Much Too Painful -Richardson, TX

If I had known then what I know now, I would never...

If I had known then what I know now, I would never have gotten a brow lift. I also had a facelift and lower blepharoplasty. After almost three weeks, I am still very swollen and the bruising has been unbelievable. Finally, after about ten days, my PS did a needle aspiration on my head to drain the old blood that was pooling on the top and sides of my head.( hematomas?) The blood immediately accumulated again, so after beginning to aspirate and getting 30 CCs, he prepped me and took me back to surgery where he made another incision and pumped out another 50 CCs. That was four days ago and I still have some on my left side. My entire head is extremely sore and yet numb. It's been a nightmare and so very painful. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy. ( and certainly not to any family member) My Dr. Is puzzled because he used drains and said the surgery went well and has never had this happen before. Lucky me. I must admit he and his office staff have been very sympathetic and helpful.

Referred by a friend who has just had fillers and Botox done by him

I truly feel your pain!! I had a brow lift & quad blepharoplasty in June 2013. I looked like I had been beaten with a wrench for over a month. my surgeon/ surgery was also in Richardson. I have spent hundred$ on medical bills from complications as a result of my bad surgery! I don't even recognize myself when I look in a mirror, i don't look like me. 14 months after & I still have daily complications including severe asymmetry, one eyebrow is more than 1/2" higher than the other, very HOLLOW deep set eyes that are different shapes, one round one almond, daily headaches, left tear duct damage, one very dry eye bouts of severe itching on my scalp & forehead and sore knots where the fixation devices that were attached to my skull have yet to dissolve. This was most defiantly the worst decision I have ever made!!
I am so sorry about your terrible experience. I regret mine immensely too. I write this as I am nursing another headache. I now have a headache about 50% of the time and it’s been 2 ½ years for me. It feels like I have elastic bands in my forehead that are constantly being pulled too tight. I hope it gets better for you!
That is not good news. I had a great recovery. Now is that the Surgeon or just depends on each individual? We will never know. I am so sorry it wasn't a great experience for you.
Buffy sorry to hear about your rough recovery! I hope you are feeling better! What did your ophthamologist say about the eye problems? You should have been able to drive after one week - this sounds problematic that you cannot drive for so long. Also, I understand eye shape is not supposed to change with lower blephs unless skin is taken out - did you have just fat taken out/repositioned or did you have skin taken too? If you did not have skin taken out perhaps it is just swelling as Chris from Tarzana says. Hope you are doing better!
I'm so sorry you are that uncomfortable. It is really to be expexted. Any of the procedures are major surgery, so give yourself more time! I am 13 months out from my brow lift and I still have numbness and there is not a day that goes by that I am not 100% aware of my forehead and scalp. The hair shedding is better, but I am left with very little hair along the front hairline. I decided that worrying about it was only compounding the problem. If you dwell on it, you will get depressed. Would I do it again? Ask me in another year. Another thing to keep in mind is that IF we were told ahead of time what to really expect, we may choose not to go through with the surgery. I understand that. I have spoken to many others about this and we all feel the same way. My doctor is great and I still think he did a great job. I just think every person reacts and heals differently so they give us thier opinions based on other patients. Take care. Feel better.

I'm so sorry this has been such a rough recovery! It hardly seems fair that this is happening to you. I hope it resolves soon so you can be comfortable and begin to enjoy your results. We'd love to see your photos as they are so helpful to others about to embark on a similar journey. :)

Thank you for your support, Angiemcc and Chris. The pain is finally gone (except for occasional shooting pains, which I read are to be expected) and a slight headache once in awhile. I'm having eye issues. My right eye is noticeably larger than the left one and feels like my eyelid is stuck and I keep blinking to try to get them to feel even. But the most concerning issue is that it crosses when I look to the upper left and I feel an achy pulling sensation and blurriness. This is really disturbing, as I've read about strabismus and it sounds like I may now have this. If I do, and have to have surgery to correct that, I will definitely always stay it wasn't worth it. Although the swelling is still pretty extensive, I will probably admit that the neck was worth it. It's been the brow lift and lower blepharoplasty that have given me fits. My body just doesn't heal well. I looked better after one week than after two, when the hematomas appeared. And my head Is still so very tender, like it's bruised all over. I told Dr. Roberts I think they used my head fora bowling ball while I was sedated. He said, "I got a strike!". He said I am about a week behind normal recovery time. I'm hoping if I'm patient and wait it out that the swelling and hardness will disappear and I will return to my normal self :)
Any improvement? Are you taking plenty of vitamins and supplements???? I remember that I lost my appetite completely and lost 15 pounds in the first month! You have to make sure you are well nourished to heal. I just wanted to check in with you. We are out here!
My eyes are close to the same size finally, but they're so round it has changed my looks and I was perfectly happy with my almond shaped eyes!! My vision is definitely messed up after the surgery. I get terribly disoriented when I move around, like my eyes aren't in sync. I saw an ophthalmologist and she gave me drops and ointment and I've ordered glasses with prisms. I'm praying this works because I feel like an invalid since I can't drive. The swelling I still have is much more than I expected after two months. No one told me about the intense itching of the scalp I would have. It's constant and I'm clawing all the time! Yesterday the screws in my head felt like they were about to poke through my skin. Today one of the screws turned sideways. I can feel the shape of it. I feel like anything that could go wrong HAS. I definitely regret everything except the neck. I wish I had researched all the possible complications before I squandered $1600. I was expecting to be feeling really good about myself right now.
OK. It's only 2 months. I understand about the "round eyes", BUT, that will relax a bit. Remember, gravity rules! Since my last post there was one positive I can tell you and that is my hair has started to grow back in, little by little. I gave up on all of the gimicks and went staight to nutrition and vitamins, AND tons of water. I am 14 months out. You have a long way to go, but if you can hang in there!!!! Keep posting. I am always here to encourage you. There were days I felt like my life was over and that I had made the worst decision of my life. I knew that people would always look at me and think "Why did she do that to herself?" Well, I did and I am at peace with that. I am sure you are going through that right now. Please, take a deep breath and know that the recovery is much longer than what anyone tells you. That is a fact. You must stay positive and walk away from the mirror. I say this with all respect, sincerity, and a bit of humor. It will get better. There are a few things to help the itching. Try to stay away from the stuff with alcohol in it. That will only dry out your scalp more. It's good to wash your hair only a few times a week. What are you doing for hair care????? Keep be "posted". I am thinking about you and praying for you!
One more thing. Your eyesight should get better when things relax. I remember nights when I felt my eyes were not closing all the way when I slept. Maybe they were not because of the swelling. I went to my optomotrist and he gave me a gel to put inside my lids at night so my eyes would not keep drying out. It worked. Now they are fine and my vision is back to normal. As far as the screws, I did not have those! It must be aweful!!! TIME. That is all. Time. I know you would love to find something quicker to ease your mind and body, but it is just time. One more month and you will see. Then another and another.