Don't freak out.  The $4500 wasn't one...

Don't freak out.  The $4500 wasn't one treament.

At first we used Perlane, but it kinda hurt whenever there was pressure on it, and I can't imagine enjoying kissing with that in there.  The last time, I used Restylane.  Much better.

The doctor is one of the most caring, nurturing, and accommodating people I've ever known.  She really cares if you're happy with the results.

I started out with an almost nonexistent upper lip.  I had had color tattooed on above the vermillion part of the lip, but the natural edge of my lip stuck out a little so that if you had a discerning eye, you could tell I was cheating.  I wanted her to make a "lip edge" at the outer edge of the tattooed-on part & fill the rest with Perlane/Restylane so it would look like my natural lip edge was at the edge of the tattoo.  SHE DID IT!!  For the lower lip, no artistry was needed, just filler.

For a while I had the most wonderful lips.  Unfortunately, my body did a good job of getting rid of the filler so I kept having to go back for more.  Each cc was $550.  I could probably have had an autologous fat transfplant to my lips for the $4500 I've paid.

Now the doc is on a long vacation, my lips are shrinking, and I'm not sure what to do.  The doc who did my tummy tuck does lips, but I've seen his work on one woman & he just seems to plump them up without regard to their shape.  Last time I saw her (the patient of the TT doc), her lips were pretty crooked.

Anyway, I highly recommend the doctor named above (below?) once she gets back from vacation in November.  I'm going to have her do a fat transplant then.

Well, last time I had my lips done, I used...

Well, last time I had my lips done, I used Juvederm.  It disappeared faster than either Perlane or Restylane.  I liked Restylane better than Perlane because Perlane is harder.  But Restylane is also somewhat hard.  I can't imaging kissing someone & enjoying it.  I'm going to have to go for autologous fat transfer, have to wait till {edited - provider information is located above the review} gets back (NOVEMBER!!).  Meanwhile, what do I do, go lipless?  Keep spending $550 each each cc?  It's so frustrating.  I don't understand why this stuff doesn't last with me.

Is it worth it?  It's a necessity!  But I can't afford to keep having it done over & over.

I've always had a thin upper lip, coming straight...

I've always had a thin upper lip, coming straight down from my nose & then making a right turn (in profile) & heading straight toward my mouth.   As you get older (I'm 66) they get thinner.  I've always hated them & now I was freaking out.  I love what Perlane, Restylane, and Juvederm have done for my lips, but I keep having to have them re-plumped.  I want something more permanent.  Fat transfer?  Those little saline-filled silicone tubular implants (Verafil)?  I'd like to hear from people who've gotten the latter two.  I've written the Verafil people twice pleading with them to make triangular pieces for the lip peaks.  I don't see why they don't just make them.  What's the big deal?  And I'd like to know if people who got fat transfer into their lips found that the fat eventually disappeared & if so, did it happen as fast as Restylane, etc.?  I've spent so much on lips I coulda gotten a breast lift by now.

Dr. Jennifer Henderson, Seattle (she's moved to Silverdale WA & Bainbridge Isl.)

She's very caring & careful, tries to shape your lips exactly like you want.

Hi! Thanks for your response! I had a look at that website too- very interesting, but yes, I agree that they need to shape them more. Think they will be wonderful then! I'm going for a consultation on the 13th July for a BA revision, so I'm going to ask the surgeon about fat transfer. If I don't get the fat transfer, I was hoping for Juvederm, but he only does restylane. I will let you know what happens :)
I was going to have fat transfer done, but I had some fat tranferred to the crease between my lower lip (including the regular skin) at the place where the chin begins to stick out. It was great, because that crease is so deep on me,and it also smoothed out the skin to each side, which has been bumpy (whyyyy?) all my life. However, in the everyday movement of my mouth, the fat just disappeared. I'm interested in the Verafil implant (see http://www.premierplasticsurgery.com/minimallyinvasive/fulfil.htm). It's a saline-filled sac that they run through your lip. I'm waiting for them to realize that lips have peaks & make little triangular pieces or shape the implant so you have a cupid's bow. I did have fat transplanted to my cheeks and it's still there (it's been about a year).
Hi! I see your last post was in April. Did you decide on what to do with your lips? I'm thinking of having fat transfer done to my lips. The few pictures on the internet that I have found look really plump yet natural.