Considering Fraxel For My Acne Scars - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

I've been having acne for +10 years and...

I've been having acne for +10 years and refused "Roaccutane" treatment (because of its possible side effects)and I don't remember taking any kind of treatment(except for promising facial cleansers) and found Neutrogena (old product) to be the best but maybe not a complete solution. I'm now 28 years old and Thanks to Allah that I rarely get acne for the last 12 - 18 months. I'm left now with many acne scars on my face which I'm considering treating them with Fraxel Laser. I took an appointment with very famous Dr. Hiba Injibar to find out what could be done to my acne scars.

Actually my 1st appointment to discuss treatment is today @ 8:30 p.m. :)

Thanks for starting your review so early! When is your appointment to get the Fraxel done?

31/1/2012 I described my situation to Dr....

31/1/2012

I described my situation to Dr. Injibar and she was very honest and professional. Here are some of the outcomes:

- 100% treatment of my acne scars is not possible

- Acne scars can be improved by 50%, 60%, 30%... it depends

- In my situation, acne scars are not deep in general so results can be better

- Deep acne scars can be first raised toward the surface using some simple procedure before starting Fraxel treatment so they can be better improved

- Possibly there will be four (4) Fraxel Treatment Sessions

Yeah I made my decision immediately without even thinking for a second.. the decision was YES! Her honesty made me feel comfortable for some reason and any percentage of improvement should make the situation better than the current one.. so why not to give it a try..

Took an appointment for raising deep acne scars (mentioned above) next Sunday.. and first Fraxel treatment session the Sunday after.. I even wanted to start this week :)

Well it sounds like she set some pretty reasonable expectations. It's always a bit of a relief when you aren't told "It's a miracle treatment - one procedure & everything will be wonderful!".

So have you decided if you want to try it or not, or are you still thinking on it?

Exciting! Let us know how it goes & what they say. :)

5/2/2012 I had a simple operation which...

5/2/2012

I had a simple operation which should be performed before starting the Fraxel laser treatment. The purpose of the operation is to elevate deep acne scars so that they match roughly the surrounding skin, in order for those scars to be better improved using Fraxel laser. Some information about the operation:

- My cheeks were anesthetized first using a needle

- Operation was performed using a special needle used to cut tissues underneath deep acne scar

- Operation took maybe less than 20 minutes (I didn't have many deep acne scars)

- Operation wasn't very painful

After operation:

- There was little temporary bleeding

- Almost no pain in my cheeks

- Little swelling on my cheeks and blue spots should be expected

Oh i think what you did on Feb 6th is called subcision. Thanks for the details, I hope you will see nice results!
Thank you so much for your kind wish :)
Hello Ziyad
Thanks so much for your reply. My treatment plan is 3 sessions on a mthly basis. I underwent my first treatment yesterday. They first put numbing cream for about an hour. Once my face was completely numb, the treatment started, a little uncomfortable but not too bad. After the treatment, I was put cold compressors and sunscreen. I was also prescribed Solodyn to take for a few days because people do experience breakouts after the procedure so this was to prevent this from happening. My face felt like a really bad sunburn but the pain subsided after a few hours. Its Day 1, my face is red and slightly swollen. I will continue to keep u guys updated.

12/2/2012 I had my FIRST TREATMENT SESSION....

12/2/2012

I had my FIRST TREATMENT SESSION. Here are some information about it:

- I had numbing cream on my cheeks for like 1 hour before starting laser treatment

- It was FRAXEL RE:STORE DUAL

- I believe I had 3 passes on each side

- It wasn't very painful

- Total time was like 10 minutes

After operation:

- I feel burn in my cheeks but not very painful

- I have noticed that pores on my cheeks got little bit enlarged

- I have to put sunscreen on my cheeks every like 5 hours

- I have also to put moisturizing cream (Castalia) on my cheeks 3 times a day

- Swelling, red color, and skin peeling should be expected in the coming days

- I don't want to sound over-excited but I think I have already noticed some improvement in my cheeks :)

When are you going to have the second treatment?? From your pictures, I see some improvement, I hope that's not due to swelling. Good luck! :)
Thanks :) I'm being prepared right now for the 2nd session

salaam,,,,guys,,hw r u all???tell me that this treatment is really helpful for scars or not???i wanna take these sessions n from where i can get treatment???n what it costs???plzz inform mee...

4/3/2012 I had my SECOND TREATMENT SESSION....

4/3/2012

I had my SECOND TREATMENT SESSION. Details are similar to the First Treatment Session, except for the following:

- I had many more passes on each side

- It was more painful

Hi Zaub! What is the name of the clinic? and how much is the cost of fraxel per session in riyals? Looking forward for your reply.

How much is the cost of fraxel per session in SR? Thanks

Hi Mr Zaub,,, may i know how much does it cost every session for the treatment in Saudi Riyal. thnz
Dr. Hiba Injibar