Went from AA cup to C - and love it!

I am very thin. I have always been, it's genetic....

I am very thin. I have always been, it's genetic. My mother and father are both very thin. I never really grew beyond around 14 years old, although I really wished that I would. I am 5'8" and have weighed 100 ever since then. I was in an A cup at the time. As a young lady I was always very self conscious. Every girl around me had curves and I still looked like a 12-year-old! As I got older, I became more confident and comfortable with my body.
When I was 24, I had my daughter and my boobs lost their perkiness. After giving birth to my son last year, they lost some volume as well. So now I am currently wearing AA cup bras (which I didn't even know existed until I needed them, lol), that I don't even fill up.
I don't feel like my husband finds me attractive anymore, which is a big part of wanting a BA. But also, I don't even fit into any of my old clothes anymore. A lot of tops and dresses are baggy in the boob area. It kind of makes me feel like less of a woman (sounds weird). I suppose because women are supposed to have boobs. My husband's family works for the Renaissance Faire and I feel bad when we go because all the women have their boobs hanging everywhere and I have nothing.
I finally decided to start looking into it, and this site was one of the first ones I found - and I am SO GLAD. Because of this site, I found the courage to talk to my husband about it. I wasn't sure how he'd react, but he supports me. I have my first consultation scheduled for August 6th. I had one scheduled earlier in July, but couldn't get a babysitter :( I will try to stay updated as I go to be able to share this with others in the same boat as I am. I know it has been great help for me.

I may have to wait longer than originally anticipated :(

So, my husband informed me that he could possibly get "laid off" from his job. He works for the military. We will have to wait until October to know for sure. If he does get fired, I am so sad that I definitely WILL NOT get a BA (boo hoo). But if he does not get fired I am good to go. It just sucks having to wait that long just to know for sure. I think I will keep myself slightly distant from this website due to the fact that I am so envious of all you ladies getting your boobies, lol. I want to be able to start some sort of private savings fund just for boobies, but I wouldn't even know where to begin to get the money for it. Anyway, that's all for now.

First consultation down...

I went to my first consultation yesterday, along with the hubs. It was everything I expected - nice staff, great doctor, and a reasonable quote. I got to try on sizers, and just as I suspected, I am leaning toward 350cc moderate profile silicone. I don't want HUGE. I just want boobs. Oh, and the Dr. brought something to my attention that I did not even know - my boobs are slightly asymmetrical! Lol. Once she pointed it out to me, I was like, "oh, yea!" Anywho, she was GREAT. I don't really imagine myself having a male Dr. I am just not very comfortable. Especially if they are going to be totally feeling me up like this Dr. did. If anyone is reading this, I'd like to hear your experience with male Dr.'s as far as did you feel comfortable with them? Did they have females around at all times? My next consultation is on September 3rd.

Possibly moving out of state... what would you all do in this situation?

So, my husband may be getting a new job in Ohio (of all places). He is pretty sure that he will get it. Anyhow, if he does, it would start on October first. My question is this: should I get my surgery done BEFORE we move... or AFTER? I've had one consultation and another coming up on the 3rd. My concern is that once we move, things will be so hectic that I wouldn't even have time to see a Dr. until months after moving (I was hoping to have a surgery scheduled by November). Also, we would be moving to a small town where plastic surgery Dr.s are not as close as they are now. What would you do in this situation? Thank you in advance for any input.

Had another consultation today

So, even though I am pretty sure I'm going to wait until after our move for surgery, I still went to my consultation today. Part of me is hoping that my husband's new job doesn't start until about December so that I'll have the time to get surgery pre-move. This consultation was pretty much the same, but I liked the way they did their sizers. They were shaped in a way to actually mimic the implant. With my first consultation, they were just basically implants, so I don't think you can get an accurate image of what the results would be. I liked these ones much better. I also think I would still prefer a female doctor. I'm just more comfortable with a woman.

So, we are still waiting for the phone call to find out when this new job of his will start so that we can start planning. I am so hoping for a later date. Of course our move is priority number ONE, but the waiting and anticipation for new boobs is too much.

Ain't this the truth??? LOL

Pics

I decided to finally upload some pics.

Just a quick update

So, my husband is definitely taking the job in Ohio. It starts November 18th. I was originally just going to wait, but now I am trying to think of ways to just get it done BEFORE we go. That way no one out there would even know! LOL

The soonest that I can get in for surgery would be October 3rd. I am fine with that. I spoke to the lady at the Dr.s office, which told me I should be good to go by November. I asked my hubby what he thinks and he wants to go over all our moving expenses, budget for the move etc. before we make a decision. So, now I am waiting until tomorrow since he works nights and I won't see him until then. Oh, the waiting.......

I set a date!!

I set my surgery date today! October 3rd is the day. I'm so excited! My pre-op appointment is September 17. I decided to go ahead and do it because that way no one out in Ohio will ever know.

My husband's new job starts November 3. We decided that he can go out alone ahead of time if need be.

I'm so so excited that this is really happening!

Pre-op is tomorrow!

So, I go in for pre-op tomorrow. I can't believe that this is happening so quickly. I went shopping today and bought a couple of bras that I feel are the right size that I want. I am going to bring them with me tomorrow to get a more accurate feel of how many cc's I want. My biggest worry is ending up too big! The bra that I chose is 34C. Whichever sizer fits best in it, is the one I'm going with, lol.

I have yet to tell any of my family. I just know that when I do, they're going to be all like, "OMG!!" and "What are you thinking?" and things like that. They will judge me in a negative way and I just don't want to deal with that. I will tell them eventually.The only person that knows besides my husband is a friend of mine that lives in Massachusetts. I knew he wouldn't judge.

I have read on here some of your reviews and what to have on hand ahead of time, but I'd like some ideas from you all. I know I'll need comfy bras, button-up shirts, what else? I'll ask the doc tomorrow, but I also want your opinions. Thanks.

I still can't believe this is really happening.

Pre-op was today!

So I went in for my pre-op today. I decided on 350 cc HP silicone submuscular with inframammary incision. I was originally going to go with moderate plus, but the Dr. Explained that since I am so thin with very little existing boobage, HP would look most natural. I got a discount because I signed up for seminar that my PS is holding tomorrow. (Woohoo!)

Well, in just a couple more weeks, I too, will be in boobie land! Can't wait!

A few clothing items I can't wait to fill out

I finally decided to tell someone... not the reaction I expected!

For a while I didn't really want to tell ANYONE about the surgery. I just don't want people to judge me in that way. Anyhow, I decided to tell my closest sister (I have four) and she said something I NEVER expected: "Which doctor did you use? I have been looking into getting one as well." WHAT?? I had no clue. Anyway, I suppose she felt the same way that I did and that's why she hadn't told me either. I am glad now that someone knows beside my husband and I.

It is now only 10 days away! T E N days!! YIKES. I am so excited. I have yet to get my prescriptions filled, though. I also have a few other things to get in order before surgery. I really hope the stress doesn't get to me. Any tips on managing that from anyone? TIA.

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

So the countdown begins... I have exactly one week from Today until my surgery. I can already tell that this will be the longest week of my life! I got my prescriptions filled today. I still can't believe that I am really doing this. What else do I need before surgery?

Tomorrow is the big day!

I feel like I should be doing more to get prepared, but I'm not sure what. I have my meds, a couple extra sports bras, my husband will be here helping me... I just don't know if I need anything else. I have spent today getting the house all clean. I even have a few frozen meals, although my husband does cook. I just want it to be easier on him since he will be taking care of the kids as well.

I really wish we had family who could just take the kids for a couple days, it would make it so much easier. I'm afraid it will be emotionally trying on me if my kids want me to hold them and stuff and I can't.

I'm so excited!

I have boobs!!

I'm feeling good, no nausea. I have quite a bit of pressure. I took a couple of muscle relaxers and half a percocet so far.

I'll go ahead and give the breakdown. I arrived at the surgery center At about 8 and filled out some paperwork. At around 9, they took me to the back. I changed into a gown, some pressure stockings and slipper socks and they put my stuff into a locker. I met with my anesthesiologist, and the nurse. They started an IV right away. They set me up with a DVT machine which helps to prevent blood clots. They also covered me in a think called Bair Hugger, which blows warm air over Your body during surgery. They set me up with an antibiotic through the IV and then took me to the OR. The lady thing I remember was when he put in the anesthesia, it wasa little painful in My hand. I woke up and BAM! I was in boobie land. I didn't have the sore throat that they said I would have. I have a little pressure and a little pain. My husband is being Amazing taking care of me. They said no solid food for the first 8 hours, so I ate chicken noodle.

I forgot to mention I put on an anti-nausea patch that was prescribed by my PS about 4 hours before surgery. I'm not sure that it works since I am not one who gets nauseated easily.

I did get up once to use the bathroom and that was more painful. I also went up the stairs to my room when I got home. Even though the nurse advised against it. But I did fine and It wasn't painful.

My kids are Having a rough time with me not being able to hold them and such. But my husband is doing a great job.

I may or may not post pics anytime soon. I am not in the mood, maybe a few days.

One week post op

I finally got back into the swing of things yesterday (day 6 PO). The first week of my recovery went as follows:
Day of surgery is slightly hazy, as I was on pain meds. Day One and two PO were about the same. Lots of meds, a bit of a blur. I never had any nausea, but left the anti nausea patch on until the day after surgery, just in case. I slept in my bed with lots of pillows, propped up. It was uncomfortable for my neck and back. Getting up was the roughest part. My PS did prescribe Ambien, but I took melatonin instead. Day 3 I felt quite a bit better and ended up only taking one muscle relaxer the whole day. I still had slight pain, but it wasn't unbearable. Day 4, 5 and 6 have been much easier and I gained full range of motion in my arms day 6.

Now I'm just waiting for them to drop and fluff. I am not a fan of the way they look right now, high and tight. I will post a pic soon.

Pic and some info

One thing I forgot to mention is that the pain and tightness in the early days of healing felt very similar to when I gave birth to my son and was engorged afterward. Anyone who has had children may know what I'm talking about.
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

The first time I went into Dr. Bennett's office, the staff was so nice! When I met with Dr. Bennett, she was amazing. She's very friendly and courteous. She made me feel very comfortable and gave me alot of info.

Yay for YOU! Congrats. One of the benefits of having the BA (for really thin people) is looking more normal weight. I hope your end result is everything you were looking for!!!!!! Blessings.
Thank you. Yes, I feel like I finally look the way that I should.
You look good so far, how exciting! Hoping you are feeling pretty good by now.
Thank you! Yes, I feel great. Just alot of tenderness at the incisions.
Did you end up with 350s?
Yes. 350 HP silicone. So far, they are the perfect size for me.
Please be careful about going up and down the stairs...it would be best to wait a few days. The reason isn't because it might hurt. It's because you will raise your pulse and blood pressure and could cause your internal incisions to bleed. Where they made your pockets for your implants. The blood courses through your blood vessels with lots more pressure when you exert yourself, and can break through weak areas that have just been sutured shut. This can cause bruising or hematomas in your new breasts - something you don't want. It is much safer after a few days of healing, when the tissues have all had time to stick together with newly formed collegen and have healed in other ways. Please be careful, and listen to your doctor and nurses. They have good reasons for the instructions they give. Best of luck to you!
So happy for you!!! Yay, congrats on today. Sounds like you had a Bair hugger blowing warm air on your bare bear breasts? Try understanding that one on percocets, lol. Your sweetie sounds amazing. Rest up, we'll all be here when you feel better. You're a rockstar. Sillie hugz!

Good luck today! Can't wait to see you in your old clothing with your new look! Hope all goes well with your husband and the kiddos...how old are your children?

Thank you. My kids are 1 and 3.

Oh, they're little! Be sure to have a pillow in front of you when they enter your bedroom to remind them not to launch onto mama. Best of luck to your husband...I'm sure he's doing a great job!

Good tip, I will remember that, thanks Beth!
Good luck tomorrow ! Happy healing...keep us updated, please.
Goodluck!! :)
Thanks.
Good luck tomorrow! This way to boobieland!
Ps:high profile is a great choice for petite frames!
The pain isn't too bad, especially since you've had kids. I took a muscle relaxer right when I woke up, and half a pain killer. I don't know if every one does this but I think it helped get a jump start on thepain. just keep on top of the meds and you'll be fine!
thinking of you!!!!
Its the slowest/fastest week!! The pain sucks but soo..worth it!!
I got 350 hps also..i too wanted mod plus...but im too little!! Im so happy with mine..the pain sucks but worth it!!
Sooooo excited for you! More updated please, don't forget us. ;-)
One week!!!!!
This is going to be the longest week of my life! LOL. I'm so excited! How are you feeling? Nervous? Excited? Scared?