Get This Thing off of Me!

I have wanted a lotus tattoo with this placement...

I have wanted a lotus tattoo with this placement for years. I have been researching artists for a long time as well. I had gone to a tattoo convention and chose an artist with an absolutely beautiful portfolio. My boyfriend actually had gotten a tattoo by the same artist, and his turned out beautiful, so I wasn't worried. Long story short, I ended up hating it AS SOON as it was finished. The line work and shading is shaky and is not up to my standards and the tattoo isn't even the color scheme I asked for-- I had wanted the lotus to be blue and purple. This tattoo makes me feel like I am wearing a sticker that I could have drawn myself.

All of that is irrelevant, so I'll save it. Long story short, I somehow ended up with a horrible tattoo.

I will be scheduling numerous consultations to find out what will be the fastest method to get rid of this.
It is a month old tattoo.

So far I have been given an over-the-phone $900 per treatment expectancy with the PicoSure laser, but have not yet seen a doctor in person. I will be scheduling a consultation this week.

Join me on my journey... I sure hope this helps someone out.

Scheduled Consultation

I just got off the phone with a center that has the PicoSure laser. My consultation is the 20th!

I also have a consultation with a different tattoo artist than the original in my area to see what he can do as far as touching it up goes. I used to think tattoos were for me, but after this awful experience I will probably just go with lasering it off... Or perhaps getting it lightened enough to the point where I can get a more elegant lotus over it.

We'll find out I suppose :)

I've heard that with the PicoSure laser, it is difficult to remove reds and yellows. Do you guys think the removal of this tattoo will be stubborn?

Covering Up A Tattoo

I enjoy makeup. I love applying it, I love the techniques, I love experimenting with it. I came across this video a couple months ago and asked my boyfriend if I could attempt it on one of his tattoos but he is too much afraid to allow me to put all of those products on his skin ha ha. Unfortunately, now that I have a tattoo of my own, it is in an unreachable location and I still cannot attempt this for myself to tell you how well this technique actually works, but it is worth a shot for anyone who has a more visible tattoo!

You will need, make up primer, foundation, orange or pink eyeshadow (depending on the under-tone of your skin), hairspray, concealer and setting powder.

Attached is the video, let me know how it works out!

Covering A Tattoo

Extra Regretful Tonight

Really bumming myself out tonight. There are so many other things I could spend the money of laser removal towards. I would love to go to Hawaii. *sigh*

I had two touch-up consultations with a different artist than the original, in my area. He cancelled my appointment the day before, each time I scheduled a new one. I am taking this as a sign and going straight for tattoo removal. My consultation for the PicoSure laser is this Friday, the 20th.

First Treatment

I went in to my consultation appointment and was told everything I need to know.
$650 a treatment. 2-5 sessions. (This is with the PicoSure laser, for those who are wondering).

After hearing all that he said, "If we could treat this today, would you want to?" I replied with, "definitely"... So here is a picture of my back directly after treatment. The blue is so faded! And I see some black outline that has already disappeared.

Overall, I am very happy today! I am happy to have my first treatment done with and I am happy to say that the pain of the PicoSure laser is not so bad :) It hurts more than a tattoo, but only took 2 minutes to complete (the tattoo is 5x3")... It is endurable and not as bad as I have expected from the things I've heard from others!

I will keep posting pictures as the skin heals.

1 Week

1 week since my first PicoSure treatment. It's been pretty itchy the past couple days (nothing too bad) and started peeling today. Sorry that the lighting of the photo isn't the best.

Feeling Hopeless

I'm tired of hiding this and not feeling able to wear certain clothes.

Everytime I see it, I just sigh...