Am I Finally Going to Do This? - Richmond, VA

Hello. I am a 38 year old mother of 2 beautiful...

Hello. I am a 38 year old mother of 2 beautiful boys, one who was just born this January. My oldest is 9. During my first pregnancy, I gained over 65lbs on my 5'6" frame. I had a c-section in which I developed the dreaded "c-section shelf" w/ loose skin and many stretch marks. Lost all of the weight after 2 years but the skin never went away and actually would look worse the more weight I lost.

In 2005 I had surgery to remove an ovary and they cut where my c-section scar was. I became pregnant again last year and this time around I gained the normal amount of weight and lost it all pretty much within the 1st month after. It has now been 3 1/2 months and although I have lost the weight, my stomach still looks bad in fact looks a little worse than before. I had thought about doing a tummy tuck a few years ago and thank goodness I did not as I ended up having another baby who was a huge but welcome surprise to me and the hubby.

Now I have been on this site so much reading everyone's stories and I think I am going to buckle down and actually do this. I have always hated my stomach for the past almost 10 years and would like to do finally do something about it before I am 40 which is next June.

I have my first Plastic Surgeon consult today. I am sooo nervous about this whole process but mainly the recovery is what concerns me the most. My first c-section and the ovary removal were far worse in terms of recovery than the last one. I know that the biggest pain seems to be the muscle repair. I already suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so I worried that this will put that in overdrive. I plan to meet with a few Plastic surgeons and go with who I feel the most comfortable with.

My current weight is 138 and again I am 5'6" so I am hoping I will get good results. I hope to lose another 10 more lbs (Don't we all) I will post before pics soon. Any advice or tips from people who also have panic attacks would be great. This site is the best... Thanks.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Just got back from first consult... Liked doctor.....

Just got back from first consult... Liked doctor... he comes highly recommended...he said I was a great candidate for the tt...feel more confident after consult. He drew on me where abouts my scar could be and what would be taken off..wow

Consultation I believe was 100 dollars?? to be honest, I cannot remember if they all charged that or not. I heard that as long as you are no more than 20 lbs from ideal than you are fine but I totally agree to lose as much as u want before.. I wish I did but that last 10lbs is a killer
Hello there. I am 8 months post op and loving it. I picked from Richmond magazine on who was the top plastic surgeons. I consulted with Dr Mason Williams, Dr. Andrea Posez and Dr Nadia Blanchet. All 3 are good and top choices... I settled for Dr Blanchet.. just liked her the best.. was out of work for 2 weeks but I am a fast recoverer..(is that a word? lol) Its a long recovery, not gonna sugar coat it...It was worse than my 2 c sections but others say their c-sections were worse so you will find 50/50 on that answer.. I am 5'5" and weighed 136 before surgery and have lost about 5 lbs afterwards but from eating and excercise. I too have skin hanging over my c section scar which I read online refers to a c-section shelf scar...It was from my 1st pregnancy as I gained 65 lbs with that one. I do now know of any bad surgeons b/c I went straight to the top and did not care if that meant paying more.... My surgery total was 8k and all 3 quoted the same. Good luck to you.. You will not regret it one bit. Sorry If I gave too much information but I feel TMI is good in this case. I know I wanted to know everything.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. And not too much information, TMI is definitely better in cases like this. Going to wait and see in another 10lbs if it helps at all but I think the TT will be my best option considering my BFpercentage currently. I know that my first step will be a consultation and was wondering about how much I could expect to pay for just that? And 8k isn't bad, this is the round about figure that I have been told. Also, you recovered in 2 weeks, did that mean you could resume working out? This is what I am afraid of, I dont want to get the surgery and not be able to resume my workouts and gain weight. Again, thank you very much for your information.