Breast Implant Removal August 2011 - Ridgewood, NY

Before my augumentation surgery I was a 34B and...

Before my augumentation surgery I was a 34B and after implanting with saline proxys in 2006 I was enhanced to a full 36C... Although, I did have many pros with my implants the cons definitely did a number on me.

Symptons ranged from chronic back pains, to joint pain, causing depression and being self conscious about appearance, and more. I recall the moment I had the surgery I wanted them out. My doctor at the time persuaded me in giving it some time... I gave the implants 6 years and I couldn't take it anymore.

Last year I decided that I was going to explant, a doctor friend of mine referred me to one of his colleagues and my explant date was set. I was beyond excited and have been thrilled with my decision ever since.

Bala K. Ravi, M.D.

I rate my doctor worth it because he did a fantastic job not just in the procedure alone, but also in giving me all my options and most of all being accepting and understanding of my final decision.

Yes, you look fantastic now. Great decision. I'm getting mine out in one week.
were your implants beneath or above the muscle? I am in NY and looking for a doctor to have my saline, above the muscle 400cc removed.
Did you have a capsulectomy? yes I did. the breast hurts from inside. but only if you touch it. so you feel that it is injured from inside.
but it is all not really very painful, specially in comparision with puting the implants!
I was 2 days mostly in my bed, and than I was able to move normally. I just didn't pull heavy things for 2 weeks.
Did you have a capsulectomy?
He removed past of the capsule on the left side and left the capsule on the right side in. Have you had your explant surgery yet?
HI. YOu look wonderful, congratulations. I have mine out Wed. May I ask if yours were above the muscle, or under? And if you had any scar tissue removal? Capsulectomy? How was the recovery? Thank you for sharing - this site is very helpful.
Hi there. I had mine out on Wed, 29 Feb. Partial capsulectomy was done on the left side because the posterior part of the capsule was stuck to my ribs. the right side capsule was left in. I had drains for three days and drained about 450 mls of blood/fluid. I feel very relieved that it's over and that I have chosen not to replace them. The pain is not as bad as I thought it would be. Good luck and thinking of you. Caro
Hi Caro,

Sorry to hear that the posterior part of the capsule was stuck to your ribs; what does the doctor say about that? I am almost 90% positive that mine are stuck to the ribs (on the left side) because I have rib pain when breathing.

Good luck, I hope you continue to recover nicely.
Thank you!
The doc didn't seem too concerned about the part of the capsule left behind and stuck on my ribs. He did a good clean out and said that in time it would be absorbed by the body like the capsule on the right.
u look great! congratulation!
you look beautiful!!!!
goodness - you look so much better, natural and gorgeous - i have booked to have mine removed to next week and looking at your pictures has made me feel so sure I have made the right decision, thank you for sharing xx
Hi Henata. You look lovely! Congratulations on making such a wise choice and going natural.
Hi henata,

Congrats on your decision. Wow..I think u look so good without implants... Very natural.
If you don't mind sharing then what size implants did you have and what size are you now after the explant?
Thank-you.. The implants were 375CC and I am now 34B.