Vaser Pain Johannesburg - Rivonia, Johannesburg

I had vaser done on my upper and lower abs, flanks...

I had vaser done on my upper and lower abs, flanks and back. I wonder if I had known this is the kind of pain I would experience whether I would've still gone ahead with it. It has been 5 days and to all the advertising about how you can be back at work within 3 days are all lies. If I had the energy I would report all those ads for false advertising. I am swollen, sore and extremely uncomfortable. I have had 2 c-sections and both of them combined were easier to heal from this. What kills me even more is that there is still such a long road to go before I am completely healed. I have been going for daily lymphatic massages and to say they are sore would be a severe understatement. I am generally a very strong willed person but I am losing my tolerance for this and regret is starting to creep in. My stomach looks flat albeit swollen and I know deep down inside that it would've taken many months of not eating like a normal person and exercising like a freak to achieve this but I am truly wondering if a flat stomach is worth all that I am going through. I had my procedure done at Silhouette clinic in Rivonia and they have been really great but this is just so much harder to get through than I expected. I wish everyone would stop calling this process 'minimally invasive' and easy to recover from because right now it is anything but that for me.

10 days post vaser lipo - this not worth it!!

Its been 10 days of discomfort, pain, tingling, needle sensations and this damn compression garment. I just want my life back. I live on ibuprofen every few hours or else the pain just becomes unbearable. As for nights, I now sleep with the aid of pills every night (something I have never ever done) I am actually just about ready to throw in the towel on this whole damn thing. I have a good mind to throw away the garment, stop going for the massages and endermologie and allowing these drains to close up then allowing my body to just heal without further forcing it more discomfort with these damn sponges and compression garments. I am so over this and am now more convinced than ever that it was not worth it. Minimally invasive? My backside!!! There is nothing minimally invasive about vaser lipo. If it was minimally invasive it would need anaesthesia and 4 month recovery time. I will never do this again - at this point I don't give rocks about the result - flat or not, I am beyond caring. I just desperately want to feel like normal again.

Vaser update

I am now 4 weeks post op and its nice to be seeing results. The pain is a lot less. I am still wearing the stuffy garment that I had initially wanted to throw away, as it turns out it is my saving grace. I must state this upfront, before anyone gets me wrong, Dr Singh was great (as shown in my ratings below), the clinic and its staff at Silhouette were awesome and very supportive but at the end of it all this is surgery! It might be called a procedure or whatever other mild word but it is still surgery. Surgery is hard on the body and I suppose our pain tolerances are not the same and mine is seemingly low. My stomach is starting to look nice but I still maintain I would not do this again. I still think it was difficult to heal from, there was a lot of pain and discomfort. I am told my stomach will get even flatter still, which is great and like I said before, I am clear in my mind that it would've taken a helluva an effort to achieve these results without the surgery but it was hard. Everyone is free to make up their own mind but just ensure when you go into this you should be psychologically ready and be clear on why you are doing it cos that will help you when you are in pain and angry. You will need to keep reminding yourself why you did this and therefore why you are in pain.
Dr H Singh

The clinic and everything is fine but the procedure itself is just not as easy on the body as most of the media make it out to be

Hi ladies, tomorrow I will be going for a consult at the Rivonia Silhouette clinic, I won't lie and say that I'm not having second thoughts about any relating procedure but one question I do need answered especially from those that experienced unbareable pain, who is looking after you? Because I live alone in Midrand and work in Illovo where the job is a stagnant one ... How long have you been moving in slow motion for? Do I need a driver? A caretaker? My mother? a friend? Relating to pain threshold I believe I have a high tolerance to the point where child birth and 2nd degree tear was like a uncomfortable period pain where you are still able to get on with the rest of the day. I'm anxious and yet I was excited before I came across this. I want a turtle tummy and a Brazilian butt, like the way it used to be before I acquired the title of "mummy", I just turned 30. And how do they go about determining a price? A thumb suck? Per liter? Also is the fee inclusive of hospital stay, lympho drainage, the "noo noo blanket" (I love the term).
How did it go?
I'm going back for round 2 of question-firing. Session 1 gave rise to more math-health-related questions which sparked a vortex of disbelief in what I was reading. However, I'm scared of the down-time issue and work n mobility n garments getting on n coming off n living on u for so long and the fact that I now might have to rely on FRIRNDS to get me through this Cz my family is miles away from me and are scattered. I felt guilty on what I am looking to spend over my daughter's education. I'm torn really. I know that didn't give you much insight as to what transpired but It's 5am and am going back to bed, I'm totally "poofed-out" as my kiddiwinks says when she is exhausted...night night Will give it another explanatory-bash later; thanks for asking. I had just crawled back into bed when ur message came in.
Prior to my procedures, I contacted Dr. Singh but unfortunately I found her very, much more expensive than Australia. I liked the detailed quotation Dr. H Claassens gave, Anaesthetic fee, Clinic fee and each area from head to toe.
I am so sorry to hear ...... I wish you had gone to Dr. Henry Claassens in Pretoria, he did 2 procedures on me and I am very happy. I think the problem in South Africa is, Drs buy these machines to make money, not really knowing how to use them Dr Henry Claassens is the only Dr who specialise in DH Vaser Sculpting.
Hi there, I did go to Dr H Claasen, and it took time but I am now happy with my results. I still have some minor bumps and sore spots but I look a million times better!
Unless Dr Claasens knows of a way to do lipo without the anaesthesia and its side effects (nausea etc.) and he can speed up the healing process - so no damn stuffy medical garment for weeks on end, no itchiness, no swelling, no skin discolouration, no holes from which fluid drips for a long time and above all no pain, I will be the first to do this again. But since I know now that the above wishlist is impossible, I am clear in my mind that I would rather slit my wrists with a blunt rusty spoon than do this again. It was not worth it and even though my stomach looks a lot smaller than it used to be and the pain is a lot less, I still feel the same.
This is incorrect. Dr Hema Singh was the first person qualified in SA to do 4DSculpt /High Definition Vaser Lipo. In fact Dr Singh was the pioneer of Vaser to SA. I have had two procedures done by Dr Singh and I would not hesitate to go back for more. She is a true professional and an artist to boot. I had the same procedure done - the same as Power03 - in fact I had more areas done in one treatment and I had very little discomfort. Dr Singh knew where to take fat and where to leave fat so as to create curves where a woman should have them. The compression garment was a Godsend - I couldn't go without it and in fact wore it until the end of my second procedure - a full body suit. I am now 15 weeks post op and look amazing. Worth every cent performed by the most professional team out there - without a doubt.
Hi there Power03. As mentioned I have been back to Dr Singh at the Silhouette Clinic twice. And each time I have been there, there are patients who are coming back for second and third treatments - no further explanation needed really. When I had my initial consult with Dr Singh she was exceptionally thorough - as were her staff. They were absolutely and totally clear as to what to expect...and in fact I remember Dr Singh going through the discomfort factor at length during the consultation. All patients have different pain tolerances and thresholds and would perceive pain and discomfort differently. If one thinks about it the body has to react if it has been inflicted with " work done " and it reacts with swelling and inflammation and it would not be normal if this didn't occur. In fact a proper job would not have been done if these symptoms did not occur. I can say I am totally happy and have referred countless people to Dr Singh. I wouldn't go anywhere else and wouldn't hesitate to do it all again. I hope you feel better soon as my experience was definitely worth the slight discomfort and inconvenience of the compression garment. I look and feel like a million dollars!
Also don't chuck your compression garment, it's even more painfull without it and everything would have been for nothing!!!
I agree Karen - my garment was like my noo noo blanket - I couldn't sleep without it!
Hi there, I am exactly 1 month post today, I feel like your pain, I can tell you though that I am defnitly slowly feeling better. Please take note that my doctor said NOT to get endemology as it will lengthen the recovery process as the layers of skin needs to get together and heal and endemology is bad for that, the suction pulls it loose again. I only started feeling better round the 3 week mark. It does get a little easier and less painfull every day. My problem is that I've been in eating mode since my lipo as I am frustrated with the pain, swelling and the fact that I cannot excercise and that is scary!!! Good luck, ps take your pain meds and anti-inflamatries, voltaren or Cataflam, it helps a littlebit.
I agree, It is just not worth the numb areas, the itching,the burning sensation, lumps, bumps and more. It is a very painful procedure and I am 4 weeks Post Vaser. The little change I see just aint worth all the pain and money spent.
The burning sensation is due to not enough lymph drainage - lymph drainage by the proper therapist is paramount. Numbness can last up to six months - this is widely advertised on any authoritative Vaser site. Don't give up girls - go for lymph drainage, make sure those wounds are properly drained and you will be happy with your results. Itching is the body healing. I saw change the day after my op. I am really thrilled at my results.
just to put your mind at ease, every patient does react differently, but I must say that most of my patients tend to tolerate the discomfort very well with some mild painkillers. The massage should not be painful at all. If it is then its not being done correctly and it cant be MLD. Speedy recovery, Dr Wolf
Thanks. Maybe I'm just a tough candidate who does not tolerate pain well but my biggest struggle is with the consistency of the pain and discomfort, it just does not stop. I have no choice but to hang in there, I did this to myself.
I agree with Dr Wolf - all patients react differently and all have varying pain thresholds. Adhere to all post operative instructions and you should be fine. Of course any procedure such as this is likely to produce some form of discomfort - no pain no gain as they say.
I have to agree with you, the pain was way worse then I ever expected! I am 24 days post op from vaser Lipo on my upper, lower abs, flanks & inner thighs. I'm still moving slow & lower abs are very swollen by nightfall. Dr. hasn't let me get massages yet, I go the 19th. Kinda glad because I think the massages would kill! I stopped taking pain meds week 2 & switched to ibuprofen, just for piece of mind. I must say after about day 17 the pain is more manageable, even though still there. I stopped ibuprofen & use ice packs at night. Still have bruising in my lower back??? Guessing that's due to the Lipo on my flanks. Just wanted you to know you weren't alone, Hang in there!
Hi Holidaymom, nights are the worst for me too. I guess it kinda helps that I am not alone and I hope you get well soon too. All I know is that I will never out of choice put my body through this again. Flat stomach or not, its just not worth it.
I was told Vaser on thighs - inner and out was painful and a lot of swelling would occur. Doc and her team informed me of this - I was pre warned and so I knew what to expect. As long as you keep up with lymph drainage and make sure the compression garment is tight you will heal well. I had to have three different sizes in compression garments - this is how much I decreased in size. The garments are there for a reason - to assist in the moulding and healing. Not to wear one is madness.