33 Year-old Having Trouble Deciding Between Tummy Tuck or Breast Lift - Rhode Island

Here goes. I have been lurking a bit here reading...

Here goes. I have been lurking a bit here reading stories and looking at photos for quite some time, and the women on here have given me so much information and help just by sharing their stories. So thank you for that! I am in need of some advice, since I don't have any girlfriends who have kids and wrecked bodies.

I am 33, in pretty good shape. I have three kiddos, ages 3, 6, and 8. I have been nursing straightaway for 8 years (I only stopped for 1 month before my third child was born. Nursed kiddo #1 for 3.5 years in tandem with kiddo #2, and kiddo #3 is almost 4 and I'm starting to really wean her now). Needless to say, the girls are a bit wrecked. Before kids they weren't that awesome anyway. I always had stretch marks after I lost 15 lbs after high school. They were a 36C before kids, now I stuff them into a 36B with room to spare. I think I have more skin than actual breast tissue. So, I'd love a lift and possibly the tiniest implant available to give a little fullness. I want Leslie Mann's boobs from "This is 40." That would be my goal, and my expectation with breast surgery would be to have the chance to go bra-less in certain summer tops and to have a youthful, stretchmark-free area for once in my life. I have 90-year-old ta-tas currently and would like to reverse the clock as much as possible.

Onto my stomach. With my second pregnancy, my belly button pretty much separated from my stomach and now it sits there on its own. The skin around the belly button is wrinkly and hangs unattractively over the bands of my underwear and sweatpants. Other than the area directly around my belly button, my stomach isn't so bad.

I have the money saved for one operation only. I cannot combine. I do not know when I will be able to undergo the second surgery - it could be 5 years, could be 15. I need advice as to which surgery I should take on first. Recovery is a huge factor in this. I was pretty certain at the start I wanted to have the tt, but I really do not have a ton of help at home and cannot take more than 2 weeks off from work (I have a very light job in a library, so that's not really my main concern). I am more worried about the recovery at home and the repeated follow-ups that would be required for the tt. Plus, in my area tt is definitely costlier. I do think that for the money spent, the results of a tt will be more life-changing overall. But ...

My boobs really bother me, and I am starting to lean more toward that surgery because of the easier recovery. Is it worth it to have the boobs done, ladies? So you who have had it done feel dramatically better about your bodies? Please offer honest advice if you can. Thank you!

Only a few more days with the pooch ...

... and I'm freaking out. I have already cleaned the floors on my hands and knees, done 97 loads of laundry, and overloaded on difficult yoga poses. I might actually be ready for a break now :-)

I am getting so scared about the actual surgery. What if I don't wake up? What if I get an infection? What if, what if, on and on ...

Oh and I'm posting another before photo of my belly. Why not? I'm going to miss it ;-)

I did my tt first. Currently 2 1/2 months post-op. I'm paying installments already to fix my boobies (breastfed the last one 4 years :-o.. She gave me the hardest time to wean off ( ridiculous) anyways they look like hanging socks but with a good bra (they fool anyone) except hubby, when the bra comes off. Hubby is amazed and in love with my new tummy. He even massages the scar and every chance he gets he touches/rubs the belly ( the one who said he loved me the way I was, before the tt. You can always get the twins done later. Ask your PS if you can pay installments for another procedures, as many offices do.
That's a good idea to start paying now for the boobs. I am almost 2 weeks post-op for tt :-) I'm still too swollen to love my belly but so far I think the results are going to be well worth all the difficulty. I am still nursing my third child, who will be four in June, so I totally understand what long-term nursing does to the ladies. I always say mine look like tennis balls in socks, lol! I am going to check your account to see if you've posted belly pics!
How r u feeling?
Not bad, thank you! I'm going to post an update on my TT review later this afternoon. Hope you're feeling good hon!
A little better everday, Thanks:)
I went with TT first basically bc we had the $ for one procedure and it's easier to wear a nice bra to lift the chicks vs a body shaper (gas pain creator) all the time. Granted right know I'm 3 weeks PO and still wearing a shaper, I'd be in a binder but it's become too big and they just told me to get a shaper with super compression since us be transitioning to that I. A week anyway. I had the worst pain of my life for the first three days, then everything was fine. It's not easy being on a lifting restriction though for this long. My soon to be 3yo us a total mamas boy and weights 40 lbs. I think that's been the hardest. I returned to work (clinic nurse) at day 10. Just choose what bothers you the most! ;). Good luck!
Thank you for the advice! I saw your review, you look awesome! I have decided on the TT. I'm worried about the recovery because I HATE not being able to work out, plus I'm very OCD about cleaning and all that...like all moms. Oh and picking up a small child... should be an adventure.
I needed both BL and TT, but opted to due the TT first. Im day 4 PO and it really hasn't been bad. The pain has been manageable. I'm like u only money for one procedure. I chose TT because my stomach bothered me more than my boobs. I would like a BL in a year or so, but I'm terrified of implants. I'm not sure if I would get the volume with just the lift? Right now I can fake it with a good bra with padding. Plus my hubby was reluctant at first to pay for TT, I have to wait awhile before I even mention the BL.
I am probably going to end up with a tt, even though often I feel like my boobs bother me more. I really think I'm too deflated for fabulous results without implants, and since I don't want them, I might as well deal with the boobs for now. I know the tt will look great, so for the money, I'm going with the guaranteed results. Thank you for talking about your experience. Have you posted pics? How's the drain (for some reason, this aspect of recovery scares the bejesus out of me!). I'm going to look on the tt board.
(ETA by "deal with the boobs" I just mean put up with them, not take care of them. ha!)
I symphatize. I went for boobs op first. Just had it in january. Do you know why? I can still use a two piece bikini and be proud, no one will see my tummt in these, but they will see my boobs, also with dresses for nice oarties and weddings to attend, the boobs are now fixed, plus i wanted to reduce them ore kiddo, the tummy strech mark etc came after kiddo and i will wait little more to have it done. Hope it helps :)
I'm totally feeling that logic. I can't stand any bathing suits anymore! Unless they start making turtleneck-style tankinis. Are you happy with your results?
Hi, i am totally happy, even tough my op was not straight fwd. I woke up the next day still in my overnite at the hospital, w right breast huge, doc came in to see me and ordered me back to operating room, he had to re open the right, drain some edema away and re stich me again w local anesthetic, And i had the same problem 20 days later, so he re opened me again only w local anesthetic at his clinic, and physically had to remove w his hands as it wouldant come out, basilcally he took 2 strawberry sized things, "hematomas" out of the right again, after obviously that was visible in an ultrasound scan. I will do it all again if necessary. So what i had I looked here and its the 1 % thing that happens and docs fears most!! Hematomas, seromas, edemas. Very low chance of happening though. Dont be afraid!!!!
I was in a similar situation as you. The truth is you will end up wanting both. You just need to know what bothers you more. Sometimes I wish I would have fixed the tummy...but then I know even if it were fixed...I still wouldn't have wanted to wear a bikini cause my boobs were so bad. You just need to ask yourself what bothers you the most.
Thank you, you're so right. I know no matter which surgery I opt for, I will end up regretting not having the other to some degree. I cannot pull off any bathing suit with my breasts as they are - the tops are riddled with stretchmarks and the rest just droops like a wilted flower. Since I'm not really interested in baring my midriff at this point in my life anyway, I'm pretty sure it's going to be breast surgery first. I have a consultation on the 3/24 so we'll see what Dr. says!
I'm an older gal 61 had a TT September 2013 and a Breast-lift 2 weeks ago 2/12/2014..... Both are powerful surgeries... Read my stories l@@k at my pictures. I have no regrets I LOVE my smaller b@@bs & FLAT tummy. I will be posting more pictures of my healing process. Feel free to ask questions here on RealSelf.... ((Hugs)) LiveLoveBelieve
Thank you, I did read your story and you look fabulous! I'm thinking boobies 1st! They have nourished three babies and deserve some TLC!
Your stomach looks good imo. Ive had 2 c-sections & the pouch above my scar is hideous. However I opted for the breast lift first. Trying to get the nerve up for a tt, I want one so badly but the recovery scares the living daylights out of me.
Thanks for the compliment! I might not have truly captured the pouchy flap of skin that dangles independently from the rest of my body when I'm in plank position. It's quite special ;-) How did you like your breast lift? Did you post pics on here?
Oh my, I haven't looked at mine while planking..scary thought lol. Yes I have a couple of pics. Just got my b4 from my ps, I need to get those posted & a current one. I had my lift on 11/14/13. No implants-just because I didnt want to have any more surgeries later in life. Other than that I have nothing against implants. I am completely over the moon with the new ladies : )
Plank is frightening! I'm happy to hear you're in love with your results. I made another consult for 3/24 (which seems soooo far away!) and I'll update then. I'm definitely leaning toward BL w/o implants at this point...
My ps had an album full of his before & after of his lifts, and I was referred by a friend who also had spectacular results. Does the doc you're having your consult with have any reviews on here? Keep us posted. Exciting time!
Ain't it the truth that you can't hide from saggy boobs? They're literally right there in your face every time you look down. I just visualize being able to look nice in low-cut tops and not have to worry about hiding the loose skin and stretch marks.
I would opt for the TT. I am actually in need of both procedures myself. The PS that I will probably go eoh told me that I'm too flaccid for a lift alone so I'm worried about what they will look like afterwards. I never wanted implants and I get anxiety whenever I start considering them. Also, I heard of a process called the ULTIMATE BREAST LIFT from another blog but have not researched it as of yet. Hope this helps!
Some people with the ubl have okay results (I personally prefer scars that will fade and better shaped breasts, but that is just my opinion) and I've seen some that were left horribly deformed after. Looking at a lot of his after pictures some people end up with severe pleating, a band like scar tissue across the front part of the breast, very boxy breasts and breasts that look smashed or have tissue hanging from the implant. Very scary!