Reduction complete, just waiting on this healing process...hoping my healing is normal!

I've thought about a reduction for many years but...

I've thought about a reduction for many years but the thought always frightened me. I have always felt defined by my chest the girl with the big boobs. I have always had a low self esteem and felt they were my only asset according to how others saw me. I have had headaches, back pain, shoulder pain since I was 15. I have finally decided that it's time, but I have fears that he'll take too much, that maybe I'll feel worse about myself and then parts of me think I'll feel better in every way. I just want to fit into normal tops, be able to buy a bra in the store, wear strapless if I choose.

The thing that drives me crazy is people will look at me and say you don't look big or like you need a reduction yet I'm in a 36fff? Maybe because they are so saggy, I'm 5'4 150lbs and still trying to lose 20 more lbs. I am going to be 33 in August and my chest sags like I'm 70, its crazy.

So I'm just wanting perky, normal breasts and I'm excited as well as scared to how it will turn out. Surgery is July 9.
This site is helping my anxiety.

Well I am 1 day post op, I was scared to take off...

Well I am 1 day post op, I was scared to take off my bandages today to take a shower. I wasn't sure how they turned out, so I was afraid to look. I think they look good, but part of me thinks that they are too small now? My husband assures me they are not. I know that they will keep changing until completely healed...but I was wondering if they are going to look even smaller and if you all think they look too small??? I guess for me it's really hard to get used to for now, I'm hoping that as time goes by I'll be used to them and perfectly happy. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to comment!!!

Day 2 post op, was a little more sore today and...

Day 2 post op, was a little more sore today and still no sleep. Decided to get out of the house, but found it was more tiring then I would have thought. I'm going to take it easy the rest of the night, I added a few additional photos.

Post op day 4, after taking an ambien last night I...

Post op day 4, after taking an ambien last night I was hopeful I'd get some much needed rest, started out on a wedge pillow to stay elevated on my bed and realized I was not getting tired or comfortable. I was however, physically exhausted. I came out and got in my recliner and fell asleep for a few hours, still hoping to sleep more. The pain is sometimes not bad and others I can just feel my breasts getting tight and hot and extremely uncomfortable. I'm trying to only take one of my pain pills when it gets really bad, if it's tolerable I go for just the ibuprofen. I still feel very dazed and dizzy when I get up and walk around. I removed the scopolamine patch yesterday and I kept wondering why my pupils were so dilated and read on another persons page it was from the patch. I hated the way it made me feel. I kind of feel zombie like, I just want to be able to get around like I used to...so hard to try to relax! I still feel like my new breasts are too small for me, but I'm hoping that will change over time. I'm so thankful for this site, it has helped me so much.

Well I'm 10 days post op, got my stitches out Tues...

Well I'm 10 days post op, got my stitches out Tues and since have had to change dressings once a day on my nipples. I have to say my nipples scare me right now, but my PS swears they look just as they should right now. He says they will eventually have a layer slough off as part of this healing process and that's why they look this way right now. I called about them being dark and they said it's normal, so any imput from you guys on my pics would be great. My nipples were completely removed and placed back on, so this is supposed to be the process. Would love to hear from anyone else who went through this. Thanks!

Roanoke Plastic Surgeon

Word of mouth reviews

You first few days sound exactly like mine. I had a BR with Fng on 4/1 and i and wondering about the nipple shedding process.
tkkd1507: I love your outcome - They are beautiful! They seem the perfect size from my perspective. We are pretty similar looking (although I'm 20lbs heavier) and its actually what I am aiming for - 34G now and hope to be a middle C (not scheduled yet). Yours look perfectly perportioned for your size and nice and perky - great cleavage. Hope you are doing well, enjoying the freedom and bra/clothes shopping, and would love to see/hear of your progess. Take care.
U probably wont have feeling because of the loss of the main blood supply
I am so glad to see someone with similar nipple healing as me! Mine look a little scary yet, as I'm only just over two weeks post-op. I'd be interested what your nipples look like now if you have any updated photos? Or if you could just let me know. My PS says this top layer of scabs will slough off and reveal nicer skin underneath.
That is what my doc is telling me. My aeroila and nipples were basicly a skin gragh. Mine were pretty scary looking at first but looking better
I also had a full nipple graft. I'm glad to hear yours are healing nicely. Gives me hope ;)
those pictures look great. I have been very upset that I might be too small. You look like you are already a full C.. I was a 42 HHH and hoped for a D. but I an upset that I look too small. The Dr. keeps saying I will be a full C .. but I keep telling him I paid for a D. I went to a nice Bra store store and the lady says she sees this all the time. She told me to come back in a month and thinks I will be a D. I had my surgery Aug 7.
I have had a couple of follow ups following my surgery to remove some stitches..i keep asking if i will be a D like i requested..they keep telling me i will look better as a C. I not even sure i will be a C..I PAID for this on my own for a D cup. Worried I not gonna end up for what I paid for!
I hope that your doctor has been in contact with you. I am sorry that you are feeling so upset after undergoing this procedure. I am not sure what the next step is for you, but I hope that you are able to find some type of resolution soon. Take care and Good Luck.
I am 3 weeks out from my breast reduction. I was a 42 HH and told the doctor I wanted to be a D cup. I am mortified! I am a small B cup. He took too much out. I don't know what to do. I look awful. This is the worst thing I have ever done. The doctor was voted the best in the town where I live and came highly recommended. Now he won't even return my calls.

I'm so sorry that you have had such a negative experience. Maybe if you don't get a return call by your 1 month mark, you should just drop by his office. Do you have a post-op appointment scheduled?
Thanks for your reply. After reading the problems many have said they encountered with their insurance company, I am so grateful that my insurance company OK'd the surgery without any problems. I so enjoy wearing tops and trying on clothes which I did earlier today. I am still putting the antibiotic cream on the scars and the redness is much better. Hope all is well with everyone.
Thank you for asking - I feel pretty good. Yesterday I had my first post opt appt. and the dr said I am where I should be. She removed a few stitches and it did sting I must say. I will definitely Tylenol up on 8/3 when they remove the rest of my stitches. I did have some redness around the stitches so she had the nurse put some antibiotic on the area. She gave me some cream to take home and said I need to put it on those areas twice a day. The area does feel much better now. My next appt with the Dr is 9/6. I asked her about going swimming and she said 4 weeks post surgery. I do miss the pool and the beach but that is a small price to pay for BR. I am just hearing about nerve pain from the blog, but not sure what it is. Take care.

Ella,

Do you still feel as if you are too small, or have you adjusted to your new size? Do you mind if I ask at what size you started and how much tissue you had removed?
I started out 36DD or 38DD depending on the bra. I always wore a minimizer bra which does absolutely nothing for your shape. I just felt more comfortable hiding them. I asked the dr just other day how tissue and she said 400 in one and 300 in the other. Do you know what the average removal amount is? For me they still feel quite small. I am not sure if that is because I am so used to having large droopy B's. Also, my B's are very firm which is something strange for me. With the bandages on I have worn a 36C bra and that feels somewhat comfortable. I am very pleased with them and feel I will get used to them as they heal and lose some of the redness. Thank you for asking.
Well I was in a 36FFF/G and I also was very droopy and surprised I was in the that bra size, but my PS only removed 287 gms from one breast and 273 gms from the other which was just 1.1lbs total he said. I was shocked, because it seems like most on here had several lbs per breast removed? Yesterday I felt they were small, right now I'm in a D but there's still swelling I'm sure. I'm actually considered big framed for 5'4", so maybe that's why they look small? I don't know, I find my mind changes daily about them =(

I don't know that there is an average amount removed. My PS removed just under 500gm from each breast, with a little more on one side. If insurance is covering the process they usually require a minimum amount, though it seems that each company is different and it is also based on each person's size, BMI, etc. I'm so glad you are adjusting to them. As they do soften and settle you will probably notice a sift in your perception of them as well. I thought mine looked smaller until they started to take shape.
Thank you for you blog. We had the surgery on the same date- 7/9. I did not find this site until after surgery so I am thrilled with the support and information. I also felt the breast size was smaller than I expected (especially with a large waist size). I am 5'2" and 135lbs. I was always top heavy with a size XS bottom. I think my surgeon did a great job, and I am thrilled to be rid of the heavy sagging boobs I carried around for many years. Take care and thank you all for sharing.
how are you feeling? I have just started getting nerve pain,so they told me to start massaging the scars and breasts for 15 mins each day. My nipples are still healing, but looking better each day. I hate taking it easy,I was glad to go back to work! Glad you found us!
Lookin good girl!! Trust your surgeon!! If he says it looks to be healing normally, then I'm sure it is! I'm sure it was just shocking to see them after being completely covered for days! Good job! :)
tkkd, just to clarify: did you have a Free Nipple Graft? That would make a big difference in how your nipples are healing.
yes I did, they seem to be peeling and looking a little healthier each day when they do. So I think the healing is going as normal?
True confessions: I don't know squat about FNG, but it sounds normal and it's what your PS said to expect, right? The breast health online website has a ton of information about BR, including FNG - you might check there for more on what to expect. Meanwhile, you look great!

Sorry I can't be of any help. My nipples were left attached and I didn't have any sloughing off like your PS has mentioned. If you don't get much answer here, try posting a question in the forum section.
I feel like I'm having more swelling and pain from my incision areas now that they are more healed? I know I don't have an infection, but I thought I'd feel less sore than more by now? Would it be better if I went without the surgical bra when I'm around the house?