Rhinoplasty Nightmare

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted to get...

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted to get a nose job. I never liked my nose, it was too big, too wide and I always knew I could look better. I was always teased as a kid cause of my nose and that brought a lot of insecurities. Every day I wished I could get a rhinoplasty to fix my nose, because I knew I could get a nose that suits my face better. All I wanted was my tip refined, my nostrils to look smaller and maybe an implant for my nose. Well I finally got my wish, when my mother decided to make my longtime wish come true and it actually became a nightmare.

After three rhinoplasty, my nose still looks the same as I came in the doctors door 2 years ago. I don't know If I should get another revision with the same doctor, another doctor or just accept that my nose won't get better. I've seen better nose jobs on african americans which I love the results, but mine seems to keep getting worse and worse, what should I do? I know my nose can look better.

Hi, how did you know your goretex implant got infected? I feel like my got bigger, is that a sign? I want mine taken out but i'm just too scared to get a more botched nose:( i kind of miss my natural nose.... Btw i like the way your nose looks now:)
I noticed because it started getting bigger and a little bit red around the tip area. My surgeon checked me and agreed that indeed it was infected. It has passed atleast 2 years since my implant was removed and I do agree that it has gotten a lot better. I still would get it done again because the tip got a little bit scarred because of the implant and it is still big.
All hope is not lost yet! You really need to look at the brighter side of life just like me.This is my 7th week after my rhinoplasty in india and i' ve never felt this way my intire life but thank GOD,i've already found a great surgeon who will make my dreams come true.pls do check out his website(www.kofi boahene .com)i stongly believe that he's a gift to all AFRICANS.My revision rhinoplasty is in december in ghana since he comes home once every year.it is a blessings to us since african nose job is said to be more complicated than that of the white folks.contact me through this ******@*****.com.pls dont ever give up on you nose!
I will take a look at his work, thank you.
Hi. Dr. Boahene performed my revision and I am pleased. You're in great hands. Good luck!
Thank you. I will look forward to it. =)
Dear zoster,it was you story that actually motivated me to look for dr boahene.thanks a lot!
I like others wish that I could see full face photos of you before's and afters. The fist photo pre any surgery looked fine and the last photo after the 3 different surgeries look fine to me aswell because it does not appear that you have been operated on at all. That is the key to have a natural outcome if possible.
It does look natural now. The tip is still swollen after 2 years because of the scarring but it still looks nice.
Hope it gets better. Who was the doctor who performed the surgery?
Thank you. His name is Dr.Adler.
I would see a lawyer if I were you. It seems like your surgeon is putting you off and off and after a while you may not be able to sue anymore.
True....but like he knows he screwed up, he did do the revision for free =)
Was the swelling resolve faster when you had the implant removed? Have you gone to another doctor for second opinion? Excess scar tissue? However since you said your swelling is still fluctuating at times then i guess not. All the best for you!
After he removed the implant my nose dramatically swelled. But my tip was still swelled up, even now. I did went to another plastic surgeon and he told me that my nose tip was still hard so I had to wait another year if I wanted a revision and yes I have excess scar tissue. Thank you, hope everything works out with you.
Hi angela. How have you been? Well its 3 m post op and i am sure now that i do not like it. Im going to remove it on the 19th. When did your swelling resolve after you remove the goretex? Is your tip still hard after 6 m upon removal? I am just hoping and prayin that my nose would go back close to what it were before the operation.
Hi, well it's been a year and 1 month and my nose tip is still swelling. I ask my plastic surgeon and he said it could be almost 2 years till all the swelling goes down. My swelling is so bad that when I take close up pics, my left nostril looks bigger than my right one because the swelling is bigger on the right side of my tip. Sometimes I wake up with my nose swelled up more than other days. It's just really depressing =( hope your swelling goes down fast after removing the gore-text =)
Have you tried cortisone shot (steroid), ive been reading and assumed that stuff works :)
Pretty sure steroids only work the first couple of weeks after surgery for 'general' swelling. After that they are used for 'specific' spots where skin is thick. I could be wrong on this. Definitely one year is not enough time for swelling to resolve after open revisionary rhinoplasty. Drink lots and lots of water and relax. I personally also think alcohol and coffee are enemies causing inflammation.
Yes, I used cortisone shots but they only work the first couple of weeks as Gone said. Maybe I should cut back on the coffee.
Hi angelasims, My nose is almost the same as yours post 3 months and i cant help to wonder did your swelling go down?
Well in December 2012, it's been a year since my last rhinoplasty....and looking at it right now, the tip looks a little bit more refined but no were close to how refined my tip was before my first surgery.
Hi, How does your nose look now? Does it look more defined? Hope you're feeling better about it
Well it's been exactly a year since my rhinoplasty and the tip still looks the same....I have my fingers crossed that it will be slimmer soon
Actually it take about one and a half years for swelling to completely go away. Judging from your photos it will get better and better for you.