Get This Thing off of Me! - Rochester, NY

I have wanted a lotus tattoo with this placement...

I have wanted a lotus tattoo with this placement for years. I have been researching artists for a long time as well. I had gone to a tattoo convention and chose an artist with an absolutely beautiful portfolio. My boyfriend actually had gotten a tattoo by the same artist, and his turned out beautiful, so I wasn't worried. Long story short, I ended up hating it AS SOON as it was finished. The line work and shading is shaky and is not up to my standards and the tattoo isn't even the color scheme I asked for-- I had wanted the lotus to be blue and purple. This tattoo makes me feel like I am wearing a sticker that I could have drawn myself.

All of that is irrelevant, so I'll save it. Long story short, I somehow ended up with a horrible tattoo.

I will be scheduling numerous consultations to find out what will be the fastest method to get rid of this.
It is a month old tattoo.

So far I have been given an over-the-phone $900 per treatment expectancy with the PicoSure laser, but have not yet seen a doctor in person. I will be scheduling a consultation this week.

Join me on my journey... I sure hope this helps someone out.

Scheduled Consultation

I just got off the phone with a center that has the PicoSure laser. My consultation is the 20th!

I also have a consultation with a different tattoo artist than the original in my area to see what he can do as far as touching it up goes. I used to think tattoos were for me, but after this awful experience I will probably just go with lasering it off... Or perhaps getting it lightened enough to the point where I can get a more elegant lotus over it.

We'll find out I suppose :)

I've heard that with the PicoSure laser, it is difficult to remove reds and yellows. Do you guys think the removal of this tattoo will be stubborn?

Covering Up A Tattoo

I enjoy makeup. I love applying it, I love the techniques, I love experimenting with it. I came across this video a couple months ago and asked my boyfriend if I could attempt it on one of his tattoos but he is too much afraid to allow me to put all of those products on his skin ha ha. Unfortunately, now that I have a tattoo of my own, it is in an unreachable location and I still cannot attempt this for myself to tell you how well this technique actually works, but it is worth a shot for anyone who has a more visible tattoo!

You will need, make up primer, foundation, orange or pink eyeshadow (depending on the under-tone of your skin), hairspray, concealer and setting powder.

Attached is the video, let me know how it works out!

Covering A Tattoo

Extra Regretful Tonight

Really bumming myself out tonight. There are so many other things I could spend the money of laser removal towards. I would love to go to Hawaii. *sigh*

I had two touch-up consultations with a different artist than the original, in my area. He cancelled my appointment the day before, each time I scheduled a new one. I am taking this as a sign and going straight for tattoo removal. My consultation for the PicoSure laser is this Friday, the 20th.

First Treatment

I went in to my consultation appointment and was told everything I need to know.
$650 a treatment. 2-5 sessions. (This is with the PicoSure laser, for those who are wondering).

After hearing all that he said, "If we could treat this today, would you want to?" I replied with, "definitely"... So here is a picture of my back directly after treatment. The blue is so faded! And I see some black outline that has already disappeared.

Overall, I am very happy today! I am happy to have my first treatment done with and I am happy to say that the pain of the PicoSure laser is not so bad :) It hurts more than a tattoo, but only took 2 minutes to complete (the tattoo is 5x3")... It is endurable and not as bad as I have expected from the things I've heard from others!

I will keep posting pictures as the skin heals.

1 Week

1 week since my first PicoSure treatment. It's been pretty itchy the past couple days (nothing too bad) and started peeling today. Sorry that the lighting of the photo isn't the best.

Feeling Hopeless

I'm tired of hiding this and not feeling able to wear certain clothes.

Everytime I see it, I just sigh...

Hi :) How is your fading coming along, have you had anymore sessions? I would love an update.
Hi! I too am from the Rochester area. I've just started looking into tattoo removal and am feeling totally over whelmed! I guess I didn't expect to find so many different places that offer different techniques. What was it that made you decide on the place and the picosure?
I chose the only place in Rochester with the PicoSure laser. They just started using it a couple months before I had my first treatment. I chose the PicoSure laser because it is the newest technology and I have heard it is the best choice to get rid of blue. We are truly lucky to live here because there is a high demand for this type of laser for tattoo removal. Although, I have heard it may not be the best choice get rid of pink and red... The level of efficiency with PicoSure and the color pink seems to vary from person to person...
Hi, just checking in to see how you are doing. I know it`s so frustrating to feel like you have to hide your back. You really don`t need to, but I certainly understand the feeling that you do as your not comfortable with it. When is your next appointment?

Thanks for the check-up! Luckily, it will be Winter soon and I won't have to think about making sure it is covered. I have yet to schedule a next appointment and am unsure when I am going to do so. It is a bit expensive.
I completely understand your feeling of hopelessness and frustration at not being able to wear what you want - I have a dark dense tattoo I absolutely hate and all I can think about is how horrible it looks when I wear a nice dress. However someone once said to me that what you dislike, others may love and no one has to know your feelings towards your tattoo, confidence is definitely key! You've already started your removal process and are on the right path. Good luck! X
Thank you for the encouragement. What you said is true and has definitely helped put things into prospective. I do pretend to not be so bothered by this, only those close to me know I even have this tattoo. I hide it as much as possible. Though, I'm sure you know that with being a female, most of our clothes are open-back... And it's the Summer. You know, I never realized that 99% of our clothes options in the Summer do show so much back until this happened. The things you take for granted, you know? Lol. Anyway, I read the story of your tattoo that you posted on your profile and I want to tell you that if you are determined in getting your tattoo removed, don't be so fearful! It's really not so bad because it gets done with so quick. I personally think your tattoo is cute and I think the only people who would judge you for it are those less open-minded to the tattoo culture. I don't think you should worry about what those people think :) Your tattoo is all black so removal won't be as hard as a colored one. If you don't think you could ever grow to love your tattoo and removal is what you truly want, I 100% think you should go for it! But your tattoo is adorable.
Wow. What wonderful results from your first session. I had really nice fading in my red with the Q-switched laser and am hoping the picosure really breaks up my black. I can totally relate with having to choose outfits that cover my tattoo. Congrats on starting your treatments and good luck.
The blue/green has really faded! I usually don't see any fading for at least 3 weeks!
Nice fading!!
Lucky you to have the Picosure laser in your area! Those are amazing results for just one treatment and I suppose it'll fade even more as the weeks pass. Like you, I'm after full removal and not cover up. I do like tattoos and have 4 in other parts of my body but somehow putting one on my forearm which is such an exposed part of my body affected me so much to the point of wanting it removed completely. Mine is all black with flecks of blue and I hope to get amazing results with the laser used on mine. I read somewhere that eventhough the picosure is a very good laser, for other colors like oranges and red, the q-switched lasers are still being used to target those areas. My machine (the revlite) has a special handpiece that's supposed to target colors like orange, red, green and blue. Maybe you could inquire other clinics about your concerns regarding the more potentially stubborn colors. Good luck!
Congrats on completing your first treatment! And kiddos for choosing the Picosure laser...I wish I had started with it. It is so much more effective! Please keep posting pictures. It's so motivating to watch other's progress.
Will do!
*kudos* darn auto-correct!
Congrats on starting the process! Happy healing for now ;)
Thank you!
Happy for you!! Nice quick treatment, keep us posted :)
Congrats on getting underway! Looks a lot less faded already! Looking forward to seeing your progress :)
Meant to say vivid**
I agree to listen to the signs, I had them too before going to get my tattoo and I didn't listen. Sorry you had such a tough night, hopefully today you feel better.
Just watched the video you posted! Big thanks! That's really make me feel I can try make up once again if I really need it! I think something similar k told me about using red lipstick, but using eye shadows is better! Thanks again!
Glad I could be of some help.
I myself am in the same boat. I got what was supposed to be a dandelion blowing with color in it 2 days ago and I hated it soon as it was done. it is the ugliest thing ive ever seen. Noone even knows what its supposed to be. Its on my upper arm. I am more than likely going to get it lasered off. Hopefully starting the first treatment in about a month. I am never getting another tattoo again. I bought a bunch of makeup to try n cover it up when I wear tank tops this summer. I cried myself to sleep for 2 nights in a row now. Good luck with yours and let us know how it comes out and I will do the same!!!
Ahh yes, it sure is a struggle. I'm sure if this tattoo was done with-in my vision, I would love it. Sadly I've tried and I will never be able to force it upon myself. I will keep updating in the hope of helping others cope and see that they are not alone. Please post a picture of your tattoo and keep us updated also! Perhaps when it is done healing you will like it more :)
Hey there! And welcome to this nice community! Getting a tattoo is a big shock. Thats what I learnt recently. I also did my first tattoo and now I regret it and currently in a process of removing it. I would suggest to giving it a time and try to get used to it. You have a nice location :) do not see it at all! I can totally understand why you want it gone. I also thought I want it and I still like tattoos, but not on me. I just can accept it, but believe me, in time this all will become better and you will feel better. As far as I know, for tattoos with colors best laser is new Picosure. Check the reviews here as well! You are not alone and this all will be over! :) Stay positive!