46 Year old - Richmond, VA

I am having 400cc gummi bear implants with a...

I am having 400cc gummi bear implants with a lollipop lift...sound sweet right? :)
My PS recommended going over for me due to my workout and pec muscle. I personally like the upper roundness of overs, my only hold up is capsular contraction. My PS says the difference in occurrence in the two is minimal. Any recommendations or guidance.
Hi there... I recently got my girls done but I went under. I wish I can be more help with the over. Overall I am very happy with my results so far. Still have a long way to go with the recovery process but its but so tolerable with minimal pain and more discomfort. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
Thank you and I'm glad your doing well.

Recovery preparation

I ordered this bed lounger to use for sleeping, I don't have any reclining furniture so I'm hoping this does the trick.
Generally you'll get more long term upper pole fullness by going under the muscle.
That's true, gummi bear implants with a lollipop lift sounds like it should be a dessert! Lol Good luck on your upcoming surgery, I'm sure you will look fabulous! :)
Good luck

Pre-op

My pre-op appointment was yesterday. My PS and I decided to go with 400cc Mentor Memory Gel, round under the muscle. He said based on my measurements he decides on the profile. So I have my RX's filled got all my items needed bought. I am ready for next Friday (23). I feel a lot better about it, except for the nagging concern of size. I showed him pics and he said 400cc will do it...fingers crossed!
Hey u! Haven't spoken to u in a bit how ru? ;) I think under the muscle is the best choice! Can't wait to see ur results ;)
Thanks! It's getting close, my nerves are a wreck! I've never had surgery before :/ I'll be glad to get it over with. When is yours are you nervous?
DO NOT DO OVER THE MUSLCE THEY WILL HANG LIKE REAL BOOBS.. HAD MINE REDONE AND WENT UNDER... I AM A POLE DANCE INSTRUCTOR AND I HAVE UNDER NOW TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Anyone else?

Ok my surgery is this Friday. I didn't have my period last week for the first time when it was due. And I feel like I have an ulcer. I think it's from stress. I am very nervous about this surgery. I keep thinking, ok... Why am I doing this? I was so nervous when I booked the surgery I thought I was going to pass out. Of course at my age when you mention missing your period everyone says oh menopause. I'll be glad to get it over with.

Period arrived

Ok started today that's good. Now I can go back to obsessing about implant size. Haha

46 Year Old...BL/BA Not Sure About Size?

I am 5'4" 160 fairly athletic build, scheduled for a BA/BL this Friday. I am so nervous about it. I am getting a lollipop lift with Mentor Silicone smooth round, under the muscle. I am currently scheduled to get 400cc. I don't want to have huge boobs, but I do like the round augmented look. I hope this is enough to fill out my upper empty area. But I don't want to go larger than necessary. I don't want unnecessary added weight to add to the continued gravity process.

Tomorrow!!!

Ok so tomorrow is my surgery, I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it. I'm confident in my Dr., and the choices we've made. Positive thoughts are welcome :)

Done!

My surgery was yesterday. I have to say it was very easy and uneventful :) thankfully now I just have to sit back and heal and wait to see my results. Will post pics one I take bra off to shower.

Pics

Can't wait to see
Congratulations! Can't wait to see more updates from you
Yay!! Ur done!! Congrats! How r I feeling?!! I can't wait to see pics!
Excited for you! Cant wait to see! My consult june 7!!

Healing

Ok so I'm about 72 hours post op. I showered again today and changed the dressings. My PS doesn't place tape or recommend icing. It was shocking to have ended up with a full anchor lift, but think once it's healed it will be good. I'm really trying to take it easy and just focus on letting myself recover. I'm drinking protein shakes and plenty of water. I'm keeping up on the pain meds also. I hope everyone else is doing well also
You look great so far! Did you end up getting 400 ccs?
Yes I got 400cc moderate plus memory gel. So far the shape looks great :) you just have to be patient in the healing process. Which is easier said that done.

Percocet makes you itch!!!

Ok I had been keeping the Percocet in my system. But I was itching on my head and face really bad, I told my husband to check me for lice lol he said, "you don't have lice!" So I noticed itching was most intense about 1/2 hour after taking the pain meds, so I googled it and sure enough that's a side effect, so I'm taking Tylenol now I guess I'd rather be in mild pain than itch.
Don't worry about the full anchor , I wasn't suppose to have one either but told doc do what he wanted to achieve the best results. Mine are healing up great just before you get into a swim suit in a few weeks put ur sunscreen. The only place I cld find the stick one which my nurse said was the best, is at the dollar general, go figure. Everywhere else is always out. Kmsl at the itching. Girl I wld rub my nose raw bc it wld itch the most. How are u feeling besides all that? Can't wait til you post some more pix and are able to try on some cute tops!! Hey they bed lounger you have looks fabulously amazing, is it as comfy as it looks? You boobs look like they are a good size under ur bra ;•}
Yes the lounger has let me sleep at night. They are shaping up nice, I will post more pics it's hard when your husband is helping you unwrap and wrap to get photos :) plus the first couple of times I was afraid to really look!
Girl I know what u mean!! Every time I looked at mine , it was like nightmare bf Christmas song "what's this" lol my husband kept saying girl you crazy I love them , and you know that always makes it easier ;•}

4 days post

Looking good!!

My thoughts on surgery locations.

While researching surgeons one thing I was unsure about was location of surgery. Some are based on large hospital campuses and some have in-office surgical suites. I decided that I wanted an in hospital surgery. I've never been under before so I'm thinking being in the hospital may be better. I can say that I think that is a good choice. I not only had my surgeon looking over me but the hospitals chief of surgery, head surgical nurse, and a host of others. So while I may have, and probably would have, had a successful procedure elsewhere I felt very good about that choice.
You look fantastic!!! I hope my boobs turn out as nice..!
Thank you. It's very nerve wracking waiting to see what it will look like. I have seen my 400cc moderate plus memory gels on others and it looks very different. Plus the lift is different, I got an anchor, some have lollipop on and on. The best you can do is pick the right surgeon and make sure he knows what result your hoping for :)
Yes I keep racking my brain over it! I just need to chill out because I give myself anxiety. I am also going with moderate plus but they're going to be saline.

Warning...TMI

Ok, I'm an using my idel healing time do do updates to help others considering this procedure. I'm trying to address concerns I had. So here goes one. I was really concerned that with scars my husband may be turned off by my breasts. But last night while he was helping me after my shower I noticed an obvious erection :) stitches and all.

Wish pic I used

Lol that's so funny , trust it will be that way for a few weeks every single time he sees them. Doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling ? ;*}
:) That's great. I also have thought about scars being an issue, but after seeing how well the scar treatment has worked for so many of the ladies on this site, I know it will work for me too.

Every Dr is different

It's so strange that the differences are so big. Like my dr won't see me until I'm 2 wks post-op. And I didn't have ant type of tape placed on my incisions. I guess you just need to trust the dr you picked.
I didn't get any tape on mine either, he just covered them with glue;*}

2 wks post op

All is going well. Some bruising, but other than that good. I have to wear the surgical bra for another month. I will be glad to get back to normal.
How are you doing?
I'm doing great. Thx ;) starting to get back to normal.
Well that's amazing!! I'm happy for you;•} I bet your ready to get out the surgical bra huh?

Some new pics.

The indents you see are from the surgical bra.
Flawless results. I barely see scars. Fantastic hoe they turn out. They sure look natural & got that youthful look to it. Congrats on the twins.
I actually took it from this site :) I think a pic is important to show what result your trying to achieve.
Where did you find your wish picture...Love it! I need to submit that to my PS! Your results are amazing!!!

6 week check up

Well I had my check up and everything looks good, healing well. I asked a ton of questions. One was about should I take antibiotics prior to any procedures such as dental cleanings. He said yes, it would be the same protocol as someone with a heart valve. Also he said my dissolvable stitches would last around 12 weeks. I'm ok to exercise as I want as long as i listen to my body. Keep using the scar cream. I can get in the pool, ocean, hot tub, etc. I can wear any bra except push-up. As long as it doesn't rub my anchor incisions. I have an area where the stitch is close to the surface but not sticking through yet. So hopefully it will dissolve and not have to be cut. I hope everyone on here is doing well also.

Incisions

Your breasts look so beautiful. I love your incisions, looks like they are going to heal really nice. I had a good giggle about your comment with your husband after your first shower. I assume he still likes them? :)
Thank you. And yes he does LOL...maybe too much.
Your incisions look great...they are very thin!

Pics

Absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you for sharing avid congratulations on your wonderful results! I'm still nervous about the size I picked (400 ccs) but if my results are close to yours I will be thrilled!
Thank you :) I was concerned about size also. But one thing, when you try on sizers remember they are sitting on top of everything. Realize that you are also going to lose excess skin and breast tissue. I was a deflated 36C now I'm a 36DD. Most always say they wish they went bigger :) I think my size is perfect for me. Good luck on your journey.

Almost 3 months

So I'm starting to feel 100% normal again finally. Some days though in the evening I feel sore. I will be glad for that to end and I still feel ends of stitches here and there. The small area where my stitches were irritated on my nipple is healing and becoming less visible. Over all great outcome.

From National Geographic to Sports Illustrated...LOL!

You look awesome!!
Thank you...and so do you!
Totally jealous over here - you have one of the best lifts I've seen around. Looking good - enjoy those sports illustrated breasts of yours!

Bras and recovery...

I have worn a bra (except for showering) ever since I had surgery. And I have bought them all, the soft comfy ones, molded cups, under wires you name it. I had to wear my surgical bras given to me for the first 6 weeks. I now prefer under wires that shape my lower breast in the way I want it. I also from day one made sure when I put my bra on that my nipples and upper pole was even. I figure that while everything is gelling back together and healing you want it to heal where you want it. Plus, your incisions don't need the weight of an implant on them. Once you can wear an underwire VS where everywhere lightly lined Demi gives a nice shape and their cheap and comfortable. Also I only wear underwire sports bras. The VS Incredible sports bra is awesome, but hard to take off, so make sure your healed enough before you attempt it :) anyway this is just my opinion and my personal experience.
You look great! Did you have much pain after your surgery? I am too concerned with scars if I do the surgery, I don't want my boyfriend not like them :) haha
My scars are barely visable and their really wasn't pain more like discomfort. And my husband says he can't see the scars and thinks they look really good.
I have asked guys if the scars are a turn off or not. Not addressing my scars in particular but on average if they think the scars from breast implants are a turn off. The answer overwhelmingly is they love the implants and if scars are there who cares as long as the breast are nice. Plus ladies have to remember that the scars really fade out and unless your in bright light wouldn't be seen anyway.
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

I want to first say I'm a very particular person. I have emailed this man to death and he always responded even when he was on vacation. He exceeded my expectations. My results are amazing. If you are in this area do yourself a favor and become a patient of his. He also did Juvederm in my lips and Botox on my brow. I have had these two items done by various Drs. over the years and his technique was the best I've received. My daughter commented on it even saying it's the best my lips have looked. Also he does his surgeries in a top notch major hospital. His office is beautiful. And his staff is simply wonderful. I NEVER give gushing reviews...I mean NEVER. But he earned it.