My Positive Experience with Lux1540 (So Far!) - Richmond Hill, ON

After having a hard time finding reviews of this...

After having a hard time finding reviews of this laser I swore I would post a review if I went ahead with the treatment!!

I am a 31 year old female, part Asian. I suffered from bad acne on my cheeks throughout my teenage years and again through 2 pregnancies. I always thought that my acne would finally go away with adulthood, but we aren't all so lucky :(

Now that it has all finally cleared up, I am still reminded of the horrible memories by the scars left on my face. They are mostly on my cheeks, and are a combination of dark spots, uneven skin and shallow ice pic scars.

I decided to go with the lux1540 because it is most effective for Asian skin tones. I am doing a series of 4 treatments which cost me a pricey $3000.

I completed my first treatment last week and I am so pleased with the results so far! The procedure was painful, similar to getting hit with a small elastic band over and over again. I did get numbing cream prior to, and ice afterwards for 20 min. I did not get extremely red, just very pink, after the treatment. This lasted only 2 days afterwards and was totally tolerable.

I can already see an improvement with the size of my pores, depth of my ice pic scars and overall skin tone evenness. My family has already noticed a difference, which I did not expect.

My expectations were realistic, I was told 50-80% improvement is typical. Honestly, I am already satisfied with the results I have seen with just one treatment. I am very excited to see how the next 3 go.

It was a big investment, but something that I always wanted to do. After suffering with acne for so many years, I dont want to live with the constant reminder for the rest of my life.

If your scars are mild to moderate like mine, I would definitely recommend the lux1540. I will update again after my upcoming treatments (i hope to continue to see good results,) Best of luck to you all, my heart goes out to acne and scar sufferers. Don't give up hope!

I had my 2nd treatment done this morning. It was a little bit more painful than the first time and my doctor said he increased the intensity this time. Hopefully it won't leave any marks this time. After the first time, I noticed that my skin got smoother and softer. However, i still have a mark in one area, where my acne scars are. Doctor told me that it will go away eventually and that it's normal. *finger crossed*
Hi sew75, I'm interested in getting some treatments with the lux 1540. Do you recommend it? I'm from Toronto so I was wondering if you could provide details about the place you went to to get this procedure performed. Lastly I've read a lot of comments regarding waffle prints on your face after the procedure. Did you ever get this?
I got it done in Georgia where I am from. I do recommend it. I still want to get another couple treatments done. My skin is so smooth and soft. Yes, you will have the waffle prints, but only can see if you really look up close. Also, you can feel them. I will say the first week isn't so great. However, it gets better and is worth it.
Did you ask your doctor about whether these waffle prints are permanent?
They aren't. They last for about a week to week and half. You will be the only one to notice because you will know to look.
Hi sew75, if you don't mind me asking what ethnicity are you? I am asian and am afraid of PIH after the treatments (on top of the obvious/existing PIH I have now which sucks!). I'm guessing you got this treatment for acne scars? How severe were your scars and how much improvement have you seen after 2/3 treatments?
I am white. I had treatments done. I haven't decided if I will do a 3rd yet. I can a little difference, but not as big as I had hoped. I definitely tell a difference in my complexion. People have commented on the "glow" of my skin. My skin is really smooth, but didn't help my scars as much as I had hoped.
I had my second treatment today. For some reason I am not as swollen or red as last time. Last time the doctor came in and gave me some injections to help block the pain... assume it was lidocaine. However, today doctor had just left before I got there. So no lidocaine today... just the numbing cream. Wonder if that is what caused me to swell so much last time? When I told the girl today how swollen I was for how long she was a little shocked. Guess I will see how next time goes...
I just had my first treatment of 1540 fractional laser done yesterday. My face is still covered with red patches and stamp marks. I hope they will go away soon. Kinda worried...
How is it going? I had my first one April 5th. I was VERY swollen and red. Then turned to flaking really bad. Then skin was a little rough. However, now it is great. Today is 5 weeks and I had a friend say today... I can tell a difference. Also, had a friend say this week... your makeup looks great. Think it was actually my skin:). Then last week a friend said I had a nice glow. I get my second treatment next week. Hoping to see more results after that. Hang in there... it does get better!! I remember the first week thinking... this isn't looking good!!
Hi there, I'm doing alright. It's been a week that I had the 1540 treatment done. Reading all the negative reviews online really concerned me for the first few days. My face was red and swollen for the first 3-4 days, and it started to die down thereafter. The skin where the stamp/track marks showed (pretty much over my whole face) became dry and flaky and eventually flaked off at around the 5th or 6th day. However, there is this area on my right cheek where I think the doctor zapped more than once (this is the area where i have more acne scars than anywhere else on my face); it's still darker than other places. I hope that it will eventually lighten up and get better. Right now, I'm just using make up to cover it. Let me know how it goes after your 2nd treatment. All the best!!!
I had 3 treatments
How is that coming along chiossa? Everything getting better?
I had my second treatment 2 days ago. We increased the intensity to 50 this time around. The pain during treatment seemed the same. However, I am definitely more red and uncomfortable, slightly itchy all over my face and very dry. I am still quite swollen too. I am happy with the results , my skin feels very tight and smooth over my scar areas. I'm hoping that once the swelling goes down it remains that smooth. I will update again once redness and swelling has subsided!
When you say red and swollen... how bad? Can you wear makeup? Would people notice? I am getting this done on Friday (today) so I can basically have the weekend to hide out.
How is your skin doing? I had my first treatment on Friday. It was a lot more painful than I thought it was going to be. I was swollen pretty bad and didn't leave the house till this morning. I worked from home yesterday. Today... I just notice I am itching a lot more and flaking. Do you know if I can rub a little more with a washcloth to get rid of it? Have my next one set for May 16th.
It took exactly 4 days for all the redness and swelling to go away completely. The last couple of days my skin was itchy and flaking, but I've been moisturizing heavily at night and now I am pretty much back to normal. I am soooo happy with the results, right now i look like I'm wearing foundation but I'm not! It's been a long time since I've looked in the mirror and liked what I saw :) can't wait for my last 2 treatments. So far, worth every penny that I paid!
Thanks! You are giving me hope. Definitely getting better everyday. I guess you can say today was my day 4? Swelling is almost gone and so is redness. Now just dealing with flaking and it itching. What kind of moisturizer are you using?
The flaking and itching will go away too, your skin is just healing from the treatment. I use a great gel moisturizer by hanskin. Super aqua moisture gel. I out a thick layer in my skin at night, almost like a mask. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, it's amazing! Give it a couple more day :)
Hi Hopeful2013 I'm interested in getting some treatments with the lux 1540. Do you recommend it? I'm from Toronto so I was wondering if you could provide details about the place you went to to get this procedure performed. Lastly I've read a lot of comments regarding waffle prints on your face after the procedure. Did you ever get this?
Thanks for your post! I get my first treatment done on Friday. Getting a little anxious. Not so much for any pain. More for the cost and not seeing any results. Also, it taking longer to heal than expected.
You will see results!! Good luck!
thanks!
I had my first treatment with palomar 1540 on March 6. I see results:). What was your setting, do you know? Mine was set on 50. I am scheduled for the second treatment in 2 days.
I believe the setting was 40. We discussed increasing the intensity to 55 for my next treatment because I healed very quickly. Second treatment is tomorrow! Good luck on yours!!