Rhinoplasty Nightmare

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted to get...

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted to get a nose job. I never liked my nose, it was too big, too wide and I always knew I could look better. I was always teased as a kid cause of my nose and that brought a lot of insecurities. Every day I wished I could get a rhinoplasty to fix my nose, because I knew I could get a nose that suits my face better. All I wanted was my tip refined, my nostrils to look smaller and maybe an implant for my nose. Well I finally got my wish, when my mother decided to make my longtime wish come true and it actually became a nightmare.

After three rhinoplasty, my nose still looks the same as I came in the doctors door 2 years ago. I don't know If I should get another revision with the same doctor, another doctor or just accept that my nose won't get better. I've seen better nose jobs on african americans which I love the results, but mine seems to keep getting worse and worse, what should I do? I know my nose can look better.

Hope it gets better. Who was the doctor who performed the surgery?
I would see a lawyer if I were you. It seems like your surgeon is putting you off and off and after a while you may not be able to sue anymore.
Was the swelling resolve faster when you had the implant removed? Have you gone to another doctor for second opinion? Excess scar tissue? However since you said your swelling is still fluctuating at times then i guess not. All the best for you!
After he removed the implant my nose dramatically swelled. But my tip was still swelled up, even now. I did went to another plastic surgeon and he told me that my nose tip was still hard so I had to wait another year if I wanted a revision and yes I have excess scar tissue. Thank you, hope everything works out with you.
Hi angela. How have you been? Well its 3 m post op and i am sure now that i do not like it. Im going to remove it on the 19th. When did your swelling resolve after you remove the goretex? Is your tip still hard after 6 m upon removal? I am just hoping and prayin that my nose would go back close to what it were before the operation.
Hi, well it's been a year and 1 month and my nose tip is still swelling. I ask my plastic surgeon and he said it could be almost 2 years till all the swelling goes down. My swelling is so bad that when I take close up pics, my left nostril looks bigger than my right one because the swelling is bigger on the right side of my tip. Sometimes I wake up with my nose swelled up more than other days. It's just really depressing =( hope your swelling goes down fast after removing the gore-text =)
Have you tried cortisone shot (steroid), ive been reading and assumed that stuff works :)
Pretty sure steroids only work the first couple of weeks after surgery for 'general' swelling. After that they are used for 'specific' spots where skin is thick. I could be wrong on this. Definitely one year is not enough time for swelling to resolve after open revisionary rhinoplasty. Drink lots and lots of water and relax. I personally also think alcohol and coffee are enemies causing inflammation.
Yes, I used cortisone shots but they only work the first couple of weeks as Gone said. Maybe I should cut back on the coffee.
Hi angelasims, My nose is almost the same as yours post 3 months and i cant help to wonder did your swelling go down?
Well in December 2012, it's been a year since my last rhinoplasty....and looking at it right now, the tip looks a little bit more refined but no were close to how refined my tip was before my first surgery.
Hi, How does your nose look now? Does it look more defined? Hope you're feeling better about it
Well it's been exactly a year since my rhinoplasty and the tip still looks the same....I have my fingers crossed that it will be slimmer soon
Actually it take about one and a half years for swelling to completely go away. Judging from your photos it will get better and better for you.
Thanks! I'm still counting on it! A year has already passed and it still looks the same, what's almost weird is that sometimes I wake up with my nose tip swollen and then through the day it gets better
After some more experience of this I have found it can take as much as two years after open rhinoplasty for all the swelling to go down. Even a little more after revision surgery. If I were you I would look at it as a good sign the your is changing from day to day. I think that means you are still in the healing mode.
Thanks! I hope that next year most of my tip swelling will eventually go down. I don't wish to spend more money on revision.

Thank you for sharing your story and photos. You look like you still might be swollen. Don't despair yet! You need to give them some time (at least another 3 to 6 months) to see if your nose doesn't settle and give you just the look you're wanting.

If it doesn't, contact a revision rhinoplasty SPECIALIST and accept nothing less than that. You've had a lot done to your nose and you want someone who knows what he or she is doing!

Keep us posted!

That is what eventually I will need to do...thank you
You need to wait a full 12 months for swelling to go down and your true nose shape to appear, so please distract yourself with other activities (and take weekly pics so you can see the progress yourself.)
After 1 year...the nose tip seems to have gone down a little bit but it still does not even looks as refined as it was before I came to the doctor's office for the first time.
Sorry, december 2011 I had my third rhinoplasty.
Thanks! The first picture is my original nose, the second picture was my nose with a gore-tex implant then after it got infected. The third picture was when my plastic surgeon removed the infected impant. The fourth picture was my nose in december 2012 right after they removed the splint, with an ear cartilage and the last picture is me now, 3 months after surgery. I really liked how it turned out after the third time but it got big again and the swelling hasn't gone down a bit.
If you showed your face (covering eyes)- it would give us a better indication.

I am so sorry you are having to endure so many procedures, and still havent found you wanted in a doctor-and or- nose. But, I would recommend going to a VERY experienced surgeon before you go through ANY more operations. It is important to wait for the nose to heal. Also, remember, that our noses can only change to a certain degree. Its hard to gage that when we see other noses. But, thats why its important to go see someone who has seen and done everything- rhinoplasty wise.

From the last picture you posted- your nose looks nice. If it is not what you wanted- I would first research Experienced doctors (ENT + Plastic Surgery) to gain a better idea of what is happening inside and outside your nose. Its hard to do, I know :)- but try to wait it out and see your results first before going through anymore surgeries.

I wish you the best! Keep us posted!