Finally Made It to the Flatlands! - Rockville, MD

Hi ladies, I had my surgery on Wednesday, May 15th...

Hi ladies,
I had my surgery on Wednesday, May 15th @ 10am. Dr. Tattlebaum is the best there is. It had been a year since our consultation and before he marked me up he told me he couldn't make me flat because I'm full-figured. He saw the disappointment on my face but I had to look @ the big picture...as long as I no longer had the saggy skin I'm happy. The good news is that when he marked me up he said I carry my weight in my legs and my waist is small so I would be happy with my results.

The time came and I my surgery was done and I woke up to ALOT of pain....OMG! I had a TT with muscle tightening and Lipo on my flanks and back. This is day 3 and walking hunched over is incredibly painful but my fiancee has been wonderful. He ordered my recliner and picked up a walker from a family friend. This is day 3 so I'm obviously walking better but I'm SORE as all hell. I'll post pics real soon but I'm getting sleepy.

7 days post-op

Hello ladies,

I wanted to share my experience last night. I hadn't had a BM since the day of my surgery so I'd been using dulcolax to help soften my stool when the time finally came. Well, boy was I wrong. I had the urge and nothing happened and slowly I began to feel weak and nauseausated. Istarted feeling dizzy and thank God my daughter was home I told her to throw cold water on my face hoping that would keep me from fainting. It helped for a short time but the unthinkable happened. I "fainted" in the bathroom. The ambulance was called so when I got there I was given an enema and turned out my blood pressure dropped dangerously low. I lost my appetite so I was only drinking Ensure. My advice ladies is to eat healthy but certainly a little more substance. The pain meds they give you constipate you so definitley consume plenty of fiber in your diet. OMG....I had a cough and sneeze attack after I came home from the hospital and I was like you've got to freaking kidding me this cannot be happening. It felt like a busted some sutures and was bleeding on the inside. My follow-up appointment is scheduled tomorrow afternoon so I'm anxious to discuss the recent events with my ever so-caring doctor. I've been slow walking and obviously still hunched over but it's getting better each day. I'll post new pics tomorrow and to those of you who are healing I wish you all a speedy and safe recovery. Chao!

2 Weeks Post-op

Well its been exactly 2 weeks today since I've had my TT and lipo to flanks and back. I'm feeling so much stronger and I thought I was well enough to drive myself to the bank and grocery store yesterday....guess what? NOT!!!!! my body cussed me out and said sit your ass down and relax. I paid for it dearly so I listened....anywho I'll be posting updated pics today and I'm still very swollen. I'm scheduled to have my drain removed tomorrow (keeping fingers crossed). I cannot wait to take a shower so I warned my kids that they'll probably be no water left after I'm done:) my drain leaks like crazy and I must say although I'm still hunched over I'm able to stand up straight about 75%....not bad for 2wks. If anyone knows where I can purchase a really good CG please let me know I'm desperate. The material with the CG that the doctor provided irritated my skin which explains the band aids from blisters I got from it. Well I guess that's enough for now and hopefully good news tomorrow. Bless all you ladies who are in the healing process and those scheduled for upcoming surgeries. My prayers are with all of you!

2wks post-op pics as promised

Review made earlier....

Photos of me so you ladies can see who you're talking to!

No drain out today and lost my temper but quickly apologized (I am Cuban @ the end of the day) no excuses I'm just sayin...lol....hoping for the best next Thursday's appt. Be well and take care ladies!

I accidentally put same photo twice...oops!

3 Week Update

Good morning ladies!
It's been three weeks today since I've had my surgery and I can't believe how fast the time is approaching....especially for an impatient person like me. As you all know I was unable to have me drain removed since I was doing "THE MOST" thinking I was good and had my bubble bust when told my cc's were too high....I learned my lesson that time and as I'm scheduled to return to another follow-up tomorrow to evaluate my drain being taken out. I've been doing very well and not going hard in the paint...lol...I'm confident it's being removed. I'd like to thank jerzeejewel with the fantastic website I plan on purchasing my CG from www.designveronique.com. Girl, you are so right they have everything but I still need to get a measuring tape so I order the right size. I'm a thick girl and the last thing I want to do is order the wrong size. I have to thank ALL of the "realself divas" for all of your support and encouraging words. It's been therapeautic for me to vent and talk about what I've been going through and seeing my transformation. I'm posting new pics. Oh, I can't seem to Vitamin E Oil anywhere which is odd cause I could find it when I don't need it but now that I do I can' find them anywhere. Do you ladies have any suggestions on what scar therapy seems to work? Mederma? has that worked for anyone? I'll keep you posted on my follow-up visit tomorrow and hopefully with good news! Chao my divas and happy healing to all of you and for those with upcoming surgeries....abrazos y besos (hugs and kisses) !!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

All I've got to say is he's THE BEST!