33 Year-old Having Trouble Deciding Between Tummy Tuck or Breast Lift - Rhode Island

Here goes. I have been lurking a bit here reading...

Here goes. I have been lurking a bit here reading stories and looking at photos for quite some time, and the women on here have given me so much information and help just by sharing their stories. So thank you for that! I am in need of some advice, since I don't have any girlfriends who have kids and wrecked bodies.

I am 33, in pretty good shape. I have three kiddos, ages 3, 6, and 8. I have been nursing straightaway for 8 years (I only stopped for 1 month before my third child was born. Nursed kiddo #1 for 3.5 years in tandem with kiddo #2, and kiddo #3 is almost 4 and I'm starting to really wean her now). Needless to say, the girls are a bit wrecked. Before kids they weren't that awesome anyway. I always had stretch marks after I lost 15 lbs after high school. They were a 36C before kids, now I stuff them into a 36B with room to spare. I think I have more skin than actual breast tissue. So, I'd love a lift and possibly the tiniest implant available to give a little fullness. I want Leslie Mann's boobs from "This is 40." That would be my goal, and my expectation with breast surgery would be to have the chance to go bra-less in certain summer tops and to have a youthful, stretchmark-free area for once in my life. I have 90-year-old ta-tas currently and would like to reverse the clock as much as possible.

Onto my stomach. With my second pregnancy, my belly button pretty much separated from my stomach and now it sits there on its own. The skin around the belly button is wrinkly and hangs unattractively over the bands of my underwear and sweatpants. Other than the area directly around my belly button, my stomach isn't so bad.

I have the money saved for one operation only. I cannot combine. I do not know when I will be able to undergo the second surgery - it could be 5 years, could be 15. I need advice as to which surgery I should take on first. Recovery is a huge factor in this. I was pretty certain at the start I wanted to have the tt, but I really do not have a ton of help at home and cannot take more than 2 weeks off from work (I have a very light job in a library, so that's not really my main concern). I am more worried about the recovery at home and the repeated follow-ups that would be required for the tt. Plus, in my area tt is definitely costlier. I do think that for the money spent, the results of a tt will be more life-changing overall. But ...

My boobs really bother me, and I am starting to lean more toward that surgery because of the easier recovery. Is it worth it to have the boobs done, ladies? So you who have had it done feel dramatically better about your bodies? Please offer honest advice if you can. Thank you!

I went with TT first basically bc we had the $ for one procedure and it's easier to wear a nice bra to lift the chicks vs a body shaper (gas pain creator) all the time. Granted right know I'm 3 weeks PO and still wearing a shaper, I'd be in a binder but it's become too big and they just told me to get a shaper with super compression since us be transitioning to that I. A week anyway. I had the worst pain of my life for the first three days, then everything was fine. It's not easy being on a lifting restriction though for this long. My soon to be 3yo us a total mamas boy and weights 40 lbs. I think that's been the hardest. I returned to work (clinic nurse) at day 10. Just choose what bothers you the most! ;). Good luck!
Thank you for the advice! I saw your review, you look awesome! I have decided on the TT. I'm worried about the recovery because I HATE not being able to work out, plus I'm very OCD about cleaning and all that...like all moms. Oh and picking up a small child... should be an adventure.
I needed both BL and TT, but opted to due the TT first. Im day 4 PO and it really hasn't been bad. The pain has been manageable. I'm like u only money for one procedure. I chose TT because my stomach bothered me more than my boobs. I would like a BL in a year or so, but I'm terrified of implants. I'm not sure if I would get the volume with just the lift? Right now I can fake it with a good bra with padding. Plus my hubby was reluctant at first to pay for TT, I have to wait awhile before I even mention the BL.

Only a few more days with the pooch ...

... and I'm freaking out. I have already cleaned the floors on my hands and knees, done 97 loads of laundry, and overloaded on difficult yoga poses. I might actually be ready for a break now :-)

I am getting so scared about the actual surgery. What if I don't wake up? What if I get an infection? What if, what if, on and on ...

Oh and I'm posting another before photo of my belly. Why not? I'm going to miss it ;-)

I did my tt first. Currently 2 1/2 months post-op. I'm paying installments already to fix my boobies (breastfed the last one 4 years :-o.. She gave me the hardest time to wean off ( ridiculous) anyways they look like hanging socks but with a good bra (they fool anyone) except hubby, when the bra comes off. Hubby is amazed and in love with my new tummy. He even massages the scar and every chance he gets he touches/rubs the belly ( the one who said he loved me the way I was, before the tt. You can always get the twins done later. Ask your PS if you can pay installments for another procedures, as many offices do.
That's a good idea to start paying now for the boobs. I am almost 2 weeks post-op for tt :-) I'm still too swollen to love my belly but so far I think the results are going to be well worth all the difficulty. I am still nursing my third child, who will be four in June, so I totally understand what long-term nursing does to the ladies. I always say mine look like tennis balls in socks, lol! I am going to check your account to see if you've posted belly pics!
How r u feeling?