Second Lower Facelift, Neck Plication & Juvederm Tomorrow - Richmond, VA

The cost includes the anaesthesiologist, post-op...

The cost includes the anaesthesiologist, post-op nursing care and juvederm. The surgery itself is about $7800 of the total cost.

Ten years ago I had a brow lift, neck plication, deep plane face lift and lower blepheroplasty performed by John Mannes of Marin County, California who did a sensational job for a cost of $12,000+/-. My recovery was very good but I had the usual numbness, tightness and greenish tinge.

It has taken me three years to find the right surgeon. Lots of research and interviews as this was a secondary procedure and I wanted a highly skilled surgeon due to the preexisting scar tissue, but I knew when I was ready to proceed.

Tomorrow I have the above described secondary procedures performed by Michael S. Godin, M.D. of Richmond, VA, double board certified & specializing in facial surgery. I am staying in a nearby hotel for 24 hours post-op with private nursing care.

I have had about ten weeks of pre-op preparation getting super healthy with ultimate life shakes, orgain shakes, vitamin C superdoses, lots of water, working out, staying away from second hand smoke and sick people, reducing sodium, etc., etc. Now I am dutifully taking my arnica montana, bromelian, more vitamin C, and eating pineapple and mango for more post op mojo magic.

I will get some pictures up.

Six hours post surgery. Surgery lasted about four...

Six hours post surgery. Surgery lasted about four hours. Back in my hotel within a half-hour. Nurse drove me. Immediately post-surgery my face was lopsided as the side done first had swollen, but six hours later the swelling is diminishing on my face. So do not be too alarmed when you see the immediate post op pictures. One of the eyes was taped shut and it was swollen open, but that subsided within a couple of hours.
I had twilight anaesthesia administered by an anaesthesiologist. (They said I was the most talkative patient under anaesthesia that they had ever seen.) No pain in my neck.

Taking my meds (antibiotics (cephalex), arnica montana and extra strength tylenol ),drinking my Orgain shakes and water. Tomorrow the nurse will change my dressing and show me how to put on the antibiotic ointment and cleanse the sutures hydrogen peroxide and water. I will head home tomorrow afternoon.

I am feeling quite good. Taking it easy. Face looks good. I will post more pictures showing what I looked like immediately after surgery with full habit and tomorrow after the head wrap is removed.
I haven't posted recent pictures and should, but I am extremely happy with my results. I have the jawline of a teenager (sort of).:)
Hi Eileen, I'm wondering what your opinion is 3 months after the surgery. Are you still happy with the results?
Oh my, Eileen, I live only a mile from Dr.Goden and have used his facial treatment side of the practice for a peel..(Anne, she is great) but if i had known you'd be so close!
Glad it all worked out for you! Can't wait to see the upcoming weeks..

I am at 3.5 weeks out with my guy in Va Beach..have to leave town sometimes you know!

Do you live here? We need to compare stories, LOL I had twilight and chatted too...

Good luck, will be thinking about ya!
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Godin is one of the best-kept secrets in the mid-Atlantic. Confident, professional and dedicated to your healthful, successful recovery from facial surgical procedure. His staff was wonderful and the after-care nurse a great match.