Stay Away- Dangerous Stuff! - Ridgewood, NJ

Dysport put me in the ER twice. Had a horrible...

Dysport put me in the ER twice. Had a horrible reaction to it--extreme vertigo and inability to walk for 5 days due to lack of balance, nausea, weakness, severe headaches for weeks, earaches, squeezing in throat, blurry vision, flu like illness, numbness in one leg and severe low back pain. I will never touch the stuff again. I hear that it is more dangerous than Botox and there are more side effects.
Oh, it did a great job with my forehead wrinkles, but at this point I'd rather have my health. Cost me a fortune in medical bills and missed work.

PS= Plastic Surgeon. I have no allergy to dairy. I was injected with force--it hurt and usually I don't feel the injections. I did have an auto immune condition called Graves which is resolved.
I think the commonality is having an auto immune illness. I've several on here and so far it seems like that's it. I was diagnosed years ago but haven't had anything in years. As soon as I had the Dysport symptoms I thought 'this seems a million times worse than chronic fatigue/epstein barr. My guess is it triggers some kind of antibodies in immune suppressed individuals.
Perhaos but I wouldn't rule out the consumption of GMO's which are rampant in our diets--and why we have such a high incidence of auto immune illness and other spkies in disorders like autism since the mid 90's. Most of the population has had some sort of auto immune problem! I believe we should also look into how the dysport was injected. How much force was used and how deeply it was injected.
I have a 100% organic, non-GMO diet. I do not consume processed foods so that isn't it. I am in agreement that the american diet is responsible for many other ailments plaguing our nations, but this is not one of those.
Good for you! I am trying to be 100% GMO free---what a challenge. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better. Did you have the dizziness I experienced? I'm still having lack of sensation in one leg. Maybe there is an auto-immune connection, as you say. I'm not suffereing from any auto immune ailments now and my PS really jabbed me with the needle which is why I think it was how I was injected. No way to tell for sure I guess.
I didn't have dizziness perse, I had incapacitating weakness, couldn't even walk down a block. I had the most severe headaches of my life on the top of my head like I could feel it inside my brain. I could barely speak, my toungue turned gray, I couldn't keep my eyes open and they were, and still are, glassy and watery, I had panic attacks, chest pains and depression. I did nothing for about a month and still not back to normal.
Dizzines to the point of not being able to walk for 5 days was my worse symptom. I had that same horrible weakness and insane contant headaches as you describe, eyes felt irritated for a few days too. Sorr y to hear off how much and how long you're going through this! Any improvement? What sort of doctor injected you? What did they do about your problem?
This stuff is scary. Yes not being able to walk is serious. Plus I would love to know what peoples doctor bills were/are. Mine are enormous. I am really thinking of pursuing a suit. I don't like to go down that route but the more I hear , I now believe they really know these stories and don't care. Too many of them. 80 people hospitalized in the short time its been in the states. A derm injected me.
I contacted the manufacturer- their name is Medicis and gave them a detailed history of my symptoms. I did the same with the FDA in hopes that if enough people complain they'll take it off of the market. Where did you hear of the 80 hospitalizations?
Great idea I will do the same. I just assumed I would get some pr person reading from a script. Better to spread the words from a grass roots way.
I believe you and I KNOW It was from Dysport because I had very similar symptoms right after. Felt like I was dying and it lasted for months. I'm still incurring doctor bills. It ruined my quality of life for 7 months so far. Good luck to you.

My goodness, I'm so sorry to hear what you went through. How long after your injections did this all happen? Also, I would be curious if the doctors felt confident that it was for sure the Dysport?

So glad you made it through the sickness and are here to share with us!

My symptoms started 3 days after injections with a flu-like body weakness and terrible headaches. At 2 weeks after I got very dizzy and was unable to walk which put me in the hospital. I am two months past now and feeling much better, but the numb leg persists.
yes my GP concludes it was a reaction to dysport.
Wow. How are you now? How long has it been? Was it a deem/plastic surgeon skilled in this? Every time I read one of these stories I get so mad that this is one the market. I wonder if we all have something in common. My doctor suggested it and I even said "Is it safe? I am very sensitive?" and he said yes that's it's used in Europe all the time. Not safe at all. Poison.
Much better now, two months after. It was a hellish nightmere. It was a PS! Bad rections are not the norm, but they do happen!
What is a PS? Do you have an auto immune disease or an allergy to dairy? I am trying to find the common bond between the women who have these almost deadly, and quality of life compromising negative side effects.