My Positive Experience with Lux1540 (So Far!) - Richmond Hill, ON

After having a hard time finding reviews of this...

After having a hard time finding reviews of this laser I swore I would post a review if I went ahead with the treatment!!

I am a 31 year old female, part Asian. I suffered from bad acne on my cheeks throughout my teenage years and again through 2 pregnancies. I always thought that my acne would finally go away with adulthood, but we aren't all so lucky :(

Now that it has all finally cleared up, I am still reminded of the horrible memories by the scars left on my face. They are mostly on my cheeks, and are a combination of dark spots, uneven skin and shallow ice pic scars.

I decided to go with the lux1540 because it is most effective for Asian skin tones. I am doing a series of 4 treatments which cost me a pricey $3000.

I completed my first treatment last week and I am so pleased with the results so far! The procedure was painful, similar to getting hit with a small elastic band over and over again. I did get numbing cream prior to, and ice afterwards for 20 min. I did not get extremely red, just very pink, after the treatment. This lasted only 2 days afterwards and was totally tolerable.

I can already see an improvement with the size of my pores, depth of my ice pic scars and overall skin tone evenness. My family has already noticed a difference, which I did not expect.

My expectations were realistic, I was told 50-80% improvement is typical. Honestly, I am already satisfied with the results I have seen with just one treatment. I am very excited to see how the next 3 go.

It was a big investment, but something that I always wanted to do. After suffering with acne for so many years, I dont want to live with the constant reminder for the rest of my life.

If your scars are mild to moderate like mine, I would definitely recommend the lux1540. I will update again after my upcoming treatments (i hope to continue to see good results,) Best of luck to you all, my heart goes out to acne and scar sufferers. Don't give up hope!

I had my 2nd treatment done this morning. It was a little bit more painful than the first time and my doctor said he increased the intensity this time. Hopefully it won't leave any marks this time. After the first time, I noticed that my skin got smoother and softer. However, i still have a mark in one area, where my acne scars are. Doctor told me that it will go away eventually and that it's normal. *finger crossed*
Hi sew75, I'm interested in getting some treatments with the lux 1540. Do you recommend it? I'm from Toronto so I was wondering if you could provide details about the place you went to to get this procedure performed. Lastly I've read a lot of comments regarding waffle prints on your face after the procedure. Did you ever get this?
I got it done in Georgia where I am from. I do recommend it. I still want to get another couple treatments done. My skin is so smooth and soft. Yes, you will have the waffle prints, but only can see if you really look up close. Also, you can feel them. I will say the first week isn't so great. However, it gets better and is worth it.