So ive been getting tattooed for many years, im 25...

so ive been getting tattooed for many years, im 25 now and have accumulated many tats. if i could remove every tattoo on my body i would in a instant, so much changes from 18-25.. and what the general population thinks is good tattooing really isn't, and i just recently understood what good art is.unfortunately i started my new sleeve with a artist i thought was good, but not so muich, i am extremely lucky i realized to stop only 4 hours into the sleeve, and no color has been added, just black and grey wash, with really no dense black just all shading, so i think i should be good to cover up in 1-2 sessions. the tattoo is only a few months old, and looks like its right at the top begging to be taken out..i havnt been depressed in years and now am from this whole process, its quite a strange feeling. im going to a tattooer who knows how to use the laser and its only 250 a session for 2 big pieces, any way ill post pics when its done saturday.

Pictures of before

Here's the art error zapped. What so you think of the tatoo, easily lasered on the color?

Pics of tattoo

Tattoo pics. What's my chances of cover up in 2 sessions. ?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pics won't post from iPhone

Pics

Pic lasered tomorrow

Pic

no one can promise anything but you should be able to cover that up (depending what you want to cover it) in 3 to 4 sessions at the most. two might be good, unless you want something else thats grey wash on top. all of my grey shading is almost gone after one session, im going to try and get as many as possible though, too avoid that "cover up" look. also i TOTALLY agree with what you said about how the general population sees "good" tattoos. I didnt know what a good tattoo was until too late either.
Wow thank you so much by his really lifted my heart right before my first session. I'm getting an entire sleeve covering it. Traditional Japanese. Heavy colors and black background. So should be good.

First session over !

So I went today and I told him y other tattoo was only 6 weeks d and he denies my money and said we have to wait, that's honest and I like that. So we just zapped Buddha. It took 10 mins from start to finish Kay constant laser we took no breaks and used ice pack or anything. The pain was INTENSE but the reward ad short duration makes it bearable.anyway my arm is now swollen 6 hours later but really have minimal to no pain, a slight sun burn tingle at the most. Does it get more painful?i will use bandages and acquaphor until it heals. He said for touch ups he only likes layering every 3-4 months. Please let me know what you think 5 hours after first session. He said this one looks like it will get amazing results from the way it was lightly shaded and really not to bold of lines and minimal dense black.

Typos

The typos are ridiculous, a combination of my iPhone and excitement, I apologize!

Is this it?

Also, will I see more results as the weeks go on and as it heals? Or is this what I get, I hope it's not just this !

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Before and after pics next to each other

Before and after 1st

Good luck on your journey! I've been told that the ink continues to break up as time passes by. One of the reasons they like to wait 8+ weeks in between most treatments. They will also kick up the intensity level with each treatment as your body removes the ink and gets used to the laser settings. You're the man to do it with no numbing of any kind. My treatment is maybe 2 mins long and it's the worst!! LOL Check out my review, I have a lot of pictures from mine- I am close to going in for my 8th zap. My tattoo is black and green with a touch of blue and red. You'll see the black fades much more quickly than the other colors.
Hey yeah, he was even out of ice packs !it was okay though.i just had him as the minutes passed my body adjusted to the pain anyway. I saw it said L2. Does this's mean only level 2?its the Next day and there's absolutely no pain. It is swollen a bit and red.i don't think it was high enough I'm upset.
Hello! Did you have a cooling machine or numbing injections b4 the removal?

One week

So this is a one week pic. There's very tiny blisters in some spots but no pain! Nice recovery.what do you think on progress?

He said at least 2 months after the last session. Times that with 2 more sessions at least. I'm not getting started for about 6 months. Wich is long but I don't mind because his wait list is 4 months anyway :).and we always need something to look forward to in life it's very important.

Hi falco4758! Thank you for posting your review and sharing photos! What a trooper you are, no numbing, no ice! I understand you are planning for a cover up and you are thinking traditional Japanese (those are beautiful!), did your artist advise you how long you will need to wait to start the cover up once your laser treatments are completed? Also, what laser is your clinic using?

New 2 weeks after

2 weeks post 1st laser. It's almost healed but now looks like it's recovering from a bad sunburn as the skins peeling. Is this normal? PEase some insight on the pic thanks!

How's your fading looking man?
Funny you ask got my second session tomorrow !
I think your tattoo is lovely, but if you don't like it, then off it goes.  As for healing, everyone is different.  Yes, healing does look like a sunburn, there is often peeling.  Lotion is your best friend at these times.  I think your fading is amazing.  There is debate as to how long to wait between sessions and if you continue to fade.  This is all new for a lot of people.  I've been having the R20 sessions (multiple passes with breaks in between, all in one day) and the fading is amazing.  I go every four months or so and the fading continues.  The immune system is an amazing mechanism.  Good luck.  I've learned through this that patience is important (hard to do sometimes) and staying positive (also hard to do) but so worth it.  aloha...k

8 weeks post zap

8 week pictures. Got my second session tomorrow :-) stoked. What do you think of the progress if any? I think I see some !

8 weeks

8 weeks 1 session

Pics not working

Pic

For 1 session those are some nice results!!

Thanks for the update, I really see fading in Buddha's face and some in the hand, great results for 1st session, look forward to seeing your results from session 2.

Next to each other

Pre laser and 8 weeks after 1 session with q

Definitely see fading... Good luck my friend! :)

1st on pegoda

Second on Buddha 1st I pegoda. Little blisters. No pain.dont see any fading like the Buddha did the fest session right after.

2nd day

Second day after 2nd session. Don't see results like the 1st session :-/

Thanks for the update, as oneTime2many said allow yourself some time and you will see results. Focus your mind on other things and keep busy ;0)

Hey man, it seems to slow down after each session...more that the body does most of the work/fading. Stay positive, stay active, and allow yr body to do the work...I'm sure you'll see more results as the weeks pass.
Good to know thanks!

One week post laser

So the tower is the first time being zapped.its 7 days after, it blistered up bad in dense black areas. I let it heal naturally no ointments or anything.it healed beautifully now last stages.it actually looks like a layer of ink is being peeled off, you can see in the pic, very happy with results, anyone ever experienced this?heres before and after photo, let me know your opinions :)

Starting leg sleeve :-) happy

Also just today I finally got accepted by a artist I love to start a new project with I've been on a waiting list for.i will be starting on my leg to take my mind off my arm and let it take the time it neads to laser off properly :-) I'm going with a African animal themed sleeve. Here is a pic of my artist and a idea of what mine will look like :-) In such good spirits! It helps with healing !

The machine my laser guy has is tiny it's portable he said. Is this bad. Or are all q yag the same.
It's not necessarily a bad thing, however, it's generally accepted the better the machine the better the results. The smaller, portable machines generally cost a lot less than the larger machines and generally possess less power and less sophisticated technology. Having said that, a lot of it comes down to how well your technician knows how to use it. It may be that his machine will begin to struggle once the ink has faded significantly and more power is needed. Or, it may be irrelevant and you may get great results! So hard to say with the tattoo removal malarkey!!
Love the leg sleeve:-)

Anyone had this

So this time , the tattoo blistered, they went away, than it blistered again and now it's peeling its final phase. Anyone seen this ?

Lotus 10 days post

This is my lotus 10 days the first laser session.it is still peeling so it will only get lighter. Seeing amazing results. Inside by pollen shading almos all gone. Please some input

Yes, tattoo removal in a nutshell is like a tootsie pop...."the world may never know"
Lol what is a tootsie pop?
A lollipop that no one has figured out! It's a conundrum!

Healed pics

So I'm two weeks post 2 session on Buddha. And 2 weeks post 1st session on lotus an pagoda. Please let me know if you see fading. I may go to bigger laser the one I'm using I found it is a table top one I didn't know there's a variance I q yag

Start 1..2

Tattoo and post first and second progress pics.good to see progress with these frames.

Nice frame progress shot

Good way to inspect progress. See any?

I see fading forsure, the 3rd photo the top of the head is cut off, I would like to see the difference there.

There's no fading In that its thick thick dense black

What laser

I'm going to a new laser as mines a table top.what is the best brand. I see one place with "quanta c plus c" one with "medlite q switch" are these god? Thanks

Hey man. I have been using the Medlite for all of my sessions. I think it is an excellent laser (my tattoo is all black outlines). I had some bad healing/treatments a couple times but I realized that it was due to the technician, not the machine. My current Dr now is amazing and the results have been phenomenal since I was treated by him. Q-switched has been around since the 90's and not too much has changed for them. I thought about using the Pico too, since I am almost done here and am getting really impatient...I just wanted to blast the remnants of ink left. My doc told me that I could try the Pico, but just to be wary: he said the Pico was only just approved as of 2012 and, therefore, there are not many complete results on it as it is still so new. I understand its concept (breaking the ink into smaller segments and photoacoustic vs photothermal) and it makes sense in terms of physics...but I have seen a few cases where hypopigmentation becomes permanent and apparent. I think the Pico is great for colors and for some people, but it may just be too powerful in some cases. It should def NOT be used on anyone w/ any inkling of darker pigmented skin. The Q-switched does seem to cause more trauma to the skin, but if you wait about 4mos in b/w treatments, the trauma will subside and the ink will continue to fade. Looking at my tattoo now, it is still fading now (2mo post) and every week I swear it is going away more and more. It's a tough call, but I will vouch for the Medlite. You just have to commit to waiting longer in b/w sessions and please only go to a doctor who understands skin.
Try the picosure. Trust me on this
I looked at reviews. One guys case I saw ridiculous crazy fading that is tempting. But the others not that diff in black. Plot def is better. But I just have black

New laser and clinic

So I got a crazy blak Friday special its 100$ for my entire arm using a medlite. It's a big upgrade from the tabletop laser I'm currently using for 300 a session.i saw great progress on that so I'm very exits for this one. Is the medlite a good laser? Thanks

Hello there! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have a large tattoo that I am looking to have removed. I see you are in Richmond, VA. I am looking for a great clinic. May I ask where in Richmond, VA you went to and would you recommend them?
Your fading is awesome! Hope this medlite does wonders for you! I've been doing Picosure on my black tattoo, and haven't seen dramatic fading over the q yag! I'm thinking of having my doctor zap my black tat with a different laser to see if it does better. I've heard the Medlite is a good laser! Good luck!
Your progress is great and one of the best positive examples of removal on here. It's coming along beautifully with no scarring.

New tattoo :)

So I started my leg sleeve while I remove my arm to take t mind off it and not to rush it. It will consist of all big cats, a tribute to the beautiful creatures who will be extint soon. Let me know if you like it :)

that's a sweeet piece! - mad props to the artist, the detail is amazing. So do you plan on getting yr arm covered after laser or are you aiming at complete removal for it?
I a huge attoo enthusiast so it will be covered. I'm flying to Ukraine to get a sleeve in a 10 day spa after a few more laser sessions. Thanks for the compliments, he's one of the best realism artist in the game right now amazing work
Very cool, good thing we all know better now to only go to the pros :) you should hopefully only need a few more then, that's awesome

NEW APPT MADE

so i finally got a appt for 2 weeks with a new medlite laser, i am so excited and cant wait too see the results, after 10 weeks of rest it should be great!

ive never been a huge fan of that type of work, but god damn that tiger is so next level. whoevers doing your sleeve is a genius.
cheetah!
Thank you so much, and yeah it's a cheetah :-) getting tiger friday will post :)

Got another new tattoo while waiting ;)

Got another cat to my big cat leg sleeve :-). One of the best in the world dmitry vision..10 hour session! Have my laser sessio end of this month! This keeps my mind off it in meantime.

Seriously there are no words, it's perfect work...so realistic!!!
nice man!!

Pic and tattoo

Little resemble :)

Awesome tattoo! After I get most of my tattoo removed I am very interested in going to see Dimitry or Kris Busching... Ah, decisions! Good thing I'll have at least a year to decide... Lol.
Thank you both !
Dang, that tatt's got more dimension than the pic!! Beautiful..

Thirsday is another session

so this coming thursday i go to a new place with a top of the line medlite and am getting my entire arm lasered... excited for the results and pre-payed for 5 visits so its even better ?

better picture

better picture

nice, highly suggest dmitry
Will he be doing your cover up also?
Nah I'm going to Ukraine actually. Going through all thing work need the end result to be te best artist in the world haha! His names suvorov Alaxandr

Zap

Just had full arm zapped with medlite! It's super swollen will post pics when redness resides

Please help

So got zapped last night. Now have bruising and swelling like I have not had prior 2 sessions. Has anyone has bruising like this ? Under bicep is location

I would get that too, bruising expanding out like that. lasers just liking getting your ass beat.
Good to know. Thanks man!
Wow that does look weird...and yeah, was there some ink surrounding the script? I've nvr seen the laser affect the skin that much around the tatt. I'm sure it will die down, but I would def second what Wilks said and contact yr clinic and ask them. It could be either some sort of allergic reaction (possibly to the ink breaking down) or it could be laser trauma...still very strange tho...I hope yr not in too much pain :(

First laser on leg

Had 1 session on this 5 days Ago. Happy with the results so far:) thoughts ?

Those results are amazing. Yeah, I had that bruising also. I had a pretty large area zapped, and the inside of my arm swelled up and bruised pretty bad.
Thank you! I think it's a combination of a great laser ,and me just having skin that responds amazing to it, thanks !
What kind of laser was used on your most recent session?

One session down

Almost all the shading is gone from just one session only 1 week after. I know everyone reacts differently to laser im just happy my skin takes it well and fades nice. Thoughts ?also you must eat healthy and drink loads of water ! No alcohol !

Great to read your story , I liked the sleeve but ur new tattoo wowh ?! Mine is a cover up freehand mess ! Your results look great I'm hoping to see some difference next week when healing starts did notice some yellow ink on my bandage this morning thankfully !!
Medlite c6. I highly recommend go tattoo removal. There two guys one from tattoo industry and one is a doctor so it's a great mixing pot of knowledge. They charge 200 per session but will do as much as you want there's no square inch restrictions.snd they use one of the best lasers. If your in the area check them out. **reminder -removed website address as it's against Community Guidelines  to post to 3rd party links ***

One week post first session

A picture of my tattoo vs one week post 1 session.very pleased with results th shading is pretty much gone

So awesome! I sent mike an email because I'm also interested in lightening up a cover up on my stomach for another cover up... Ha. Him and I should be chatting this week!
That's awesome. Tell him you know Brandon !
I will--thank you!!!

Fresh and 3rd sessio

Just had my third session. This pic is 2 weeks post. What are your thoughts. See any progress. Good or bad for 3 sessions. I wish it was better

2vs3 session

Here's 2 sessions vs after my 3rd session. I think I see some fading do you ?

It looks so good! When's your next treatment? I talked to Mike two days ago! I think I am going to head up there around the middle of March. I leave for the Dominican the first week, so I definitely don't want to start anything too soon. I actually want to give both lasers a try.
They only have one the medlite in aware of. I'm also going up mid march :) thanks to the kind words !
Awesome! I've had one treatment with a pico on my leg, but I have one on my stomach (a cover up) ugh that I want to fade for a better cover up lol.

2 weeks post second picture

So this is the 2 weeks after my 2nd session and the left is before any laser. I wish the results were better. Do you see any fading ? This dense black will be tough :-/

progression through three sessions

heres a picture i made to show the pictures throughout my journey from original tattoo to after three sessions, im so happy with the results, you see any fading?

It looks awesome! I'm thrilled for you and your progress!

One session

One session on this , all shading pretty much knocked out , very happy with results

Perfect, how many weeks post treatment is this picture (sorry if I missed it noted somewhere)
I think about 8!

1 session :)

Professional pic after one session

man, I love that jack rabbit. but if its gotta go, its gotta go. youre crushing it with the progress tho..

Session 4

Tech really turned it up this time. This is 3 days after.hoping I see good fading after it heals ! Looks gnarly

new tattoo!

had laser last week will get pics up its still not healed.. and yesterday had a session with the world class dmitry vision and got a clouded leopard to add to my cat sleeve! thoughts?? have to keep your mind of flaser and always have things to look forward to in life!

wow! the clouded leopard is beautiful!

Leg sleeve progression !

Here's my progress in my leg. Thoughts :) my arm will be healed still scans to post...

Beautiful cats :)

Professional of my new tattoo

New tattoo 8 hours by dmitry vision.!

Wow your results are really amazing! Seeing progress like yours makes me more optimistic that I'll be rid of my tattoo eventually.
The detail on those leg tats is insane.
Seriously..looks like a painting!

3 weeks post session

so its 3 weeks after my last session. This will be the 4th for the buddha, the 3rd for the pagoda flower, and birds, and the 2nd for the jackalope and stay gold.By far the bestfading is on the jackalope in my leg, not sure why, but its amazing.I'm really disappointed with the fading in my arm specifically the pagoda, it just does not want to fade, also the buddha, i may have to cancel or postpone my trip to ukraine for my sleeve, or jut do my leg, anyway heres the pictures from last session. I did scab up and now have pinkish color skin in spots, should i postpone next session?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Here is begging and post pictures so you can compare them...

pictures so you can compare next to each other, i wish my buddha and pagoda faded like my jackalope and stay gold, but it is what it is, do you see fading?? thanks anyone

got a appt this thursday, i dread the horrible pain so much but want the results! good news ill be going for a picosure session in june. i need to fade faster to be ready for october. she said it could be less effective since i already had laser with q swticch,, any one else heard this?
That's weird, I can't see why it would be less effective...hmmm. You could try to ask a doctor on the site and see what they have to say.
Encouraging results!

Picosure

After 7 q switch treatments, I switched to picosure. It was no more or less painful. It was more expensive, but the results have been amazing. If you have any scar tissue from the q switch, it does impede the laser's ability to reach the ink. I have still had good fading over the scar tissue though. Good luck and keep us posted!
Hey what do you mean by scar tissue ? Anyway I'm gla to hear the picosure works great after q switch ! Excited !
Like Eva said ask a doctor on the site... but they will tell you it's absolutely ok and works. Was this prior to an in person visit(over phone)? She might be referring to prior laser treatment in general and might be worried about scarring from other treatments(she doesn't know what it looks like yet). They like to check in person before being sure.

Session 4/5

Just finished session 5. They got a cold machine and it helped a lot ! Still bad but now don't want to die during it.

Your new tattoos look amazing!!! -B
Some previous q switch treatments were too aggressive and damaged my skin (I posted pictures). During the healing process, fibrous tissue developed in place of normal skin. It is denser than normal skin, masking it more difficult for any laser too penetrate and reach the underlying ink. It has a hypopigmented and rough appearance. Hopefully the ink will eventually be removed, but I will still have the scar.

4th session on pagoda

Finally some fading on the tower after 4 sessions.

4/5 sessions done

heres a picture of everything on the front, buddha has 5 sessions everything else has 4 .. seeing some fading i think, thoughts?

Great fading...impressive!!
thanks!

new tatto!

new carocal , added to big cat leg...

Yours results give me hope :) Looking good!

comparison pictures from 3/4th sessions

heres comparison pictures, i dont see much fading from last session, it it just me being negative or do you not see any either? let me know thanks anyone

loving your results and progress will keep following your journey
I see fading in both, the biggest change is the script.
Love the new tattoos! Amazing work.

Scarring

Just had my 6 th treatment. The Buddha has scarred. I had really pin point bleeding at laser and it scabbed up. Now I have pinkish skin.will this go away with time? Really bummed

4th session

Only one fading good. 4th session. Shows how ink quality plays such a huge role in how your tattoo will fade. This artist used cheap ink vs all my others top quality ink

damn those animal tattoos are amazing! i am fading my tattoo now for a cover up, and also wanted an animal themed artwork..
Thank you !
I follow gotattooremoval on Instagram and have seen some of your tattoos there like the jackelope, etc and I'm amazed at how they're able to achieve a lot of fading in just a few sessions. I believe their laser is the Medlite C? I must say your tattoos of the wildcats are amazing!

3-4th

Comparison of 3rd and 4th session. I couldn't tell any fading until seeing them side by side. Do you see any ?

Absolutely I see fading, it's more like a faded gray outline, very little black left. Way to go!

Session 5

All the shading is gone. We just hit the lines and few dark spots.4 days after notice we just hit the lines rest is gone

Post 7th session

One week post 7th session. The face I light enough sober didn't hit it to minimize damage to skin. Hoping only one more session after this :) going to London in December for a half sleeve so I'm taking a 6 month hiatus from laser.

So we

Light enough so we*** not sober , silly iPhone

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

thought i woul dmake a update

so here is my update, im taking a 6 month break from laser for my body to heal, and my skin to recover, as i have a little bit of red scarring... im going to the UK in December for some tattoos so this will keep me occupied.. The Buddha ha shad 7 sessions. the pagoda had had 6, the jackalope and the script have had 5.. let me know what you think.. the script will be getting covered in December cant wait to finally cover it! This has been a crazy journey, filled with endless amounts of agony, lots of driving, happiness, sadness, more pain and agony, im glad its finally coming to an end, i may need 1 or tops 2 more sessions in 6 months but that's all. I have decided that i am not going to laser my other time as the pain is just to intense to bare again.. maybe i will do something like once a year for 10 years.. who knows, not for a long time though, no one should have to go through this pain! good luck every one thanks for the support.

Thanks for the update!! Good Luck to you as you continue on your journey!
they all look faded enough to get covered! can't wait for mine to get that way but i have colours so..SIGH! congrats you (:
Ah well Yes all but the program and possibly Buddha. I'm covering it with grey realism so needs to be super light ;) good luck on your journey
gotattooremoval

all around amazing, great laser, great knowledge, great price