Midi Tummy Tuck, with Muscle Repair and Lipo. - Rochester, MI

About 7 more days til I get my mini tummy tuck and...

About 7 more days til I get my mini tummy tuck and I'm super exited but super nervous too! I have 3 children, my first was born by c-section but my others were not. I am still very young and workout 5-6 days a week. My main concern is looking like I've had work done on my tummy, I honestly dislike the "Tummy Tuck" look which is why I wanted the mini-TT. I hope I do not offend anyone it's just my personal preference. I am also nervous that my scar will end up higher than I want, I see so many that are very high that their underwear and bathing suit bottoms hardly cover it. I have addressed these issues and plan to address them again. Anyone else share these feelings or similar ones? Also how painful was your Mini-TT (Skin Only)? How many days did your pain last? Also how long were you bloated for after and what kinds of pants were the most comfortable afterwards? Thanks

Before pic in 2 piece, can see the extra skin

Oh man, surgery is tomorrow morning!

I'm sooo nervous, cannot believe my surgery is tomorrow! I'm dreading the pain afterwards but very much looking forward to the results. Any last minute advice?

Day 2....

Had my surgery yesterday and I felt pretty good after I got home, I was shocked actually on how good I felt. Today....different story. OMG it hurts so bad in my abdominals that he stiched together. I am popping 1000 mg of vicodin and it only helps very slightly. I am praying tomorrow is better because I cannot handle another day like today or an even worse day. I cannot wait for the swelling to go down so I can see how it's all gonna look. Cross your fingers tomorrow is a good day for me. Thanks Everyone!

Almost 6 weeks post op!

I go see my PS for my check up on Monday. I love that I can wear leggings and not see a bulge sticking out from my previous c-section and insane pregnancy weight gain. Lol. I almost cried the first time I put some on after swelling had decreased. I look forward to seeing how much flatter my tummy will get but most importantly cannot wait to start weight training again to rid of the 15 lbs I gained LOL. Here is my most updated pic.

4 Months PO

Nothing feels better than being able to go full out at the gym and stepping into a store for the first time since my operation to try on swimsuits and not leaving hating my body! Feels amazing!
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Great bedside manner. Friendly and honest. I love how he is more conservative, like to give you a more natural appearance. I honestly do not have a single complaint, him and his staff have been terrific.

Hi there! Just checking to see if you've taken any updated pics? Are you happy with the results of your mini TT? I'm two days post op and hoping for great results! :)
I will post one! :)
I will upload one!! :)
Oh wow, looks awesome!!! Good for you, girl! Love the bikinis, which one did you choose? Abs look great...can't wait til I can work on mine! ;) Thank you for sharing!
Neither! hah I had so much fun trying them on I am gonna keep shopping around first. :) Hope you are doing well!
Lol. Thank you!
Hi how are you going ? It's been a while since you have posted , looking forwards to some pics , I'm at my Ps now waiting for my pre appointment before surgery 24 jan . Hope all is well with you
I'm feeling great! I have been feeling pretty back to normal since 2 weeks PO. I ended up pulling something in my upper right ab much like pulling a hamstring and it was pretty awful. I never once felt pain in my incision site just my abdomenals so I assume if I had just had a mini I would have been basically pain free. Pretty neat. Anyways I will post a pic of my current results, I am still a little swollen but my swelling is looking pretty good. Are you getting a mini?
Wow looking great , how is your scar looking ? Are you happy with it ? Yes I'm getting a mini , I will put some before pics up soon . Has the pain settled ? And when can you start light exercise or even upper body light weights ? I'm nervous about the pain plus how my mind will cope not exercising ??? Scary . Keep post comming I love the up dates :)
Well I went back to Zumba 2 weeks after my surgery but I had to basically half ass it. I was given the go ahead to return to lifting weights and full out Zumba at 6 weeks PO. I dunno if you are having your abdominals tightened or not but WOW are they sore when you go back to working them out!!
That's great you can exercise so soon , that's what I'm hoping will be my case . Unsure if there will be muscle repair as yet , having small hernia fixed also .Tried to get on my profile to upload before pics but forgot my pass word :( keep up the great work you look fab .
Hi Daniyelle did you do any light upper body weight s before 6 weeks ? And what about body weight squats and lunges are they ok ?
Looking forwards to seeing your results , they should be amazing as your tummy looks great in the before :)
Aww thanks :)
You're gonna have amazing results. Good luck!
Thank You!
Happy healing you are going to look great
Thank You!
Your pre surgery pictures look very comparable to mine. I had a mini abdomnoplasty done November 22 and I am now struggling with how high my incision is. I had the surgery to feel more comfortable in a bikini and am worried that I will now feel just as uncomfortable as a result of how high my scar will be. How are you feeling about your results now? Do you have any pictures?
I had them tightened with my first tummy tuck, thankfully the sutures were still together when I went in for this one. That makes a big difference in the pain factor. Coughing, sneezing, laughing, or almost anything will hurt horribly bad when the muscles are done, not so much without them. I've coughed a few times and the pain was bearable!
Did you have upper and lower muscles tightened?
I had my second tt 3 days after yours! I had my first one after I thought I had my last child..wrong! A month after my full tt and on birth control I got pregnant! So after a hysterectomy to make sure it wouldn't happen again I got a mini to with lipo....The lipo hurt way worse than the actual tt...my sides and back were sooooo bruised! I go back in 3 days to get my drain out but as of now I'm finally feeling good, just anxious for the swelling to go down so I can see my final results!! Super excited! But I can take up to 6 months for the whole area to heal completely and look it's best! Good luck with yours! I'm as excited as you:)
Hope you are feeling a bit better by today , I love all the feed back from people , I get my mini TT on the 24 th jan 2014 looking forwards it .
I am feeling better today. So anxious for the swelling to go away so I can see that all this pain was worth it. I am also anxious to get my drain out, hoping they will do so tomorrow.
Daniyella, Hope your surgery goes okay today. I understand your situation completely. I have had three children and lost all of my pregnancy weight and work out. Most people can't understand why I would want a tummy tuck. They say, "But your so skinny and your stomach if flat." But the loose skin won't go away with any amount of exercise and although my husband swears it doesn't matter to him I don't like the look of it. I am going through braces right now in preparation for upper and lower jaw surgery in June and will be off work for 3-4 weeks so I am considering having the tummy tuck at the same time if possible or within a week after so I can recover. How long did they tell you the recovery would be. I have a fairly physical job as a physical therapist. I can already tell you will look great after the surgery. Your abs are so much like mine, if the waistband is up things look perfect but it's just that bit of extra stretched out skin. Happy healing.