Midi Tummy Tuck, with Muscle Repair and Lipo. - Rochester, MI

About 7 more days til I get my mini tummy tuck and...

About 7 more days til I get my mini tummy tuck and I'm super exited but super nervous too! I have 3 children, my first was born by c-section but my others were not. I am still very young and workout 5-6 days a week. My main concern is looking like I've had work done on my tummy, I honestly dislike the "Tummy Tuck" look which is why I wanted the mini-TT. I hope I do not offend anyone it's just my personal preference. I am also nervous that my scar will end up higher than I want, I see so many that are very high that their underwear and bathing suit bottoms hardly cover it. I have addressed these issues and plan to address them again. Anyone else share these feelings or similar ones? Also how painful was your Mini-TT (Skin Only)? How many days did your pain last? Also how long were you bloated for after and what kinds of pants were the most comfortable afterwards? Thanks

Before pic in 2 piece, can see the extra skin

Oh man, surgery is tomorrow morning!

I'm sooo nervous, cannot believe my surgery is tomorrow! I'm dreading the pain afterwards but very much looking forward to the results. Any last minute advice?

Day 2....

Had my surgery yesterday and I felt pretty good after I got home, I was shocked actually on how good I felt. Today....different story. OMG it hurts so bad in my abdominals that he stiched together. I am popping 1000 mg of vicodin and it only helps very slightly. I am praying tomorrow is better because I cannot handle another day like today or an even worse day. I cannot wait for the swelling to go down so I can see how it's all gonna look. Cross your fingers tomorrow is a good day for me. Thanks Everyone!

Almost 6 weeks post op!

I go see my PS for my check up on Monday. I love that I can wear leggings and not see a bulge sticking out from my previous c-section and insane pregnancy weight gain. Lol. I almost cried the first time I put some on after swelling had decreased. I look forward to seeing how much flatter my tummy will get but most importantly cannot wait to start weight training again to rid of the 15 lbs I gained LOL. Here is my most updated pic.

4 Months PO

Nothing feels better than being able to go full out at the gym and stepping into a store for the first time since my operation to try on swimsuits and not leaving hating my body! Feels amazing!

6 months PO

Going in soon for my 6 month check up, they are gonna have to fix my little "dog ears" as well as my belly button position. Will update after that. Prepping for my first Bikini Competition in Sept 2014...very excited!
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Great bedside manner. Friendly and honest. I love how he is more conservative, like to give you a more natural appearance. I honestly do not have a single complaint, him and his staff have been terrific.

What do you do for ab work, reps ect??
Hello, I am scheduled for a mini TT and BA July 16. I am having my muscle repaired from top to bottom. Just wondering if u had all your muscle repaired or just bellow the belly button? Did the surgeon have to move your belly button? I'm kind of nervous for this. My stomach doesn't look too bad, I'm only getting this done to repair my separated muscles.
I did 450 HIgh Profile silicone, under the muscle, I was a A cup, now I'm a D and I love mine, have you tried a personal trainer to get your body in shape, I don't see any loose skin, I had loose skin but now with my muscle repair and mini tummy tuck, I have full cut abs, which I'm happy for, but I Also hired a trainer before considering a tummy tuck so I did my BA first, just a thought
I did, I have tried everything. It is so disappointing to me b/c I've only had 1 baby and I lost all the weight within a month after she was born. I worked out during my entire pregnancy as well. But the muscle will not close. It is the connective tissue that holds the recti muscles together that is permanently stretched. The muscles themselves are strong again. I orginally had a 4 finger width gap right after delivery and I was able to get it down to 2 fingers but it hasn't budged since February, so I know this is as good as it will get and I can't stand the way it looks and most of all feels:( I have a small umbilical hernia as well.
You look fit! Can you please post some pics of your scar, from the first mini tt, and now, presuming you 've already done the revision? Thanks.
Hi there! Just checking to see if you've taken any updated pics? Are you happy with the results of your mini TT? I'm two days post op and hoping for great results! :)
I will post one! :)
I will upload one!! :)
Oh wow, looks awesome!!! Good for you, girl! Love the bikinis, which one did you choose? Abs look great...can't wait til I can work on mine! ;) Thank you for sharing!
Neither! hah I had so much fun trying them on I am gonna keep shopping around first. :) Hope you are doing well!
Lol. Thank you!
Hi how are you going ? It's been a while since you have posted , looking forwards to some pics , I'm at my Ps now waiting for my pre appointment before surgery 24 jan . Hope all is well with you
I'm feeling great! I have been feeling pretty back to normal since 2 weeks PO. I ended up pulling something in my upper right ab much like pulling a hamstring and it was pretty awful. I never once felt pain in my incision site just my abdomenals so I assume if I had just had a mini I would have been basically pain free. Pretty neat. Anyways I will post a pic of my current results, I am still a little swollen but my swelling is looking pretty good. Are you getting a mini?
Wow looking great , how is your scar looking ? Are you happy with it ? Yes I'm getting a mini , I will put some before pics up soon . Has the pain settled ? And when can you start light exercise or even upper body light weights ? I'm nervous about the pain plus how my mind will cope not exercising ??? Scary . Keep post comming I love the up dates :)
Well I went back to Zumba 2 weeks after my surgery but I had to basically half ass it. I was given the go ahead to return to lifting weights and full out Zumba at 6 weeks PO. I dunno if you are having your abdominals tightened or not but WOW are they sore when you go back to working them out!!
That's great you can exercise so soon , that's what I'm hoping will be my case . Unsure if there will be muscle repair as yet , having small hernia fixed also .Tried to get on my profile to upload before pics but forgot my pass word :( keep up the great work you look fab .
Hi Daniyelle did you do any light upper body weight s before 6 weeks ? And what about body weight squats and lunges are they ok ?
Looking forwards to seeing your results , they should be amazing as your tummy looks great in the before :)
Aww thanks :)
You're gonna have amazing results. Good luck!
Thank You!
Happy healing you are going to look great
Thank You!
Your pre surgery pictures look very comparable to mine. I had a mini abdomnoplasty done November 22 and I am now struggling with how high my incision is. I had the surgery to feel more comfortable in a bikini and am worried that I will now feel just as uncomfortable as a result of how high my scar will be. How are you feeling about your results now? Do you have any pictures?
I had them tightened with my first tummy tuck, thankfully the sutures were still together when I went in for this one. That makes a big difference in the pain factor. Coughing, sneezing, laughing, or almost anything will hurt horribly bad when the muscles are done, not so much without them. I've coughed a few times and the pain was bearable!