Pod 10 Very Swollen - Rhode Island, RI

Hi fellow TT ladies, Just a concern about...

Hi fellow TT ladies,

Just a concern about swelling that i would love feedback on. I am 10 dpo and am so very swollen! I am very uncomfortable and just look so bloated but know swelling is a common in recovery but this much? It's doesn't feel like a seroma since its hard swollen and not sloshy fluid but still was a night concerned. My dr is out of town but did speak to an on call dr that said it sounded like normal swelling from surgery and as long as I am not feeling ill or feverish from an infection I should be good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) drinking lots of water, taking arnica and bromalean (sp) and trying to rest! I feel great otherwise!

Hi HealthyRI. I am also in RI. And swollen like a bratwurst. I have my first post op today to get my stitches removed. I actually weigh more than I did the morning of my surgery. And my measurements are larger. How are you doing since your post nearly two weeks ago? Mit
Hello Mitford! Swelling does suck doesn't it!? Like your bratwurst analogie, so true, does feel like that:) I have been using water buffalo, ha! Still more swollen than I would like at 3 1/2 weeks but everyday does seem a little bit better. Think I am just a sweller:( trying to just stay on top of it and not of think it, it can't last forever right!? I have actually been wearing my cg with spanx over it for more compression and that does seem to help esp by days end. ( was a suggestions from another TT lady on here) also trying lymphatic massage Tom morn so will let you know if that helps at all, can't hurt:) try not to dwell on the swell (: or how you look now, things keep getting better and better and learning to be very patient (which is not something I am good at!!) hang in there!!!
Hi Mitford! So wanted to follow up with you on my lymphatic massage and if it helped with the swellig. I have to say that i am def less swollen today, esp for 3pm!!:) it was very relaxing too! Worth a shot!! Hood luck and hope u r feeling better!
I really think you would know if is an infection. Make sure to take your temperature. If it gets to 101 you will need to get on antibiotics... The swelling is terrible.. But if I only knew at day 10 What I know now... I would have been a lot happier at day 10, it will go down!
wear a spanx and your velcro abdominal binder together. It has help me.
This is very normal. Try not to freak out about this.
Same I am 10 days post op. It gets worse at night. Are you wearing a compression garment?
Read my blog, same thing Healthyri. Yes, all normal, will go away, not a seroma, mine is hard too.
Thank you and congrats to u too!! Yes, i remember that with my c-sections too but we were more stretched than tight like now so it didnt feel so weird;) Think i need to slow it done and be more patient with myself and healing! Need to remind myself this is a journey! Beautiful day here so plan on sitting my butt in a lounge chair in the warm sun:) good luck with your recovery and thank you!
Use Arnica rubbing gel. Very soothing!
Thank you! I have an arnica stick but will def look for arnica gel!
Could it be that you're constipated? Are you wearing your binder? My PS had me wear the binder 24/7 for 6 weeks post-op. It's been 4 1/2 since my surg and I still have days when I swell....so, I wear my binder for a day and the swelling goes away.
Oops! 4 1/2 months since my TT
Thankfully not constipated and wear my cg 24/7 unless I shower:) Hoping it starts to de-swell soon if I really take it easy! Thank you!
Are you staying away from salt and sodium foods?? Eat lots of pineapple (fresh).
THanks for your comment! I actually tried to get fresh pineapple juice today:) I am eating super healthy and low sodium as much as possible. I feel so good otherwise so it's a bit frustrating but I am probably doing too much cause I feel good!?
If you do too much you will swell. I learned this rule with my c sections. But im only 4 days post op, from what.i read and researched swelling can last on and off for 6 months. Dont get discouraged because it is a longgggg process but well worth it and it seems your doing great, keep your "diet" going !! And relax :)