my drain in so that is the only thing I am not so happy with but I will have it removed tomorrow so that will be very freeing to have done I will be more free to dress without worrying about hiding the drain. Overall I am super happy! The time will fly by before you know it your day will be here. Good luck and take before and after pictures it really helps you appreciate the process.
Thank you for your response. My pre-op is the last week in september, but I remember at my consultation the doctor saying he would do some lipo, I just can't remeber where all he is going to do it. Before I was nervous about being put to sleep. Now I'm nervous about my results not being as good as others I've seen. I'm so excited though. I will definatley post pics when the time comes. Keep us updated with pics. Did you start taking vitamins or stool softeners before surgery? Oh, could you sleep the night before? Glad everything went so well.

July 16 I am feeling great! This has changed my...

July 16 I am feeling great! This has changed my life! Well worth everything it took to get here!

If you are in the Washington, DC metro area and...

If you are in the Washington, DC metro area and are considering a tummy tuck if suggest you go and have a consult with Dr. T he is the greatest! I have posted new pics!

Wooohoooo I have a date for my TT it is January 5th at 830 AM she said I do not need any lipo since I am lean however the scar would be long do to lose skin .. I am so excited and scared at the same time it is all I think about day and night..Thanks for all of your kind words and hope to keep in touch. Divafit..
Hey Girrrrl Happy for you:0)Just keep your fitness up that helps a whole lot.The younger you are the quicker you heal.I am 51 and I am pretty much on schedule.The swelling kinda interfered with my Yoga,& Zumba but I did not let it stop me.Still getting better everyday.Just post some before pix so you can document your progress.Keep in touch can't wait to see the new you!!!!
Thank you so much for the encouragement ,I think about it every day ..One day I am scared and the next excited… sometime I think, I am already 42 what’s the big deal. Then I realize , I have just began to live and I’m in the best shape of my life, and have worked hard to get here what’s wrong with wanting to improve the area that no matter how hard I work will always be there ..It is a on and off again flood of thoughts on why I should or should not have my TT..In the end it is something I really want to do. But after your post I have decided that I don’t need a reason as long as I will be happy and feel good about my decision..

I am back in the gym and getting great results I...

I am back in the gym and getting great results I had gain back 15 lbs after surgery but I have lost 10 of those and well on my way to my goal weight of 130lbs still feeling great no set backs my scar is dark but I can live with that. See photos
You look fantastic. My date is April 8th. Say a little prayer for me. I think you must be connected. lol.
You are ROCKIN'!!!! Look at you! I love your results! :-D

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm so thankful to have found this site! What a wonderful resource for information and to help all us Tummy Tuckers not feel alone! I don't really know anyone who has done this and I just want to have someone to relate to! Ya, know?!

I'm scheduled for 4/18/11 and am trying not to be anxious as 100 questions, thoughts and feelings are constantly zipping around my brain! Thanks again for sharing your positive journey and your amazing and beautiful photos! Your joy jumps off the screen and honestly made me smile! God Bless!

Photo Update

Hello again VAmum... I just replied to you on my page. I understand about the encouragement... you seen on my pics that my right hip is still a little more puffier than my left. I know my right hip was a little bigger than my left before the surgery but thought with the lipo he did that it wouldn't be an issue afterwards. I massage mind and put a compression garment on and it has gone down a little... just a little. I'm hoping it goes down much more so I don't have to have lipo again. I'm 5 weeks post op and still swollen so yours should go down more in the next few weeks...
I'm 10 days post op and I need some encouragement, I'm pretty swollen on the right side, where the drain is placed, did that happen to you. I've also been pretty swollen from day one, I'm not sure why cos, I'm pretty slim( just got a belly)
Maybe we should just ask for the steroids injection to be on the safe side.

2 YEARS POST OP AND FEELING GREAT! SEE PICS :-)

2 YEARS POST OP AND FEELING GREAT!

SEE PICS :-)

3 YEAR POST OP AND STILL LOVING THE NEW ME!

THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF. I AM NOW WORKING ON A SIX PACK :-)
You look AMAZING!! Thanks for your story. Going with Dr. T and I can't wait.
Thank you so much I feel amazing :-D good luck you are in great hands Dr.T is the best keep us posted on your progress
blackbutterfly - I sent you a message...I'm never sure those things go through to people. :) Just a heads up. Thanks.

3 YEARS LATER!

Well 3 years later and I am just as happy as DAY 1 I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting this done if you are considering it. Dr. T is a great Dr. with great bedside manners and you truly feel his concern for you and your well being.

A CHANGED WOMEN BODY AND MIND!
Girl, you look awesome!!!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dr. T Rockville, MD is the most amazing Dr. He made me feel 100% comfortable and confident his staff is great they treated me kind and with so much respect. I would recommend him to anyone!